/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't hide in the corner:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Velka answers in the DLC.

Welcome to Pixal Souls

that looks so much cooler than smugh actually does

Is this an actual game or is it just art?

Honestly this is why the western fanbase is so confused by and obsessed with Velka because of that crow symbolism. In Japan crows aren't tricksters, they're more like you said with Athena owls, messengers of the gods who bring divine wisdom, and they have a really strong link to rebirth and the sun.

This is why her Crow is what brings you to Lordran in DS1 and why she's so closely linked to Gwyn and the Flame.

>did someone make an amazing looking 2d dark souls remake and I never heard about it?
>or did someone shit out some pixel fanart
you tell me

Pardoning sin could be considered its own form of death and rebirth eh?

You are now in the Souls universe. Pick your most realistic role.

>the slutwear is making a comeback
Based Memeazaki.

Crestfallen Warrior

See filename.

Well it's why I was asking
I don't have the time to be on top of everything

Crestfallen merchant

this guy

oh fug

Oswald

If you eat enough eggs wacky shit happens senpai

>the Sorcerer outfit actually had gender differences
Holy shit, I never noticed this. The female Sorcerer actually looks kind of cute with that little bow.

FINALLY, SOMEONE IS AS INVESTED IN THIS AS ME

probably

It's okay that you're not, I just don't want to feel alone right now.

That vagrant represents all the deaths of everyone who ever played DS1-2-3. So it's a big vagrant a shiet

>play the game for the first time
>have just managed to beat the gargoyles
>just rung the first Bell
>make your way down the ladder
>suddenly there's some creepy bastard in full black leather and the complexion of a dead man with outstretched arms, completely unmoving, and just staring at you.

Thou art a friend. For thee, a warm welcome.
He's a very nice man, just a little lonely and confused

See, my current theory (if it's a vagrant) is that she 'controls' the Vagrants through both time and space for whatever reason. Maybe they're creatures that retrieve dropped souls/humanity and transport them back to her?

Hollow pyromancer.

Someone had crablegs for dinner.

it shows in odd ways too, Domnhall, Logan and Oswald can't be drained of any humanity with a dark hand just like Oscar or the Crestfallens. They're on the very brink of hollowing out but they have a purpose that keeps them going and keeps them happy.

>humanities student
Would that be intelligence, or faith?

Deprived.

>Humanities
You'd be a darkwraith.

Please, like everyone here isn't going to be a Cleric who is saving their virginity for God.

Fair enough.

Knight or Wanderer.

>its too bright in here
>my souls hurt
>this guy keeps coming down and kicking me into the lake
>I wish I was back in New Londo

You will never ever see Vagrants mentioned in any way, shape or form beyond the first game. They were a mechanic that had no lore.

Sirris isn't showing up on the bridge and I haven't had her visit for the Darkmoon gesture. But I haven't done anything with the Fingers. What happened?

And they were a mechanic most of the playerbase doesn't even know exists, be glad they recycled the cooler parts of the visual design and that's that.

While that's entirely possible, you can't deny that they look astonishingly similar. It's possible that they're going to 'give' a lore explanation for them.

As much as I'd love that, it's extremely likely not going to happen.

THAT SAID, they have the same back cancer on their backs that the petrified Demons have in Smoldering Lake and Oceiros.

Studying chem so I'd probably go to Dragon school and try bullshit alchemy.

Then drop out like Felkin for being more interested in the dark

Bro that's Sorcerer.

Some hybrid of Wanderer/Thief.

>the abyss is manus' will resonating with all humanity around it
>abyss magic involves granting a fleeting will to humanity like manus did, such as emotions, feelings, or ideas
>dark magic is the transfer of emotions/ideas to humanity
>the technical term for the transfer of emotions/ideas among humans is memes
>dark magic is memes
>humanity degrees is the study of culture and memes

Holy shit, Miyazaki was a social sciences student.

>Dragon school dropouts are like Felkin
So does that mean that the Abyssal areas are actually like the sticks in fly over states in the areas don't see?

You will never make a better looking female in DS2

How come they chose precisely the Mytha's soul as the one from dark souls 2 to make into the dlc?
Earthen peak wasn't the worst location but it was one of the very most forgettable ones with a boss and its soul so not sticking out its bizarre they chose this
can we even hope that the poison dagger will have some crazy moveset or weapon art?

slutgear

I'm onto you, Cleric.

See, now THAT'S the spirit. The best part of any launch/DLC is the speculation. And, the fact that the inside of the egg looks mushy and dark and is associated with humanity, and the fact that Vagrants appeared in response to a great loss of humanity, and that we're heading to the location of the furtive pygmy...there're a lot of correlations. At least, enough to merit speculation.

I've never seen a Vagrant are they rare or have I just not played enough.

>How come they chose precisely the Mytha's soul as the one from dark souls 2 to make into the dlc?
They didn't you fucking idiot. Vaati put the description of her soul and dagger in as reference. Read the legend at the top you god damned mongoloid, it says italics bits are for reference.

>dark magic is memes
I always knew Darkwraiths were a bunch of screeching NEETs freaking out since we walked into their room without knocking.

Extremely rare. Most people haven't seen one. I played DaS1 for 2,000 hours and only ever saw three.

they're practically and by that I mean in all practical situations, impossible to come across unless someone is deliberately creating them.

they appear when someone in another game loses a bloodstain with a large amount of souls or humanity in it or drops an item and causes it to despawn, the item will then spawn in someone else's world and if they don't pick that up when it despawns it'll turn into a vagrant in someone else's.

Rare even when people played all the time. They only appear when someone in a world loses a lot of Humanity or drops an item on the ground. They come in a passive variety and an aggressive one. Killing them gets you whatever was dropped from the death/drop.

>lucifer_dyke.bmp

You probably won't ever see one at this point. They appear when a bloodstain with enough souls/humanity (I forget) is lost. But with the state of online and the age of the community means that huge piles of souls are no longer being lost in DS1.

God, old iron king fight is so bad, i dont even dislike the design, not even the concept of the fight even if it's quite generic, it's just the molasses speed of the fight that is terrible. Specially after you just fought one of the better base game bosses that ISNT a snail fight (Smelter). On the famous words of that e-celeb.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

>impossible to come across unless someone is deliberately creating them
I had a build specifically for this. 99vit, 76 poise, ring of favor, life ring, mom's mask, tranquil walk of peace, dark hand, and darkwraith rank 3. Invade somebody, TWoP+hand them for 10 humanity, then run away and jump off a cliff. Invade again without picking up my bloodstain so it bounces out, steal humanity, repeat.

Something about the idea of giving people crabs over the internet just made be feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

that's what i get for never reading the legends
you don't have to be so mean tho

>the woman with the egg is velka
>the egg hatches vagrants who travel to other worlds to transfer what would otherwise be lost amounts of souls and humanity, balancing the levels of light and dark and keeping the fire healthy
>something has stopped her from doing this and this is why the fire is dying
>there's an obtuse ending involving multiple random key items (and the pendant, the most important item in dark souls) that allows you to fix this and let her return to her balancing work, and then link the fires knowing the process is viable again

>Something about the idea of giving people crabs over the internet just made be feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Well now I feel weird about the vagrant I saw all those years ago.

I'd be less annoyed if this wasn't the fifth time I'd seen it.

Which probably means the fault is vaati's for taking sloppy notes, if we're being honest.

OP pasta has a heavily trimmed version of his notes that cuts out all the bullshit.

Everyone else was more or less waiting around to die. Domhnall and Oswald had express purposes in their lives, Oswald to absolve and accuse sinners, and Domhnall to spread good cheer and odd trinkets. The guy managed to be happy in the Depths, essentially the local slums, at the gates of Blighttown, a place not known for its jolliness. We should all strive to be like the lunatic pardoner and the eccentric merchant

This is so neck twistingly retarded that it makes perfect sense for dark souls

I've played for thousands for hours and only ever saw one. A friend of mine said he ran into one on a low level character and died to its CHSM.

>tfw saw one my first playthrough in the Kiln dying to Gwyn
>didn't even know what it was
>had to google little crab
>don't even remember which variant it was

Found this on reddit. Really makes me ponder.

It sounds a lot like From to give post-meaning to seemingly innocuous mechanics. It also sounds a lot like From to have planned this from the start and banked on our unquestioning acceptance of a really weird thing.

Maybe Vagrants are responsible for why Souls and Humanity disappear if you don't pick them up, and they're brought back to wherever she is for the sake of removing them from circulation? Thus, a mechanical explanation for why things go hollow the more that they die?

Someone already pointed this out three threads ago.

I have no clue what you're talking about. Look at my sorcerer spell stick. It cast spells. I promise.

Nah man im hella invested in this and im glad i saw this senpai
Same here brah ;_;

As others have said they're just really damn rare, between around 500 hours on the 360 and 150 on PC I've only ever seen 3, 2 on 360 and 1 on PC.

:3 I feel super good for catchin' this, actually, it makes me feel like I'm not just some mouthbreather who isn't contributing to lorecrafting. Thanks.

don't the pilgrims kinda resemble Mergo's Wet nurse? Spoooooky

pyromancer
i want to study and control nature and the darkness within man

So Ludleth really is the Soulfeeder from the Skull Ring's description?

why does this make so much sense
it's so stupid but it makes so much sense reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Any chance you could provide screenshots of what you mean?

that one hollow that tries to push you off the edge in irthyll dungeon

The hollow in undead asylum who's just sitting in that waist deep pool of water

I went with fire because while i do have alot of humanity, im probably gunna go into NG+ so ill probably need them and i dont trust myself to not lose them.

So, this is the best I could do with this guy's description. Can't find a picture of the Demon's back cancer.

WE MIGHT BE ON THE VERGE OF A THING.

Oh.

I thought i was through with dark places after the catacombs.

it's reminiscent of parasitic fungus

>tfw successfully give some cuck's handgold phantom the succ during an invasion

heh... thanks for the HP,,, nothing bersonnell

Daw the little humanity sprites look so cute

Did you find anything special in Oolacile Township using the Sunlight Maggot? Some of the hidden areas have special messages nearby. And one of the things you find helps a LOT for the next boss.

Anyone want to setup a SL60 aldritch gank squad for the SOLE purpose of getting dorkmoons some ears?

Pass: dsg
Put your signs down at the water reserve bonfire.

use meme weapons to bully invaders

It is. Which, implies that both Oceiros and the Vagrants are being controlled. If the chick in the trailer is in fact the third daughter, Gertrude, we have a direct relationship between Seath (who Oceiros followed/studied/whatever)/Gwynevere and Gertrude.

PCfriends only, sorry consolebuds

Ill go back and rescour the place, just found a shortcut.

Oh shit sorry when I said you have one enemy left and he's weak to fire and resists lightning I thought you had finished the DLC already, the guy you're coming up against is actually the opposite.

YES, AN OFFICER OF THE LAW HAS COME TO HELP

GOD I HOPE WE WIN

Find the rooms in Smoldering Lake that have the bird-demon pyromancer things embedded in the walls. They have it on their backs. The room with the Izalith tome has one.

>get invaded by a guy
>character is a low level weak miracle based one
>he drops me 10 embers
>BC's out
>adds me
>some Chinese player
>bit of a language barrier but he decides to help me through the next multiple areas
that was odd but very kind of him.

Must show the proper respect to Artorias-san

I love encounters like that

Friendly reds and purples are always the most fun players