PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.3, thoroughly patching downgrading for latefriends who update. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36
-rxTools BTFO, Homebrew on o3DS in limbo, Menuhax's "last known Home Menu vuln." dead
-freeShop now has its own website, freeshop.pw
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-NTR CFW 3.4 Preview4 released. BootNTR Selector updates automatically. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-VitaShell 1.51 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Henkaku. wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king-restoration-patch-3ds-cia/
github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/3DS-Stuck-(2.1.0-Without-Functional-Browser)
youtube.com/watch?v=Xbq3kc29Tmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wops fucked up with the last thread part

Question about the clock+l2 option for the n3ds. How much battery will this option drain on your regular games? Of does this barely does anything to the battery?

Also will this ruin anything on long term?

kek the colombian profecional briker is doing a stream right now

it was tested and is only a 5% difference that you can barely tell should just leave it on unless a certain game crashes

you faggots need to update the Vita section

Does anybody have, or know where, I can get a patched Fire emblem IF 4.1? I'm too retarded to do it myself and can't seem to find it anywhere, only found a 4.0 version

how about you do the next thread budy ;^)

So question. I hacked my n3ds with sound hacks/fast hacks. So I assume I'm on al9h/luma.
People are saying its ok to update to 11.3 but I breaks the homebrew app or something.
i just tried to connect to Sm4sh online and I can still play online. What is tue purpose of updating to 11.3 if I can still access online and freeshop?

Has anyone played DQ8? Is it shitty?

get the uncensored version
and the game is fucking grate

Luma is still not 100% safe on 11.3

No one needs the pokemon bank that badly, hold off on the updates.

Under the 3ds section it should recommend that this is a good time to get a9lh.

>Luma is still not 100% safe on 11.3
what does that mean?

Or use ctr-httpwn, perhaps?

Some people have bricked after updating. It was mentioned in the last thread.

Wow that's pretty damn low. Im gonna leave it for now since im playing dq7 again and by lords everything is baby smooth and almost as quick as the original in menu navigation

so the problem is the moment when you update

if you manege to update and nothing brick you are good to go?

from my experience right now, NTR is fine, all my apps are fine except homebrew (which is borderline useless at this point,) and I've had no crashes at all. Just backup your NAND before you update and you are good to go

What did they censor this time?

Every single update, these fags comes up with another fearmonger story about how everything goes to hell if you update. This has to be a 100% bullshit. Nobody with a9lh will brick for a damn update

So I fucked up making a copy of my OTP on my n3ds, I still have my NAND backup but no OTP key. Is there anything I can do or am I fucked?

all jesicas outfits
a copuple of NPCs oufits
not censorship but they changed the orchesta music for some tecno shit

welp i updated and i can't acess hbl :'(
sound hax here i come i guess

Maybe. I believe someone a few threads ago got some brick after after removing and reinserting their SD card.

Frankly I think the best course of action after a nintendo update is to wait until the CFW yuou're using has updates out.

For now the only online play this hurts is pokemon.

how do you guys manege to do this?

So is a9lh endgame until sighax?

Why does the DQ composer hate the west so much.

We just want him to make more money.

Checked the wrong folder for the OTP.bin and I flipped out when it wasn't there and tried to retrace my steps.

If HBL doesn't work you can't use ctr-httpwn, dumbo.

Any proof? Because is the same thing with each and every update the 3ds get.
>guysguys my 3ds broke after updating to 10.6
>guyzzz 3ds is brick after updating 11.0
>guys dont update because this time nintendo broke some shit. Luma is dead

And so on

enjoy your paperweight

Ok, I'm not very intelligent so bear with me.

I know that the main difference between Mocha and Haxchi is that the latter does not require internet connection to install games.

But realistically, in order to get games on an SD you need internet connection anyway so where is the convenience seen? Is the Mocha browser method really slow and unreliable or is it as simple as typing in a website and installing a game? I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and get Mocha or if haxchi will truly streamline the process and be more logical.

What's the best cIOS for vWii and how do i remove the old one

Why does every cheat plugins are converted from gateshark? Is Gateway THAT good at finding cheats?

Just removed my sd before turning it on, Nothing. Removed it after being on, nothing. Reset the system after putting memory on, nothing. Everything boots normally, games works fine. This whole "3ds could brick on 11.3" is another fearmongering bullshit for le epic memes. Running 6.6 a9lh

>turned on 3DS
>screen is black
>power light is on

I bricked it, didn't I

>wanted to play Monster Hunter last night
>find out a new fw came out so I can't play online unless I want to give up HBL until ninjhax 2.9

Okay, so freeshop will let you redownload stuff through the eshop. If I log in with my NNID on a different 3ds, can I redownload that stuff there through the eshop too?

>overused meme with every update
>autism?

I think you bricked your head

Nope. Take your SD card out and then boot it

Actually, I was trying to fix by upgrading 2.1 to 4.-something, and that happened.

nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king-restoration-patch-3ds-cia/
here you go. restoration project pre-applied. only thing is this isn't the undub, so you still have the western voices in this download

If you arent meming, which you probably are. You either are missing the arm9loaderwhatever.bin from you mem or your meme broke

Unfortunately, not a meme. This happened before I had A9LH installed. I'm fucked, aren't I?

I can still boot up 2.1 but if I do that it would be a point of no return for the n3ds. I imagine if I could obtain a factory n3ds firmware I could use the same method I used to install 2.1 to install that fw. It's worth a shot but I'm pretty convinced that I have a brand new paperweight either way.

where is gunvolt anime cia

I think I've finished going through the 3ds.guide. Everything I want and need at this point should be done through FBI and the updater .cia's right?
Everything feels so foreign after being used to rxtools and juggling between sysnand/emunand

>turn on 3DS
>new update
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK
SAFE FOR LUMA + AL9H?

No.

you dont need to install any sort of cfw to install games. just enter the homebrew launcher through the loadiine browser exploit and install games with wup. installing haxchi just allows you to run the homebrew launcher off of the system menu which is useful if you dont want to have to go through the browser every time or in the unlikely scenario the browser exploit gets patched.

Anyone?

How do you guys deal with the guilt?

Luma + AL9H should be fine. Homebrew gets fucked over though, and there are a few other minor inconveniences, so it's not really worth it yet unless you are completely desperate to play online.

So I just finished installing a9lh on my o3ds and I'm having issues getting my GBA cias to work. When I launch them I get an error and need to reboot the system. I tried installing the AGB_Firm cia into the SYSNAND but that didn't help, can someone give me a quick retard proof guide?

By looking at my large collection of Wii U games i purchased at retail price.

you've answered your own question. if you are able to do the things you want to on the system there is probably no point in updating, correct?

>I assume I'm on al9h/luma.
also, please learn more about the things you decide to do before you do them. just good life advice in general.

it doesnt change much.
the luma option forces games to use the extra power. normally the n3ds always runs at that clockspeed. games just dont take advantage of it.

First timer here
Is it wise to use your main SD card to install homebrew?
If that didn't make sense. Do I have to use a fresh formatted SD card to go through with homebrew?
I'm following the 3ds.guide

probably fine, but it's always best to use a formatted card that's been checked for corruption just to rule it out in case anything goes wrong.

back up your data and then follow the guide.
its wiser to do it with a smaller sd card rather than a bigger one. things like nand backups will go faster that way. a minimum of 2gb sd is recommended due to the nand backup alone being 1.2GB big.
after that its just copy and paste if you want to move to another sd card.
keep in mind the sd card has to be fat 32 formated with 32 or 64k cluster size. also has to be mbr formated bootrecord if you plan to use a9lh from sd rather than ctrnand.

Uhh meme.

I use WiiFlow and when I try launch the only game that it can read. It fails.

I have 2 .wbfs files on a FAT32 64GB Thumbdrive. I tried the back and front of the Wii U. I tried USB loader but it can't read the thumb drive.

Both files are .wbfs pls hekp

I have tried to use a different USB and tried both
d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii
d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

>First timer here
Taking anons first time!

Go back to /skg/, user.

Where to get Wii U games? I lost the link to the one I used a while back and can't find Japanese games anywhere now.

just get them straight from nintendo bro

uTikDownloader

So is there no fixing it? It can't even go into recovery mode. For the record, this has nothing to do with 11.3, this is me being retarded 100% and fucking up uniquely and hilariously with arm9 installation.

Oh, thanks

Wiiuiso?

>this is me being retarded 100% and fucking up uniquely and hilariously
Explain

the Ghostbusters flash sucked

this story time

Have you tried booting it with no SD card?

Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax/releases

So you can't hold select, start or X? You probably forgot to install arm9.

If so, start from the start re-do everything to your SD card and when you get up to the step you are on now, see if it works.

I was just curious as to why everyone wanted to update so badly.
And as for what I'm running. I hacked it about a month ago and I don't frequent hbg enough to become familiar with the hacks and stuff.

By using outdated cfw like rxTools or cake. I had to looking hard for solutions online or even coming up with solution myself whenever I had a problem. That way I don't feel like an entitled piece of shit .

It hangs on the black screen upon turning the system on with no SD card or game inserted.
Alright, from the beginning...

>using outdated version of RxTools that reinstalled every time I booted
>decided to get Arm9
>followed all steps
>got to 2.1
>put all files in my sd card
>internet browser would not function properly
>can't get arm9 without the browser
>googled how to fix this
>followed github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/3DS-Stuck-(2.1.0-Without-Functional-Browser)
>had a copy of FE: Awakening lying around
>updated to 4.something with it so I could update to 9.2 after with my backup and try again
>system is as it is now
>doesn't boot

You haven't finished the installation, right? Just send it to Nintendo, bruh. Sure, it'll get updated to 11.3, but at least it won't end up as a doorstop.

I wouldn't say that it sucked. It just wasn't really outstanding. It was okay, to be desu.

yup, you're bricked. way to go

it's surprising seeing how many of you are still using cakes and RxTools. What were you doing FOR 6+ MONTHS?

most of the people still using those say they were to lazy to change to a9lh and that rxtools just werks.

Playing games?

Please, please, please respond.

Freeshop is it's own application. If you bought something on eshop (which is a different app) then yes, you can download it from the eShop as you already purchased it.

So, I tallied the bricks you guys confirmed since the beginning of the last thread. We're at about $3400 in damage assuming each 3ds retains it's $200 value.

anyone else with a n3ds still feel their eyes getting all weird and pained with 3D on? Or do you usually not put the 3D all the way up

i'm a dumb sissy anime boy and even i cfw'd my 3ds without bricking it

Is everyone here dumb or the chance of a brick just that high?

Why wouldn't you use Cakes? It still got NFIRM updates. It even supports 11.3.
You get FIRM protection, 3ds_injector/loader and AGB_FIRM+TWL_FIRM patching.
What else would you need?

you hav the power of cutness by your side
thats not fair

I don't suppose there's a chance I could still hardmod it like that is there?

well user there are 2 kinds of people here

the ones that come to shitpost
and the ones what are too stupid and fucked up so they come here asking for help

is not that the hacking process is hard is just that this place is a biased sample

its low. almost non existent if you just take your time and read. seriously ive done this 6 times and this was before the huge 11.2 exploit

Dumb sissy anime boy

STOP BULLYING ANYTIM E

Actually if you install the ticket from Freeshop, it is available for redownload on the regular eShop. That only works on one 3DS though, and as far as I know you won't be able to redownload it from any other 3DS even if you enter your NNID.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xbq3kc29Tmg