SUV General

Top 5 Suvs? I'll start.
1. 2nd Gen Nissan Xterra
2. Ford Raptor Hennessy SUV
(pic related)
3. Land Rover Defender (any year)
4. Suzuki Samurai (or any other SUV on that same platform)
5. Toyota FJ 40 or 44

>hennessy anything

OP is a hipster that pretends to like 4x4s.

Your selection gives you away.

My grandparents had a Defender and I fell in love with it.

Here, I'll fix your shitty attempt at a thread and terrible choices.

Top ten production 4x4s, according to actual enthusiasts, in no particular order:
1. Range Rover
2. Land Rover Discovery
3. Land Rover Defender
4. Toyota Land Cruiser
5. Ford Explorer (obviously this is about factory capability, not reliability)
6. Chevrolet Blazer
7. Jeep Cherokee
8. Jeep Grand Cherokee
9. Mercedes G Wagon
10. AM General Hummer

Honorable mention:
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Wagoneer
GM Suburban
GM C/K Series
Ford F Series
Dodge Ram
Toyota 4Runner

Where's the Samurai? I thought it was general consensus that it's a great SUV despite Cuntsumer Asslert's fraudulent report.

It's not that great. It's got a disproportionately large fanbase on Veeky Forums because Veeky Forums boyracers gravitate towards the smallest vehicles they can find.

1. Sequoia
2. Sequoia
3. Sequoia
4. Sequoia
5. Sequoia

>actual enthusiasts
>1. Range Rover
You don't even know how to ride a bicycle or a bus, do you?

May have been before your time, but Range Rovers used to be good.

>Like esubees
>Have crappy Mazda Tribute from 15 years ago
>No money to get something newer cause poorfag.

It hurts.

>blazer, explorer, grand Cherokee
>honorable mention wrangler and 4runner

If you are going to call my list shit and then put Range Rover at the top and not put the 4Runner on there please leave.

>Range Rover at the top
See >in no particular order

The 4Runner is overrated. No one gave a shit about any of the Toyota trucks/SUVs outside the Land Cruiser until the Toyota/Apple fanboyism culture started in the last 10-15 years. While it is horribly overrated, it's still pretty good, which is why it made honorable mention.

1. mercedes w463
2. toyota j70
3. nissan y61*
4. lr defender*
5. toyota j200
6. toyota j150
7. mitsubishi pajero nx
8. range rover
9. land rover discovery
10. uaz 31514/hunter
honorable mention mahindra bolero

kia telluride

/thread

literally this

I thought nissan sucks. Is the xterra an exception?

>can't make the difference between a 4x4 and a SUV

>AMC Sundancer
>Oldsmobile Bravada
>Honda Crossroad
>Renault Koleos
>Hyundai Terracan

1. Land Cruiser 70
2. Land Rover Defender
3. Jeep Wrangler
4. Ford Bronco
5. Lada Niva

Why couldn't "crossovers" be like this instead?

1.) 1st generation Geo Tracker and other Suzuki Clones

There's not a reason for anything else.

If you got rid of the chrome and the gangster rapper wheels and tyres that would actually look pretty decent.

E X C L U S I V E L Y
X .
C.
L.
U.
S.
I.
V.
E.
L.
Y.

>TFW you didn't buy the J100 cuz they pussied out and went with IFS, but 20 years later you've only had to do standard maintenance on your 80

Feels legendary tbqchwyf

> The Tracker was different from most other light SUVs on the market in that it is based on a rugged light-truck chassis and certified as a Light truck. Although it appeared to be a comfortable passenger SUV, it was bolstered by a sturdy off-road 4-wheel-drive system with a conventional light truck engine and transmission coupled to a hi-lo, 2-4 transfer case.

Hmmph. We got them in the UK as Suzuki Vitaras and I always thought they were shitbox lite-SUVs with fairly poor off-road ability, in the style of the RAV4. I always used to see them in poorer neighbourhoods, often with a fatboy bodykit and street tyres.

I had a 94 tracker as teenager. They are garbage stock, the oil pan sits to low and smashes on everything.

If you add a few hockey pucks and 30 inch tires they go anywhere.

Your green text over exaggerated their likeness to a truck highly. Their engines, although robust, aren't used in trucks except until recently where the G16 is being used in the Suzuki APV. Their transmissions, again although robust, are used in SUVs.

They have good off-road capability, but off course putting broad road tires on them, lowering them and turning them into "fat boys" won't help them in anyway.

>Oil pan sits too low

I think you mean that the diff and cross member are totally in the way. Pic related. That is the tail end of the pan and the majority of it is above the diff.

The downside is that the drop the pan, it is quicker and more feasable to drop the diff

Because that's what they are.

Your autism just won't let you see them for what they are, a 4 seater with the meme engine favored stats of their respective ages (wagons = more powah. crossovers = more MPGs) some cargo room in the back and light off-roading ability (you won't be hiking mountans, but a dirt road will be perfectly comfy)

They were always unreliable. The only reason people back them back then is cause nobody made anything remotely similar that was good. Then Toyota came along.... and we know how that went. Now they're grocery getters for rich housewives. You have to be dumb to offroad in a modern range rover.

>Then Toyota came along

>Toyota Land cruiser production: 1951-present
>Range Rover production: 1970-present