/ceg/ - Conan Exiles General

Crippling Edition

>Official Links
Website - conanexiles.com/
Steam Store - store.steampowered.com/app/440900/

>What is Conan Exiles?
Conan Exiles is a survival game made by the devs of Age of Conan, and it's currently on the Early Access fun ride.

>Official Premium Veeky Forums Servers
old server : 167.114.159.112:7927 (Veeky Forums videogames)
new server : 69.162.126.51:7777 (Veeky Forums hyena funhouse)

>Server not showing in the list?
Go to your Properties for Conan Exiles on Steam, and open the Launch Options, then type in : +connect 167.114.159.112:7927 or +connect 69.162.126.51:7777

>Helpful hint of the day
Don't go north of the southern river until you have full armor and are at least Level 10.

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/wJGbGde
youtube.com/watch?v=PxZV9lgV2Wg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>old server
new IP if anyone cares: 104.143.12.130:7927

IT BEGINS

YOU WILL BE RAPED

PEOPLE WILL BE HAVING SEXYTIMES IN BUSHES

PEOPLE WILL BE RAPED BY THE WILDLIFE

YOU WILL BE RAPED

NIPPLERINGS

LEWD CLOTHES

GANGRAPES IN THE STREETS

RAPE EVERYWHERE

WELCOME TO CONAN MOTHERFUCKER

NO ONE WILL BE SAVED

Snek Dick

I'm still looking for people to join us clovered autist on a public server.

>tfw no big strong husbando to protect me from the savage rapists
>tfw will never forage for berries and maintain his castle while he is out on a hunt

dont let your dreams be dreams. lots of guys in my clan that would be your husbando.

Will they keep me safe from the savages and build us a fire to keep us warm through the night?

>want protection
>go out and forage
???

Well obviously my husbando has holocausted all of the savages in the immediate area of the fort before going on the hunt

QUICK POST BASES

Oh they were wiped out once.
My mistake.
No way they can come back then.

more than that

>join vg server
>roll character
>"strangling a money lender"
kek

started up one yesterday but then I had to kill it
rip

>building on the ground.
gross
Cliff side is the meta right now and is maximum comfy too

b-but that is a cliff

yeah with access from the ground.
just takes someone with steel to rip right through those walls...
building on a cliff side or on top of a mesa you can't walk up means you just need to collapse stairs and your base is safe.

>building the wall that close to the metal ores
I bet you even despawned them.

why would someone want to rip through my walls?

ores are irrelevant, and even so, there's thousands in this area
problem was despawning all the NPCs behind despite having good space away, so it had to be kill

Man and here i thought i was the only one who thought of doing that.

It's established as meta and literally impervious(no fun allowed) to any attempt at attack beyond godly intervention.

a built up stone base like that is easy pickings.
half the dura on my sword and pick for all that metal and tar. easy benefit.

>all that metal and tar
wut metal and tar
don't even need doors on the comfy server

How are structures held up in this game?
Can you fuck up this tower by taking out all the bottom walls?
If yes, would it need to be all of them, or does it currently follow the model of ten thousand tons can stand as long as there is an unbroken connection to a single block on the ground?
I want to play ace of spades right about now

From what I can tell just by experimentation, foundation blocks like foundations, walls, or columns provide a numerical "support value" that decays by an amount the further away from the foundation you get.

If you cut down the pillars in the middle, chunks of the ceiling that require the support value from those pillars would collapse.

This is all an assumption though.

That is how it works. You can see the support value by equipping the repair hammer. I think 20 is the minimal value anything can have.

How do I check how many players are in the server I'm playing on?

when is hard benis come to game?

>don't even need doors on the comfy server
That's because no one is playing on your server

aha, the key to beating cheater rhinos, swing up

The one thing that really stops me wanting to invest time in a game like this is the idea that the server you play on will either be cancer, become cancer later, or whoever is paying for the server just decides to stop.

Really wish they had some kind of MMO megaserver system instead.

>mmo
No

by the time that happens you'll be ready to take a break or start over.

Powerleveled on a server using those reddit guides. So easy. Anybody who builds tier 1 bases are probably actually retarded and deserve to have them shredded.

Unless you're using a cliff base, which is okay, but definitely nowhere near as aesthetic.

well done, user, you've won!

>play on hyena
>steel weps
>retards blaming each other for getting attacked at river cuz i'm wearing light armor and wrecking them all
>robbing everyone's bark for more steel

>guide says to go to stygger town
>there's at least 4 people clearing the city

>check guides
>it turns out I've done everything shit and I'm already lvl 12

Maybe it's time to make a new character.

>using guides
>not just going in blind and playing by feel for muh RP

>Found out strength is useless after dumping into it
>Same with bows/Crossbows and dumping into accuracy
Are Agility and Vitality really the only 2 important stats?

yes

Why is agility so important

I was told vit,enc and grit are the best.

Worked for me at least.

+armor

>That absolutely comfy interior
10/10

>comfy
>most internal walls unlit
>no platforms beyond the ascending staircase

it's literally front page of conan exiles subreddit for past two days, triangles and circles. that tower design is direct copy of diagram.

How did you make those pillars? Did you make ladders for yourself then just removed it afterwards?

>people bitch about ark tames
>these thralls have been cooking for 10 hours

I assume you don't have to actually pay attention to the thralls once they are on the wheel or whatever the fuck it's called and you can just fuck off and come back whenever. If this isn't the case then who the fuck decided 10 hour times was a good idea.

In ark you can't just leave the nigga laying there unconscious with some food in its inventory. If you don't actively pay attention, your potential tame is going to get fucked by either other dinos or the nigga is just going to wake up and go about its business.

Before anyone jumps on me for being wrong on Conan's system, I merely monitor the thread and occasionally shitpost. I don't actually own Conan.

>Start up and check servers
>No server has over 40 players, almost none have more than 15
>Awful ping everywhere
>Everything is 10x XP and harvest
>Join a server
>Game lags to fucking hell and back on the lowest settings even on a decent computer
>NPCs quantum teleporting across the land, immune to melee, but even their misses hit you
>Zero indication that you can pick things up, crafting menu is strangely laggy

Goddamnit

I had that experience when playing on a 14 ping server. But for some reason, playing on hyena funhouse (150 ping) was fine. There was some teleportation, but nothing that made the game unplayable.

Nope, you just toss some food and a thrall in a wheel and ,leave them until they are done training. Same as crafting anything else, really.

Taming in ark is a massive pain in the ass.

discord.gg/wJGbGde

>implying you wouldn't steal his castle

I'm on to your tricks mordred.

I think it's the huge amount of structures being loaded in at once that makes you freeze/get lagspikes

What are you talking about? I am but a fair maiden unfit for wandering this harsh world. If you would not have me by your side then do not cast me out into the dunes, but cast me into your dungeons so that I may have some semblance of peace and shelter in imprisonment.

subs are the worst

Oh, so you rather a queen than maiden in your castle huh? Well I guess I can try that too.

You better let me into our castle right now or else I'm going to blow a hole in the wall and throw your harem of dancers into the hyena pit. Now open up and go make me a fucking steel crown.

That's not ideal but at least it's better than a sub. Gratz user.

Thanks, I aim to improve my waifu shitposting skills a little bit every day.

can you make a stairway to heaven?

Holy fuck, the key bindings tell me nothing

Why can't I equip my brand new pick? Why am I stuck in 3rd person?

You can laugh, but just point me in the right direction, I must have missed the tutorial

Just become a waifu, don't be a shitposter, noone likes a shitposter!

Evens play conan, odds, jerk off

All waifus ARE shitposters by default though, user.

Especially the IRL women.

>hold my hand because I'm too retarded to play video games.

Kys senpai
You'd be nothing but a burden for anybody you play with.

B-but user, I don't know if I can just quit shitposting cold turkey. After all, shitposting can sometimes be fun.

I guess you're right though, and I'll just direct my efforts to be the best waifu I can be!

>the key bindings tell me nothing
>tutorial
holy fuck people these days. What the fuck ever happened to slapping all the buttons on your keyboard to see what each one does? Tutorials were a mistake

I did that you colossal nigger, fucking pressing 1 doesn't equip the axe, what fucking requirement beyond having the axe and pushing the fucking button did I miss?

Is your keyboard plugged in?

If you're stuck in the vanity camera, press v. Otherwise press p (i think) ,use the scroll wheel) or relog. For the other part, is the pick on your hotbar? If not, put it there. If yes, press the button or relog. If shit fucks up, a relog or 4 tend to fix it.

I can move and use other keys just fine. Craft stuff just fine, add to bar, then number keys don't work

Sounds like you need a new CPU. All those actions are governed by the server while actually selecting tools is done on the client. Your CPU is fucking up somewhere along the line and not properly processing your request to equip an axe.

OK I built a new computer but now there's a dick on my FEMALE character!

Gosh I hope I'm within the refund window

Who are the white people of the conan universe?

Nordheimers.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxZV9lgV2Wg

tl;dr generally the most powerful stat spread is 20str, 15agi, 40vit, 10grit, str does make a significant difference in the cheap level range, but if you want to take points out of something to get some encumb you take it down to 15str

readd the pick to your toolbar

Will they add snowy mountains, snowy plains and tundra?

Will they add temperature?

I want to build a big fort in the snowy mountains and see the jungle niggers freeze to death as I sit in my snownigger fort comfy by the fire.

more maps in development

haven't heard that they would

WOW! Thanks for smashing my workbenches that were full of NOTHING and my chests with lots of STONE. I really CAN'T WAIT to farm all that STONE and WOOD again, I might as well do it with a dildo up my ass.

>Will they add snowy mountains, snowy plains and tundra?

Yes they specifically mentioned a snow region

>Will they add temperature?

Unknown

what are the corners of the world like? invisible walls or mountains? i want to hide there

You chose to play on there, so deal with it you fucking nerd.

Ghost wall that kills you if you touch it

It's a part of the lore, the bracelet traps you in this region, and at the start of the game when the bat monster flies off you find a corpse under it with a note that describes seeing people with different colored bracelets on the other side of the north wall, implying you're on some magic grid of exile or some shit.

its green and glows so you will notice where they are

took me 10 hours of playing until i realized there's notes and waterskin around the spawn and that's only after i found some pleb's corpse who couldn't have crafted a waterskin on his own

More importantly, why hyena doesn't show from my list of servers? I need to use steam to enter it.

Server list is region locked. If you're from Europe you won't be able to see American servers

Meant for

I'm a leaf.

sex mods when

2 hours

It's not like I have a choice