New car

Hi, I'm getting this car tomorrow. Camaro 1SS 2017 in this color. It will also be my first manual car. Is there anything I should know? Any beginner's tips? Don't be assholes for no reason, it is my first manual cause I always got deals on automatic cars.

Is 455 hp going to be too much?

>this post will trigger them hard

>tiny windows

>implying you could get round that in under 3 minutes in either car

and i am getting a golden Rolls.

I'm happy for Ford. Why should this trigger me? I like mustangs too. There's just too many where I live.

Not much i can say other than have you test drove it or at least seen one/been inside in person? if so you probably already know the limited visibility so mirror-use should be a higher priority than what you are use to in most cars.

Other than that you should enjoy it.

Congrats man you made the right choice. If you haven't driven one of these cars before just know the biting point is really short so it'll take some getting use to and you might stall it a few times.

>Is 455 hp going to be too much?
Not at all, just don't use too much throttle and keep the gear low

Oh and ignore the jealous bus riders

I'll post pictures tomorrow if you want (but you probably don't care). I even got my serial number. It's waiting to be shipped to the dealer tomorrow. I was going for a V6 1LE but the dealer didn't want to sell me one without the racing cam, leather seats, bose audio and other bullshit, I ended up buying the naked V8.

>jealous
nope. i prefer cars that can turn

What do you mean biting point is short? Do you mean it is located low on the clutch pedal, or that a tiny fraction of the pedal is the biting point?

Should've bought a Mustang gt

People really do picture collages of brands they don't like?

Big v8s are the best cars to learn on imo. Much harder to stall when taking off which is a big part of the learning curve.

I've got a GT and it's very easy to DD, nice car user.

>different drivers
Nobody cares about car and driver.

How does keeping the gear low help me? Doesn't it give more power to the throttle?

Nah it's about 2/3s of the way up. Yah a tiny fraction of the pedal is the biting point compared to some trucks where the engagement point is wider. Unless the 2017 model is different.

Sorry, I really dislike older Camaros. I'm not a Camaro guy. I'm a gen 6 Camaro guy. I'd rather have the civic in your picture.

The times you just posted were also done by different drivers.

Seriously I don't come to Veeky Forums often but you guys really must have giant image folders to try and bait people like this. Why are you so aggressive? Can't you be happy for me?

Feels like you're paid by someone to try to trigger me, which won't work.

[citation needed]

Meant gear ratio so higher gears when possible. If you keep it around 2k rpm you're engine will be giving you 200 hp so it's much more manageable. See pic for a dyno of the 2016 camaro

Because it's a shit car. A Mustang gt has bigger windows and better styling.

Very high and flat torque curve and very steady power increase as rpms rise. Pretty easy car to manage.

aight got it. jesus, torque is really high all the way through, is it not? this car will want to move me. I didn't even try one before buying.

unless these drivers are identified the lap times are useless.

Yeah man the windows are tiny. I rented a 2016 5.0 in Vegas this year and I didn't love it.

>spoon feed me mommy!

Outgoing z28 is only slightly slower than a brand new fully redesigned competitor

you called it

When is alpha z28 slated for production?

not any time soon. they couldn't get it to turn.

How much you paying? They're pretty ugly fucking cars I would get a Challenger scat pack or hellcat

>modern car
>high HP/TQ

you'll do just fine if you can understand the basics. quick review on youtube (matt farah has decent how to). You probably have a helper spring so the clutch will be easy af. if brand new your clutch might start feeling 'different' after a certain amount of miles.

Take like 1 hour of just learning the biting point in a parking lot. forward, stop, forward stop, over and over. Try reverse too.

>i wouldn't buy an SS

Odds are at the end of this year it will get debut but the z28 is kinda the end of the line car for camaro. It comes in the last few years of the generation and then they go to the next gen.

Might be debuted with the new camaro racecar they have coming out.

I forgot the link but supposedly gm has some patents and trademarks for a a few engines that havent been officially annouced but tuning companies and race teams already got a peak at.

Fords probably waiting for the z28 to release a gt500 and chevy is probs waiting for a gt500 to announce the z28

I would prefer my mom to tit feed me.

slower than a fucking ricer
oh that's sad
guess vtec kicked in
lolcan'tturn

Camaro thread? I'm also in your position OP, just bought pic related and get it on Saturday, 2015 2SS/RS. It's auto but idc couldn't pass up the deal

>auto
>couldn't pass up the deal

what did the dealer tell you that makes you think that lmao

V8 manual on the Alpha platform for under 40 grand? Fucking amazing

its a shame the windows are tiny though

and that he'll never be able to turn it off the lot

The fact that the only manual I could find had double the kms, cost 5grand more and was a base model SS but either way you'll still cry >lmaoautocuck so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

post location

Ontario

>buying a car you havent test-driven

>implying people let plebs test drive their brand new cars

You will be glad later though. V6 pony cars create the epitome of trim envy. Nobody gives a fuck that it's base, it's a v8 and that's the only thing anyone (including you) will ever care about

Alpha platform is a really great handling chassis

it looks even sexier with the racing stripes.

welcome to the senpai, my good sir! i've had my 2016 since may. also a manual, and a 1ss. the visibility takes about a half hour of driving to get used to unless you have no spatial awareness, then it'll take a bit longer. my mom drove mine from the dealership to my parents house after the car's first oil change@1500(break-in oil change) and she had no problem with either the power nor the visibility.(i dropped the car off, and went on vacation).

from one 6th gen to another, here's some advice.

if you plan on driving in the snow, the f1 asymetric runflats are absolutely fucking horrible in anything over the first snowflake to touch down.

DO NOT BEAT ON THE CAR UNTIL AFTER THE BREAK IN PERIOD REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE DEALERSHIP SAYS! there are specific break-in guidelines for the tranny and rear end, too!

let the car warm up at least to the point where the idle levels out.

get a throttle controller. ( i have a vitesse one). that takes the sponge pedal out of the first half of the pedal.(i set mine to sp5).

don't use technology mode on the dash, it just looks gay.

>Ford has to redesign an entirely new car to go 1.1 secs faster
I don't even like chevs but lmao

if you're getting it from the dealership, make sure it has the media package(the 8 inch HMI(read:tablet)) as it is fucking amazing and easily hackable if you are so inclined.

Maybe squeezing more power out of a much smaller displacement engine while staying na? Does nothing for you? 1 second faster per lap adds up quickly in racing.

Mad props for making a flat plane V8 work at that displacement, it was received wisdom from Ferrari that you couldn't make one that big and have it still rev.

Also gotta respect democratizing Carbon Fiber wheels.

But unless you're willing to live with the batshit sensibilities of the R, the GT350 runs in the same performance bracket as the SS1LE, but the Camaro is $30,000 cheaper real price to real price.

You could always get the V6 1LE, that thing looks sick as fuck

you mean this one?

That's why i don't understand why they didn't put it in the Ford GT. they could've proved to Ferrari that they could do something they couldn't and try to whoop their ass with it.

Jesus fuck ford!

That is a fucking beautiful car OP. I've read that a plane taking off is a ~6 second 0-60 and that feels crazy so I can't imagine what a 4ish second 0-60 time feels like. Probably like god himself is thrusting you forward

How fucking rich are you?

>Fords probably waiting for the z28 to release a gt500 and chevy is probs waiting for a gt500 to announce the z28

I doubt that's the case, the GT500 has always been about big power while GM has made the z28 more track orientated. They're not really competing for the same market.

GM just announced the camaro ZL1 1LE, which is the car that crashed at the nurbughring and not the z28 like everyone originally thought. I don't think they'll announce a z28 soon. I do expect Ford to announce a GT500 later this year now that the mustang's finally getting the 10 speed auto tranny.

>if brand new your clutch might start feeling 'different' after a certain amount of miles.

No bullshit?

I just bought my first new manual and I was kinda worried that something was wrong.

>will 455 hp be too much
As long as you don't mash the throttle you'll be fine. Other than that, I'd advise you to practise driving manuals on rentals (who am I kidding there are no manual rentals in the US) or a $500 shitbox so you don't toast the camaro's clutch unnecessarily.

it was snowy when i bought it. didnt get to try it.

thank you. they receive the car today but i take possession friday.

take performance driving classes

My friends tried those and told me they really help. There's also winter driving classes for powerful RWD cars, I think I'll do that since I plan on using the car in winter. Bought my tires already, staying on 20 inch all year round.

I hope it won't be that bad.

Camaro thread who dis?

Post sheet.

Snow isn't a problem if you know how to drive. My 400hp LS2 Cadillac has been the easiest manual car I've ever owned to drive.

i have near 16k on my 16ss and the clutch feels no different. *shrug*

>buying meme cars that everyone on the road has seen a million times

I saw 1 gen 6 Camaro here in the last year. Popularity is a big turning point for me on the cars I buy. I only buy cars that I don't see anywhere. There's at least 400 Mustangs per Camaro here.

>Guys in the back covering their ears

Lol nice

That's the thing, muscle/pony cars are so rare compared to SUVs, pick ups, and sedans. I see only a handful of them compared to the mountains of SUVs. Of course I live in an area with a lot of old people but still.

Of course dodge vipers, z28s, and zl1 are even more rare and I never see them. Corvettes I see because of all the old boomers but still no one else drives them.

Ideally I'd like to see these cars as common if not more common than crossovers that people don't really need.

>Can't you be happy for me?
> I don't come to Veeky Forums often
It's obvious you don't even come to Veeky Forums often. You sound like a bitch.

none of them can turn

post pictures when you crash it within the week

>which won't work
clearly it already has

Wait for the 1LE niggadobruh

does someone want to explain to me what the fuck chevy did to the design of the camaro?

the 2015 was perfect and then here comes 2016 and its a melted blob piece of shit with ugly taillights

I know right.

How much are you parents paying for it?

>Jelly that his parents don't love him enough and are successful enough to buy him a car

Hehehe oh user it'll be ok

Yes 450hp will be too much with a car that heavy and that shitty gearbox.

Lmao that fucking woman's car

Post your tits bitch

Please leave. Don't let yourself become a regular here, it's pure cancer. Nothing anyone says makes any sense, no one has ever driven the cars they argue about, they only compare numbers and spew memes. Leave now and nuke us please, just end it.

It's a fucking CTS-V. You're a god damn moron.

being this retarded... the 2015 has both ugly headlights and ugly tail lights

3680 lbs, T6060.

heavy and shitty gearbox.....

umwhat?

It would be mercy killing at this point

Bully.

You can get a 1200hp mustang from lebanon ford

>GM
lol

How much did you pay?

>my good sir!
*tips fedora*
go to leddit

I'm happy for you.

I bought a 2010 Camaro 2SS recently and it was my first manual car as well. I heard the 2016+ Camaros have really easy clutches and are really easy to learn with. You'll do just fine. Only thing is that you will stall a few times depending on how fast you learn and it will be embarrassing. Took me a month to actually drive stick without thinking about it. As for 455HP being too fast: It's not too fast... lol. Just try not to get in trouble because you'll be driving faster than you think until you look at the speedometer and you're probably driving 20 over

>bought first manual car
>bought a car you can't see out of

Enjoy crashing it. Should have bought a Mustang.