/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Fat fish edition.

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/p/zeldabotw.aspx
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/09/exclusive-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-screen-gallery.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to fuck the fish

Good god people

Reminder that Sheik is FEMALE.

Gerudo >> Fish > Hylians

What's the difference between this and the other?

Will Game Informer give us something good today?

This one was made first.

Both have good taste though.

I suspect we'll get a history lesson on Zelda development process

I think the good stuff will be once a week

Also this thread has more replies so while I hate it let's go with it

Gerudo > Hylian >>> Fish

The question is if we'll get side characters much cuter than the main cast as happened

The other was made later by a shitposter that doesn't know his place.
If someone says he's making the thread, nobody else should do it.

okay I lost, but now I can't delete the other so just let it fall off.

I strongly disagree.

delete the post linking it at least

I see why so many consider this their favorite 2d.
I'm surprised how something simple like linking kinstones was so much fun.

I'm so tired of "zelda is cute" spamming that I'd genuinely take a shitty deviantart-tier fetish OP over the other one.

If Link's Awakening didn't exist, Minish Cap would definitely be my favourite 2D Zelda game.

The OP of the other thread was a fag but Zelda is still cute as fuck, fuck you.

she is but the repetition still gets annoying

I don't mind people liking a character or even moderate waifufagging, it's when it's posted constantly and starts churning out copypastas that it gets really obnoxious although that's just part of the inescapable reality of generals I suppose.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

>Wake up
>Brush my teeth
>Drink a cup of coffee
>Float around the castle as a giant smokey beast of darkness

must get boring

I want Veeky Forums Zelda to be my mommy

Imagine waiting 100 years for a fucking kid to show up.

I wonder if Ganondorf was enraged by the fact his people were visiting Hyrule and whoring themselves out for free

>implying zelda isn't ripped as fuck under that dress
She just hides it with magic and cosmetics.

Zelda would be the perfect sugar mommy considering how rich she is

>whoring
More like grabbing a guy off the street and raping him dry, then stealing his money and clothes.

What the fuck is that thing you posted Ganondorf looks like a transexual

it's r63

The outlines speak clearly.

The whole looking for boyfriends thing sounds to me like on a regular basis they visit Hyrule and everyone knows why but don't say anything about it. If they came in on their horses, swords drawn, capturing and tying up men to be dragged back to their fortress for a life as a sex slave I think there might be a bit more outcry and more concerted efforts to drive them deeper into the desert or wipe them out. Losing the fit, young men from your village plus a portion of your wealth or produce wouldn't be accepted

Dorf redesign, young Dorf or some OC Gerudo male

mini-game where you have to protect your wallet and dick from descending gerudo never

Last zelda I played was a N64 one (some shit where you died after 24 hours) and it was like 20 years ago

So, how to re-get into the series nowadays?

Alright, I need help.

>SS
>Pipit's house
>Pipit's mom ask me to clean her house
>accept it, go clean it with my gust
>once I was done, Pipit's mon tells me to go to her to give me reward
>talk to her
>she just repeats the same line of saying before she used to ask for help

When I try to get out of there, Pipit's mom calls me and say to go to her again. I do that, and she still repeats the same help she asked before. Am I experiencing a bug or is this intentional? If the latter, how do I make her give reward?

>Pipit's mom
Fixed.

Good sir that sounds like a bug.

At least you are consistent

It's "looking for boyfriends" because it's a Nintendo game.

If you go talk to people while wearing the Gerudo Mask, a lot of them either scream for help or get angry. Their reputation is pretty fearsome.

1) play Link to the Past for SNES
2) play Ocarina of Time for N64 or 3DS
3) play Wind Waker for Gamecube or Wii U

at that point, if you're really into it and you want to keep going, you can come back here and get more advice, and if you're not feeling it at all, you should probably drop the series

have you tried getting in bed and sleeping for a bit? i recall that being necessary for something

Oh boy, really? I rarely find bugs on my videogames when I play normally.

No. It was daytime when I first went to her house. I will try to sleep until night and see if it will solve the problem.

Hmm watched a compilation of all the reactions and I reckon you're right. All the people who couldn't have interacted with Dorf still act fearful around it

Dorf can complain about how unfair the world is against his people but they haven't exactly been making many friends. Why not sell their skills as mercenaries rather than living by theft

I really wonder how their society will be portrayed in BotW

>All the people who couldn't have interacted with Dorf still act fearful around it
was this limited to hylians, or did the gorons and zora share the same sentiments?

I remember Darunia saying he hates Gerudos, but that was because Ganondorf messed with them.

Ok, here's the thing.

I still can't receive my reward, even if it's nighttime. Pipit's mom just keep repeating the same line of saying. Maybe restarting the game will make the problem disappear.

hm, did you somehow trigger this sidequest before beginning the gratitude crystals overarching quest?

Do you think it's two different Zeldas in BotW? Dropping that the Zelda from the present is the past Zelda's daughter would be a pretty decent twist, I think.

Are there supposed to be a lot of Gerudo as in a nation or is it literally an oversized band of thieves

what if Zelda from the past successfully acquired and used the Triforce to grant herself eternal youth, and the reason she's so upset about failing to protect her people is that she knows she's doomed to live forever as everyone she knows and loves slowly (or quickly) dies

There was a split between Nabooru and Ganondorf over his methods even when Link was a kid so it seems like a case of clashing ideologies.

I also believe there's 2 Zelda's as well. I think everyone being put in stasis seems a bit too convenient as well as smacking of deserting the people and leaving them to suffer for a 100 years without you

Don't you need wisdom to use the triforce? That sounds like a really dumb and shortsighted wish.

The present Zelda also seems to act a bit more child-like than one who watched her whole kingdom get blown up and probably watched her friend/bodyguard get killed

Gerudo fortress has multiple large buildings, prisons, guards, and a hierarchy of various roles, and their MM counterparts have an established naval presence, however they clearly refer to themselves as a band of thieves and to the fortress as a "thieves' hideout," so my understanding is that they're on par with ISIS as far as organization

unless she truly was the greatest ruler of Hyrule, in which case she's just assuring that future generations will benefit from her leadership instead of leaving it in the untested hands of unborn children

>unless she truly was the greatest ruler of Hyrule, in which case she's just assuring that future generations will benefit from her leadership instead of leaving it in the untested hands of unborn children
In that case she could wish for eternal prosperity or for the kingdom to always be blessed by good rulers, eternal youth seems like the dumbest most ineffective way to go about that.

What makes you think it's the present? I thought white dress Zelda was during/after shit went down while blue was before.

I can't imagine the thieving and the taking of male slaves can really be done in an honourable way. Unless we assume Nabooru was a revolutionary who was going to change the entire Gerudo way of life and culture

I like the idea of there being Gerudo in more than the desert but all of them living as thieves. Either which way the reason I asked is to know whether the King is uniting various tribes or is just the male leader of an until then female led band of thieves

it's the Triforce, not Dragonballs. she's not limited to 1 wish or something

>whether the King is uniting various tribes or is just the male leader of an until then female led band of thieves
i've always interpreted it to be the latter

>did you somehow trigger this sidequest before beginning the gratitude crystals overarching quest?
No. I already talked with Batreaux before Pipit's mom's quest.
Nevermind, though. I found the problem.

Phibi's mom's reward wasn't being triggered because I was using cheats. I used cheats in order to shut up Fi when I'm low at hearts or when my batteries are going to last.

I disabled them, I redid the quest and now it worked. I was surprised that the game didn't broke, rather, the system just gave the wrong message in wrong order.

Well, sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for caring my problem.

nabooru condemned ganondorf for stealing from women and children, and killing people

We don't know how "present Zelda" look like

>I can't imagine the thieving and the taking of male slaves can really be done in an honourable way
Think Robin Hood with some sensual courting on the side.
So why would she inflict a curse upon herself when she can get the same desirable effect with a different wish?

I think white is past because it looks more royal/luxurious than practical traveling clothing and the dirt and whatnot we see she has comes from fleeing Hyrule Castle and the burning town.
It's just a feeling but I think it's sound.

So she was just fine with the taking of sex slaves and robbing men. Did she think that people would give up their property without a fight even at the expense of their lives. At best she claim some kind of honour in robbing the strong but at the end of the day they're still robbing and raping and if you put up to much of a fight well those scimitars aren't merely decoration

Re watch the trailer.

>Zelda in the blue clothes running
>Everything I've done until now was for nothing
>Zelda in the white dress crying
>Final scene is the Guardian about to kill Link

Here's how things go down: Zelda and Link travel around Hyrule to have information about Sheikah technology. The day of Ganon's attack, Zelda is in the white dress. Ganon takes control of all the Guardians Zelda and Link were going to use against him. Ganon destroys everything. Zelda and Link try to escape but the Guardians reach them and kill Link. Link is put in the chamber while Zelda puts the Sheikah Slate in Link's chamber and traps herself inside Hyrule castle.

I disagree.

A bird told me there are eight dungeons.

You are free not to believe me.

How lazy are GameInformer do they start their day after lunch or something

Where does Link meeting the champions fit in? Zelda isn't around in those scenes.

What? Gameinformer has other news?

Yeah, stealing from the rich who take more than they deserve is pretty cool. And you're assuming rape and sex slaves where the norm when that's both never explicitly stated and would also be under Ganondorf's rule who is an established brutal tyrant with no regard for life, and the carpenter's dialogue seem to indicate that shit wasn't cool under Nabooru's watch before she was brainwashed.

gameinformer.com/p/zeldabotw.aspx

new coverage throughout the month

They had some new gameplay footage in their trailer, so yeah obviously. I bet they recorded the boss fight too.

Probably before shit goes down, I imagine they were part of negotiations for the mecha beasts. I'm sure they showed up during the disaster as well.

they said we'll get something every single day even if it's something short and funny like yesterday's interview

Assuming that an entire tribe/organisation/race can survive entirely on stealing from corrupt businessman, mayors etc is a bit idealistic. Eventually they'll be robbing people who worked hard for what they've got or are merely getting by/staying afloat

On top of that Robin Hood took from the rich what they squeezed out of the poor and gave it back to them. In your situation the Gerudo would take from the rich and put it all in their coffers and the poor would just wind up getting squeezed harder by the rich

Should I play Majora's Mask, Hyrule Warriors, or Metroid Prime before Breath of the WIld comes out?

metroid prime

I'd play HW, perfect time waster.

MM, you can zoom around as a goron and do sick flips as a zora.

goddamnit

What you should actually play is Ace Combat.

Ok, let's put it this way.
Majora's Mask is a mainline game and it's worth playing exactly for that reason. It's short bit packed with grim adventures.
Hyrule Warriors is a spin off and it's a musou. Not everyone likes musou games but the game has some fine fanservice for all Zelda fans and as I said it is a good time waster.
Metroid Prime is great but that ain't a Zelda game. Save it for the moment you finished BotW.

>Save it for the moment you finished BotW.
You mean save it for 2020?

Yeah, lol, keep your expectations in check, my mate.

I don't think the gerudo were supposed to be honorable so much as they got fucked over by geography. We don't know that much about how they were like before Ganondorf and Nabooru nor do we know the full details of their escapades so it's hard for me to make a judgement call either way. It's possible the civil war fucked them up and made conventional employment under more prosperous societies too difficult, it's also possible Ganondorf was just whining and/or making shit up and they were just plain old brigands, there's a lot of missing info. Although if Nabooru felt comfortable never stealing from the weak then I assume they had their own small economy at home, it probably just wasn't enough to sustain them on its own. There's way too much speculation involved though which is why I'd rather wait for more info.

Wasn't the update already up around this time yesterday?

Yeah but it seems to be another update.
Yesterday we got an interview with Miyamoto and Aonuma.

seems to be up

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/09/exclusive-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-screen-gallery.aspx

Wow, I swear it wasn't up when I posted since I checked beforehand.
Thanks.

The Gerudo in this game already seem to be living more comfortably than those in OoT so I don't think they're condition will inform us about theirs. I strongly suspect Nintendo will just rewrite a lot of the stuff they've said about them with as little care as they cast aside classic design elements like the eyes being yellow and the ears round

It's up and it's just a few of the screenshots we saw from people who'd subscribed to the full issiue

it's nothing new tho. Just better quality pics of what we already seen yesterday

>Each dungeon still has its own boss, and players will have to use clever tricks to take them down.

This line makes me think that there are more dungeons than the 4 beasts.

How many times have you watched the trailer?

What is The Wild and why are we concerned about its Breath?

The trailers maybe 3-5 times but I've watched 100s of breakdowns and analysis of them all

>with as little care as they cast aside classic design elements like the eyes being yellow and the ears round
are you seriously whining about minor differences in characteristics when zora and rito look almost completely different each game?

I'm seeing a fair bit of hullabaloo over the Rito. Either way I'm not too vexed I'd rather have them in the game redesigned than not even in the game. It's the eyes I'll miss because they're a nice defining trait like the Sheikah's red eyes