Can anyone recommend one

What the deal with these things. Does anyone make a legit jumper pack. Are these nothing but overpriced inflators with a flashlight.

Seems like there has been an influx of these on the market lately, mainly the handheld ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/281979316464
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty much all work, but there are huge discrepancies when it comes to announced output and realistic output, especially for the cheap "handheld" ones

The easiest and cheapest way still remains a battery that is properly kept

Put a cheap harbor freight one in my gf's car since it was $30. Haven't used it yet but the instructions are weird. You have to hook it up, turn it on, and let it charge your battery for 5 minutes. Jumper cables are much faster but if you're alone or don't want to deal with strangers it's an alternative.

Lived in my car and bought a large one from walmart. Used it to power a fan at night and to jump my car a couple of times. If i was just going to use one for jumping a dead battery I would look into a lithium battery one that can fit in the glove box.

I was actually looking into the Harbor Freight el cheapo one w/ a coupon.

Its just difficult sifting through the "quality ones" because Ive seen a few videos of people opening these and they look like junk.

If most are the same with just fancy covers I might as well get the HF one. Ultimately Id like to make one out of a car battery but kinda need one now.

Yeah it's called carrying a spare battery and swapping it

How/why the fuck do people insist on fucking up their batteries enough to """""""need"""""" one of these. I haven't needed a boost in like 10 years and that's including -40 starts.

I have a harbor freight one. It's not the cheapest one though. It actually works good, jumped my car first try.

Shit Idk why sometimes people's car battery's just die or don't want to start in cold weather, or someone accidentally left a dome light on or door open.

Wanting to be prepared for an emergency in general and don't want to always to ask Jim Bob Fuckface next store to use his car for a jump.

So you did in fact need a boost at one point in time.

>asking why someone would want to own one of these.

Don't matter how cheap it looks. All that matters is you got a battery capable of jumping your car. Even the basic one that gets the coupon at least has USB ports and a cigarette lighter style socket to charge things with it. So it has some additional functions for emergency use.

I've only been driving for 10 years and have never needed a boost. I'm not retarded enough to leave my lights on repeatedly and I replace my batteries as soon as they show signs of weakness. If I buy a shitbox I replace it's battery right away.

I-I've never needed this, how could anyone make these mistakes with a car battery, emergencies, camping etc. Youre literally that close minded fucktard that cannot grasp this. Doesn't take lights left on repeatedly dumbass... Could be a single time.

I've bought 3 of these, and I'm telling you: the fuckers work.

These are great, cost about $120 on amazon. Can jump a few dozen cars before it needs recharged

I'm an idiot. Fucking link: ebay.com/itm/281979316464

This, 100 times better than the Horrible Fright one.
Love mine.

Jumpit,

Has a tire inflator, Light, and cigarette lighter.

I have the same one (the 1000) and have dropped that fucker like 7 times off the bed of a lifted F250 and it still works

I have the harbor freight one, and it works ok. Jumped several cars with it, hasn't broken yet, that's about all I can say for it.

The tire inflator is so useless I don't even know why they put in it. Takes like 20 minutes to fill a tire and the motor will probably overheat and shut down before that happens.

I wanted to get a professional model, like the ones I had when I was a tech and we used around the shop, those things were fucking great. But looking around those damn things cost like $400

The smaller one's work well. The heavy ones with the compressor are good as generators and emergency flat tire kinda shit.

Another vote.

I used mine every day and I don't think I've ever charged it in 6 months. Just leave it on the car I just jumped for a few minutes and its good.

Thanks man. I'm gonna go with the HF one. As it looks like from the stuff anons have said here it seems adequate.