/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

You Died: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4uu23z_logs_videogames
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hope it helps. :)

replying reminder

Really tricks my amygdalan arm

Post comics

PURGE FILTH

is the early gmae supposed to be such a nightmare

gascoigne eats up all of my bullets and vials every attempt, and having to clear yharnam just to refill my stocks for another try at him is pretty boring.

You should be able to easily cheese him on the gravestones, music box his werewolf form, then finish him off with molotovs.

I use the Music Box on Gascoigne once every form, which may give you a window to land a backstab, or at least a charged R2. Serration and Molotovs are also very useful, along with any Oil Urns you may have

My favorite part about this one is the Silverbeast chewing on the hat

>mad one with beard instead of hair
>silverbeast having anything to do with insight

>First time fighting the Living Failures
>pretty boring
>choir drops
>suddenly the sky turns into the cosmos and fucking meteors rain from the sky
Those little blue aliens had no right to be that cool.

Gascoigne is definitely a big hurdle, if you haven't already done Cleric Beast I'd recommend that for getting good at dodging and some levels
Practice parrying on the big bois for you don't waste so many bullets on Gascy and just get proper timing on him
Never like, panic-fire after being hit or anything either
Take a step back then fire properly
Unfortunately his second form may give you some major trouble if you're not great at dodging

>DaS 2 meme
kill yourself m8

Imagine if the blood moon was a insight trigger, miyazaki fucking us again

So what was the Holy Medium they discovered in the tombs?

What does the rest of the world see/think during Paleblood moon?
I imagine the moon in Yharnam is the same moon the rest of the world sees so I feel like when that began either they had to see something different or mass panic begin
Maybe it's something like only Yharnam residents/woke people can see it but I can't remember ever reading anything explaining this

Generally considered to be ebby and her blood.

I thought that but was told that is not the case.

Blood.

>MFW milkweed
Wasn't this thing supposed to give me tentacles or something?

I wouldn't say Ebrietas, that was in Isz, but blood almost certainly

>What does the rest of the world see/think during Paleblood moon?
Nothing, the red moon isn't even visible in all the areas in Yharnam.

Yes, when you equip the Kos Parasite.

Yeah, got that. The source is the question.

The Blood Moon is 100% localized in Yharnam, not even immediately surrounding areas see it. It's the cosmos, aint gotta explain shit.

Why did aliens do it?

They wanted the baby

Some people say Queen Yharnam and Mergo, mostly the Queen. I can't confirm one way or another, but this seems plausible

>Do Shaman Bone Blade strat for shark fuckers
>They're not doing any damage to each other

The blood minister calls it Yharnam blood, Yharnam is called blood queen and her wrists are cut and bound when you meet her in the dungeons.
Yharnamites used her blood.

There's the answer. I never noticed her wrists being cut, though, but I've only fought her twice in the dungeons

Stab them with the blade AFTER they see each other not before you fucking idiot both of them are massive parry bait anyway just get their timing down you dont need any shaman blades

>lmao just git gud idiot

>Parrying
>a sign of gud

this is how we know you're bad

Parrying makes things easier, not harder.

Anyone else getting the artbook?

I already have the full digital version, but I really want a physical copy too.
It's not a priority for me though, especially considering that they're making a Figma. Now that really interests me.

Is it ever hinted at what the "sprites" Ludwig found actually were? From the description of the guidance rune, it doesn't sound like they were particularly bad or evil.

How is that an inappropriate criticism? Clearly you lacked information, so you need more. You need to git gud, by getting more information. Don't get triggered by arguably applicable alliterations.

>Kos Parasite
Gotcha. Trying to beat down the Living Failures currently. How much further until I can pick it up, and will I have to deal with Micolash again before then? Just give me a general estimate on stuff between me and the parasite?

Two bosses (Failures not included) and one area.
The Kos Parasite is not a hidden item, if you complete the DLC you can't miss it.

Thinking of coming back to bb to try the kos parasite, should I just use my old wheel build with 25str and 50 arc or try for a 99 arc build? Haven't tried a hmlgs build either.

Holy Moonlight Sword is best used on a build with some strength in it, so you might as well keep using your wheel character or an optimized version of it.
99arc builds require too much vit sacrifice in my opinion, especially if you want to stay in the /bbg/ pvp range.
If you want to try a build with high arc you should consider 80 instead.

There was some talk a while back about Rally and the beings of light, I think it ended in those flecks of light around you when you take damage and are able to rally are those beings of light which, in some way, heal us upon the addition of blood, in this case, from enemies. It was surmised that they're literally trapping the flying blood flying everywhere and putting back inside you. I think it was also surmised that Guidance produces more of them, or allows us to become aware of them, or makes more appear that are there that wouldn't appear if we didn't have Guidance. So, the little beings Ludwig focused on were just pulling in all this blood from beast hunts, he became absolutely full of the stuff, and in his blind zealotry for beast slaying, he had no idea what was actually going on, and became a rapehorse.

As for what those beings of light even are, or where they come from? No idea. I assume they're some by-product or function of the blood.

>I assume they're some by-product or function of the blood
It's stated that caryll runes don't rely on blood in any way.

Miazaki once said that he thought of the rally system as something akin to a determination meter: you get the initial "oh shit" from getting hit, then lash back out to put the fucker in his place.

If you look up the lyrics of hail the nightmare, its pretty clear they are summoning him.

I really hope we get another DLC that explains some of the stuff they left unanswered in the base game and Old Hunters. Just off the top of my head, it's never said why some scholar betrayed everybody at Byrgenwerth just to give the Cainhurst's forbidden blood.

I doubt it we will ever get another DLC.

Now a sequel? that i can see happening in 4 years time when big M isn't sick of the formula anymore.

>figma
Details please

There are none outside of this image that was posted on the official JP Bloodborne and SIE Twitter pages.

How do I deal with the acid chemical traps in the Astral Clocktower

Is there something triggering them to go off, I can't figure it out

>likes huge tits from some retarded weeaboo game
>is an idiot

can't make this stuff up

Then Guidance isn't a Caryll rune, neither are any of the visceral-based ones that restore ammo and health or do more visceral damage or beasthood build up, because those all explicitly are related to and dependent on blood. Caryll runes a process of being created or transcribed might not rely on blood, nor do they require it to work, but the functions of a great deal of them rely on blood.

>Is there something triggering them to go off
Yes, there's always a pressure plate similar to the arrow traps in Shrine of Storms and Sen's Fortress.

Fuck how did I not see the tiles, thank you
What the fuck is wrong with big ass tiddies user

Look on the ground for raised floor tiles. Once you see them, they become glaringly obvious, you'll hit yourself for not seeing them.

Do you think Bloodborne 2 is coming?

I like 's theory, but IMO they're almost certainly Phantasms:

From Guidance: "When Ludwig closed his eyes, he saw darkness, or perhaps nothingness,
and that is where he discovered the tiny beings of light."

From ACB: ""Long ago, the Healing Church used phantasms to reach a lofty plane of darkness, but failed to make contact with the outer reaches of the cosmos.
"The rite failed to achieve its intended purpose, but instead created a small exploding star ..."

From EPS: "The Healing Church has discovered a great variety of invertebrates, or phantasms, as they are called."

>first time I ever fought Logarius in my life, blind, no guides used

dailymotion.com/video/x4uu23z_logs_videogames

pretty cool huh bros?

No, thankfully.
Sequels suck, especially if they're continuations of very good, complete stories, and especially if they're made by modern FromSoftware.

It was just announced last wonfes, so it's not especially strange that there hasn't been any news since. With any luck there'll be a prototype at winter wonfes next weekend.

But since it's not a popular anime series there's a reasonable chance this will get pushed to the back burner and maybe not happen at all.

>there's a reasonable chance this will get pushed to the back burner and maybe not happen at all
If SIE tweeted it it means that Max Factory already has the copyright and everything necessary to make it, I wouldn't be so pessimistic about it.
Besides, Bloodborne is still very popular, especially in Japan, and there are Figmas of much more obscure series.

I beg your pardon

>brightness up that high
you deserved it

Nioh > Bloodborne

casul cucks play a real game

Yeah, that's true, there's weird figma for less popular stuff coming out every year. I guess I just tend to expect the worst when it's something I'm actually interested in.

"Nioh has a higher skill ceiling than Souls"
-ENB

u casul /b/ro?

ENB is a confirmed liar though. Nothing he says can be taken at face value.

have faith on miazaky

says the dick chopper

I just bought a PS4 pro and Bloodborne today. Also bought the Old Hunters DLC. This is my first time ever playing. No walk through, no friend back seat gaming. The most I've ever seen about this game other than my own 2 eyes are screenshots. I startted as Lone Survivor because of the HP. took the Hunters Axe and blunderbuss at the beginning. I explored the dream, found the vendor, and bought the better armor set. I also just stumbled into Cleric Beast and killed it first try! Even managed a riposte on it. Or whatever the critical hit is called. Have I fucked up anywhere in regards to my character?

I like big slower weapons, so I'm assuming I should go strength? Is bloodtinge like faith? Arcane is like int? Assuming Skill is dex and the others are self explanatory. I also cannot seem to find an equip load display. Maybe I'm just missing it? General tips and tricks on BB? I already know to be agressive. I had those 2 beasts right before Cleric Beast tear me a new one because I kept trying to play keep away. Lastly, other than countering an enemy hit, how useful is my offhand weapon? Can it be had in combat? Or only for countering?

The shit that I bought. Yay tax returns.

>The most I've ever seen about this game other than my own 2 eyes are screenshots.
are you new to 4chinks? have you not seen the continued systematic shitposting of this game which has reigned on for over two years?

Go str or quality if you want big weapons. Arc is for Magic, and tinge is for guns, basically speaking.

Shooting dogs sens them flying. It's really satisfying after how annoying dogs have been through the series.

>dick chopper
Is luci a jew?

Bloodtinge is its own thing, it governs the power of the your blood which affects mainly guns, but there are a couple weapons that draw power from it. Avoid for your first playthrough since unless you level it from the start with a specific weapon in mind it's pretty pointless. Arcane governs fire and bolt damage while also letting you use hunters tools (which are basically spells)

Equip load doesn't exist in this game

Unless you're doing a bloodtinge build your offhand gun is only really useful for parrying, some weapons require both hands to wield though.

If you wish to access the DLC pick up the eye of the blood drunk hunter, it'll be on the stairs in hunters dream and then let the glowing vortex where you picked up hunters garb (top hat version) grab and kill you Once you're in the DLC you'll be able to use the headstone the doll sometimes prays at to access it.

Also as a tip, sometimes you'll have to roll forward off of things, it will send you plenty far compared to souls games and fall damage is more forgiving

Don't feel bad about spending insight since you'll wind up with max 99 by the end of it with plenty to spare anyway

>Lone Survivor
>Hunters Axe
HAHAHAHA

Starting class is never something you should fret over too much on first playthrough for Souls games, Hunter Axe is a fine starting weapon as well. Critical Hits/Ripostes are called Viscerals.
Most of the slower weapons are STR yes. Bloodtinge governs the damage of your guns and some select trick weapons.
Arcane is like INT in that it governs the damage of whats considered "spells" in Bloodborne. You'll find them soon enough.
There is no equip load. No fretting over weight % thresholds here.
With enough Bloodtinge and the right weapon firearms can do plentiful damage. Their primary use is for parries though.

>lul u didnt follow my pvp meta i know about from checking the wiki? kek

don't be a cunt, you can beat the game with fucking anything

>Unless you're doing a bloodtinge build your offhand gun is only really useful for parrying
I'll have you know a base requirement bone marrow'ed Repeating Pistol fucks up any boss with a sensitive spot mercilessly on NG. Its on NG+ and beyond is when you need BLT for it.

only if ur gud like me

Should i not be summoning NPCs for Laurence?
They seem to just run into the AoEs.

It's pretty effective in NG+, Chalices, and PvP too.

I noticed that the dogs are much higher more agressive. I'll try shooting one in the face and telling it to fuck off
No equip load, awesome. Thanks for the tips. Do I have to do the DLC before killing the final boss in BB? Or is it like Dark Souls 3 where I can continue playing? I usually?Y prefer to beat the main game in its entirety before DLC
Definitely not new to Veeky Forums. Just every time a BB thread popped up anywhere, I hid the thread. I played on PC for everything and just couldn't justify spending $400 on a console for a single for game. Now that there are more titles available that I'm interested in, I nutted up and went all out on a PS4 setup.
What's wrong with either on of those? Chose the axe because I like axes. It's slow, but I'm used to attacking early to compensate for the wind up from all my experience in Dark Souls games. Plus it's a great street sweeping weapon when In 2H mode.

Is it a waste to pump points into endurance so I can have more stamina? I notice I can only get 2 2H swings in before having to back off. I'd like to be able to get 4 consecutive 2H swings in and still be able to dodge at least once.

Once you pass the point of no return you're put into NG+ immediately

It's recommended you do the DLC at like 60-70. The doll has some special dialogue as you progress through it, but it gets overriden if you get to the point of no return and turn away to continue fucking about.

Don't bother leveling endurance too highly, you never really need more than 20 since there are plenty of stamina runes in the game (runes are basically rings)

Axe is amazing, but the starting class you picked isn't really the best for it. It doesn't really matter unless you care about min-maxing though.

OK so there is a point of no return. Similar to killing Gwyn in Dark Souls 1. I'll make sure to go for the DLC when I'm within level range. Will probably go in as level 75-80. I usually tend to over level a bit for DLC I've never played and know nothing about.
Yeah I only chose LS class because of its starting base of 14 vitality compared to the other classes. Figured I should handicap myself as little as possible for my 1st blind run.

I'm also playing offline. No summons or messages other than the ones provided by the game itself. Also I have heard something about a chalice? Like dungeons or something?

reminder not to reply to tripfags

how much rally does the hunter axe's transforming attack have exactly

Chalices are special optional dungeons you need to get materials to make. They have a path like that adds to the story. Then there are root chalices, which are randomly generated and have the best loot. Don't bother with the root ones until you beat the "story" chalices first.

OK will do thanks. What's this rally stuff that the other user mentioned? The Hunters axe did say something about the axe 2H form having higher rally. Guessing it's similar to loose or hyper armor from dark souls?

Chalices become available once you kill a certain boss (he's fairly early in the game and unless you buy a key for 10k souls he's mandatory)

They are basically dungeons. More difficult bosses typically, but better gems for your weapons. You need ritual materials for certain chalices which you get throughout the game.

Root chalices are randomized chalices of that type, you can add additional rites like fetitd/rotted/cursed that gives you better loot (FRC for short)

rally is just the life you regain on hit.

If you take a hit, you can regain some of the health you lost by attacking enemies to refill your health. Higher rally means you get back more health per hit.

Protip: Keep attacking after the enemy is dea. You can keep regaining health from them for a few hit/

Sounds cool. I'll keep my eye out for the stuff and chalices.
Ohhh OK I was wondering how I occasionally regained HP out of nowhere. Thanks