What are some /unhackable/ cars?

what are some /unhackable/ cars?

Go back /pol/

Anything made before 2005
Did you read the report or not

can't hack the snek

I read the report, but nothing in it was interesting or substantial, sadly.

Anything with a manual transmission mated to a carbureted 12v Cummins with a mechanical fuel pump and fixed fan. As long as you park at the top of a steep enough hill, you don't even need a starter, alternator, or battery.

Depends on how autistic you want to be about it.

Anything carbureted is pretty much god mode.

Closed circuit ECU controlled fuel injected systems are probably fine too but these are more vulnerable than carbs

Just get a horse so you can fuck it too.

Link? I can't seem to find it buried in all the shitty and unrelated news / screaming.

Thinking ECU's can be hacked to shut off the engine or something is "there are nano-bots inside you" tier. Would be more plausible on cars that are connected to the internet.

this desu

this

If we're talking about EFI systems, even post OBDII ones from the late 90's are pretty robust & you would need direct access to "hack" them.

Manual or traditional belt-driven power steering gives you full control of the steering. EPAS might be hackable.

Manual transmissions can not be hacked aside from minor fuckery like maybe being able to enable the skip-shift that locks out 2nd in the Corvette.

Cable throttles can not be hacked, though throttle by wire (which is most of modern cars) could theoretically be instructed to peg the throttle to max.

Brakes might be hack-able with traction control or ABS systems, either locking one wheel to "pull" the car in one direction, or lowering line pressure via the ABS solenoid.

So TL;DR a good un-hackable car would be an NA or NB Miata with a manual and no ABS, hilariously enough.

Fuck off retard. Nobody wants to "hack" your shitty transportation appliance. If you actually like cars buy something old.

>aside from minor fuckery like maybe being able to enable the skip-shift that locks out 2nd in the Corvette.
You can either tune this out or (I think) pull a fuse.

anything mid 00's or older.

Report has had all the interesting details removed.

Most people assume this is because wikileaks is giving companies time to patch the vulnerabilities before they drop it.

>implying the CIA wont sneak into your barn at night and train it to kill you.

Carburated no power steering godmode

You can't hack hydraulic pumps, user.

You still need power for the spark plugs.

>diesel
>spark plugs

uwot

Daily reminder I'll never shit on you user.
Just get your oil/gas ratio right and I'm good to go.

Who /3wheels/ here?

I was going to say that having worked on my NA Miata, there is very little I could conceivably see getting in the way of any external intervention. Hydraulic steering. Can't fuck with that. Cable throttle. Can't fuck with that. ABS/Traction control? Lol. It's as close to barebones car and motor as you can get.