/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Slow game edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>Recent Attorney Online updates
- AO2 is still in development. For more information and downloads check: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Server was recently split into normal AOV and Crossover Court. Find out more information by going to the main AOV doc, and then the Crossover Court link.

>Recent Ace Attorney news
- New DGS 2 trailer: [YouTube] [Subbed!] Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 - January 2017 Trailer (embed)
- DGS English Fan Translation demo is out. More information here: forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32422
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives
docs.google.com/document/d/1B0x_NHJJSKm_feezzkfWCsQ3unTAI-JTXJSlQ8K0P80/edit
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I completely fucked that up.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

DUD HOPP LMO

I'll post again incase anyone missed it

There's now a "Wanted Board" in the main doc, like a bounty board.
Submit any suggestions to the modification of existing content that you cannot personally fix yourself, as well as the inclusion of AA content that has not been added yet. An example would be calling attention to errors with a character’s animation, music that may not loop properly, or missing characters and emotes.

docs.google.com/document/d/1B0x_NHJJSKm_feezzkfWCsQ3unTAI-JTXJSlQ8K0P80/edit

I just want to steno. I feel retarded in other positions.

"with some deliberation, I've decided to make the Archive Initiative a shared google drive folder where streamers can upload case recordings. The folder itself can be accessed by anyone with the link, while creators can get authorized to add to it. Since the videos will be directly uploaded, there will be the benefit of no contentID-based hassles like muting or region restriction, and most streamers will continue to upload their content on their regular avenues

The long link is drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc
Please add it to future OPs"
t. LawfulDickish

I stopped Attorney-ing roughly a couple weeks after Investigations became the new gimmick hotness, what have I missed since then?

Absolutely nothing. People constantly being miserable at each other. Backseat defense/prosecution. Holmes is a mistake. Meme testimonies which draws game to 10 hours and when you criticize it people whine saying its just a joke brah.

So business as normal.

Spongebob

>Whenever Kay is in a case.

I miss frogpollo

Did we get anything cool while I was gone? Last thing sprited was Le Balloon Tit Girl when I bailed

Adachi is pure, don't bully

I remember this.

>i ran upstairs to not witness the crime
>if the defense is wrong penalize payne because i dont like him
>klavier comes in at the end to testify how his brother is mentally retarded and comitted the crime

>Pushed in DR cancer that he personally created
>Pushed in FE cancer that he personally created
>Circlejerked for months over one case
>Consistently had the worst opinions about animation but tried to hold the higher ground because muh art school
>Became the biggest advocate for Cancer Court
>Quit mid-case multiple times to join a cancer court case

I don't.

Don't forget him being one of the worst people to have as a witness or co/supp def.

Get ready for the circleclique to mob you.

>Names has an awful case and everyone mocks him for months

>Names has a GOAT-tier nitekrew case and nobody even knows it exists.

Is there a namefag more PUNISHED than him?

Fuck off, Names.

What is her endgame?

To shitpost

>Has an awful case
This implies a singular case. Names had many fucking awful cases, that's why everyone shits on them.

>People are so autistic that they shit on one person for having bad cases like it's an anomaly.

Then why doesn't everyone have a creepy stalker fan club?

Gato
Liquid

Nobody shitposts them like Names is shitposted. Try again.

Because it's a shitty fucking meme newfags use to fit in. Same reason the "opinion" on The Turnabout changed. You have newfags who weren't there for any of this shit trying to fit in and force their shit as the GOAT. You can observe this in literally any online community. Look at /v/ - unironic Halo nostalgia threads, people shitting on great games for "aging like milk".

It's just newfags filtering in, replacing oldfags, and then trying to fit in while changing any "concensus" the community has to make it look like they didn't miss out or that everything was shit before they showed up. Most of these guys have literally never even met Names at this point, most likely.

Filename

any streams?

I can stream later when a new case starts

You could stream the case in a2, it's still early on.

make sure to link when you do i'd love to watch a stream.

im actually working on stuff right now so that's why I said later
Sure thing

This feels somehow lazier...

They're never mentioned in the thread. Mentioning Gato is a dumb meme.

>lazier...
Lazier than this shit I'm posting? Are you serious?

the outlines are still pixely

True... I'll try and make it more smooth.

i'm gonna have to disagree with that user.
What you have is a common things i wouldn't even call it a problem that is prevelant in sprites with thick outlines.
For a sprite when you want to create roundness/depth you have to stack pixel upon pixel when you zoom in you will always see jagged edges.
This will always be prevelant with sprites with thick dark outlines like yours.

Well I tried to clean it up a little regardless.

is this an AGDQ reference?

No, it's a wrasslin case gone wrong.

Can we have a /v/ thread soon? I'd like to get the blood of this game flowing at a rate faster than diabetic.

Fuck off Lupa
the /v/ threads never do anything, and the population is fine
Trying to force it to expand just draws in cancer

>when a witness masterminds a case so hard the support defense salts for hours afterwards

helps that it was a faggot marsh player

>The prosecution is still salty about it

>Witness eventually feels shitty about it because there wasn't an actual contra

>Defense fucks up on their last chance that everyone agreed to
>All the energy peters out to the point where the support defense is shitposting about Jack Daniels
>They confess and shit all over everyone for the defense must win moral quagmire they jumped into
>Everyone cries and keeps interrupting
>Nobody can barely muster up a defense that isn't "M-M-MUH TRUFF"
>Witness having hearty keks at the support defense being a salty bitch about muh real life arguments

gee i wonder why they didn't explain shit to you

>Prefers lies to truth
I bet you politicspost in vidya threads, too.

>The ends justify the means

Atrocities are okay as long as it's all good at the end.

Couldnt you say that for the witness too?
Since they didnt have a contra and all.

Witnesses and Prosecutions attempting to "win" is what drove me away from this game the first time, I think it'll drive me away again this time if it becomes standard.

Bye, Names.

>If the witnesses don't tell my incompetent ass what the contradiction is, they don't have one

you got your "truth" by being unable to keep your word and accept your fuck ups. i watched that case, the defense literally fell on their faces at the starting line and started theorizing without even trying to find a contra.

If you stuck around, you would've seen the witness literally admit to everyone post-case that they simply didn't have a contradiction.

igiari

they said "they had no idea what they were doing"

going full improv doesn't mean you don't have a contradiction

fuck off already marsh

Just because you're physically incapable of admitting that I'm right doesn't mean that your argument has any weight.
Pay attention next time.

If they had one then point it out.
I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if there is one

What's the maximum amount of emotes I can shove into a character?

Technically infinite.
But you can only have 20 buttons for emotes

>counterargument is just "I-I-I'm right!"
>everyone but you in the case admitted that Athena won the case and was right

lmao you are sooo saaaaaaalty

Pic related, now go be BTFO somewhere else

And Mia pointed that out. Damage emote, Mia attempts to continue, and she's stopped by sudden smug confession after the court calls bullshit.