/twg/ - Total War General

Give proper formations edition.

FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.
Waiting for Bretonnia (Late Feb, stop asking, previews and shit should be mid Feb)
We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

NECESSARY Mod Packs
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005554297/myworkshopfiles/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

makewarnotlove.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Make Love not War is rigged

First for love/hate relationship with TW:W vs Atilla and S2

But I love all 3 of them

The only thing I hate is myself

>tfw evict seleucids from anatolia

>tfw evict Gauls from France

>tfw evict historyfags from my warhammer thread

I was playing S2 and TW:W last night to compare and contrast since I've been balls deep in Warhams campaigns. They are really different sometimes. I kind of miss the system where units would seek each other for killing blow animations, cause the current system just seems janky at times and makes one dude take like 10 hits to go down. In S2 when a volley of matchlock fire hits tons of people die. It's amazing. But cavalry charges are ass in S2 compared to TW:W. Just so many differences and I can't decide which I prefer.

gauls were a meme

I really miss the linked executions system, they could have done some really fantastic shit with the variety of units in warhams.

>give proper formations edition
Fuck you, I'm scattering my infantry haphazardly and then hard-grouping it for maximum frustration.

So there're going to give us Skaven if we win MWNL or it's an elaborate scheme?

>formations
oh my hoplites are engaged, might as well hit my free stats button, how about some cav formations that make them invariably worse. Ooooh maybe the stand perfectly still yari wall that trivialized EVERY S2 campaign.

Rather micro other shit mang. Cav traps, rune cycling, general abilities and spells.

Eventually I get tired of how Warhammer battles look like wet noodle fights and play S2. Then I see an entire unit get wiped out by two volleys of arrows and I go back to Warhams. It's a hard life.

Not him but my biggest issue with Warhammer is ten units blobbing around the enemy general for five minutes trying to get him to rout

hahaha no.

More like a Drums and Banners DLC pack for free.

Sorry mate you're gonna have to wait for the New World expansion later this year before you see Skaven,Helfs,Delfs and Lizards.

You know what lads I only played 60 hours of Shogun 2 before I got bored with it, but now that I'm playing Warhammer..

eh

I feel like I might give it another shot

Who should I play?

That shit's annoying too, but I accept it up to a point because that's just Warhammer and it does add a touch of 'holy shit that's fucking awesome' when your lord goes HAM. What I don't like is zooming in on a frontline battle only to see the units slapping each other and nobody hardly ever dying.

pick a color dude

motherfucker this, when stuntbrindal is just effortlessly soloing 3 full units of chaff for 20 minutes gets me real mad

desu this was one thing i loved about s2, uesugi warrior monk archers 4 lyf

>no mod updates since forever
ANGERY

Yeah I totally don't think Legendary Lords are bad by default or anything, it's just that I had one too many battles where it ends with me having two unit blobs melting around a general and some flying ghost woman as I fast forward through the battle

Yeah I feel the same way despite liking Legendary Lords. Super annoying sitting there waiting for them to die. As opposed to S2 where your general is probably toast right away if they're surrounded by even like 2 yari ashigaru

It would be cool if you had to manage sanitation in Warhammer as humans and if you get negative there's a chance of a Skaven stack spawning

I know it's not going to happen but it would be neat I think

guys

what if they release a DLC for attila if we win the make war not love thing?

At one point weren't they going to release India as an expansion for Rome 2?

Don't give me hope, I doubt that would happen

Even if we lost I would definitely buy that

I know they said some stuff about maybe releasing more historical content in form of DLC in between Warhammers, but that would be too good

nothing against Warhammer though

So you build sewers and then scaven disappear? Something doesn't add up here...

It's not for Attila, Warhammer is the candidate for the total war series

Sanitation was the dumbest spreadsheet factor of Attila. One can easily assume the presence of necromantic or chaotic energies would take its toll on the population, and it would play out the exact same way with less PO and attrition. Warhams was about limiting building taxes and there is already a building tax for corruption.

You don't build more sewers you keep them clean and free of rats

Put gates up front, hang up torches that sort of stuff

>Slayer and Greatswordsman fighting
>Greatswordsman goes into animation, chops slayer's head off
>Slayer acts like nothing even happened
>Turns around, chops greatswordsman's head off with his axes
>Then they both ragdoll and die

Lmao, that was great. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at Total War. Slayers are fucking hardcore.

>its another rigged make war not love competition

what bizarre loopholes and fine print will sega utilize to screw over total war this year, /twg/?

Is there any more strategic depth to playing VC other than: bind enemy with zombies/skeletons, ram their flank/rear with chav and drop fast units/vargs on their ranges while casting ?

Bow clan BEST CLAN

Slayers have a death animation that deals out an attack, it makes them pretty funny with blood and gore dlc.

Sounds pretty bread n butter to me, user.

It looks hilarious. This slayer took time to walk towards the greatswordsman and everything, while missing his head. It was fantastic.

>tfw to intelligent for Blood&Gore

It looks like everything is caked in jelly

>they sell it because they are greedy fuckers
>they sell it because it influences the game's age rating

no, it's not in the base game because it looks like fucking garbage

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

I can do without it in S2 but warhams isn't warhams without chunky jelly all over the place

the best thing about Shogun 2 is mowing down Japs with machine guns and watching them crawl around the battlefield

it's arousing in a way

t. Gook

Is there a limit to the amount of objects you can have on a map or is that just my shitty PC?
Trying to build a colonial-style stockade on a Badlands map and Terry keeps crashing.

>Europa Perdita mite b getting one

I pray

>mfw sweet Grace gave me a free Slav DLC last MWNL
>mfw all those memes about the pleb in the DMs

there was a thread on reddit where the op was having a problem with objects and it had something to do with layers, although in your case I would assume that it is your pc

>tfw playing old M2 mods for the first time in a couple years

Goddam I miss passive unit replenishment.

I fucking wish man. another eastern faction would be amazing

What's the mod and post screenshots right now

Thanks, I think that actually may be the problem because it just won't let me save it.
>this is what I am trying to recreate. I'm wondering if I should go for a Marienburg flavor after I get the structure up.
>Also does anybody know the minimum requirements for a map to be playable?

I got mine from Darren when he was salty about Sega fucking us out of victory on the stream

Any nice primer on the Battlemap editor?

>hang torches.
>all the decomposing shit makes the sewers explode.

You know what exploded sewers means?

no ratnigs

Broken Crescent, doing a KoJ playthrough. Too lazy to get screencaps though as I just started

Fuck having to march templars back to Kerak for training tho, but the building system is still superior, fuck having limited slots.

it also means no sanitation.

niggers

makewarnotlove.com/

saw it.
This year is our year.

let's call it rat-meter then

>sign in with your first name :^D

Sega can fuck right off

Don't delude yourself

>Sega fucking us out of victory on the stream

I wasn't around for that, what happened?

>imblying

thankfully ca seemed to be prepared to give out a bunch of free slav codes, because I would have been pissed if I had ended up paying for that meme dlc

>actually signing in with your first name
Dawn of war 3 hasn't come out yet nigger.
Total warhammer was one of the highest selling games and CA's PR is on point while relic has Kyle working on patches.

Last year was CoH2, Attila and FUCKING Dawn of War 2
It was percentage based compared to the week before

Fucking guess what I was playing Total War before the event just like I was playing it after it

How many people were playing a game form fucking 2009 in the week before the event?
Everyone with DoW2 in their Steam library had their own little community revival "let's get together and play this old game again", they went from 1 player to 1000 and they blew past everyone

oh cool so i just need to make an account with my full first and last name, my email address, my steam account, my phone number (home and mobile) and my social security number and a credit card for backupt for the chance to maybe get some DLC thing that definitely should be free content when they sell the next thing either way?

heck yes sing me the f***k up!

>percentage based compared to the week before
If they do that again we might be fucked, again. There was an influx of players this week from the humble monthly.

DOW3 is giving some troubling signs.

Whats it

>he doesn't have a fake email account
>he actually uses his own name.

>not just giving them a fake name
also you don't have to give them your steam account

>some
it doesn't look good at all, which is goddamn maddening, hopefully i'm wrong by release but this pre-release gameplay is really worrying

eh. I like it. It's more like dawn of war 1 with warcraft 3 heroes.

Come on lads let's not pretend DoW2 was anything other than a total turd

there is an actual MP demo going to be happing at the PC gamer UK thing.

Basing how an RTS plays on the campaign is pretty /v/.

It wasn't that bad when I played it at an expo, although infantry were squishy as fuck compared to 2 and 1.

Who else signed up as John Doe for MWNL?

>not signing as Antiochus Rex

Do they let you change your game after you signed in?

the gameplay from the ork campaign has me seriously worried, care to enlighten me on how it was at the expo?

I liked II better than I, but maybe that was because I was getting tired of the Warcraft model of RTS and had not yet discovered Total War.

what exactly worried you?
And please don't ue the word MOBA.

use

Should vampires conquer or vassalize the other two vampire factions in Sylvania?

Sorry I only started posting here when I started Warhammer. I'm working on Shogun 2, but I haven't gone before that yet.
Not that I can tell.

Burn those cunts down, there's only room in Sylvania for one Vampire line.
They also have the schemer trait, so can't trust them unless you're strong enough to not need anything from them.

the voice acting for one, Relic games usually have god tier voice acting
also everything looked way to cartoony and fast.

It was fun to beat the shit out of eldar, but it was just a mission from the space marine campaign and if you lost any of your heroes you got them back in like 2-3 min. It was extremely easy because of this, the only thing that bothered me was just the fact that Infantry seemed pretty weak.

Not that user but the look and feel seem wrong. Not to say I am 100% behind the "Moar Grimdark than U" direction that GW has taken of late but the franchise has never been this clean and shiny. Like said it feels too Warcrafty, too cartoony and 40k's underlying humor has always been more tongue-in-cheek.

dawn of war 1 was pretty fucking cartoony. People tend to forget that for some reason.

I think the VA is alright. Loved the Deffkoptas singing ride of the valkyries.

Kinda curious. When you say clean and shiny, do you compare it to dawn of war 1 or dawn of war 2?
Because dawn of war 2 was gritty and more detailed because it was dealing with a much more smaller scale.

I think that relic needs to tone down on the particle effects.

yeah Dawn of War 1 was pretty cartoony, but there's just something off about DOW3 that I can't put my finger on.
Have they changed the voice actors at all in the months since the gameplay?

don't know. They did mention that gabriel's VA was placeholder.
They are using the G O B L I N from warhammer.

>This is the Total War General so I will make this my last thought on the subject.

DoWII was probably the closest to the tabletop game, in both tone and gameplay. I have not seen quite enough of III to make a definite Judgement, but I know I will be buying that crap no matter what if they have an in depth army painter.
>Back to the topic at hand, we got our map editor, how long before CA drops the Army painter?

>did mention gabes VA was a placeholder
ok this is good, this probably means Gorgutz is as well

G O B L I N S

I figure we will get the Army painter either with the next expansion or with the Bretonnia release, we need to actually go out and let these dickheads know we want it.

gorgutz sounds proper orky.
On the other hand don't read the youtube comments. It's a bunch of ARCH fanboys.

>orks only refer to eldar as Panzies, not as Eldar.

>Warhammer is grimdark, stop putting goofy shit like ride of the valkyries.

>muh lore.

My Vandals campaign ended abruptly. My comitati troops got completely fucking slaughtered by Contatrii and armoured horse archers supported by fucking numeri. Kill me.

Orks are supposed to act as the foil for the other races all walking around taking shit seriously.

just hammer and anvil them

>Warhammer 12 bucks

Brace yourselves, the newfags are charging