/rwg/ Rimworld General

happy colony edition

Previous Thread: >What is Rimworld?
An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/
>How is it different from Dorfort?
Sci-fi setting with good graphics and lewd
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK

(/rwg/ mods)
pastebin.com/wtm5WtHm

The Futamod Project is looking for coders and artists. If you want to join as a contributor for the ambitious project or just want to give a thumbs up then post in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RimWorld/
reddit.com/r/RimWorld/wiki/modfaq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As always don't forget to visit our friends over @ reddit.com/r/RimWorld/

Any update on the lewd mod?
please release alpha

Can you sort eggs (fert.) By "alive" and "ruined by temperature"?
So far the only way I found was manually forcing colonists to eat the bad ones.
Also how does the stacking work with eggs? Do they keep their individual values? Or are there coding shenanigans afoot?

/rwg/ is too hostile for that. Sorry, there will be no alphas, only a finished product.

FUTAMOD WHEN

With:
-male & female reproductive organs (womb & balls}, both applicable on the same pawn
-male & female sexual organs (dick & pussy}, both applicable on the same pawn
-necrophilia & nymphomaniac traits, necrophiliacs getting mood boost from harvested organs from zombies / dead pawns
-pawn thoughts from dick sizes in relationship, masochists getting mood boost from it
-craftable reproductive organs, from balls of steel, wooden and iron dildos to bionic vacuum pussies and golden pleasuresticks
-pawns with ascetic and prostophobe trait prefer and enjoy the low-grade solutions while greedy, prostophile and others the high-grade ones
-sculptable nudes, dildos and wooden horses
-new disease called "futa fever" needing regular treatment in every few days - if futa fever is not treated a new minor break called "stalking" will happen - after multiple minor breaks a major break will make the colonist leave to look for futas elsewhere - futa fever may disappear on its own or after being in a relationship with a futa
-futa dick juice with medicinal properties and as a luxury food ingredient (think of incest jelly but hotter) - may cause "futa fever" if taken regularly - may cause minor non-harmful addiction raising consciousness a little when taking in moderation and decreasing it when overdosed (range is from +10% to -10%)
-unarmed melee attack called "futacockslap" which incapacitates the opponent with a very high chance
-growable dickshroom / cockshroom plant which can be refined into aphrodisiac (effects yet to be determined)
-OPTIONAL: dick graphics for pawns when nude

WE ARE LOOKING FOR CODERS AND ARTISTS FOR THE PROJECT
THE CREATIVE STAFF IS FULL BUT IS ALWAYS OPEN TO DISCUSS NEW IDEAS

not your one that one webm where the guy actually had something

let it die

do you like my pet scyther?

quality game siscussion

You are not helping.

Any modpacks for a16 that isnt HCSK? I liked it but the RNG based fuckery isnt fun anymore.

Modpacks are synonymous with unscrupulous thievery. Thankfully, the community is very awake and conscientious in creating licenses and enforcing them.

Is it possible to rename pets?

Yes, but that would be playing God.

What's the reasoning behind being able to change the names of your pawns but not of your pets?

Pets are not sentient beings.

And how does that apply to my question? I'm genuinely unsure about your answer.

>Crashlanding mod
>Hard
>Pods land, try moving colonists into cover
>Reactor lands right on top of them
>OK, Easy, Desert to prevent fire-induced FPS death
>Pods land
>Mine a tunnel, hide colonists there until shit stops falling
>somehow survive, most of the resources are ruined, two new half-dead "survivors"
>fuckload of cobra eggs, some survival meals, sent colonists to gather wood and agave
>10 meals left, about to finish the stove to cook the eggs
>suddenly close to a hundred cobras in my warehouse

FUUUUUG

Humans are baptized with a name and can be re-baptized when changing it.
Pets are ineligible to baptism thus God only knows them by the first name a human gives them. Renaming an animal will make it lose its soul and is downright animal cruelty.

Are there any good sex mods for rimworld?

For one, animals don't have souls. Secondly, my backwards ass tribe of near cavemen on a distant planet have never even heard the word of God, much less come anywhere near a baptism.

Posting about rape mod until user adds rape mod

>Dwarf Fortress /dfg/

It's been over for a long time. The illusion of a barely functional general is upheld by a single shitposter so fixated that he's singlehandedly bumping threads through dead hours. /rwg/ should have gone to sleep weeks ago and I feel sorry for players who find this general in its current state.

Now that's what I call deafeatist shitposting.

What? I still enjoy the fuck out of this game and lurk pretty much every day.

When is the next patch coming?

It better to put a bionic eye in your best shooter, or worst?

I've got one guy who I can always rely on to get things done, & I'm unsure if I'd get too much benefit from giving him the eye.

Get that vile artist out of here.

What are all of the factors that impact the number of trade caravans that visit a colony?

I've had garbage luck with caravans recently.

Does a cut off nose give any penalties? I don't see "smell" on the overview.

Maybe it adds the disfigured modifier?

Got 2 bionic eyes on a 12 shooter guy and he has 100% hit chance with a charge rifle.

Are you using Randy?
Because if you are he can just be a cunt. I've gone 9 years in game without a caravan.

>he doesn't play with climate cycle
baka desu senpai

>using mods
gross.

>climate cycle
>mods
???????

It's FREE content

I feel like making a dirty hippy commune, living in yurts out in the desert and high on smokeleaf 24/7. For sanity's sake I'll have one military guy who spends his time in panic-induced terror at the complete lack of defenses.

What Lovecraft god would go best with this? MiGo? Can I worship those prehistorical shits that fuck around with humans using psychic time travel - Yith, iirc?

Nope, I'm on Cassandra Rough. Gonna have to abandon this colony and start again because I tried to settle in a boreal forest and never had the time or means to secure warm clothes and now people are literally freezing.

My saves are breaking. How do I debug this shit? I really don't want to lose a week long game.

I have a working save file, but if I keep playing it breaks every time and further saves won't load.

What's the error?

Error loading map.

Bretty good, mang.

>Pets are ineligible to baptism thus God only knows them by the first name a human gives them.
I modded animals to have souls and God to respect animals.

I need to Thrumbo for cud

:3

The legs make it look so much less cute than the in-game sprite

Update: I am getting this. The error happened after I did "plastic surgery" in HCSK and cured some scratches and old gunshot wounds that were causing pain. If I'm reading this right, this is an example of FUCKING QUALITY RUSSIAN PROGRAMMING and while removing the pain source (the damaged body part) but not the pain debuff, he left a null reference to the pain source. I'm only really posting this in case it's useful for someone so you know what might break your save games.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.HediffSet.PartOrAnyAncestorHasDirectlyAddedParts (Verse.BodyPartRecord part) [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.Hediff_Injury.get_PainOffset () [0x00000] in :0
at Skynet._HediffSet._CalculatePain (Verse.HediffSet _this) [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.HediffSet.get_PainTotal () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.PawnCapacityUtility.CapacityEfficiencyOffsetFromPain (Verse.HediffSet hediffs, Verse.PawnCapacityDef capacity) [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.PawnCapacityUtility.CalculateEfficiency (Verse.HediffSet diffSet, Verse.PawnCapacityDef capacity) [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.PawnCapacitiesHandler.Notify_CapacityEfficienciesDirty () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.HediffSet.DirtyCache () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.HediffSet.ExposeData () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.CrossRefResolver.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.Root_Play.m__736 () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in :0

Also I actually successfully cured wounds before without breaking my game, so my random guess is that this only happens if you save right after the operation while the pain debuff is still present on the patient, and then reload. It might be possible that if you wait long enough after the operation that the pain is gone, it won't break save games.

so what's the lore of the mechanoids?

I think they were supposed to be used to fight the bugs, or maybe it was the other way around?

>toxic fallout
I didn't expect this to be so overwhelmingly comfy.

I'd be shitting myself if I didn't just get my hydroponics online though.

It's actually not that scary. You can go out just fine and even do farming. Watch the "toxic buildup" disease of your people. Initial/minor is no big deal. It increases during the time they are outside and it decreases while they are inside.
If someone gets to minor or higher restrict them indoors until it's gone.

It can easily last a month or more, so you will want to let them go out occasionally to prevent cabin fever.

The other way around
You don't need hydro, roofed plantations work just fine too.

I don't know then, therefore, aliens

D E D
E
D

Has anyone tried RedistHeat since the update?

Is it normal for the ducts to always be visible? IIRC they were only visible when working on them, but now they're at like 50% opacity at all times.

Can someone please tell me how to disable or remove plague from the game?

AFAIK it's from the medieval mod. You can just edit the save and give immunity to everyone who gets it.

Now I'm getting a second save game corrupting bug with Combat Realism.
I don't think I will recommend HCSK to anyone ever again. I'm spending more time debugging and fixing this garbage than actually playing.

Edit 0% chance on the plague incident definition file.

If you haven't started your game yet, you can edit the scenario and disable the incident.

How effective exactly is using central heating with redist? I remember trying it pre-ducts but it barely worked. Is it viable now with ducts?

They're blueprints silly.

Works for me so far, however cooling seems to be shit according to the forums.

That said, how the hell do you people do hallways in underground bases? They look WAY too wide when they're 3 blocks wide, but with only 2 blocks you can't make the "tiles on both sides, smooth path in the middle" that looks nice.

Our friends made a useful guide.
Should it be included in the OP?
reddit.com/r/RimWorld/wiki/modfaq

We do not racemix with reddit.
Muh traditions.

Mods that add more content to the game?
Gimme all you got p enis.

Who is this friendly fellow?
>-950 to +950

HCSK if you have a VERY high tolerence to game breaking bugs and don't mind reloading earlier save games. It has a ton of great content.

Otherwise make your own pack.

POST YOUR TOILETS

But we are reddit.
Stop the hate.

Also add Medieval and Floored to the list.

O-Okay. Here's one of them.

Fuck me, meant for

Damn you did exactly what I was trying to avoid. I think I'll have to end up building it like that too, because it just takes up too much space making separate toilet stalls.

Maybe if I combine basin + toilet in one bigger stall and just have 1 male 1 female.

Yeah. It's just hard working with limited space.

>all those fucking mutant forests
Do you groids just mass-install shitty mods without ever checking how much they suck?

>my game usually freezes for 4-5 seconds when making a raid or a caravan
>20 good seconds frozen
>A caravan arrived
>this appears

what do you even need all these people for

It's been fun for me user.

>wood walls

AmeriraCISts are not known for being smart.

posting my toilets

>looking over my most recent captures in the last medieval raid
>one of them is a 16 year old girl who had a spear shoved in her hand and sent at us
>the slight pangs of guilt before the inevitable order to harvest all of her profitable organs
Her eyeballs will provide us the means to purchase more steel, I have robots to build and outfit.

>that prison

Wasn't planned out, had a hole and slapped them in it while they were still alive, they could swim in the freezing water to get away I guess? But the game considers it an enclosed room (indoors)

that is fucking baller

>flashstorm

what now

Nothing happens? I've survived like twenty flash storms.

>Update
do you have like 30 firepoppers all over the map or something? even in my elderly vanilia jungle map a single flash storm takes out a bunch of wires connecting my geothermal and it has like 300 alpha beavers just chilling.

>shower and bathtub, side by side
For what purpose? Pretty neat otherwise.

Put down some stone flooring in bottlenecks and shit, this will contain most forest fires.

how the fuck does trap placement like that kill anyone? AI's path around any traps they see

What does that black line like a rip in time and space do

If there's too much fire going around it starts raining.

No, I just have firestops placed around my base and I don't care about the rest of the map.

defence, from you

>a whole army of pimps
How many whores must they own back there at their camp?

shenanigans. they always get stacked as long as the stack isn't full (which is really hard to do since they hatch eventually)

as far as i can tell, all the eggs added to a stack will take on the status of the stack