Best new car I can get automatic under $17k

Best new car I can get automatic under $17k

It would be for daily driving not racing and grocery / light shopping trips.

I have a f150 I can borrow anytime to haul stuff.

>Cause used at most dealerships doesn't save me enough money. If you have an idea of good deals at dealership used sections let me know.

>I like having the idea of "well this is fucking up, dealership has to fix it"

>The more money spent is less time I have to spend wrenching.

Main cheapish options

>Yaris IA
>Versa Sedan
>Ford Fiesta

>>Versa Sedan
avoid this thing like the fucking plague. The Yaris iA and Fiesta are all better options. If you seriously consider the Versa, you should be castrated to ensure you don't breed.

>more money I spend, less I have to wrench
You know you don't have to fix your own car right? Just take it to a mechanic.

>I like having the idea of "well this is fucking up, dealership has to fix it"
So you you have no emergency fund. Good to know.

Are you trying to finance or paying cash?

You can get a 2015 Ford Fiesta for about $8k at a dealership where I live with

DO NOT GET A FIESTA IN AUTOMATIC.

The DCT is complete shit. Look it up, it's terrible.

Manual is OK, but the DCT is a lemon of a tranny through and through.

Didn't 2015 have a terrible DCT/CVT system?

If not that's not a bad deal at all for a grocery getting gas sipper.
Needing an emergency fund for car repairs when you can pay ~$60 a month extra for less worry.

I'd rather avoid the versa.

Yep now that I look more into that. It still uses a DCT. Shit.

Is there no option to avoid those in the cheaper market?

I'd like a mazda 3 but it's over $5k higher for any real options.

Honda Fit

oh shit thanks user I didn't even know about that..
disregard the Fiesta then, no wonder it's so cheap

It has a CVT and is over 18k for the cvt model.

18k for a honda fit?

>paying ~$60 a month when you could be putting it in an emergency fund

Buy a civic for 3k.

15 year old civic. Nah

>buy 3k civic
>spend $500 on it yearly on average
In 5 years you're into it for

not op
how much
>2015 ford focus se hatch
>6 speed automatic with powershift? does powershift mean dual clutch stuff?
>44k miles
>2l 4cylinder

I am trying to buy used certified preowned stuff and finding a good deal are there any particular models and makes that are better values for used?

Get a manual or don't bother.

speed automatic with powershift? does powershift mean dual clutch stuff?

Yes.

Same issue as fiesta, do not buy.

>tfw Fiesta ST for 15k out the door

why buy a poverty shitbox in manual?

Damn

are there any used cars that did not come with the crappy automatics and just the normal 6 speed auto? why did they move to these bad ones

>why did they move to these bad ones

Fuel efficiently.

And afaik, the fusions came with normal torque converter autos, but the focus's and fiestas got DCT for all years after 2011.

The only positive thing is that you can get a used manual focus or fiesta for dirt cheap now and not have any problems.

Why buy a poverty shitbox in automatic?

cause I don't drive a point a - b car with the idea I have any real power or need for manual

the automatic in the fiesta and the focus is fucking horrible. Just go Edmund and every negative review will mention problems with the transmission.

Mirage

>best mpg by far(not even close)
>cheapest to Versa
>10yr headache free warranty

literally a steal

Literally any Hyundai Accent, Elantra, Veloster or Tucson is in your budget.

Go to the Hyundai dealer and ask if any 2016 stock is available.

Done.

3 cylinders
Can it even compete with a moped?

I forgot hyundai as a car manufacturer.
I really like the look of the elantra sedan and hatchback.

Found one at 35k miles for ~11k at one dealership. Time to shop around dealers but this may be the winner.

Korean cars are shit. Even a civic for 3k is better.

I enjoyed my buddies rio. It does what it needs to do. Gets up to highway speeds and great gas mileage.

Would you buy a shitty vizio tv instead of a Samsung or lg or Sony? Or Walmart clothes instead of nicer ones? That's the Korean car equivalent

Would I wear a tailored suit to dig a ditch?

Would I need a samsung to watch bob's burgers?

Alrighty boys here's the final line up.

Hyundai elantra/accent hatchback
Kia Rio/Forte hatchback
If I can get a good price mazda 3 2015-2016 hatchback

Mazda seems best but priciest for what it does and specs.

Kia seems best price/performance

Hyundai is a blend

>I want to waste money
>I'm not an enthusiast
Why are you here? We don't give a shit which shitbox you buy.

Chevy Sonic. Basic LS models can be found for less than 10k. Spend a little more and you get a turbo engine. Great MPG too.

Under 10k for 2015 models? With low mileage I can get behind that kind of power/size

I'll surely look into buying a shitbox miata or mr2 so I can wrap myself around a tree when I have more disposable income.

I'm here because the Veeky Forums chart is broken and I don't want a 10+ year old car.

>Under 10k for 2015 models?
I got my 2016 Sonic LTZ (top of the line trim with leather seats and shit) with the Turbo 1.4L engine and 30k miles on it as a certified pre-owned for 11k. Great car for the money.

Don't they punch holes through pistons if turbo?
Drum brakes on 2017 car...

Mazda 3 is gud, idk about auto tranny tho. Infotainment is a bit slow too desu.

Yeah the drum brakes are a bit of a let down. I don't recall hearing anybody getting fucked by the turbo. The car comes from the factory with a turbo limiter and it isn't that big anyways. If you do seriously consider the car and want to get more performance out of it there are tunes you can do that get the HP to like 160.

Why are you so afraid of an older car? You wouldn't be missing anything and it'd save you money long term

100% honestly because I have had to self wrench and drive my 95 truck for over 12 years now. I have never owned another vehicle and I want it to be something newer. Much newer.

Seen a vid a while ago but can't find source, maybe I'm dumb

I have a 14' elantra, it's been a good car to me. No issues and still under warranty for another 3 years.

>a shitty vizio

A bit off topic but I don't get it, is Vizio bad? i own a 24 inch vizio TV and i fucking love it. it is unbelievably weightless and after owning it for 5 years i don't see the problem. Samsung however, i did own a larger TV from them and it gave me Ferrari reliability. Sony seems to have almost vanished in the consumer electronics market compared to the 90s and early 2000s. i remember when people had sony everything and now i personally don't see a lot of sony products besides playstation and occasional camera.

don't see a lot of sony (owned) products i mean.

There is a shitton of cars that can be had for new or gently used for $17k. Go test drive a bunch of shit and see what you like. I was looking for a cheap commuter and ended up with a 500 and it was great, no issues and was $13k brand new with all the bullshit bells and whistles.

Hyundais and Kias are fine. The people screaming "B-But KOREA!" are fucking idiots who don't know what they're talking about. The cars are mostly cheap commuters with a big warranty and they run fine as long as you're not an idiot who ignores regular maintenance. The same can be said for most cars. If you're tall, avoid the Mirage, Sonic, Spark or any of that horseshit, you won't be comfortable. The Fiesta I drove a couple years ago was a brand new fucking rattletrap. Horrible piece of shit.

>$17k
nigga you can't afford new. pick up used yaris. the fiesta and versa are unreliable shitheaps.

Useless
I'm not tall >TFW 5'9 manlet
Are the newer DCT/CVVT all gonna be trash? The main cars I can buy without that are mazda or hyundai. Unless some of these cheverolet cars are six speed auto.

bump

I have a hyundai excel with 300,000 plus kilometres that starts every time, even after months. The gearbox is indestructible too.

Hyundai is comparable to toyota nowadays too, some of their cars are really even nicer.

Impreza? The mazda is nicer and more powerful, but maybe youll find a cheaper impreza?

>awd skids

That's not necessarily true anymore it's been fixed

Get a used v6 accord. It'll still be at least 15 years newer than your truck. Why pay 17k for a shitty econobox?

Cause i'm afraid of buying a lemon.