PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.3, thoroughly patching downgrading for latefriends who update. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36
-rxTools BTFO, Homebrew on o3DS in limbo, Menuhax's "last known Home Menu vuln." dead
-freeShop now has its own website, freeshop.pw
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-NTR CFW 3.4 Preview4 released. BootNTR Selector updates automatically. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-VitaShell 1.51 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Henkaku. wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/smealum/status/829558056824344576
3ds.guide/
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>this thread 404s the old thread

Maximum efficiency.

Are saves for cartridges and (purchased) downloaded games stored differently on the 3DS?

I have the cartridge for a game, and when I loaded it I still had my old save from before I hacked my console, but I just tried with a Pokemon game that came "pre-installed" with my 3DS by downloading it again on freeshop and there's no save.

is back

Isn't it nuts how cfw do that?

yep just restore the backup you made during the guide which doesn't have a9lh and don't select keep a9lh, after that you can just format it if you want and it will be like new

Does Freeshop have music by default? It still plays silence for me.

Is using httpwn the right choice to avoid updates in the future or is a9lh and luma safe 4ever

>12.0 when

Zelda leak when?
Nintendont on gamepad when?

For o3ds and 2ds as well?

he said all but just used o3ds for the pic

The picture is a o3ds user..

>nintendo

ayyy I don't even see a nub

It's been a while since I checked in, I see that you can boot DS roms on 3DS CFW now, how fast is progress going on that?

I knew the o3ds would survive. And I was about to buy a n3ds.

11.3 looks like THAT?!?!

it's never going to be as good as a $5 flashcart

Most games save to cart, and they may save a little bit to SD in the form of "extdata". A few games like Monster Hunter Generations have dumb cartridges that don't hold data.

Yes is see now. This is good news then. And please excuse my blindness.

What the fuck, I had no idea, I thought carts were read-only. Well that explains my problem.

That's actually what makes carts awesome, compared to bad old CDs. I hope Nintendo doesn't fuck up and make all carts dumb for Switch.

I've already played most of the DS library I care about honestly, I'm just always interested in seeing how this kind of shit progresses.

>tfw it would already be working on Luma if he just released the newer otherapps already which would take just a few minutes for him, and then focus on the normies

Well it's not like most of us care about kickass anyway, but it still fucked with the flow of Plailect's guide.

I have an unhacked O3DSXL with 11.2. Should I;
>install CFW then update to 11.3
>update to 11.3 then wait for it to become hackable
>update to 11.3 but accept that the age of hacking O3DS is over
?

Also can you unhack 3DS's, say if you want to trade them in?

So what do now. This is my first update crisis. Do we just wait in the morning and update through Luma or somebizz?

twitter.com/smealum/status/829558056824344576

Based SMEA

get to it!

hack on 11.2

don't update

3ds.guide/

>will finally safely update to 11.3 after this
2 months they said

You can unhack.

Format the system and the SD card.

Good to know, thanks

Would that mean I won't be able to trade/battle/bank etc with Pokemon Sun?

>trade/battle
yes on 11.2
>bank
requires 11.3

finish the guide before you even think about updating

Is there like a freeshop for vWii?

I have got USB loader, formated it as wbfs or some weird crap starting with a w. Anyway, when i use WiiFlow, it looks like its loading up the game but goes back to the wii menu.

USB loader just cant find my drive and my Channels show up blank in the list

Is it true that you shouldn't play online with a game that doesn't match the region of your 3DS?

Like if I downloaded some Puyopuyo (only in japan) would I be safe on my US 3DS?

safe

>People playing MHX back when it came out on US and EU 3DS's
>No one had issues
The answer is you're fine. Knowing anything that would fall as a 'game to game' check to ensure it's running on the right system type, but honestly most people expect due to region lockout that scripting for that is kinda redundant.

whats you're opinion on Aurora Wright?

Region has never been the issue

They've been making the only competitive CFW since last May.

He's a guy.

>you're

Alright I'm like 6 years behind on modding a Wii but I got one for free a few days ago and started modding it. For whatever reason I get the black screen with disconnected Wiimote when I launch games through USB Loader GX. I've reinstalled the clios to make sure they were on the proper channels, made sure to format the drives correctly, and I've tried forcing NTSC. This shit ain't working,

Im trying another flash drive right now. Anyone have any ideas?

hey, someone took my bait! YES!

>HURRRR I was only pretending to be retarded!

make sure you're using the most latest version and does all games end with the black screen? could be bad iso rip

I'm on
Update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

Updates while using A9LH + Luma (what you have) are safe, stop asking about it
The warning about never updating a New 3DS from 2.1.0 does not apply after restoring your NAND backup.

All the previous steps are done. 2ds, 11.2.0

Is it still safe to update in light of 11.3?

What wiimote are you using?

MotionPlus controllers have not always worked with some homebrew.

safe of course but as usual hbl down for now as always

So far three different ISOs fed through the backup manager all don't work. The Last Story, Skyward Sword, and Xenoblade Chronicles. I'll try redoing it with the lastest version off Sourceforge

Meant to reply to

>Sourceforge
you didn't download the gx installer and checked the channel box did you? been reported that doing that installs an outdated version do it manually

I want Nintendo to kill HBL just to btfo Smegma off his high moral horse.

No I've made sure to not install that. Been doing everything through the HB channel itself.

Almost positive. The Wii was bought in like 2008 and the controllers were never replaced so 99.99% they are original base controllers

giving them too much credit

3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
>Section V - Injecting FBI
What is this shit? Do I need this

obviously it's one of the most important things how else are you going to install shit

no, it's not like you need it for pretty much anything outside of homebrew, you know, the thing you decided wasn't enough and wanted custom firmware?

Well god fucking niggers. I put Xenoblade on one of my old small USB's and it loaded straight up. Is there any reason a typical 32GB Sandisk wouldn't work?

thank you, kind Sir

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

It really isn't. It has been out for months now and still can't work.

Reminder that YsMenu is garbage and it's better to use your original firmware.

works fine on my DSTT bro

What's likely to happen first?
>it becomes safe to update cfw to 11.3 on an O3DS
>11.3 becomes hackable on O3DS

It doesn't work for me when I try to play Yu-Gi-Oh WC 2011 on my R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS. It always freezes.

different fag at the same point. hbl down is just going through something in homebrew launcher right?
I gotta put off the update for a little bit so I'm just trying to remember what everything is before I continue

hackcucks BTFO

You want Wood on an R4 really.

what are you talking about? a9lh+luma is safe on 11.3

unhacked 11.3 hack is months and months away

I never knew how to get that. I searched it up but there's nothing saying how to do it.

>>it becomes safe to update cfw to 11.3 on an O3DS
This is already true. So this.

yeah

Look once at what's on your SD card and the rest becomes clear to anyone who isn't retarded.

What version

Does OoT still work as a secondary entry point?

sure but soundhax is the go to now, all hb is down for 11.3 though

Cool i just wanted to be sure. Looks like I'll try hacking my 11.2, then update so i can still use pokemon bank

Was this not just fixed?
Piss

So if I'm on Luma+a9lh I can update to 11.3 safely right? BootNTR has already been updated to work with the latest firmware. If I understand this right, the HBL is temporarily not accessible but Smea is almost done with fixing it. My few utility apps are FBI, FTPDB, CHMM2, CTRXplorer, JKSV, HBL, Luma Updater, BootNTR Selector, and 3DSController.

I need to know this as well

There should just be a dedicated widget that sits on the homescreen and just stays green when its okay to update and red when its not
thats it
probably would save lives

since a9lh was a thing it has never been not ok to update though hbl and ntr breaks every update it's nothing new no need for something like that

It'll be fast when they figure out how to turn the ARM11's FCRAM access back on so they can cache the entire ROM in memory.

If I were to guess, ARM11 doesn't have access to FCRAM any more since ARM7/9 is using it for main memory.

Ah yeah fair, that makes sense

Say I inject a game and name it GAY SEX. What do the people on my friend list see it as?

I'll just use my R4. No waiting around for something that might not even work out.

Fire Emblem Fates

Alright, just making sure my reading comprehension is right. Is it true 11.3 fucks up RxTools? I'm using the old EmuNAND method and I can't be fucked to mess with it.

Just switch to Luma bro. Takes 5 minutes

yep finally

yes all .cia homebrew will work. hbl is getting a new payload so that stuff will work soon.
id recommend making a nand backup before updating with decrypt9/hourglass9 though just to be on the safe side.

Fuck it, I'll just go install A9LH then. The only reason I haven't to this point is convenience.

Is it normal for NTR 3.4 through selector to be slow to load apps and the like? What's going on?

how do i do some system updating to 11.3

>having trouble modding your wii
holy shit dude

>"trading in" anything ever
why? take 5 minutes to put it up on ebay or craigslist. better yet keep it hacked and puts some marios and pokemons on it and sell it to normies for a marked up price on CL

I literally just hacked my n3DS XL a couple days ago. What will 11.3 fuck up and is there anything that can let me safely update