/elyg/ - Elysium but also Anathema PvP server general!!!!!

>What is this?
This is the Elysium general. A private server for vanilla World of Warcraft.

>Guilds:
ELYSIUM
Horde guild:
Alliance guild:
ZETH'KUR
Hugmeplz body worship guild:
Horde guild: None
/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

>Server Homepage
eIysium-project.org/

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vaniIlagaming.org

>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYloSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463

>Addons
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vaniIla-112-addons-download/
shagu.org/pfUl/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cV0Gdtxot
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bVZZEMruczo
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IyMbVRbkVo
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LqMxdVVo0uV
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LchxdAio0z
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#oZZVAG0oft0o
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhZVVkVMxoc
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhhxdAio0zVVzm0x
reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5svm7s/pvp_item_drama_devs_pretend_the_issue_is_fixed/ddi7qi8/
youtube.com/watch?v=rd3oPn-XIRk
youtube.com/watch?v=OE80LSAnQNs
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LV0xZVZEizoe0zVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whats the best addon for checking your own stats in more detail?

first for elysium

A lot of people seem to fail to understand why Imp Drain Soul is amazing. Imp Drain Soul has the exact same effect that Spirit Tap has for Priests, the only difference being 5 less seconds per proc. If you're wearing Stam/Spr gear, this will mean an extra 250 to 500 mana each time you kill a mob, after factoring the mana cost of R1 Drain Soul. It's the difference between sitting down to drink after 7-8 mobs and only sitting down to drink because you need to wait on your Void to heal itself. Let me put it this way: even Priests that level as healers pick up Spirit Tap because it's fucking amazing; Imp Drain Soul is almost as good but only costs 2 talent points.

>muh Dark Pact means I don't need Imp Drain Soul

Dark Pact isn't a source of infinite mana and 16 to 40 takes quite a while. Not like the extra mana is going to hurt you once you get Dark Pact either.

Concerning Dark Pact: why the fuck would you use a Felhunter with it? Felhunter can't hold aggro, which means you take dmg, which means you have less health to turn into mana, which means you run out of mana faster, which means you need to drink more. Pets don't have infinite mana and they'll run dry after 3 or 4 Dark Pacts, even if it's an Imp on passive with Fireshield off or a Felhunter. The extra damage you take is most definitely not worth the mana you can draw from your pet. Use a Void, manually cast Torment to allow regen ticks, use Imp Drain Soul and use Dark Pact sparingly and it'll help reduce your downtime even further. Dark Pact is great in group since it reduces the strain on the healer, but so-so while leveling. Better than nothing but it's not the end all be all to your mana management as a Lock.

reposting builds.

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cV0Gdtxot
Hunter

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bVZZEMruczo
Priest

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IyMbVRbkVo
warlock

Warrior
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LqMxdVVo0uV
or
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LchxdAio0z
(i don't know much about warriors maybe strawpoll these two)

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#oZZVAG0oft0o
Mage

>As a rogue you go fucking combat and stay fucking combat. Hit>riposte, dual wield can wait until 60, you'll be better off with some pvp talents on a pvp server.
Rogue

If you've got a better build post it, keep in mind these are for pvp servers with a lot of players on them.
still need shaman, druid and paladin.

what is the ideal 7/5/39 build? Everything I find is different

>arms

no one posted a fury build going to level 40.
I think one guy argued arms was better for tanking though.
Yeah you could as easily go fury for cleave and piercing howl, I mean I'd make it myself but i don't know enough about wars.

just go fury and save the respec

Holy shit it says that there are 12k players with 1k in queue for a realm on this server, is that actually true? Also is this shit scripted and blizz-like?

Paladins in dresses!

Not this again. I thought we left /krog/ behind

Paladins are conservatively dressed holy warriors!

please have a penis

>thread made by shitposter

How long until it becomes collateral from a b&

>Warrior
remove both those builds. you level as 2h fury and respec arms at 40 for mortal strike

this db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhZVVkVMxoc is the build you use when leveling (or something similar). you spam heroic strike and when you get Enrage you sit when attacking a mob to get it to proc.
when you reach 40, respec to this db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhhxdAio0zVVzm0x
arms is superior to fury in PvP simply due to tactical mastery, but not in PvE. i tanked just fine as fury

This game sucks, play warhammer online instead

WoW= Waiting on Warhammer

where do players get shadow res

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5svm7s/pvp_item_drama_devs_pretend_the_issue_is_fixed/ddi7qi8/

[removed]

r8 my tank build

I put 3 points in improved revenge but i'm not sure if the stun works on bosses

If not i'll move them to sunder probably

don't get imp revenge, stunning prevents rage generation

>someone paid me 5g to put a SS on them
IF I PLAY EVERY THIRTY MINUTES AND PUT SOULSTONES ON PEOPLE I MIGHT BECOME RICH
Is there anything warlocks CAN'T do??

isn't damage mitigation more important?

I liked the PvP in that game, but otherwise it was just a shitty WoW ripoff, not a good one like Rift.

thanks for reposting senpai
nice to see noone has shit on my hunter and priest builds yet. but please do if there's room for improvement

Anyone on Anathema doing anything?

this shit is impossible to play the fucking lag

Spells, pots, gear, even talents and racials.

how about dps?

but they fixed the lunar festival :^)

THIS FUCKING LAG IS DRIVING ME CRAZY :8(:8.8(:(::(:(:((::((::(:(

> Is there anything warlocks CAN'T do??
Pvp.

Hello, my hero, user, would you like to buy some gold?

Any that people actually use, or are you just splitting hairs?

where is lumi..

Hello, butthurt mages.
>g-gib money f-for water...!!
lol

heh, thats what you think

youtube.com/watch?v=rd3oPn-XIRk

Pots and gear

People use all of it all the time.

Next up, Warriors.

>Deep Wounds + Impale vs Imp Hamstring and 5/5 Deflection

Let's say you're lvl 45 and you have a whooping 15% crit with Cruelty and Axe Spec. Your Mortal Strike is hitting for 350 dmg.

Average Mortal Strike dmg after factoring crit WITHOUT Impale: 402.5
Average Mortal Strike dmg after factoring crit WITH Impale: 413

A whooping 2.6% more damage for your Mortal Strike.

But Deep Wounds is pretty good, right? Deep Wounds means less control on your only survival skill: Intimidating Shout. You trade a bit of extra damage in exchange for making your one and only CC skill more unreliable than it already is. It could be argued that the loss of Intimidating Shout is worth the dmg gain, but is it worth Imp Hamstring for PvP and Imp Charge for questing? Fuck no.

>Arms vs Fury
Have you ever compared the two? Either through controlled experiments or through mathing out the benefits each spec has? I did. Fury doesn't do a whole lot more damage than Arms does until lvl 35+ once Flurry is unlocked. Even with 5/5 Flurry, the damage difference between the two specs is pretty small, less than 2 or 3 seconds per mob. When the difference in damage is this small, you have to start looking at the utility the specs give you to decide which to pick and that's not even a contest. Arms takes less damage, is much better at tanking and can fight back in PvP. So why would you gimp yourself during the 10-40 levels by going Fury? Because some idiot made a claim saying that Fury was better without backing his claim without proof or arguments?

Warhammer Online was only ever good in the open beta, when they restricted the game to the lower RvR lakes. Constant encounters in small RvR lakes, without the broken combos available at higher levels.

>elysium shills dying to lag and massive chink pop
>zethkur is comfy no chink server but low pop

Once its proven that Anathema PVP is best girl. Why aren't you playing on a stable, balanced pop, and active end game community waiting for AQ? Why do you purposely choose worst girl user?

How about the sustain of the /sit build?

I can kill lagging undergeared autists as well, not show me some real pvp.

Icecrown is the fun meme server with 7x xp rates and shit

Lordaeron is the blizzlike server with 1x xp

fix your fucking servers holy shit

because i already have a full bwl bis character on anathema

why would you play there when aq isn't released? just how late did you start?

Bye vanillafags

I'm a Lordaeron bull now

THEY CAN'T EVEN FUCKING CODE PROPERLY USELESS SLAVIC NEGROIDS

>2k pop
>Sucks
Fucking nost babies

then try THIS on for size

youtube.com/watch?v=OE80LSAnQNs

>spam Heroic Strike

You don't have the rage for that. You're actually better off saving 45-60 rage and then doing Slam > Slam > Execute.

>arms is superior to fury in PvP

Which is the biggest selling point of Arms: the worst part of leveling a Warrior is getting to 40. If you spec Fury, you're useless against pretty much every leveling spec in the game. You can't kill anyone unless you completely outgear or outskill them. The sheer amount of time you'll save from winning fights as Arms more than makes up for the extra bit of dmg Fury brings to the table.

>tanked just since as Fury

Moving the goalpost. Any decent Warrior can tank just fine as Fury. Arms just has it way better.

Imp Revenge is ok when you're super undergeared. What you really want though is Imp Sunder. Try something like this instead: db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LV0xZVZEizoe0zVo

Two extra points can go in Imp HS for raids, Imp Taunt for 5 mans or Imp Shield Bash for 5 mans/PvP.

Whats the tank situation on Elysium thinking of going over

You aren't going to win any fights as any spec unless you massively outlevel or outgear them or you jump them at 10% hp.

Extremely high demand

TheoryCraft

That's what I'm comparing Arms to, actually. If you don't make use of /sit, Fury is way worse than Arms for dmg.

I'm not arguing that leveling as Fury can't be done. I leveled as Fury once back in like 1.03 or 1.04. But I also leveled another Warrior as Arms in 1.02 and even with the extra knowledge and skill I'd accumulated on my first Warrior, leveling my second Warrior as Fury was way more of a PITA than leveling as Arms. The one thing Fury is disgustingly good at compared to Arms is 2h tanking instances with WF totem. 100% uptime on Enrage and Flurry for trash while swinging a WW Axe/Ravager around makes up for extremely quick clears since you end up doing twice as much dmg as the rest of the group combined.

i'm a 60 warr and can get a group for literally anything in around 10 mins, see people LF tank in /world all the time as well

the only downside is that its on the last patch icc within the next month or two so we missed out on the progressive stuff

thats why im considering that sunwell.pl server, its still on naxx/eoe

i don't understand this I thought warriors were the most played class why are tanks in such high demand?

80% of warriors are exclusively "dps" warriors.

yes

Spirit tap is better for priests because you can wand beforehand and Regen fully as soon as it pops.. imp ds is being cast until the proc so you still have to wait the 5s.. life tap is infinitely better and doesn't clog your bags

they are in high demand in pugs

in guilds not so much

>most played class
warriors are the default class selection when creating a character, so bank alts make up a large number of the warrior population

furthermore, leveling a warrior is cancer and many won't make it to level cap

furtherermore, a shitload of warriors are trying to be meta as fuck and don't consider tanking an option

warriors are the only good tanks soooo

look at all of these bankalts

>wage slave all day
>servers get ddosed every night and I can't enjoy the game

>top guilds
>fenghongguodu
>CN United
>Light of dawn
>The Lucifer

why are chinks so much better than us?

>BLACKED at work
>CHINKED at home

>Kel thuzad had onr fucking job of protecting lordaeron territory while arthas was gone for like, 6 years.
>He lost everything to the forsaken.

So this is the power of vanilla strongest boss.

>BLACK in the streets
>CHINK in the sheets

Arms Warriors do some crazy damage with Overpower alone. Overpower crit + HS will put most people in execute range. Sweeping Strikes will fuck up melee classes that try to gank you while you're fighting a mob. Hell, I've won a few 1v2s with Sweeping Strikes > Cleave > Overpower. Swiftness and Free Action potions will turn most matches in your favor.

To put it plainly: if you think Arms Warriors can't win against your average ganker at low levels, you need to git gud. You won't win every fight, but you sure as fuck will have a better chance of winning a fight than if you were Fury.

In his defense he left the dreadlords to protect it and one of them defected immediately

You need one prot warrior per raiding guild.

There is not much demand for it.

There is for instances.

Spirit Tap is better for Priests because Priests aren't juggling 3-4 mobs at a time and Priests aren't constantly casting spells. That doesn't make the mana gained from DS insignificant. Also you want both Imp Life Tap AND Imp Drain Soul since they have a compounding effect towards reducing your downtime.

Theyre not, its just Horde is full of shitters

warrior vs hunter:
you are never in melee range
warrior vs mage:
warrior vs warlock:
warrior vs rogue:
you are dead in a stunlock
warrior vs priest:
priests are unkillable
warrior vs warrior: whomever gets charge wins
warrior vs paladin:
draw

whats the (actual) alliance guild for zeth'kur? no drama please, i just want to be in a guild

This is some weak ass shit. Are they even trying to fix it?

This connection is fucking appalling

>Get's ganked by a level ??
>

>you've got to have fap and swiftness for every fight to even try to stay alive
JUST

There is no guild zeth'cuck is dead

drama?
what happened?

Feel free to buy them from me :^)

fear doesn't break on this server you dindu cuqq
specs have been theorycrafted for 13 years, there's nothing new you can come up with

This shit is legit worse than Kronos

>specs have been theorycrafted for 13 years

You don't need Impale or Deep Wounds as Warrior because improved Heroic strike is better in my personal experience. Take your toxic elitist gamer attitude back to reddlt shitlord.

>toxic
>gb2r
Pick one.

pupper pals? unless you're pointing fingers at them for whatever reason

>heroic strike at level 45

I never played as a warlock before. How do soulstones work? Can it be traded? What it takes to make one?

> is better in my personal experience. Take your toxic elitist gamer attitude back to reddlt shitlord.
Be my wife please.

soun shards to make a soulstone

cant trade but can use on other people

>implying 1v1s ever happen

>doing a kill quest with someone
>they finish before you and immediately run off
>pick up the next quest and kill all of the mobs for it before you are back with the new quest

how considerate

Slam is shit, it resets your swing timer

I accidentally connected to the test server and now I just get disconnected automatically and can't switch back, pls help

You have to uninstall and reinstall the client. That's the only way I found to fix it