Hey Veeky Forums i got a question for you gearheads

hey Veeky Forums i got a question for you gearheads

i was driving my boyfriend's 1990 Miata and was coming into an off ramp kinda hot. nothin unusual. i downshifted from 5th to 3rd and was holding about 4.5k rpm

well I noticed when I hit the throttle that the car was actually trying to go straight ahead instead of the direction I had the steering wheel turned

It was a very bizarre sensation. I had never experienced anything like this before.

Prior to this, I was running 205 summer tires but now I am running 185 all seasons.

In all honesty, the turn was not that extreme so this was a surprising sensation.

Was this understeer?

probably

Did you repeat the turn at the same speed to see if it happened again, and if it would happen in similar places at similar speeds?

hah queer

im a girl

>gril
>Veeky Forums
Sure sure

Sure you are buddy

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

>gearheads
do you mean edgy teenagers?
no gearheads to be found here

>boyfriend's miata
No. You're a man.

>

hah gay queer fag

Probably. Use your Goddamn brakes next time

can you betas just answer my question instead of dicking around with nonsense responses? fine! im a guy! you caught me! now is this understeer?

HAH GAYYYYYY

Gonna need to see some proof

It's oversteer.

>turn wheel
>car keeps going straight
What do you think? Why do you women not apply logic? Why are you in need of men to not only provide you with a car but with basic understanding of driving concepts.

You're obviously a bimbo, now post tits.

>boyfriend's Miata
>Miata
OP isn't a girl...

oh shit, you're right, my bad.

>girl
>Miata
Yeah, checks out

Plowing. It's the understeer equivalent of spinning. Normally understeer won't feel like you're failing to turn, you'll just notice that the car is taking a wider line than it should and feel a yawing sensation.

Thanks. Yeah, there was no sensation of 'going wide' or anything like that. The car was just simply going straight. If I let off the throttle, it would go in the correct direction. When I tapped the throttle, it wanted to go straight. I was sitting right in the power band too so I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Yeah yeah..

that's not understeer you idiots

if you let go of the wheel then the car would just straighten out, it's normal, whether you were on the gas or off of it

I don't think you understood correctly. I held the steering wheel turned the entire time. The only time the car actually followed the desired turn was when I wasn't on the throttle. If I touched the throttle AND still held the steering wheel in that same turned position, the car wanted to go straight ahead.

Post bread on hood or it didn't happen.

Wow, OP delivers. Now bread on face and we're done.