*slaps your gt86's ass*

*slaps your gt86's ass*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aSja7Hu6Xdw
youtube.com/watch?v=CLQb0y6FgCg
autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/yaris/97360/toyota-yaris-grmn-hot-hatch-makes-2017-geneva-show-debut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post spec sheet OP, if this is true...

First footage of the model in the metal from the Geneva convention that started today

youtube.com/watch?v=aSja7Hu6Xdw

No idea what he's saying.

Makes me wish I didn't get a Fiesta ST. I love it but

200hp < 210hp
1.6 turbo < 1.8 supercharged
Less weight
3 doors
Toyota reliability

Probably less torque but the ST has way more torque than FWD can use

>Yaris gets forced induction GT86 doesn't

Promising specs, it's so ugly though.

same man I drive an ST as well, I think the yaris looks ugly af though. But I think after my ST I'm gonna look into one

>Toyota reliability

This is the key thing for me.

I LOVE the Fiat 500 Abarth, but I can't be having Tony fixing my shit everyday. The new Fiesta ST looks good too, but Ford's reliability isn't exactly confidence inspiring either.

If Honda Made a tarbo Fit SI I'd spring for that in a heartbeat, but unfortunately they're fucking gay.

Yeah it is. It's growing on me though, at least.

The ST came out in 2013. You should really be comparing it against the newer model that's going to be released.

I'd still bet on the Toyota winning though.

There hasn't been very many reported problems with the FiST.

>this dumb nigger thinks that fwd is superior to rwd

i'd rather have a gt86 with 12 wheel horsepower than literally anything with front wheel drive

>3 cylinders

Nope

that image describes your post perfectly

Ok

>GUYS WE SHOULD PUT AN ECONOMY CAR DRIVETRAIN INTO SOMETHING & ADVERTISE IT AS """""SPORTY"""""
>WHY SHOULD WE SPEND EXTRA MONEY ON A SUPERIOR DRIVETRAIN LAYOUT WHEN FUCKING RETARDS WILL BUY IT ANYWAYS

Because they'll spend even more money for a worse engine just to have RWD.

t. no torks gt86babby

*slides finger into your Subaru's ass*

youtube.com/watch?v=CLQb0y6FgCg

>all those angry bee and popping noises

UNNNF

>slowbaru cuckholds are getting triggered yet again by fwd funposter

top kek

Irrelevant discussion since its a GRMN model; meaning it will be produced in +/- 100 examples and you will never see one in the flesh.

They also made the 320hp GT86 that you will also never see.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING SPECS

WHERE IS THE FUCKING PRICE

FUCK YOU TOYOTA

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU

>Toyota sources say the Yaris GRMN will complete the 0-62mph sprint in around six seconds; that would be slightly quicker than Ford’s newly revealed three-cylinder Fiesta ST.
>The company has confirmed that its 1.8-litre four-cylinder engine will have more than 205bhp

Also the GT86 gets completely and utterly cucked even further:

>The Yaris GRMN will be offered in three-door form only. It gets 17in BBS multi-spoke alloy wheels and a black rear spoiler mounted at the top end of its rear hatch. The cabin will feature sports seats and the same leather-clad steering wheel as the Toyota GT 86.
>GT 86 project leader takes control of Yaris GRMN project
Toyota has reorganised its performance car engineering set-up in preparation for the hot Yaris, switching the man responsible for the GT 86 sports car to its GAZOO Racing sub-brand, which will oversee development.

autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/yaris/97360/toyota-yaris-grmn-hot-hatch-makes-2017-geneva-show-debut

like the other user said, there's only gonna be around 100 of these sold only in Japan so it's pretty stupid to continue hyping up the car
>inb4 toyobaru owner
I drive an ST

Looks good from certain angles.

They already confirmed Europe and Japan, don't know where you read that. US is probably next, and they haven't said anything about production numbers, but they're treating it like a high-volume car.

I was comparing it the the GT86 GRMN which only had 100 produced and was exclusive to Japan. And knowing them they won't release to us in the US because we never get anything good

>US is probably next

They're planning to go global soon, so that's more or less guaranteed.

GT86 GRMN was always treated as a concept and never got a Euro release, let alone this kind of media coverage and talk of going global.

no specs released yet, but rumors say it's getting a 210 HP supercharged 1.8L 2ZR engine from the Lotus Elise.

Ah okay
fuck if I could find a friend who bought this, I'd finally have someone in the same hp bracket as me to race with and it be an equal match up

Toyota confirmed today it's over 205hp at the very least, and 1.8l. I'm guessing the 210 figure floating around is what they're aiming for.

>a retarded supercharged kei vehicle

Toyota could have made the GT86 a legendary rally car but they decide to go with a shoebox. Fuck this planet.

10/10 would make love to on the touge

desu it's nothing special unless they've fixed everything else wrong with the yaris
also the gazoo racing means jack shit outside of japan (and not much inside it either)

toyota have made hot starlets in the past and they never caught on like the rivals because toyota have a knack of making cars drive like sacks of shit - lots of power and reliable but the steering is dead, the gearshift feels like you're wanking off a tramp and the handling repertoire is varying degrees of understeer.

toyota's record on drivers cars is pretty dismal, chance are we're not missing out on much

>rwd
>rally car

>ford reliability

I had my blend door actuator go bad, was replaced under warranty with all my mods left on the vehicle. Other than that, tires, brakes and oil changes it's been a great vehicle for 30k miles.

*takes your steering wheel*

what's wrong with car designers these days

wow nothing broke in 30k miles, what a tank!

Just speaking from first hand experience m8, there's at least one example of one with 150,000+ miles and the same experience. No major recalls and have been nothing but totally reliable for your average experienced manual driver.

There's always a few cases of babby's first manual who take to the forums complaining about a bad clutch, but this is simply not the fault of the manufacturer.

If they've done 150k already then they're probably just driving at highway speeds constantly.
Not hard and not a real test of reliability.

just WHY the stupid lexus grill.

CAN YOU NOT PLS

You're not going to buy one anyway so why'd they care about your opinion?

Literally a 86 ad before that video
Can't make this shit up

That thing sounds so angry. I love it.

Wait, you guys honestly think America is going to get this car?

Keep holding your breath!

Dirtfish in Washington has a pretty slick BRZ, pic related. But if you're rallying AWD>FWD>RWD

owo

>Although successful GRMN performance models have previously been sold in Japan, the Yaris GRMN is the first to be marketed in Europe, on sale from early 2018.
>on sale from early 2018.
>early 2018
>early 2018
>early 2018
>2018

Isn't this Japan and Europe only anyway?

yoooo if my eyes aren't deceiving me those front calipers are the huge ass 4pots from the fucking Tacoma, of all things.

And those fuckers actually do a pretty admirable job of stopping a 4000 pound truck.

i just doubt the tacoma and yaris share caliper lug spacing

I'm going there this summer :)

>there's at least one example of one with 150,000+ miles and the same experience.

Sooo like a Kia but $10k more? Cool.

Will this Yaris be the actual successor to the Hajirogu?

no

I like the GT86 but can any new car really be a successor to a simple lightweight late 80s early 90s rwd coupe? The ae86 is overrated as fuck but no one is going to make something that size anymore. Might as well get a miata.

>Wait for Super Mecha Yaris to be released.
>Buy Super Mecha Yaris supercharger kit
>Attach to Corolla
>???
>Profit

So uh, since VW already has a Polo GTI and soon the new up! GTI, does this mean I can expect an aygo GRMN in a couple of years?

>this is how Lexus justifies their design choices after another customer goes to BMW

ty shoop user

they are already making a Corolla GTI that's turbocharged friend

Turbocharged Corolla iM when?

Just get the Lexus

which one? Still prefer the Corolla iM. And there is no Lexus equivalent.

Dirtfish is fucking awesome. If you decide to enroll make sure you talk to John Fleming. He's the sales manager and if you're not a total douche bag he's pretty good about giving discounts. If you call and do a last minute enrollment and there's openings left in a class you can usually get about 20% off.

Here's the inside of the facility.

>turbo corolla im/auris
please don't play with my feelings

im not it was in the last report about the yaris! they said it should make around 250 hp now those are just guesses but they weren't playing around

boom check it boy. I ain't playin

I'm predicting a variant of the current 8AR-FTS used in the Lexus NX CUV. currently, the 2.0L Turbo makes around 240 HP. Wouldn't take much to get it to 250 HP to do the job.

no probably not that difficult but it'll be for half the price of a Lexus which would be really nice

and it isn't like the enginie won't bolt into the current chassis. The Scion tC used the Corolla platform (with an IRS the Corolla didn't get) and used the 2.5L AR engine (I think the 2AR-FE), so you could probably swap one in easily using second gen Scion tC mounts

So is the S-FR totally dead now?

yuropoors rally'd the original 86 in group A

It looks so angry and retarded lul

da fuq

no its still on, that article I posted was about the S-FR they just included a little tid bit about the corolla

>yaris gets torque and gt86 doesn't

>1.8L SC making 210hp

A perfect engine for a new generation of MR2

I own an E46 M3 and a FiST, so RWD and FWD.

But boyos let me tell you, I'm starting to feel like it's time to sell both and get two new Toyota toys,

I must be insane.

It would probably cause a huge wave of benchracing shitposters on Veeky Forums
Would an I6 fit in a rear engined small coupe?

A V6, yes. An I5, probably. I6? Nope.

>Yaris crushes gt86 in every conceivable performance metic
>86 fags scream MUH RWD IS WORTH IT

Yaris can't drift tho

The final refuge of a desperate 86 fag

How am I desperate? The 86 makes plenty of power to compete

>Gets reked by a FiST

kek, so true!

Only if said FiST was cheating

>Gets demolished by a yaris

What if everything goes well, and this yaris comes to NA? I think toyota might be on to something here

Probably also because the Starlets GT Turbos and Glanzas were never sold in Europe, being Jap market only. Kinda glad of that otherwise they'd have had long years of being chav motors.

t.Starlet owner

samefag

If these get announced in the US I'm ordering one same day.

asshurt