Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm (embed) (embed)
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gOyrYtcRA-M
soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/dark-kings-duel-original-shitty-midi-version
soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/dark-kings-duel
dropbox.com/s/8u2t6pfmgzur65g/The Long Road.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot to link the last thread:

How can I make my game more like Deus Ex?

Let the player tackle missions in different ways.
Hide a lot of stuff everywhere, not only loot but also passages and hidden enemies.
Lots of conspiracies.
Hackable terminals and pcs.
Hire random people for voice acting.

What if I just do all the voice acting?
Definitely need some conspiracies to put it

Sure that can work too

I'll take notes from this game and Shenmue.

I don't want to make a clone but I like the conspiracies and the crazy plot

If you want conspiracies and shit read/play more cyberpunk material, there's lots of ways to do it without drawing from real world conspiracy theories like Deus Ex

I'll look into that. Made up conspiracies are just as good as real ones. Even better if you can't tell the difference

Would you actually do different voices?
Sidenote: What if I voice a game in Sim language or Animal Crossing babbles?

I would definitely do different voices. It makes the game more enjoyable. A woman can't sound the same as the three other guys you talked to, and the kid can't sound like them either.

I think the simlish would be neat, but people may not like it. The AC babble is a safe bet because it's rhythmic like actual speaking but not bogged down with trying to interpret what they're actually saing

Who did it better?

Simlish is too complicated to make, but babbling always works as long as you change the pitch and gives it a certain variety

why no picture.....

repostan from old thread

youtube.com/watch?v=gOyrYtcRA-M

LIVE DAMMIT

i had to go through vg page by page to find rpgmg. what the fuck happened to the catalog?

also ive decided im gonna make a little game until i get a new drawing tablet, like a very small game. half an hour of gameplay small. not sure about details, just gonna bust out paint and make little monochrome tiles and see where it goes.

The catalog is still there

weird, maybe its a local issue then. i'll try to figure it out later

I need a simple concept for a game to make a small rpg. All my ideas are either really shitty, really complex, or both.

Go shitty first. If you can't make a shitty game, you can't make a complex game.

You play as a monster killing adventurers. You can absorb their souls to add abilities to your character (think blue mage from Final Fantasy). Make it only one party member. Come up with an interesting setting.

Did you already update your demo or am I good to go with the link from the last thread?

>think blue mage from Final Fantasy
or just Alucard from Castlevania?

>Hire random people for voice acting.
>What if I just do all the voice acting?
Voice acting...interesting.
Even if I got voice acting only for the animated scenes it would skyrocket my games quality to a professional level.

>voice acting
But should it be comically bad, or actually trying and making it bad?

Depends on your game, I want it bad-ass.

WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT
Post your progress.

Oh you're the DBZ guy. Nice Namek and Krillin.
I also gave you those company ideas

Oh yeah, I appreciate your help!
I still need to make a library. Might need some DBZ influence....

This was meant for

Arise my minions

Pitch me your story

Who's the most annoying RPGM youtuber and why is it Echo?
>making rpgm games for 10+ years
>not one successful game
>art still dogshit
>super annoying voice
>can't get to the point
>95% of the videos is usually gibberish self talk without any points or helpful observations being made
God, she sucks so bad.

god dammit i've been saying this for weeks

You can play it now if you want, the fixes going into the new link are pretty minuscule. Just don't upgrade agility or luck and you prob wont even notice.

Fantasy commies hack into dragons using them as shock troops against the rest of the world.

MC and co. are hired murderhobos who go on adventures and shit while everything else is going on.

Oh and this is the newfag from yesterday who asked for help. Currently working with the stock assets. When I feel enough content to reach a demo, or decide on an art direction though; I'll start retexturing the game. I do like pixel art because it's comfy. I would like it so that the player can make out details on the characters though.

On another note, is there a way to make it so that an event checks whether a player /doesn't/ have a weapon equipped? I tried looking it up, but the RPGMaker forum appears to be down and all the other results are for previous builds.

Are there any examples of VNs made in rpg maker? I kinda wanna make one but I don't wanna have to switch engines

>Fantasy commies hack into dragon
Thanks for the idea, that's dope!

There's a town you physically can't leave due to a mysterious magic surrounding it ,one day, an ordinary girl living there wakes up with a clock floating above her head that grants her limited time manipulation abilities.

Can beating two zones and 3 bosses be enough mileage for the MC and his new partner to share personal motivations and goals?

Sure

Does anyone here keep a portfolio of all their character sprites/designs?

Here's mine, anyway. I think I've improved over time.

I do keep every drawn piece and boy my beginnings were really bad.

May I see some of your character designs?

Just my humble opinion.

Check mark = Would Use
X = Garbage

I humbly decline

Do you guys ever remix or remaster any of your old music?

I decided to remix an old song of mine today

original song: soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/dark-kings-duel-original-shitty-midi-version
remaster: soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/dark-kings-duel

Oddly enough, most of the guys you gave a check to were my personal favorites. Huh.

Thanks for the input, man!

Far from the point where I start making music.

Dark Kings Duel has potential but is very inconsistent.

thank you for the feedback!

How do you get bands from Bandcamp let you use their music royalty free?
Do you need to do paperwork and contracts if they agree for you to use their music?

I don't exactly have a large "portfolio"

I like it. Very megaman.

whoops, that was the blurry version

well yes, I did just edit Gaia Armor; the posture is completely the same.

X has weird cousins

Noob question;
How do I move this map up the list?

On VX Ace, it always places the most recent one you dragged into the directory at the bottom.

This is very strange. It looks good in some places and others have pillow shading. Look at the feet, it looks incredible. Now look at the black shoulder pad, pillow shading. I think its is really good but consider making the more "flat" parts of the coloring job have additional depth like the feet.

Like I said, edited from something actually good. The feet look incredible because I didn't change very much from the original.

I'm guessing when you say pillow shading, you mean the the color is flat when it should have a gradient according the depth and light source?

It's not bad at all, it just needs to be consistent more than anything. By pillow shading I mean the darker edge around most of the flat colors. It makes it look outlined instead of shaded. Try to stick with 3 shades/hues per color. You want your highlights and shadows to show depth. By studying the feet you can see what I mean.

I'll uh, try to get on that when I figure out how to highlights.

I do that. Here is an old one from a game that is on the back burner at the moment.

A bunch of those are just edited Pokemon sprites, mang

You can see it right there on the foot. Imagine a ball being hit by light (as in this image). When a metal object is hit by light it reflects a lot back. It takes some getting used to, but as you do your pixel art you'll start to get the hang of it. I'm far from having a good grasp on it myself, but if you want to improve start thinking about these things as you work. It really makes colors pop.

>all stolen shit from other games
How do you sleep at night?

Gotta start somewhere bro. They'll get another pass or two when I get back to the project to change them up more.

>Pokemon edits everywhere.
Why borrow from one of the most popular games of all time? Pick something more obscure at least.

But what about matte colors, those shouldn't have highlights, right?

I'm not that experienced but I'd think there is still way to show texture or depth using hue shifting or gradients. It really depends on what you're trying to achieve. I was just commenting on light reflection being kinda necessary on a metal robot character (especially if it already has some in the image).

Is this enough content for an RPG?

7 main town-dungeons
9 dungeons
20+ bosses

This is your world user, your RPG can have as much content as you like

An RPG can be 30 mins long or 90 hours. It's your game. Don't limit yourself. I'd love to play a game with the content you described.

Plenty if the story is any good.

The only one i kept

I'm mostly concerned that it might turn out too short as I'm trying not to tall into the long empty game trap.
If I'd have the time and manpower, I'd definitely build something huge, but I don't, so if I want everything to turn out in the quality I imagined, I have to make sacrifices.
>Plenty if the story is any good.
I hope it will turn out good, I've created the world and the state it is first, then the main characters and now I am basically letting them dictate how the story will turn out.
So far I am only sure in the first part of the game with will feature; begging town "PE" -> short forest path -> dungeon -> shorter path -> dungeon/town "K"
In this part the player is supposed to fight 5 bosses.
Looks great, how did that cell style work out for you?

I'm torn between a clean and pixel art look.

If you're making completely custom assets your idea will probably take you at least a year, it would take me two because I'm slow =(.

New version is up with some bug fixes. Spread this one around if you want! Lemme know what you think.

dropbox.com/s/8u2t6pfmgzur65g/The Long Road.zip?dl=0

I'm doing everything from scratch and I will also attempt to incorporate animation.
As I work only in the summer so I currently have around 5-6 months to completely dedicate to this project.

My goal for this month is to have a map with all the locations, and simplistic version of the story done.

I admire you for doing everything from scratch. Your ideas to do animation, though hard to pull off, will help set you apart and I think it's a great idea. 5-6 months is more than enough time to get most of it done. I wish you the best of luck, if you need any help or have questions just ask!

I'm way too tired and didn't even work on my game so I'm doing to this repent.
Or something.

Nice, we have a little animated sequence which loops before we get to new game.
Mind sharing how you did that?

After he leaves the first screen however he starts to "vibrate" but I'm way too lazy to create a webm now.
Also something break because it doesn't loop anymore, the music is silent and the two cats simply stay there.

With there I mean here.
I also suggest moving the menu a little bit down because the name of the game conceals a little of it.
Anyway, let's start

Oh fuck
What should our name be?

Silly me, there can only be one name

Not sure if the choices to something.
Let's be honest, though.

This text adventure has some nice music, I must admit.

Does my waifu count?
I think so.

After talking with god we find ourselves in a car ride and something tells me and something tells me this will not end well.

Well, it's pretty clear what is going to happen by now.
My cat actually reacts to the miaowing.

It was all a dream and we were awoken by this cute cat.
I'm really liking the art style.

I get the feeling I shouldn't use /rpgmg/ again.
Give me a name, lads.

Nero

>Nice, we have a little animated sequence which loops before we get to new game.Mind sharing how you did that?
Lots of events running at the same time. One controls the camera, another controls the movement of the characters. I have a plugin that enables events before the "start" of the game should take place. The title screen is never called. The entire intro you see is on a map with events, though there is nothing you can control. If you get a player stuck in a loop of events, you can make a lot of interesting things.

>After he leaves the first screen however he starts to "vibrate"
The vibrating is due to errors in the camera plugin, will fix before final version.

>Also something break because it doesn't loop anymore, the music is silent and the two cats simply stay there.
This was done today, I didn't test it as much as I should have. I'll fix it up for the next release. It's a pretty minor thing for a demo, so I hope this is alright.

>Not sure if the choices to something.
They most certainly do :)

>My cat actually reacts to the miaowing.
My cat made the meowing :) My cat is talking to your cat! (I wonder what they are saying)

>It was all a dream
Was it?

>I'm really liking the art style.
Thank you, that first room will be fixed up a bit before the final release of the game. It is the oldest work in the game and I'm not too proud of it. If you like that you'll probably like the rest of the game more.

>I get the feeling I shouldn't use /rpgmg/ again.
Give me a name, lads.
The double naming thing should confuse you. It's hard to explain, but it will make sense at the end of the final game.

The emperor who burned down Rome it is then.

>My cat made the meowing :) My cat is talking to your cat! (I wonder what they are saying)
Aw, that's cute.

Turns out it was no dream after all.
Our new friend shows us around and we can inspect stuff and even get exp from it!

>Get told not to jump on the couch
>Immediately do it
I'm such a madman

Curse my little paws.
We inspected a few things and got a few exp for it.

Time to battle against a mighty foe.

And this is what happens if you miss.
This game is pretty hardcore.