/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889
libretro.com/index.php/getting-started-with-retroarch/
youtube.com/watch?v=gWZ2GN8zy8E
forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=5523
twitter.com/libretro/status/829968811713511425
youtube.com/watch?v=uhJlIvdHZKs
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268238307849142274/279487289456066560/Screenshot_2017-02-10_00.41.58.png
ngemu.com/threads/svn-repository-for-virtual-jaguar.112761/page-16
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd like to play the remake on a PS3 emulator if I can. Do you know how well it runs?

TELL ME WHAT YOU'RE EMULATING RIGHT NOW

OR TALK ABOUT THE NEXT GAME YOU'RE GOING TO EMULATE

RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWW

Nvm, it's not.
I'll run the PS2 version.

configurating every game (per game config) as I like with this, just what my life needed

Your best bet is to get the PAL release if you can't afford or get the ps3 version, the NTSC release has speed issues and choppy framerate due fuckups, this was fixed in the PAL version which came a bit later.

bump

Thanks brother.

How can I get Pokemon Y or Alpha Sapphire to run on Citra?

I followed all instructions, made save folders, copied many different save versions and none of that shit worked. I'm sure the folders are right because right clicking on game on citra and selecting "open save folder" for those pokemon games opens the folders I've created.

Anyone got a good save or something? What am I missing?

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889

looking on emulating random n64 stuff.

Dolphin VR nerd still hoping I can get help with the correct presets for Metroid Prime.

I had my F10 and Shift+F10 (save state/load state) in mGBA bound to my left and right stick click ins thru JoyToKey and it always worked while using a 360 pad but seems to not work while using a Xbox One Elite pad, be it wired or wireless thru dongle.

Googling has yielded no results...

Any advice is appreciated

play Shiren 2

>Shiren 2
I was pondering playing games that are not the 1st/second party type, this would do. I don't get the nostalgia goggles people have for the N64 though.

Lakka looks good but I can't use it. It feels so fake. It's like installing a macOS skin on Windows... fucking PSP ripoff. Just no.

So are there any "menu drivers" I could download or am I stuck with he ones that come with RA?

I'm trying to play Tales of Phantasia, and it seems to be stuttering. This happens in Higan and SNES9X.

Just use mgba via RetroArch

Try the bsnes libretro core

Did you try RetroArch? What's are your computer specs?

You're aware it's a super famicom game, right? I could play it on a calculator.

I have an i5 and a gtx 970

>I could play it on a calculator
No you couldn't
Stop spouting shit you don't know anything about

If you were running it on Znes maybe

But yeah if you're gonna emulate Snes might as well use RetroArch

but is it "accurate"

Bsnes core is literally just Higans

And the snes9x core is more updated then the standalone I believe.

Here, read up on this

libretro.com/index.php/getting-started-with-retroarch/

youtube.com/watch?v=gWZ2GN8zy8E
>Virtua Fighter 5 runs at playable framerates on RPCS3 in the opengl renderer on an AMD GPU of all things
what the fuck

I fucking hate using PJ64, will I miss out on much by emulating games on Mupen64Plus using Retroarch?
Just planning on playing stuff like the Zeldas, Mario 64, Chameleon Twist, Mischief Makers, Banjo-Tooie, and Diddy Kong Racing

I don't think mupen64plus is as good as PJ64, and you're more limited in terms of tinkering with the plugins in RetroArch's version.

What makes you think you'll like using Mupen64plus if you hate using PJ64

okay okay
But now Im trying to get forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=5523 to work with OoT and it doesnt look like its working
yes, using glide final and set the aspect to stretch
any ideas?

well, jabo just works so fuck it all

twitter.com/libretro/status/829968811713511425

That's legitimately fucking cool.

I wish PPSSPP would fix the texture warping in ports of PS1games. I wanted to play the PSP version of Breath of fire 3, but not with that awful shit hurting my eyes.

>inbf just play the Retroarch PSX version.

The PSP version has differences to the PSX version.

Try fiddling with Hardware Transform/Vertex Caching

Is this how the effect is supposed to look?

What's the game in the OP pic?

Even if it wasn't, just play the game ffs

Dragon Quest monsters for 3DS

Maybe if you can get it to run. RPCS3 is currently too hard for me to get to start a game. While I may have just been being stupid, I swear I did all the right steps and then it would just crash after the first loading screen.
I will wait until it can select its own LLE modules.

Pretty much, yeah.
Is this how this effect is supposed to work though?
youtube.com/watch?v=uhJlIvdHZKs

looks pretty cool desu

Yes. On original hardware, that's how it's supposed to look.
A lot of emulators (I think even the VC emulator) will produce a clean fade-out instead of an effect like that.

Not when you want to just play N64 games. That was me trying to get it to just work with a set of plugins.

Are there any videos for comparison?
That webm is from PJ64 using GlideN64

>doubting SP

Fuck if I know.

Your best bet is usually speedrun videos especially with how autistic about versions the SM64 community is, issue is you need to find one that triggers the specific effect you're looking fro and I don't think this is done at all in any speedrun.

How do I overclock the emulated CPU in PJ64?
Didn't realize how sluggish these games were

>A lot of emulators (I think even the VC emulator) will produce a clean fade-out instead of an effect like that.
It's a noise dithering effect. Noise emulation is super fucking important and a lot of emulators don't do it properly. GLideN64 was the first hardware plugin with a half decent implementation.

1.7.1 is out.

Is the Karasawa beam rifle in Armored Core 1 a meme or something?
>50 ammo
>needs 6 or so shots for taking down the red AC in the protect the train mission even if you use the additional part that increases energy weapons' power

Managed to sort of make a backassed solution for P3FES problem by making a simple AHK script to toggle between two GSdx configurations whenever I hit the middle mouse button, so I can just hit it quickly when entering/leaving Tartarus. Might be useful for other games like Yakuza where settings that fix one thing break something else.

Script used:

; Toggle PCSX2 graphic settings then trigger GSdx refresh
#IfWinActive ahk_exe pcsx2.exe
MButton::
SetWorkingDir, E:\Programs\Games\Emulators\PCSX2\inis
if FileExist("GSdx_2.ini") {
FileMove, GSdx.ini, GSdx_1.ini
FileMove, GSdx_2.ini, GSdx.ini
}
else if FileExist("GSdx_1.ini") {
FileMove, GSdx.ini, GSdx_2.ini
FileMove, GSdx_1.ini, GSdx.ini
}
Send {F9}{F9}
Return

Does this happen even in the Opengl renderer?

Yeah, oddly enough it happens even in the software renderer. Only the TC offset seems to fix it, and that breaks portrait animations. Those can be fixed by triggering a GSdx refresh in certain locations (the dorm is usually the easiest) but then will break some other textures and effects (floor tiles in school get minorly corrupted, the moon looks all fucky during outdoor scenes and during the floor select in Tartarus, in-battle quote background gets messed up)

So best solution seems to be to use offset when dungeon crawling and disable elsewhere.

Which version of the emulator are you using?

1.5.0-dev-1838

It's a known issue though and has been around for years. The TC offset to fix it is mentioned right there in the tooltip.

>1.7.1 is out.
Time flies when you're poor!

What is the best emulator?

Tried that. It made zero difference whether they were on or off.

What would RKS look like in a CRT shader or NTSC blur?

I'm still experiencing that problem of halved framerate in windwaker in specific areas. So strange because it didn't happen on first boot and I'm not too sure that it's definitely related to the shader cache.

Not great, but not the absolute worst.

Didn't get rich falling for every kike trick.

Looks better with an arcade monitor shader.

Retroarch by D.de Matteis & H-K. Arntzen

Darkens the colors a bit too much. Nice looking voerall though. Really smooths the edges. NTSC should have been a bonus feature of the new port.

That greys the whites too much.

Then don't use them.

>he doesnt do it manually

/homebrew/ general is a shit thread

is the PSvita finally a good upgrade from the PSP regarding emulation?

or is it still behind?

Can't do psx natively.
Can't homebrew on newer firmwares.

>Can't do psx natively.
Pathetic.

Until it gets a microSD adapter, no. Storage is way to expensive and no one is really trying to tap into its power as an emulation handheld.

>>Until it gets a microSD adapter, no.
speaking of this,
should I get a noname 3€ microsd adapter for my psp?
I'm using a legit sony 2gb card so far, I'm scared to brick mine with an adapter since I'm running the cfw

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268238307849142274/279487289456066560/Screenshot_2017-02-10_00.41.58.png

wut

this is a imageboard buddy

>Can't do psx natively.
It can, however you need to be on a lower firmware (3.36 for example)

Yes, it's literally an adapter. Plastic and metal. I got one of those cheap dual SD adapters. They work just fine.

do I need to reinstall the cfw?
or just copy the folders over?

I would like to emulate Ace Combat 4 but it has a lot of bugs and doesn't run well on my computer on software mode

Just copy the files over. All that's different is you have more space.

sweet

brb putting the entire psp and psx library on my 64gb shark

Armored Core 1. I like how bad the music is, it's a rough game overall, not in a good way.

It has a high parity with the PSP for 99% of what you're looking for.
2x integer screen, front/rear touch mapping, two sticks (and potential for mods to use the second natively), everything a Vita can do.

PSX can be achieved by PCSX ReARMed via RA or wait for theslow to release his update to Adrenaline (PSP sandbox CFW) which allows PS1.

Memory cards are hit and miss and complaining is beating a dead horse 8~16GB is good enough for budget (yet still expensive, but complaining isn't solving that).
Recent development hints at USB mass storage support on PSTV, but obviously it's not portable (without a dekavita).

Based on what prices you can find them at, a 1000 has the "better" OLED screen, weighs a fucking brick, and shorter battery life.
The slim is probably a better all-around machine for potential portable emulation.

>Memory cards are hit and miss and complaining is beating a dead horse 8~16GB is good enough for budget (yet still expensive, but complaining isn't solving that).
There is talk in the last replies that adapters that take regular SDs are a thing.

no that's for psp you inbred

Not yet but it's getting worked on.
Give it a few months and it will be there.

Oh, that's interesting. Why did they get rid of that?

they didn't, if you want to pirate you have to string along a bunch of hacks to get in

firmware 3.60 is where all the attention is.
aside from "potential" entrypoints in older firmwares, 3.60 is quickly catching up and surpassing it. PS1 in the PSP sandbox is expected by the end of the month

just placed an order for the microsd adapter

I really hope my PSP 3000 running cfw 6.60 will recognize a 64 GB card

I had one of those dual adapters with two 64gb cards and it worked great so one should work.

Will we ever get an Atari Jaguar emulator that makes the games payable?

libretro killed all chances of every having decent Jaguar emulation

ngemu.com/threads/svn-repository-for-virtual-jaguar.112761/page-16

It's an upgrade, but I wouldn't call it a good one.

Its CPU is really only marginally better than a PSP for the purposes of emulation, which is enough to bump SNES and GBA emulation to being playable (inb4 subhumans claim it was playable on a PSP), but it's pretty underwhelming.

I would say a n3DS is actually a better option since it has a faster CPU and the ability to run GBA and NDS games natively. Though the 3DS has a lower res screen (but at 240p it's perfect for many retro systems), and unlike the n3DS the Vita can emulate PS1 games thanks to its much better GPU, so it depends based on what you want.

I wouldn't pay for either of them just for the sake of emulation though.

Apparently the guy working on Demul is responding and fixing issues listed on Github.
Despite this, there is almost no activity on his forums and github. Is there any reason why memers gather around re(pipe)dream instead of testing stuff for demul?

He only brings out releases once a year, but p1pkin is very receptive to feedback, yes.
I should probably play more stuff on demul in order to give more feedback. I just rarely get the urge to play DC games.

The thing is, everything I tried worked fine with no perceivable glitches so I don't even know what feedback to give.

I assume if there was a more active community around it, more glitches would get unearthed which would be hard for a layman.

I've found a few glitches just from playing stuff. There's a weird bug in Hydro Thunder where the 2player mode flickers horribly. He mostly fixed it in the next release, which was nice.