I need a credit card should I get a VISA Gold or an regular american express?

I need a credit card should I get a VISA Gold or an regular american express?
I get the VISA Gold for 30 Euro a year.
AMEX costs 75 Euro

> paying for a credit card

>paying an annual fee

Nice cuck fetish

Palladium Card

I'm sure there's a few with that may be worth an annual fee (and that depends if your savings is greater than the fee, if not what's the point) but overall no. I don't know how it is in Eurocuck, but in America there's lots of no annual fee with great rewards.

This is all assuming you are responsible and pay your card in FULL month to month.

there are some free credit cards in my country but the banks that offer them are shady as fuck

free cards have shit rewards or none here tho

I use all three major credit card brands for business.

Visa and Mastercard usually have slightly lower fees and are good for domestic purchases from trusted vendors.

American Express has a far superior purchase insurance program. If you are buying over seas (particularly China) or from a new vendor you are not sure is trustworthy, you can get your money returned far, far easier with amex.

If you are just a wage cuck who cant pay his bills, stick with debit or cash. If you do anything but pay off the credit card in full every month, you will end up paying the bank CEO's bonus at the cost of your own financial well being.

nice

Any negatives to closing a card when the 0% APR period ends, looking to take advantage of the "buy x worth in first month get $ x back stuff"

Technically no, but there are no positives either.

How can their be no positives of getting back $150 for spending $500 or something with he amount of work it takes to close a card and open a new one?

I mean there are no positives to closing an account, other than reducing your exposure. You might as well just leave the damn thing open. If there's a fee, PC it to one with no fee.

i have an idea...
what if i get a 0% apr card, and use it you know to spend a predetermined amount. and the same amount i pay down to my student loans which is 3.75%, and instead of paying the student loan i pay back the 0% interest card...

could that work?

I did that.

It will help with your credit for a very slim 1 month window.

Buy whatever car you want during that month.

no i saw some cards with some promotional 18 month 0% apr if specific conditions are met stuff...
1 month is not gonna cut it. i can eliminate the student loan in a year or so, so i need a longer grace period than a month.

That's literally the idea behind a balance transfer card.

HOWEVER most balance transfers have a 3% fee. You'll need the Chase Slate, which is one of the only balance transfer cards with no fee, to save any money.

If you don't already have a solid and secure financial foundation, including a budget, then you need to steer away from ANY credit card. You're just asking for a world of hurt.

I also need one OP, but I am deathly afraid of debt.

I drive 98 honda civic I won in a bet that Trump would win and I live in a home I inherited from my uncle, who recently passed away of lyme disease.

Can someone introduce me to the concept of ccs and how to get the best gains from them without the fucking me later on?

Absolutely, and this advice comes from over a decade of experience - don't do it. You're deathly afraid of debt? Excellent. You're more mentally sound than most people these days. Get on a budget and don't spend more than you make, it's really that simple.

What are the best annual fee credit cards?

Alright thanks man. My parents have been bugging me since theyre saying that I'm going to be disappointed when I wont have any credit built up later on. I can see the concern. In case I want to move or buy a "real car" i'll get turned down because lol no credit.

Only thing you'll ever need credit for is to buy a house. It's not a bad thing to have a credit card, as long as you budget your expenses and pay it off IN FULL every time.To the uninitiated, credit cards seem like free money and it is far from that. If you don't have a budget in place and include purchases on your credit card in it, then stay away. If you have excellent financial control and self-discipline, it's not a bad thing in itself.

well budget and remembering dead lines is enough really. you should always have the amount you spend with a cc ready on your account and you will be fine. it's like spending cash except with rewards.

of course it's actually a dead weight on the consumers neck when you consider the big picture. the cc rewards come from the charge on vendors which will be built into the prices based on prevalence of cc use. if everyone uses cc everything is more expensive you only get back part of that extra you pay with cashback. thanks visa!

Yeah, it is a deadweight, but 100% of businesses have already built prices in assuming it's going to be charged. You don't get a discount for using cash(although I've seen that at a couple gas stations). Being that they're built it, it would actually be financially stupid to pay for anything in cash. The way I view it, is that it's a way to getting a small slice back on that premium. I personally make use of the Bank of America "321" card, where I get $30 a month back just for spending normally. Pay it every month, never spent a dime on interest.