So, Veeky Forums opinions of

So, Veeky Forums opinions of
>pic related
>kia forte5 SX

I was thinking of this being my alternate hatchback if for some reason I can't finance volkswagen golf gti, any other alternatives between the two as for turbo charged hatchbacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIoetbjUeuA&t=674s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What is a Fiesta ST

I'll take "Hot Hatches" for $800, Alex.

>Ford

Ok, lets be serious here.

the kia is bascially the velosturd btw i have owned a velosturd turbo for a year and a half now

its looks alot like that mazda hatchback, and friend of mine got it, and my other friends are saying he owns a lesbian car.

I actually picked up a 2016 Forte5 SX last month, I can answer some questions

I'd take a ford over a Kia/Hyundai any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Seriously. For the longest time I wasn't a fan of Ford, but they got a lot better with their partnership with Mazda.

The meeting basically went like this:
"Hey Mazda! You take care of the small engines, and we'll take care of the big ones! All the while sharing R&D."

>I can answer some questions

What do you like/don't like about the vehicle after driving it?

What were family/friends responses about your purchase?

Did you have buyers remorse?

That is all I have for now.

keep your current car and fix it. or get a civic for 3k.

>any other alternatives between the two as for turbo charged hatchbacks?
Ford Fiesta ST
Ford Focus ST
Chevrolet Sonic LT, and LTZ
Honda Civic Sport
Chevrolet Cruze hatchback
Hyundai Elantra GT
Hyundai Veloster Turbo (you need to be castrated to own one)

and some CUVs that are technically hatchbacks just sold as CUVs in America because that's what's hot right now.
Infiniti QX30
Mercedes Benz GLA-class
Nissan Juke
Buick Encore
Chevrolet Trax
All are turbocharged hatchbacks. You never said they had to be performance oriented.
youtube.com/watch?v=kIoetbjUeuA&t=674s

I would if it wasnt 1992 nissan sentra, once I fix one thing, another thing breaks. I wish I built credit when I was younger so I could have newer car.

Well if you keep fixing it eventually it won't need anything. Do you seriously not have 2-3k for a newer car?

I just moved to a new place, I only have 250 dollars to my name. I just got a new job since my other job laid me off as I was moving.

My credit sucks so I can't finance a new vehicle

Can't save money because current vehicle keeps breaking down
>new tires
>new battery
>new alternator
>new water pump
>new rotors
>new brake pads

>key broke and had locksmith extract and give me a new key

The muffler just rusted off, and the exhaust pipe rusted off, too. so I driving without a exhaust, already got pulled over and given a warning

and all of this happened within the last 3 months.

lol I would be happy if I had 3k to spend on a vehicle.

Getting a new car is pretty easy, even on bad credit.

Hyundai usually has really high incentives/rebates so that you wont even need a down payment. Go to a Hyundai dealer and ask to testdrive an Elantra. Let them run your credit to see what your monthly payments would be. Then ask if they have any 2016 stock of the Elanrta GT or Veloster Turbo left.

>Infiniti QX30
my credit is 540,

I haven't called many dealerships/user car places

but it usually ends with

>need 2k minimum to put money down

I can call hyundai to find out, but I am going to assume I will be given the same response.

>wear item
>wear item
>fair
>fair
>wear item
>wear item

maybe you should've budgeted better when you had a job.

don't encourage him. he'll be underwater from day one.

Mine was sub 600 as well. Probably right around yours.

Don't call, I would physically go. It's different when the salesman sees you in person. They see the potential sale and do everything they can.

Phone reps just read scripts.

It all depends on how much you can afford to pay each month. You'll get a shitty APR because your credit is bad, but if you can make $3-400 payments a month, a year from now your score will be much higher.

Whoops.

DON'T do this if you don't have a steady job, and/or can't afford the monthly payments, obviously.

If you can't put down 20% you can't afford it.

I had a job when all of this happened, Its been a week since I've been out of a job.

Essentially past 3 months all of my paychecks went into the car just to keep it going. I might've finally hit breather to start accumulating money.

With my bad credit, I might see if I can get secure credit from my bank, and get my credit score higher.

That much I know, like I said above about my credit score.

I might do that for ~6 months, and use turbotax feature to check my credit score on monthly basis.
>transunion
>equifax

I believe that is the two that dealerships use to check credit score.

OP here, I might go for the used car route, and see if there have anything in the 15k range, obviously after getting higher credit score, and have better chance for a loan.

Hell, they'll give you a 10-20% rebate if you just wait for the right moment when it's available.

$3,500 cash as a "rebate" was essentially used as my down payment. Plus OP has the existing shitbox that will probably be good to knock out at least one of the 72 months of payments.

Specifically right now Hyundai seems to have the best deals for people that want to lease, though it never hurts to talk to a dealer.

protip: everyone gets that rebate.That just means they give you an imaginary discount because they'll make that much in interest off of you.

Hate to bump this back from the dead, but i fell asleep last night so I'll drop some quick answers for you in case you're still watching your thread.

I like: the warranty, the price, the styling, the power is meh but it's adequate for a fun daily, the interior and all the tech (I'm 6'3" and have tons of extra space)
I don't like: numb steering, floaty suspension when you push it, the auto has a tendency to hunt for gears in traffic

Friends and family love it as much as i do, many simply said "this is a Kia!?" when they sat in it for the first time. Girlfriend likes it a lot, it's quick-ish and fun to hit boost but it's still approachable and sane enough to daily without a second thought

I have zero buyers remorse, but it's only been about a month now. I got it at a crazy good price ($18,500 out the door) and put down almost 25% in cash. If you've only got $250, financing a new car is not in your future but if you can somehow swing it, the Forte5 SX is a great little warm hatch to consider

this
I don't understand the Ford reliability maymay. I understand there automatic Fiestas are fucking garbage but the ST is good

Nigga if you ain't got cash why are you buying a new car

Serious answer hyundai accent is like $10k and should be more what you are looking at, either that or the fabelled 3k civic

I've got one as my DD, I really like it
If you get the sx, its pretty sporty the turbo has very little lag since its so small