/ng/ - Nioh General

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character
You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you
Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough:
dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

>those fucking bats right before the shrine

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is there a way to backtrack through the third mission after you defeat Nue?

I missed a kodama, but the doors shut.

What the fuck did you mean by this? I don't follow.

Why the fuck is there no alphabetic sorting option?

holy shit
you can probably stunlock enemies helpless with this

you can't see the difference?

speaking of

do you have Awakening yet?
i want to see how hard it can murder shit

Just start it anew later and once you find a kodama branch out?

Oh, I was under the impression I couldn't replay. That's easy then, thanks.

I'm still stuck on Onryoki
I only do 20 Dmg per hit to him and he kills me in two hits, not to mention that his attacks are really hard to avoid.
What do?

Best guardian spirit for axe/strength?

paired doge seems to be broken as fuck when combined with shiggy's armour damage bonus

get non-shit weapon off revenants
evade balls in low stance, hit in high
literally just evade around and hit him when he recovers

Is there a point in buying passives for weapon trees you don't use? Do the +Damage, ki and all that work regardless of equipment?

You can dodge almost everything. Get under 30% and keep at it. The hardest move is the big spin because you're liable to dodge backwards right in to one of his balls. You can get him caught in a chain of throwing them at you and occasionally ground pounding after you get through his spin to win phase which is incredibly easy.

Fuse-ushi is the only guardian spirit worth a damn for their Onmyo talisman summon attack so far that i've experienced.

The mouse spirit drops firecrackers around you which explode for fire damage which is pretty cool tho

>one of the first sub-missions
>"Anjin, I lost my family sword in that cave, I'm in big trouble if my father finds out. Please go and get it for me"
>bring his sword back
>"Thank you so much, I can't even imagine facing my father with that news"
>very next sub-mission
>"Anjin, my buffoon of a son just came wailing to me saying he lost our sword again. I need you to retrieve it, again"

I think I'm going to respec. All my points are in heart and skill but I'm only really using 1kat and I feel like some magic and maybe some more health would be more worthwhile. The lightning talismans seem strong.

mizuchi is pretty good too, also makes enemies fall down

Mizuchi is pretty terrific for that attack.

Fuse seems to drain enemies (even big oni like tongue and cyclops) of ki in one cast and generally applies the earth debuff in one cast as well, sometimes 2.

combine that with shot talismans of a different element or an elemental weapon and you have yin/yang on demand.

How the fuck did you bro's tackle batgirl? Breezed trough the first two levels, was a decent level 12, untill i met that bitch. My god, i leveled up to 20 and she's still kicking my ass. I'll probabky be able to get her around 23-24 i think. Any tips?

Stop using that ugly set.

low stance spear

i'm not gonna refashion my gear every time i find an upgrade

O-oh

Is there a way to travel back to the kyushu map from Chugoku?

Gonna piss me off if I cant go back later...

don't use the upgrade then

not like you can't do the game naked

So i have two identical swords - one lvl30 and the other lvl 31. Leveling the first to lvl42 costs 660k, leveling the second - 38k. What's the deal?
lvl30 I have upgraded several times before, lvl 31 is a new drop. Is that the reason?

There's a world map button, look at the legend

yes, there will be a region map option

Her moves are pretty predictable eventually, she's pretty hard though. I couldn't break her ki at all but I watched someone else do it in an instant, no idea how.

>don't use effective gear because i don't like way you look when playing in single player

Oh god, how did I not see that...
Thank you for kindly helping a retard user.

Okay champ

What enhancements does the first have? has it been soul matched before?

Keep your distance and bait her swoop attack, then wen she's on the ground just bait her spinning kick attack.

ezpz

I really want to fuku Fuku...

Some of you guys are alright.

Don't go to the dojo tomorrow.

This game is so good it's almost unethical. Shame on you, Team Ninja.

I've asked this three times now, but IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET DIVINE SET ITEMS?!?!?!!?

>has it been soul matched before?
Yeah, lvl 30 has been matched a couple times. Lvl 31 has not. Does the cost increase every time? I didn't really pay attention as long as I could afford it.

YES

I answered in the previous thread. Almost all items in the game can be divine

Yeah, my bad. Just too sleepy atm.
That's a pretty fast fcr I see.

is there a way to MAKE an item divine or do i have to grind bosses and missions to get divine stuff?

It's either that or the purple buff, maybe both
I was the one that posted That one has been soul forged before as well, also has 2 blues and a yellow.

It's your choice retards, my word isn't law. It should be though so you would stop wearing ugly shit.

>walk into boss arena
>some sort of laser one shots me for like 2k damage
what the fuck

git gud

>stop wearing ugly gear in your single player adventure

why?

If you have a weapon with an innate element, there's no need for buffs unless you're so weak you need the discord debuff to kill stuff.

>user acts tough
>back pedals immediately
Introduction of pvp will be the absolute worst thing for this game

Was it Umi-Bozu?
I thought it was a really cute looking boss.

Boss is pretty easy once you light the 3 fires.

No way to create divine items, you need to grind bosses and missions. The fragments you get by disassembling divine items are only for divine reforging (higher chance of blue/yellow effects).

Divine accessories are a cancer to grind because you can't reforge stats on them.

>boss literally needs one more hit to die
>I die from a dumb mistake

yea that one, I did light the three fires, I have no idea what attack got me though

Because I think it's ugly. If you wear it then stop posting pictures of yourself wearing it. The equivalent of a khv in his basement posting pictures of himself wearing socks with sandals. Also sorry I thought this was /v/.

I acted tough cause I told you to stop using something? Jesus you're limp.

I don't think I'll pvp by the way, but as long as it's not invasions you can't avoid I don't see how it would be a bad thing for the multiplayer?

Weapon abilities are the thing that ramps the cost up, and of course the weapon with purple buff costs a fortune to soul match

Anjin-san, how does your guardian spirit lets you have 3 katanas?

The first thing pvpers will do is bitch, loudly, about balance and figure out a meta everyone "has to" follow. The bitching will probably be loud enough that it'll directly effect pve, which ll be great since it's the one thing they won't despite it being 99% of the game then.

where to get spider fragment III and V?

Even considering bringing pvp to Nioh was a mistake

Trophy for "Master of Chaos"

Description "Confused and enemy for the first time"

...I'm confused on how I even did this shit...

you yin/yang'd them

put two different element debuffs on enemy

It will be a bad thing because whiny pvpers will constantly cry for "nerf this" or "buff that"

Pvp faggots ruin every game

Better yet, how the fuck can he even possess 20 spirits when others are limited to only 1(one)

maybe he's a slut in spirit

Agreed. PvP is cancer and they should focus on a great single player experience instead.

I love the little things that make this game.

>tfw you can walk through the fire if you get yourself wet

I think it's fine but it better be a separate thing. I just want to enjoy the game without some faggot invading me with some meta meme setup.

What little talk there was pointed to an arena. Won't prevent bitching

Not sure but it popped up when I was searching for a gift with that woman who has the lighting sword.

She was attacking an enemy and I threw a paralysis shuriken at him.

Is there a way to remove the element of one weapon onto another?

I have an Earth kat but I use an axe.

It's not even the biggest problem desu, worse is how everything is going to get nerfed to shit, and that's in the game which isn't afraid to cheese you back

Speaking of Trophies, what are the hardest ones? I want to know what in getting in to.

I feel like my stats are all fucky cause I'm trying to get the minimums to use all different armors.

mission completion probably. The proficiency ones scream tedious

I can't get over how fucking big William's chin is.

jealous, chinlet?

>16 spirit
You are weak. 25 is when you should stop dumping

>no magic or dexterity
boring/10

I haven't gotten a spirit that needed that much to unlock anything yet. And nothing that scales with it.

Yeah, magic and dex are boring, I agree.

>35 fucking heart
>no magic or ninjutsu
souls player/10 respec anytime

No.

Fuckin' FINALLY.

N-NO!

>your a souls player if you don't throw around useless shuriken or stupid pills that enemies don't stand in long enough for shit to happen

Question, does magic stat scale with talisman/amulets?

It's almost like I'm telling you what end game spirits need. There's no reason to care after 25

Gomenasai, my name is William-Sama.

I’m a 36 year old English Anjin (Navigator for you gaijins). I plot courses on my charts, and spend my days perfecting my map-reading and playing superior Nipponese games. (Hanafuda, Mahjong, Janken)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my scroll of sword mastery two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Nipponese fluently, both Kanji and the Kyushu dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Nipponese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Nipponese Red Seal, I am moving to Edo to attend a prestigious Academy to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a vassal to the Shogun or a merchant!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Nippon, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Nipponese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Zipangu!

>useless shuriken
>buffs for every situation (anti paralysis for demon lady, fire projectiles/buffs for Umi-bozu, lighting resistance up for Nue
>group destroyers like mega bomb or Summon Guardian
>'''''''''''''''useless'''''''''''''''

this is where you say something about how it's a crutch for bad players instead of just playing effectively with the toolset.

Whata is the point of medium armor? Light gives you better dodging and ki regen, while heavy actually lets you block abd take hits. Medium is just for being mediocre at everything.

to anyone whose played this level, how the fuck do i get over there?

>memeshiggy dominator
Sounds gay af
>utility is for faggots
souls player: the post

I don't think Light / Medium / Heavy have set bonuses, if you have enough stamina you could rock medium under 30%