New 2017 Tacoma

Sup br/o/s
About to purchase my first new vehicle. Would like some advice to see if a dealer is ripping me off or not.

>MSRP is $38,463
>Dealer asking for $36,900
>Gonna trade in a 2011 RAV4 Limited with 51,600 miles
>kelly blue book value says it's worth between $12,100 - $13,900
>dealer offers me $12,500 for the trade in

You guys think it's a good deal? Or should I take my money and go?

That trucks gay get a chevy

Frontier. Use the rest to make it a beast or save it.

He wants a reliable truck

Yes that's why I recommend it.

No

Nice apple notepad "reliability chart"

Google it

Ah yes, that internet list that's been going around without any source. I'm convinced.

Ok then.
Stay ignorant

>$41k for a 250hp compact truck

Ugh, Dunno. That gets you a pretty nice full sized diesel GM.

Nissan's have engine tick from the factory. They cost as much as a Toyota and have shit resale.

>spend over 40k after taxes on a truck
>V6
>less than 300hp

What would you recommend?
>want manual
>nothing low 'cause I'm a big guy so no sportscar
>nothing to big because muh gas
>reliable
Only Toyota comes to mind

>cvt
>push to start
>various sensors
>all fail

hahahahahah all the things i hate MOST about modern cars. fucking faggots deserve it. sorry i really hate nissans

Yup. Nissan is know to cheap out on electronics. Their history of it goes back to their very first car

Looks like they're charging you invoice for the Tacoma. Don't know what your market is like but my dealership sells every 2017 Tacoma except TRD Pro's for $2,000 below invoice to internet shoppers.

If you want the best deal, go to the dealership website and find the truck, click "Get E-Price" or whatever they say, and put in your email. If they don't have that, go to buyatoyota dot com and fill things out till you can select the dealership, then select the one you're looking for.

Don't pay anything other than at least $1,000 below invoice for a Tacoma. That is, unless your market is the complete fucking opposite of mine.

Use true car to find out

OR Sell the shitbox RAV4 and spend 20-30K on a built truck that'll last you 300K miles. I was looking at the new taco's but decided I'd rather spend 20K on a built diesel that'll do everything and more ill ever need it to do, and be 20K cheaper.

Depends heavily on the area. I live in a military town where every year 6K people flux in and out every 9 months with 30-50K sitting in their bank accounts for new cars. I tried going in and haggling on a 16 tundra and pretty much told to fuck off since I wouldn't pay their sticker pricing.

>caring about fuel economy
>buying a truck
you know that's an oxymoron right? you could get a loaded used f150 king ranch or platinum with the v8 for

>king ranch
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK those seats

I live next to WPAFB. Maybe it's because there are like 5 Toyota dealers in 50 miles?

My silverado got 13mpg, my tacoma gets 23mpg. Sure fucking helps when i drive long distance.

People dont buy trucks expecting prius mpgs, but they dont want terrible either.

>not liking brown leather
kill yourself.

Get an F150 and stop being a colossal faggot.

That'll do it. Was helping a friend get an econobox honda and the salesman up and walked away and left us when we told him a dealer 100 miles away had the same car for 4 grand less. Told us and I quote "Well maybe you guys should go for a drive then" I'm not the only one who's had similar interactions like that when trying to talk money,

Its raw leather. Its fucked the second a droplet of water touches it.
>t. Autodetailer
Fuck that shit

Get a 350 or go home.

Okay yeah, we have close to 10 Toyota dealers within 100 miles and like 5-7 of them within 60 miles

I know competition brings down prices but fuck, man. Seems crazy to me.

A lazy v8 at cruising at 70mph will return at least high teens or 20mpg.

2 mpg average is not worth the decrease in power and capability.

Is this good or bad

bad. can you even afford it? are you putting at least 20% down? do you even know your credit score? can you pay it off in 3 years?

Real world though, i babied my silverado and got 14 at best. I dogged the toyota at 90mph for 500 miles and still got 23.

Lets be honest here, most people who own a truck wont be pulling a lot, and an f150 and a tacoma will move whatever you throw in the bed. Tacoma is just the sensible buy if you arent always towing something.

Why don't you get a Colorado diesel if you do a lot of highway miles?

For that price, looks very good. But what said; can you afford it? You dont have to pay it off in 3 years. My truck is out on a 75 month loan; but 2% apr, low ass monthly payments dont bother me. Especially considering ill keep this truck for 15+ years.

Cause GM sucks. I learned that the hard way.

>can you even afford it?
Probably. I hope. If my payments are under 500 I should be a ok.
>at least 20% down?
Between the trade in and some cash I got yes
>credit score?
760~ish
>pay it off in 3 years?
My credit union pre approved me for 34k
60 months @ 2.875
84 months @3+

I think the dealer said they might give me 2.6%

If that's your market, then good I guess. God awful rape for my market though.

Ignore this faggot even though he's not totally wrong. As long as you can afford the payment and the interest rate isn't sky high, get it.

2.6% wouldn't be bad. Credit unions around here can get a little lower on Tacoma's and a few people have gotten 1.9%. shop around more if you can for a better APR

You shouldn't go any longer than 60 months.

Why

Hyundai is one of the most reliable.

If you wanted to troll you could've put jaguar- which used to be bad. Now they're good.

Don't finance longer than 5 years you can't afford it

Nissan and Infiniti are shit brands aimed at certain people.

>aimed at certain people.
Niggers right?

>hyundai reliable
Where you gettin your news from shill?

All new Toyota tacomas tick from the factory, even the 4 cylinder. I think it's because of their new injectors and poor sound deadening.

My 1995 t100 gets 21 wasy paid 2k for it. Drives fine. Plus I can push my front door open in walmart parking lots as hard as I can and not give a flying fuck.

I drove a TRD Pro a couple weeks ago. Holy shit that thing is slow. I wasn't expecting it to be a sports car, but I had my pedal to the floor and it was just crawling.

>actually paying $40k for a fucking manual

Dude that's just a meme. If it's not a track toy or a race car don't get a fucking manual. There's a reason automatics are so shockingly wide-spread now -- it's because they are fine, and so much more comfortable and usable. A Toyota automatic will last you 250k miles easily.

This is the equivalent of buying a carbureted engine over fuel injection because of a fucking Veeky Forums meme. Just save yourself the hassle. Technology progresses for a specific reason: to make your life easier.

>hyundai
>reliable

easy way to spot a certified retard.

You can get a diesel Doge with a stick. Get an eco tune and don't be a pussy.

because longer terms only exist to get people into cars and loans they can't afford.

Dude; why are you buying shit? Chevy, Ford, and even Dodge, blow these rice burners out of the fukin' pond.
SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!

Nice argument.
Now let the adults talk

This guy gets it

I dunno... this kid has had 5 Chevys and 1 F series and NEVER had a problem with'em.
I'm talking work trucks

>nothing low cause im a big guy

shit nigger i bet you aren't even as big as i am and i fit in a civic and a sonic for shit sake

320lbs 6 foot 4

and unless you ACTUALLY and i mean actually need a truck you should just get a civic and shut the fuck up

t. honda shill

the civic is clearly the superior option and affordable too

You should see about getting one without the Entune system. They're unreliable, overpriced, navigation software is from 2015 from the factory and you have to pay for updates. Not to mention the apps (pandora, iheart, slacker, etc.) are useless and you can spend $200 or less on an aftermarket unit with more useable features.

Source: >an Entune Tech

Thats tundra money, kid. Enjoy the grocery getter

Get an auto man. Don't fall for the stupid manual meme.
Otherwise seems good.