Camaro update

Camaro update

Jacked up the rear wheels and turned it on, put it in Drive and hit the gas and the driveshaft doesnt turn at all. So trans fucked then? Should I even bother opening up the differential then?

Did you visually check the axles?

Didn't meant to quote.

I didn't pop the difference cover off no, but I turned the wheels while I had themy jacked up. They spunderstand in opposite directionside. Driveshaft doesnt turn with them though. Heard noise coming from flexplate/ torque converter though so I'm gonna check that too

What did the trans fluid look like?

If you did that and didn't notice anything amiss with the axles themselves, I'd leave them be for now and worry about getting the trans out.

Might as well swap in a manual transmission while you're at it.

The fluid looked fine. I think it's gonna end up being the trans. The car can not be pushed in park, only neutral and in gear

Where's the thicc wife?

Definitely the trans. The pump probably took a shit. Take the opportunity to put a better transmission in, a Borg Warner Super T10 should be a bolt in upgrade, but it's a 4 speed. A T5 would give you 5 speeds but they're weak and you'd have to convert the car to a hydraulic clutch.

what's your budget op?

She's at work ironically at a chevy dealership

Yea that's what I figured

Budget isn't really an issue unfortunately time is. I have to go to Japan next month and I'll be gone till like November. Don't want to just leave this shit here on Jackstands for my family to deal with

I'm probably gonna fuck her Brains out for a few hours when she gets home do de-stress from working on my shitbox for a few hours outside in the hot ass sun on grass and dirt

>Budget isn't really an issue unfortunately time is
Then drop it off at the local transmission shop and it'll be ready by Friday

Where is the fun in that?

Yea what he said

No but really I have maybe one week to get this done before I'll be too busy all the time with work to do anything on it or even drive it shit or even see my wife really. then I'll be in Japan in like 3 weeks all the way till November or so. The cars safely parked at my in laws where I was gonna leave It anyways.

Talked to the father in law and hes cool with just pushing it into the side yard throwing a cover over it and some sta-bil in the tank and just running the engine once a week till I come back with a fat wad of cash and fix it myself/ get it professionally done with better parts a shift kit and positrac rear.

Figure the money I would have spent at a shop only to just leave it parked for 7 months anyways will be better spent hanging out with my family while I still can, then fixing it when I get back

just go to a junkyard and get a th350, they're still common as dirt, and cheap.

Wait, you spun the wheel , the other spun counter clockwise but the driveshaft didnt move?
What happens when you put the car in neutral and spin the driveshaft by hand?

Should the car be on or off for this?

>Wait, you spun the wheel , the other spun counter clockwise but the driveshaft didnt move?
That's what an open diff does.

Yes but the driveshaft should move

only if you hold the other wheel stationary.

if you put a built tranny in that, like hard shifting built, you're going to oblierate that 10 bolt in short order. might as well pony up and put an 8.8 in there.

OK so what should I do? Prop up the back end, put in neutral (on or off) and the spin the driveshaft? What is it supposed to do? I only have like 20 minutes before thic wife annonette gets off work

You have troubleshooting to do.
How is the shift linkage?

It looked intact when I was under there. I think the linkage itself is moving but the tranny isn't making the shifts, which leads me to believe failed pump. There's no distinct thump or anything when I move the selector.

I broke a linkage on a 700r4 before and it just stayed in Drive. This was in Drive when it broke and now it's stuck neutral so that's why I don't believe it's the linkage