Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6IFM4HnGB8c
youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-jnLTC_NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not posting best gg

haha done with exams, time to go home and play some for honor open beta !

Leave Daigo to me.

vote gooberhose

I hope you aren't getting left behind today, user...

Success breeds jealousy

Remember to give trips all your attention this thread too ^_~

It was moved to next year because they needed more time. It's supposed to be in January.

why are all the trips from Europe?

Other trips and most good players left this place long ago

Im still here.

t. gold ranked necalli player

imagine being so desperate for attention that you use a name on an anonymous image board

>february 2017
>not watching daigo

So, can you confirm with just 2 lights in sf5 or not?

yes

Yes

Can you?

Of course, I can't believe there were actually people here who doubted it.

Post 30 s of confirms on the dummy on random block

who is the most anime character in SFV?

who wants to sleep together at evo? i can be your big spoon :3

What char and combo?

If you mean dumb 50/50s to death Urien, Balrog, Laura.

i don't swing that way but I am flattered and appreciate the offer

character: any
combo: 2 lights into a special

>you cant confirm off two lights
>I visit a dedicated fighting game general and dont feel comfortable with charge moves
>I cant make it out of bronze but let me run my mouth about this and any other game I havent even touched

Dunno man, was this place always this shit.
Guess it was.

I had to ask because last time that question was up, it got an insane amount of people who got it wrong

>never promoted outside Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=6IFM4HnGB8c

Rikuo for MvCI

>for honor has high/low blocking
>resets
>frame traps
>command throws
>unblockables
>guard break
I guess it really is a fighting game. For Honor for evo 2018

ibuki

>not the superior one
youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-jnLTC_NE

Does not mean there are communities for Tekken.
I live in a country where Tekken used to be easily the biggest.
Nowadays literally no one plays Tekken.
Hopefully it will change with 7. hopefully

Wow, that was very hard.

I do it with Ryu, Cammy, Guile and Ibuki all the time. Or pretty much with any character where I have no idea what his proper combos are.
How would you even play sf4 Ken if you can't confirm jab jab srk.

Urien, Akuma, Balrog, Laura, Cammy, Guile

Coincidentally, there's your top 5.

that wasn't 30 seconds

How do I capitalize off of a knockdown as Chipp? I know about Genrouzan, but try not to abuse it due to the risky nature and most opponents figuring out they can DP out of it after 1 or 2 successes with it.
Is a meaty Dust attack a good option?

So when is the thing?

Smileyface

No shit? How many years old is TTT2?

Why do fighting tournaments always sit opposing players right next to each other? It's so incredibly awkward for so many reasons and literally no other esport in the world does this. You'd think they would have figured out a system where this doesn't need to happen anymore.

Is this guy a furry? He likes Tekken and uses a dog/lion motif.
5. Has there even been a new 3d fighting game for this gen yet? All I know of is the PS4 port of DoA5 LR

Ken blocking the first and getting hit by the second light means thst you linked instead of chaining and missed the link?

Yeah fuck social interaction please let me sit in an autism booth with my Turtle Beachâ„¢ headset and blinders on

The argument was that Tekken is biggest in europe, which it isnt.

No, it means the dummy is on random block.

That requires twice as many stations for little benefit.

If you havent noticed with other games you require multiple machines and screens to cover all players, in fighters all the action happens on one screen.

Big tournaments and Japanese events have people sitting opposite one another. Why do you hate being next to people, though? You can easily judge their inputs this way.
Never been to a Japanese arcade? That's basically how their cabs are set up. You don't even see what your opponent looks like half of the time.

>implying trashtalk isn't a essential part of mindgames

He shouldn't be able to come out of block stun and get hit, did they change this from sf4?

>fuck social interaction

Where was any of this implied? How could you possibly get "fuck social interaction" from someone complaining about opposing players being forced to sit shoulder to shoulder to one another for 5 minutes during their match?

What's the biggest fighting game in Europe, then? I know arcsys is popular in some parts of Europe, France likes KoF, and two of my Dutch friends like DoA, but I'm really not sure. Still Street Fighter?

why are you so stupid

don't feed him

sf

that was a nice stage

That would only be the case if it was a true blockstring. Not every light string was one in that game either. cr.lk s.lp is not a true string, you can mash in between since there is a 2 frame gap.

You can't chain that cr.lk into st.lp, so it has to be linked. In this case it won't keep the opponent in blockstun, so the bot can block the first hit and get hit by the second. If you were to do cr.lk - cr.lp, then you could chain and the bot wouldn't come out of blockstun.

Why does it matter? Just beat them or don't. Whatever.

But he did, though?

if every combo in sfv was a chain instead of a link, and all your damage came from just chaining light medium hard magic series into a special, would people say it's as great as darkstalkers?

Then that dude used a confirm that gives more time than the usual 2 lights chained?

I don't want to sit right next to some stinky sweaty hairy fat guy with BO just to play. I wouldn't mind if people actually washed, but half of the time, they just don't.

Alex vs Dictator is so fucking bad for Alex

Dictator flat-out cannot be hit by some moves in specific situations that are universal to all other characters and Alex can't deal with the pressure or anti-air in the trajectories Dictator comes down at.

I started playing sfv a month or two ago, my first fighting game, at least that i took seriously. Played some third strike yesterday with a friend who didn't want to shell out for five and it's so much better it's insane. Coherent visual style and music. Snappy gameplay. Ken doesn't look like he has fetal alcohol syndrome. How on earth does a series go from that to sfv? I'm enjoying sfv because i'm really getting into fighting games, but i didn't realise that until yesterday.

There's not that much of a difference

They could literally put SFV models over Darkstalkers characters in their engine and people would still claim that SFV is shit and Darkstalkers is the best game ever made.
All of that while not playing Darkstalkers of course.

3S is immeasurably worse than every other SF game

Not that guy, but I can confirm 2 linked lights too, but I usually miss 2 chained atks

no because darkstalkers 3 actually has things like defensive mechanics and mobility options

sfv is like a neutered version of ds2 which was more like super turbo

lmao

Dunno which game you play, but in SFV Alex can pretty much EX Air Knee Raid all headstomp shit or jump back HK or neutral jump jab.

Chariot is immeasurably worse than every other fgg trip

What? That has nothing to do with it. cr.lp has 2 more frames to the motion so it probably comes down to the exact same thing even with chaining. I could the same thing with two cr.lp for any character, but I'm not gonna make another webm of something as basic as this.

Jesus christ you people.

Counterpoints: dank, void

Well I fucking hate links, so I'd give that a shot, at the very least.

typical 09'er opinion.

anyone who played 3rd strike hates it

if those are the only trips you're not immeasurably worse than, you need to reconsider some things about your life

Thanks for reminding me of that German alcoholic

I'm a 17er my friend. Never played IV.

reacting to counter hits is impossible unless you are actively trying to get one and are ready for it

I'd rather have void than you any time

Why is this? How long does it take for the magic of 3S to wear off? What makes SFV better besides its balance?

not in S2, loses or trades unfavorably all the time now

Yeah, but thats how all confirms work.

you manufacture situations where you get them consistently and practice confirming off them in that scenario in training.

That's a lie and you know it

/fgg/ is full of dumb 09'ers
fuck off, the fgc is FULL

Balance is already a big factor because it means that you will run into more than three characters.

Unless you enjoy a roster thats mostly garbage.

And by all means if you want to play a game that turns absolutely every single thing into a guess thanks to parries then go ahead. Waste your time with it.

Whens Karin/Kolin?

I wish birdie was a tough chick instead of a fatty fat guy. Or had a good costume.

And how is SFV not a waste of time?

Chained is harder

For honor beta is live, there is no reason you shouldn't be playing this. All your street street fundamentals (V babies need not apply) will transfer over.

You actually get to play with real people.

>reacting is impossible unless you use your brain
thanks doc

sfv isn't better, 3s is just a bad game that's fun to play.

chinger changer

Give me some cool Fighting game related doggo-names.
Have to be vague so my gf doesnt realize its from a video game.

NO ANIMENAMES