Hello o/o

hello o/o
for the very first time i fell asleep at the wheel
it was this morning and only at a light but damn it was kinda scary
i tried playing loud music, autistically screaming, and taking sips of water in my car to keep me awake but none of that ended up working

how does Veeky Forums make it through those morning commutes without passing out?

Microsleeps are common on longer trips, luckily for me my subconscious inner driver is autisticly good at being an autopilot.

I'm also good at smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee at gas stations.

This never happened to me on my day to day commutes though, go to sleep earlier.

Pull over somewhere and close your eyes for 30 minutes. Even if you don't actually fall asleep during that time, it recharges you a bit and you'll be able to carry on for a bit longer.

Of course, if you do actually fall asleep during that time, you might be out longer than you wanted, but at least you'll wake up ready to go again.

And don't drink coffee to try and stay awake. Coffee is great for enhancing an energized state (like when you first wake up, or sometime in the afternoon) but it's garbage at bringing you back up from an exhausted one (you just wind up doing things at tired tier much faster). Trouble is, the half-life of caffeine in the bloodstream is quite a long time. You might not be able to sleep easily if you drink it to stay awake when you're already tired.

Blast cold air, usually works for me

First off: Dva pls stop boner.

Second off: If its cold, I put ALL the windows down and open the sunroof. If it's warm out, I try to make a few stops and stretch my legs and get the blood flowing by walking around. It's not perfect but it helps.

I've fell asleep quite a few many times. I have a few stories of close calls and once I hit someone if anyone wants to hear because of being too tired while driving. I've learned to not drive if I'm sleep or make sure I'm not going to be tired.

Have at least eight hours of sleep every night.

o/o

o\o

>8 hours
Damn dog, I haven't gotten 8 hours of sleep a night in years.

o|o

energy drinks.

i buy 4 crates of relentless apple & kiwi at costco every 4 months. at this point i think if i stop drinking them my body will shut down.

I'm a shitty student so I end up staying up late, I'll work on that though. I don't want to die going 60 and crashing into an suv or something

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of coffee in general

You've become dependent on them and should probably stop drinking them.

Wake up earlier. Shower in the morning. Eat before you leave.

If I showered at night and woke up 20 minutes before I left for work my car would be in a ditch. Average 4hrs a night of sleep btw.

that D.va is not thicc like in the gay. this girl looks like a mouse

I scream autistically as well, slapping my face. Excessive speeding to cutoff

It helps to eat a snack like an apple, or even a slice of white bread.
Take a 30 minute nap somewhere.

I would appreciate it if you don't crash into me while you're sleeping.

>no plastic 2.5D korean gf

but did you feel asleep?

cafiene and cocaine
>weibo

that's a chink

Priorities nigga

Open the windows

I once stayed awake for 120 hours, and had to ride my bike all around. Near the 110 hour mark, I was on the freeway, and had a microsleep. Spaced out for a second, next thing I knew, I was a good half a mile further than I remembered. Was scary shit, never happened again though. Then again, I never stayed up more than a few days tops ever again either.

I did. I even got a boner to see if it would help me stay awake (it didn't). I woke up to the car behind me honking

Well it's time to go home now. Still exhausted as fuck. I hope the traffic isn't as bad as it was this morning. Wish me luck br/o/s.

Energy Drinks are So edgy they're cringe

From experience, DO NOT drink a 5 hour energy shot if you're already tired to stay awake driving...

... you start seeing things...

... things jumping out in front of the car...

... things that aren't actually there.

slapping myself in the face usually helps short term

if im drowsy as fuck and have an hour or more to drive, ill pull over to a gas station, set my alarm to 20 minutes, and take a power nap

post more 3d d.va

>wet willie myself
Wakes me up every time

I'll need to try this next time

Got home fine but I think I'll take the bus for a few days, catch up on my sleep.

I don't have this problem, but I do have problems with not feeling any more awake, but being unable to sleep when I get somewhere to stop. I've gotten the point where I'm entirely unable to function and can't even dick around on my phone or even talk, and I still can't sleep. It's beyond awful.

Sing loudly or slap yourself before you wreck yourself. I fell asleep at a stoplight when i was 19. It was for like two seconds but I was driving the autotragic back then luckily my foot was firmly on the brake. It was then I decided that staying up til 4 am with sluts and going to school would only work for so long and nobody gave a fuck about it

Fucking this - it gets scary when you start zoning out into lala land for a second at a time in the middle a pack of cars going down the freeway.

I fell asleep doing about 75mph..... at a slight bend in the highway. I didn't open my eyes until my tires got on the grass. Pulled slowly about 30 degrees to the left. Front tires got back on the shoulder but rear tires had no traction. Did a 180 and skid across 4 lanes of traffic FACING oncoming traffic and even locked eyes with a driver coming right at me. Safely stopped about half a foot from the CENTER median. Never again have I driven remotely tired. If I have to, I just chug a Pepsi.

>how does Veeky Forums make it through those morning commutes without passing out?
It's why people take coffee in the morning if they didn't get enough sleep. Coffee is cheap and it works.

Now, you can be part of the group that says they hate coffee, will not get enough sleep, and refuse to be late to work. Okay, you can always box yourself in with unrealistic requirements.

You can set the air to have a slight amount of cool air blow on your face.

Set your radio to "talk radio" onto some channel whose topics keep you awake.

If you have some stupid gay requirement such as the car must be "comfy", then go wreck yourself. Too many people want a car so "comfy" they can fall asleep in it. Okay, that's what they get - a sleepmobile.

Make sure you have auto insurance for when you wreck.

who came to this thread exclusively for d.va?

Even if I have nothing to do, I don't sleep more than 6.5 hours

>how does Veeky Forums make it through those morning commutes without passing out?

I regularly have 2-3 hour morning and evening commutes.

I just put some music on, heater not too warm and redbull/moster like my life depends on it.

I get 6 hours of sleep and don't eat a giant meal before I leave in the car. Instead of doing too many chores before I go to sleep, I will wake up and do some chores then. That time spent moving around helps wake me up further and improves my coordination on the road too. I seem more awake than if I simply get up, shower, and go to work.

I do my eating after I get to work. In fact, many coworkers do the same. Besides, the company cafeteria has decent breakfast food.

>i fell asleep at the wheel
You did an all nighter (or close to it), so what do you expect? If you're tired to start, eating food will make you even sleepier due to digestion. This is why lots of old people like to follow up a meal with coffee so they don't get too sleepy from digestion. I know because both my grandmother and grandfather told me that. They drank coffee after eating. I asked why and they said now that they are older, they get more sleepy after eating.

Tfw 27 and getting sleepy after a meal for 3 yrs..

The only time it happened, I pulled over and did some exercises. Get the blood flowing and all that

you're not a real Veeky Forumstard if this hasn't happened to you at one point.

This happened to me about an hour away from home 2 nights ago, I freaked out

I was on the highway and should've just pulled over into bumfuck and slept

im in the same place youre at except i did blow it and totaled my car

please dont be me

energy drinks, sleeping, waking around, anything dude seriously

>for the very first time i fell asleep at the wheel
Then don't do what you did to make yourself sleepy at the wheel. If you keep getting sleepy, it's only a matter of time before you get an accident. Because statistics.

If I anticipate being tired behind the wheel, I will bring coffee with me. Or you can get those "no doze" type caffeine tablets at the discount store.

A lot of people tell me they rub their dick on long drives to keep themselves awake. Not even joking

In winter, open the windows. Otherwise max A/C. Slap your cheek as hard as you can. Repeat once it stops stinging. Go to sleep earlier.

But then I'll feel like fapping.

Ayy

Try chewing gum m8. Always works for me.

t. truck driver

It's a shame so many of the interstate freeway rest stops (usa) have been closed. I remember when I would pass by three rest stops in a 150 mile drive. But now there is only one rest stop still open and they even removed most of the existence of the previous rest stops except for clumps of trees.

I guess the powers that be expect me to take detours to the towns along the way instead of using rest stops.

wut

this

I almost crashed the company's van.
Just fucking stop. It's not worth it.

Still not as bad as Canada fuck that noise i drove through Sasq to Bc and there was literally 2 rest stops and it wasn't evsn announced on a sign or something like they have in the states, IE "REST STOP IN 50 MILES LAST REST STOP FOR 120 MILES" fucking awful

Feel asleep at the wheel coming back from girlfriend's house at like 9:30. Dropped into a cornfield, hit a fire hydrant and threw it like 200 feet, ramped into someone's front yard over the driveway into a tree mid air that fell on top of the car. I do a lot of driving to and from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse but if I get drowsy I stop at the rest areas and take a nap. Never doing that shit again.

The only reason.