/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>economy level edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Shingu's Horn
youtu.be/sj2lP-xIWwU

>Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=jYnlxmgJY8A&t=17s

>K24a2 Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=DbA9lgR0czk

>del's CRX
youtu.be/imlMVVUgNeY?t=13

>Upstairs neighbor
youtube.com/watch?v=4IRB0sxw-YU

>Civic Jump
youtube.com/watch?v=rGdYtUzLQaw

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o385TSo5J3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

>when a fat girl trying to keep up with a fit girl

Honda and Toyota best.

I was just watching that on Jew book

Was intense as fuck. Even made bumper to bumper contact a few times. I saw it here first.

It's raining again. My AC works fucking great now though so I'm comfy as fuck.

>That power loss when the compressor kicks in

nth for Acura RSX

It looks very similar to the Civic EM2, how's the part interchangeability? I know the front seats fit in with a little work, and since my driver's belt is broken I wanna get an RSX pseudo-bucket seat to get rid of the shitty EM2 headrest.

>It looks very similar to the Civic EM2
that's a pretty big RSX meme, actually. Because it kinda is a civic but it's really not?

pretty sure civic type r / recaro seats fit into RSX's but they're a little expensive because >type r recaros

Check honda forums online if RSX seats will fit into the civic? because leather RSX Type S seats aren't expensive at all.

That was some awesome racing.

I have dine that research. One rear bolt hole needs to be drilled larger or something. I'm curious about suspension, I figured the Integra would have a better setup than my LX. I wish I could find a Civic SiR, but they're so rare around here, the few people who run them bought all the broken ones for parts.

Suspension, i have no idea. I have no idea how compatible they are.

Friday I will install the new wheels.
Then we will judge if 80s boxes can handle 90s 5 spokes

New RSX when?

What car and when's?

This desu, it's a liftback, a new one with an Si engine or whatever would be a cool car.

k24a2 crank arrived - looks super clean. Came out of a TSX with less than 60k miles on it. Gonna send the block off to the machine shop to get decked and have the crankshaft balanced/checked for problems. Seller I purchased from has a very high rating and stated it had already been mic'd and is balanced, but I'll sleep a lot easier having it double checked, especially after fedex handled it

Going through honda's estore to pin down all the part numbers for the stuff I still need to get - i'm pretty close to having everything though. Hoping to have the block fully assembled by the 21st, complete engine assembly by the 28th, do the swap 29th-31st, then crank it on April fools. if it blows up, then I guess it'll at least be kinda funny kek. Hopefully not though. Pretty excited about this build, desu.

tfw its already getting into the high 80s
Arizona summer is the worst

thanks to my work I should be able to retro fit some nice cooling seats in though which will be a game changer

Damn that's hot as hell. It usually never goes past 90 in the summer here.

>That pic

I miss that cat. She vanished. I'm so glad that compressor was there. Just had to get all the other shit.

It gets so hot here in California, the back seat headrests in my CM5 turned purple.

That's 2 places I don't wanna live in. Kek

It's bad here, I saw a Black FA5 sedan with the paint on the roof baking off on the freeway, get a silver or any other light colored car if you wanna keep it long term if you want the paint to last with no clear coat.

Yeah we get a lot of clear coat baking here. Being on the coast though the wind keeps the temps down a bit.

My Mk4 Jetta was pretty bad and the 93 Civic was rattlecanned to fight it.

would like to report that my civic is dead for the 2nd time and will not be resurrected for a 2nd time it been a fun ride in my ep3 but i no longer have the money to fix her up again feels real bad man

What's wrong with it?

:(
F

tranny is dead and can not be rebuilt

thank you

F :/
Was it in the collage?

i was but my picture was up there anymore pic related

Damn. EP3s seem to have the worst luck on here. I'd try to part it out. Some body will want that engine for sure.

Looking at a 98 integra automatic b18b1.
Trading a shitbox suv for it.

Are these reliable? Easy to work on? IDGAF about modding performance wise, this will be a DD. So I don't mind the automatic.

...a new transmission for those cost maybe $400. Could even get one from a RSX Type-S and make it a six speed.

It's not that big of a deal, really. If you're tired of the car, atleast get it running before you try to sell it.

I was about to say this. working non lsd k series transmissions can be had for decently cheap

if you can find me one in Arizona then i will but i couldn't find one and i dont have the cash so only option is to sell it

my tranny has lsd tho

Back at it again for part two. I started from scratch, so it the second one (one on the left) took me about four hours to complete. Halfway there, then I'm gonna throw some new tires on 'em. I'm hyped.

This is what it looked like beforehand. It was in much better condition than the first one.

Looking factory fresh. Pretty badass.

transmissions without lsd should still be compatible though, correct?

Here's that 1320 header. Most likely will be the one I pick up myself in the future.

And a custom made funnel to suck in air to the stock airbox. Interested in using Hondash to compare the temps between this and my AEM.

At least im not the only one going through this shit
Never curb your wheels or ill kill you

>triple posting

Also got a hold of somebody at Auxbeam to hopefully get my original set of LEDs replaced. If they do that, they will be going into a set of eBay fog lights with yellow lenses.

My EG hatch got totalled by insurance company for a mere 10 inch dent on fender!! Don't even have the option of keeping the car so in market for another honda. Has to be a 2 door, manual hatchback.

So...help me choose.

99 EK asking $2700 boxy, plastic headlights
95 EG asking $2800 my fav, 158K km
02 SIR asking $3500 Black colour :( 292k km
11 CRZ asking $11000 Too expensive but Only 37k km

95 EG hatch is my dream car, so i'd say that.

As an EG owner I'd get the EG of course. Based glass headlights.

>tfw a cleaner EG than mine is my dream car

I keep my aspirations pretty low.

im pretty sure but i always had lsd trannys so it wouldn't feel the same

Get the eg, thing is fucking mint for the age, still has it's luster and everything.

Also that's fucking crazy that a fender dent is totaled and can't be bought back. Especially if it's a front fender which is borderline disposable. I'm probably replacing my entire front end because they're all damage in some way.

Only concern with EG is the low powered original 1.5 engine but its great on gas i'm sure.

Welcome to ICBC of canuckistan, they said dented fender is not safe/roadworthy.

I'd get a newer CR-Z, if you really want one. The newer one (2013-2016) has the lithium ion battery, more powerful motor and a back up camera.

Yeah the SiR would be the fastest of them all. The cheapest way to get a K series. It's a toss up between the EG and EP3.

>EG looks better and probably holds its value better, swap possibilities are endless
>EP3 much faster but doesn't look as cool, better choice if not swapping and want the most power per dollar

I'm honestly surprised that after nine previous owners, the title on mine is still clean. It has had accidents for sure, but I don't think any of them were ever reported. Has nothing on the history.

Really regretting making claim now. Thought it would be a minor bodywork job but ended up losing my beloved eg.

Wasn't even my fault, someone backed into me in parking lot and then self reported to insurance co.

Don't you hate it when red turns to pink??

Man I'd be pissed for sure. Kinda makes me nervous if somebody hits me.

Yeah old Honda paint is so bad. I'd love a new paintjob, but on a new shell. The damage bothers me too much.

>dat backyard previous owner paintjob tho

Red is the best color for EG imo. Looking good!!

Speaking of backyard paint jobs, saw this a few days ago.
CraigslistHandyMan/10

Thanks m8. I hope to either find a Milano Pink shell to repaint or at least an Aztec Green Pearl one. Until then, I'll just keep doing bolt on stuff and drive the piss out of it. I think the odometer (which is wrong) will hit 300k miles before the year is over.

kek I guess they're trying to get rid of pin stripes? I got pin stripes. On my fuel door. Under the paint. Took me over a year and a half to notice it was there.

Its because your image expired. I'll put it to rest in the collage fãm, I'll look though the archives and put it back in black and white.

Why would it blow up tho?

So a week ago I picked up a 92 EG hatch for pretty damn cheap. Seems like most of the work will be for exterior and interior work. Only payed $1700. How did I do?

Just make sure the trans has been serviced throughout its life and it should be fine

That looks amazing
Can you tell me the process again? (sanding grits, etc.) I wanna do that to my teggy wheels and clear coat it

Looks pretty good. First thing I'd do id some OEM headlights. Those eBay ones are just an eyesore to me. And they're not even glass.

Those look legit

thank you senpai

I wonder how those would look of the housings were black instead of the reflective gray

Wtf why didn't you just replace the fender? How did it happen? Pic of damage?

I was actually thinking that. A full set with the switch and wiring is like $40 so it wouldn't hurt at all to spray them. Password JDM sells CF covers for them but I'm not paying $110 for that shit.

Do the shaved doors work? I'd replace those doors first

>tfw no spinning doors on your Honda

youtube.com/watch?v=o385TSo5J3U

both the headlights and taillights are complete ebay trash gonna shop around. . Inside is well..... custom to say the least

Doors work just fine with a push button spring lock but only the Driver side opens.

Shiiit that's gonna take some work. What are your plans? Gray interior stuff is fairly cheap.

I saw the gif of that car so many times but never saw the actual video. kek

If the doors were normal it would actually be a really tasteful accord. It's probably bagged

You know I'm not really set on a plan desu. I honestly like the dumpy look of it. Might just make it a little performance shitbox. There's no real reason for me to go and try to revert this car back to it's old self. JAYDEEMMMMM BRO

I'm OCD as fuck so I'd put too much work into it. I'd seriously dig myself into a hole trying to make it look the way I want it.

Did they put some kind of lights in the rear bumper?

To each his own senpai and yes the previous owner put the reverse lights on the rear bumper. I'll get some more pics tomorrow morning. This car is a bit of an enigma.

Man I want the motivation that guy had. I've been doing little things here and there over the whole 1 and 3/4 years I've had mine.

He was a very upbeat young kid. I was surprised at the amount of work he put into it by himself even if I don't agree with every choice he made.

Btw join the collage see

Pic unrelated.
It's pretty simple once you get through the first one. Get wet/dry sandpaper in the following grits:
320/600/800/1000/1500/2000
This ran me almost $50 because nowhere near me had them all in stock, I bought it off of Amazon.
Strip the clear coat, clean thoroughly. Start with 320, wet sand down as much as you can. If there are machine lines be sure to sand them down so it looks nice and even, and don't focus too much on one spot. Go in circular motion, all that good stuff. The 320 will take the longest time, but once it's nice and even wash it off and move on to the next grit. Do the same thing, but now you're buffing out the scratches you just made. The process repeats itself all the way up to 2000 grit, at which point you grab some rubbing compound and buff the living shit out of your wheel. Then put on some aluminum polish, buff it off after about 10 minutes, and wash it off again. If there's marks you missed, you can go back to 320 at any point and work your way back up. Once it's nice and shiny, clear coat that bitch and hate yourself because you're 4 hours in and still have three wheels to go.
To sum it up:
>Start with the lowest grit, get out all the bad scratches and oxidation
>Wash the wheel off
>Move up a grit, buff out the scratches you just made
>Rinse and repeat (literally) until you get to the highest grit
>Inspect, get any big scratches you missed with 320 and work your way back up in that area
>Buff rubbing compound on
>Polish
>Clearcoat
And bam, you've got a fancy looking wheel.
You got this, user. Music and caffeine help a lot. If you need more detail ask away, or there are several write-ups online for this.

Yeah I couldn't tell somebody to their face that it looks like shit. My buddy spotted this last week. I would never EVER do that to my car but I can only imagine the work that went into it. I love the stock body shape too much to mess with it.

Thankfully, people that own cars like this never really show up at car meets or shows. At least, I've never seen them myself.

I would never go to a show with this car but a meetup is never out of the question. Just needs some TLC to get the worse of it out of the way

Owners like that seem to keep to themselves. All the Honda guys I talk to have amazing cars that I'm super jealous of and I base my decisions on my car on theirs.

I just either spot their car in a parking lot or in the oncoming lane during work or on the highway.

no reason I can think of haha. Just a general fear of failure I think. After it's all said and done, I'll have put a lot of research, wrench time, and money into this thing so I am highly motivated to be successful here. Even if it does crash and burn, the experience of building it and the fact that I followed through with it is a reward all by itself.

So I've been having this issue with my 1990 Integra LS for a while now.
It's been temperamental to start (turning over but stalling out immediately), and lately it's been idling really low when hot, around 400 or less, almost stalling out.
The weird thing is, whenever anything electrical is applied the idle revs even lower.
I'll also mention that the battery is standard and is also powering a large amp and double sub. (I know it needs a batterypack)
Already ordered a new main relay, needed one anyway. Could this all be related to that, or related to the battery?

I'll throw out some suggestions but I'm ignorant about this stuff. I'm thinking it's something on your intake manifold. Maybe the MAP sensor going bad?

First time seeing a stolen Honda post. This is in Mississippi though. I should fix my alarm.

What is the best prelude gen and why is it the 3rd?

>im canuck too
>worrying intensifies
fuck this gay ass country's damned policies
its stupid for both cars and guns

Does disconnecting the sound system fix the problem?

is the intake right up against the fucking exhaust?

Was he at Walmart at 5 am or does he leave it there parked over night?

Because flip ups

>It's been temperamental to start (turning over but stalling out immediately), and lately it's been idling really low when hot, around 400 or less, almost stalling out.
ahahahaha you have it too ;-;
welcome to the stall party. i wanna say alternator because if you're like me, your headlights are on, but get brighter only if you rev

Could be, haven't looked into that yet.
Gonna try this in the morning for sure, but it's been hooked up for a while now, and it's only become a real issue recently
Fug, better not be the alternator, had it tested and it was producing fine.

forgot to ask, what engine is in yours?

1.8L B18A1