/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Back in your hole:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/528057
youtu.be/GPw4cQtceaM?t=160
youtu.be/y3p7Naaq0xo?t=283
youtube.com/watch?v=WH99gVlU3Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=nAtm1kGOQ4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*cough*thisdlcwillsuck*cough*

What's the best pure str weapon in DaS? I wanna try out that madman 50/50 dark sorcerer build the dude in the last thread mentioned.

OUR BOY
U
R

B
O
Y

Great club with hornet ring

Yeah it most likely will, and we'll be pissed off when it completely ignores questions we've had with the lore since DaS1 to finish the insignificant loli dragon-girl painter plot.

but we'll buy it anyway.

Mary Suelyvahn

Why do I always post things right when the thread dies?

Oh God I want to fuck painter's feet

It is mentioned in the opening that the Pilgrims of Londor are traveling north specifically to Lothric, where all of the lands of the Lords converge because of the legend of the Ash that will arise when the Lords abandon their thrones. Lothric knows all about the legend. So Londor is implied to be south of Lothric, exists on the same plane, which would also mean it's not at the Dreg Heap. It's clear their purpose there is simply to die, which will cause them to turn either into Pilgrim Butterflies, or into Angels. Why would Londor send Pilgrim Butterflies and Angels to Londor? Why do the Pilgrims seek to help the Ashen One, only for their transformed state to want to kill the Ashen One? What the hell do the Butterflies and Angels even DO?

man serpent greatsword
it's like the only pvp-viable str weapon in ds1 aside from great club

HEXERS FINALLY GET SPELLS
HEXERS FINALLY GET CATALYSTS
THE DARK WILL RISE

-Londor knows about the legend*
-Send them to Lothric*

I'm tired.

>yfw snake soul makes Great Dentures

>What the hell do the Butterflies and Angels even DO?

Control heaps of discarded armor and shoot energy bolts at things that aren't butterflies and angels.

>Hexers get a staff
For what purpose?

>literally born in a painting
>literally someone's oc come to life

>SotFS servers are still down

inb4 the new deep spell is just a clone of deep soul with slightly more damage
inb4 the new deep catalyst is barely an upgrade over the shitty izalith catalyst
inb4 that one spell and casting tool are literally all hexers get while we get yet another deluge of overpowered pyro gear

Izalith Staff has Aint/Cfth scaling.

It's kinda shit.

Why is the pope the most based character in DaS3?

>fucks gwyndolins boi pussy
>aldrichs right hand man
>probably fucked painter girl too because hes a boss
>hes a dope af magic man
>TWO fuckhuge swords
>has a stand and wings
>has a whole city under his control
>spared yhorska from aldrich so hes a cool dude

Truly /OUR/ guy

Just getting back into 3 after leaving a while after launch, did AoA shed some new light on him that makes people like him? I remember everyone calling him the evilest fucker around back then, there was even a pasta IIRC.

>tfw another user post our boy instead of me

Keep going for O U R B O Y

How are they going to make someone like Frampt, an oversize teethed snake thing with some sort of floppy mustache who likes to sleep a lot into an epic boss when he had lines such as:

>Hraaaoogggh!
>… Hm? No, no, I'm fine, I'm fine. Well and wide awake! Do not treat me like an old withering snake.

But it has great damage with dark spells at 30/30. Wish affinity didn't have a 32 int requirement.

They will tie snakes to the Angel, obviously.

>DaS3
>invaded so much tonight my weapon durability is now halved

Read the steam topic about it. It will "eventually" come back alive.

BASED
A
S
E
D

POPE
O
P
E

Is this where we post our bad webms?post your fucking webms!

can someone explain why i'm getting no proofs for killing dark spirits when i'm summoned as a blueberry?

The gods frown upon blueberries.

are you sure you are darkmoon covenant?

You want bad? I'll give you bad.

Bad quality, bad gameplay, I'm bad.

the worst one I got right here

H U S B A N D O
U
S
B
A
N
D
O

do blue sentinels don't get proofs?

No, just Dorkmoons.

>pvp
>das1

>decide to fight every boss in NG+ without any summons
>Pontiff sulyvahn keeps planting his greatswords in my ass
Is this when I'm supposed to git gud?

holy shit
it's okay, I've done worse

Gwyndolin is dead, so are the bluberries.

Based Pope.

Yes
Parry him

Well that's just patently false.

>50/50 str int
>+15 great club
>manus catalyst
>crystal magic weapon
>1056 AR

I like this
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/528057

>But it has great damage with dark spells at 30/30.
Nigga my build is 40/40 and they're shit. Dark edge does 555 and affinity does like 700 maybe? Which you could say is good damage but its not enough to be worth it since you can't hit anything. ANYTHING.

ALL OF THEM

ARE

SLOW

AS

SHIT

They could at least give dark edge some HA.

>tfw you're looking forward to DLC2 just because you've never been around /dsg/ right around the time a souls dlc came out

>inb4 the new deep spell is just a clone of deep soul with slightly more damage
>Great Soul Dregs
>A sorcery that fires great dark soul dregs that have stewed for ages, far within the deep.
>This sorcery is the highest form of Deep Soul
>Some of the murkmen who rise from the depths are possessed by soul dregs, which have a grave likeness to the human form

Based on that last sentence, it's for sure the giant humanity ghost in that webm.

>some murkmen are possessed by soul dregs
>soul dregs resemble the human form
>that deep ghost resembles the human form
>this is a spell that casts soul dregs, which are the humanity-like things possessing some murkmen

>inb4 the new deep catalyst is barely an upgrade over the shitty izalith catalyst
God, I hope not. I hope it's at least B/B scaling. The chime and talisman are both A/A, but dark miracles are utter trash.

>inb4 that one spell and casting tool are literally all hexers get while we get yet another deluge of overpowered pyro gear
There's also a murkman sickle thing, which is alright, I guess.

Hexers are pyros too, so I wouldn't mind overmuch.

I wish they didn't remove greatlances from DaS3.
It was fun to build a wall with my democrats friends and keep the filth out.

I'm betting the staff will be this game's equivalent to the black witch staff, and cast everything but pyros

should i be getting last hits on invaders to get the item or was my game blesses with a bug?

let me spoil it for you: /dsg/ is even more shit during that time than it usually is

>But it has great damage with dark spells at 30/30
>great damage
>great

At 45/45 (the actual softcap for IS) it gets 50 more damage on dark spells than a Court Sorcerer Staff with 60int. And that's without considering that dark spells are inherently weaker than anything else sorcery gets. There is no dark equivalent of Crystal Soul Spear. GDS is a GSA, but sorcery has GHSA too.

Dark needs a buff because normal sorcery and miracles are strictly better than the dark ones, and pyromancy uses the same stat spread and just outright obviates it.

As bad as Luci is at least he uses a dark souls picture for the general op

It's awfully specific about casting dark sorceries, so probably not.

We've only seen half the DLC so far though, plenty of time to squeeze something else in.

As long as dark is stuck juggling casting tools they'll never be good.

That statement is based on the assumption that a dark caster necessarily needs to cast from more than one school.

If a dark sorcerer uses Great Deep Soul, Dark Edge, Affinity, and that new spell in the webm, that's four different spells with different uses. That'd be four slots (or five if GSD uses two slots) devoted to dark sorceries. There isn't room for another catalyst in that spell list, nor is there need for one.

>a curved sword that casts pyros
Pyromancy wins again.

where is this? i could swear i've never seen this zone

>trying to turn this back into Lucy Gen

Out of the three magics which is the best?

It's the undead arena. You need to beat a DLC boss to get access to it.

You forgot
>a pyro version of farron flashsword
That curved sword is also going to swing like a straight sword. It literally can't stop winning.

>the best miracle is Lightning Urns
lmaoing at you faith cucks

Pyromancy by far.

Pyromancy, like always.

Miracles.

I can't decide on the best, but I can most definitely say that sorcery is the worst.

pyro for high investment, miracles for low investment, sorc for fun catalysts

All the current dark sorceries are awful anyway. If there isn't a balance patch along with GSD then GSD will be the only good one. Assuming even it will be good.

Just make them faster and give dark edge HA. Please!

Pyro
It's not even a contest

Sorcery is shit outside of its nukes. It has useful gimmick spells but their damage isn't high enough to be a big deal

Miracles are a joke. Literally the only value to a miracle build is that you can poisecast great heal in the arena to be a shitter.

That depends, do you wanna hit stuff? If you do then pyros. Enjoy your single fast fireball spell people still roll away from.

>pyro for high investment

I'm doing a pyro run at 20/20 with Fire Clutch, Witch's and Great Swamp and melting everything at endgame, is it really that much better at 40/40+?

>tfw shooting people off bridges in corvian settlement all day

Mytha pre-transformation?

step on me
>mfw they probably had the "ohohohoho" laugh

Nope, some bitch from Demon's Souls

Original Gwyndolin

Cutting Floor Room time?

Why do you start so many fucking games and get like 3 trophies and stop?

Dark Edge would be too much with hyperarmor. It has almost three times the range of Black Flame and can be free aimed during its casting animation. It's perfect as is.

GDS doesn't need to be faster, it's already the second top spam spell in the game after BS. Some pure Int builds even use it to pressure people and force rolls. It needs a buff even less than Dark Edge does.

Affinity is the one with all the problems, and causing all the problems. It's supposed to be dark's pressure and setup spell, but the homing is utter shite to the point that people can walk around it. Lacking a good setup/pressure spell, dark can't do anything else with the two other decent spells it does have. Affinity needs homing on par with Black Serpent, or at least as good as it was in DaS1/2. The slow flight speed is fine, and combined with homing would make it even more effective.

The new spell looks like it's supposed to be Soul Spear, which would at least patch up dark's biggest problem: their lack of nukes. If the spell is just dark Soul Spear, that plus an Affinity homing buff is literally all they need.

Honestly though, the dark miracles are way worse and need more than just a buff. Dead Again is literally unusable, despite clearly being meant to fill the same role as Affinity.

ADD is suffering

>An unidentified character, believed to be the "Filthy One" referenced in the text dump. Her model name translates to "Wandering daemon (unclean)", and she is set to load in the first and second areas of the Broken Archstone map. She wields a serpent staff, and is covered in insects.
Video demonstration of model and animations youtu.be/GPw4cQtceaM?t=160

"Dark Souls 2 "Service Not Available""

Everytime I try to logon to play the game. Anyone else get that?

Wow, that actually sounds kind of interesting.

>sorc for fun catalysts
>implying casting bugs with your waifu's hair isn't fun

Don't give dark edge HA, that's silly. No sorcery should have HA, period. Especially not when the only gimmick miracles have is poisecasting. Innate poisecasting for free on a sorcery would be a slap in the face.

Here are the changes Dark needs:

Dark Blade - properly scale with both int and faith

Deep Soul/Great Deep Soul - Greatly improve tracking, especially in close range.

Affinity - increase damage and projectile lifetime

Dark Edge - increase damage

Gnaw/Dorhys' Gnawing - boost casting speed and add real tracking

Dead Again - allow invaders to use it on corpses without requiring a seed

And I'm leaving Lifehunt Scythe for last because it needs literally fucking everything: More damage, more reach, more cast speed, more lifesteal, less recovery, less FP cost, etc.
If you notice, there's a recurring theme among dark spells in-concept that doesn't quite pan out in reality. Most dark spells have long casting times and claim to have some degree of aggressive tracking (or other gimmick to make them difficult to avoid) on top of being powerful. This gives them a sort of on-paper identity as the ranged danger that's a big threat as long as they can get their spells off, but vulnerable under pressure where they don't have enough breathing room. In reality, Gnaw and Dorhys' Gnawing have NO tracking when cast by a player, not even a little. They're straight-line spells that miss against a slowly strafing enemy and thus useless against anything other than cheesing large, slow and bleed-vulnerable bosses like Dancer. Deep Soul and GDS describe their tracking as being a defining feature of their spell tree, but they use the exact same tracking behaviour as soul arrows. In fact, they cost about the same stamina and FP as soul arrows and have the same casting animation. Their only real difference is that the projectile moves slower initially (and builds up speed over distance) and deals dark damage. That "seeking" property of their identity is missing.

its dead, they took the servers down last night

youtu.be/y3p7Naaq0xo?t=283

There was also a video that showed a Young Witch Beatrice, but it was taken down and I can't find it anywhere else

young beatrice has voice clips (just being attacked and dying) if you find the sound file dump too

Can only find this

youtube.com/watch?v=WH99gVlU3Ns

>Deep Soul/Great Deep Soul - Greatly improve tracking, especially in close range
It doesn't need to be a better affinity, that's what affinity is for. It's a spam spell that also forces a roll.

>Affinity - increase damage and projectile lifetime
Projectile lifetime doesn't matter if its homing is so bad people don't even need to dodge. It needs a homing buff more than anything else.

>Gnaw/Dorhys' Gnawing - boost casting speed and add real tracking
For a spell that can be poisecast and racks up 210 bleed per hit, it really doesn't need a casting speed increase. It could use a slower flight speed and better homing, though. Side note, they aren't straight line spells and do have minor homing on par with soul arrows, they just fly so fast you hardly notice it.

Everything else is about right, though.

Dead Again needs its DaSII damage back. It's already a situational as fuck spell. I don't see why they thought it needed to be toned down.

>there a loli grunts and moans waiting for anyone who wants them enough to go looking
thank you FROM

why is split damage bad again?

youtube.com/watch?v=nAtm1kGOQ4w

Don't get too excited, I don't think anyone has even found audio for loli emerald herald

Reduced by two defenses instead of one.

Though technically, its actual problem is that the AR of each damage type is low, in a game where defense works off an inverse proportion.