/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

u.nya.is/kqviuo.mp4
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/tom-clancy’s-rainbow-six-siege/cid=UP0001-CUSA01800_00-RAINBOWSIXSIEGE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

poop

why not buy it?

first for cutest operator

>SEALs wearing Multicam instead of AOR II

Are you for or against spawnpeeking

>1-2 matchpoint (casual)
>Resorts to this tactic
Really makes you think

oh god i love her so much
if i kill myself will i see her in the aftelife?

>cross region squads on PS4 still not working
>haven't been able to play with my 3 friends since velvet shell dropped

Epic simply epic ubisoft, you fuckers said you'd fix it on Thursday

>concept art shows them with operator worthy guns
>We get meme hollywood weapons and shit camo's with the exception of the SR25
The /k/ in me sometimes bother me with this game.

cuter operator

nth for please buff blitz hes too cute to be garbage

How the fuck do I get better at aiming and reaction time? I tried the "lol just play enough hours" but it only gave me game knowledge. I feel like this game is shit to learn how to aim and react

I'm completely new to this game and I've done a few of the situations and skimmed the pastebin. Give me some organic advice please.

trash

Please this

>not using a motagne charm on blitz
>not using a blitz charm on montagne
>not using a fuze charm on fuze shield

>SCAR-H
>Meme weapon

Out of all of it, it's not

I kind of wish they did the SCAR-L as his primary, and the SCAR-H in some fucked up gucci long ass DMR mode

2/2 and fix head hitbox. not too hard, jewbisoft
if you're reaction time is shit, just pre-fire and strafe corners
learn maps

stay still while you spawn

What anime is this again? Something Ghibli?

u.nya.is/kqviuo.mp4

This game is pretty fun!

said it last thread but it was a bit of a draw, so who should I buy?

blackbeard or buck

if you become a memelord and roam, hide in a place moderately far away from the objective and wait for shit to hit the fan before stepping in.
If youre in a safe spot, looking at a window, and see a shield jimping in, either blow his brains out OR wait for his teammates to come in and kill them before them (assuming you havent been seen nigga).
board random rooms and make a gap so attackers freak out. make murderholes like a nigger BUT inform your team and stay away from them,
Im platinum so im trash anyway take it with a grain of salt

Don't wait until the guy comes on your crosshairs. Even if the situation seems like he'll walk into them just don't unless you are holding an angle for your team. Be active and seek confrontations when you know you can take them because waiting for the other to appear on your screen in a game where he'll have like 10 years of peeker's advantage to fuck you up will make you a shit player and you'll go "HOW THE FUCK DID HE FUCKING GRRAAAAA"

>2/2 and fix head hitbox. not too hard, jewbisoft
epi lolreddit said some time ago that they would literally never fix blitzs head. as much as i love using him, hes a complete cuck until his shield is fixed and flash improved.

They made Mira's helmet not part of her hitbox, why the fuck can't they do the same to blitz

This.
Also, try this, it works for me:
When on defense, find a window that you think attackers will use. Match it to one of the cardinal points on your compass, and find a windoy, (preferably above but below the objective sometimes works), and wait fot the inevitable idiot to come by.
it just works

Yeah, I think this is how I die a lot. I'll be looking for a target and then get 2 shot in the head/neck by a guy through a small tear in the wall across the room.

The game is currently on sale in the PSN store.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/tom-clancy’s-rainbow-six-siege/cid=UP0001-CUSA01800_00-RAINBOWSIXSIEGE0

Because he's already "set" in game. As far as I know, the game doesn´t let them change the character's hitbox.
While I understand that, I can't help but wonder why cant they enlarge his shield as they did on montagne.
It's pretty sad because, being a CQC focuses shield-specific operator, you wil literally always lose in an engagement, even if you flash someone.

That doesn't make sense, how can you not change the hitbox?

>As far as I know, the game doesn´t let them change the character's hitbox.
That's a really nice /r6g/ tier assumption

would be better if it was Caveira and Pulse behind the rock with Jacka as spongebob

Probably Buck but I find BB's gun choice to be fucking stellar, and now with Mira being played every game he can perfectly fit into her window with his Rifle Shield up and be completely protected.

F

buck
blackbeard is not fun

That'll be nice if it wasn't 60 hp

Capitao.

>joined first MP match
>die twice and never see the guy who killed me
Is this normal?

f

>blackbeard is not fun
Brother hanging from a window popping niggers while they cant shoot is real fun.
Buck is fun too, but sledge does his job better imo.

It is nice. I started playing Blackbeard to fuck over every Mira and it's working perfectly so far.

It takes time to be aware of cheap shots. Listening is actually extremely useful to locate threats, and it also means you should make as little noise as possible if you're on the hunt.

Yes. Get used to it. It'll happen waaay until you're above level 80 at least. Of course over the course of time and as you learn the maps and spots it'll happen less but don't expect it to fade for at least 100 hours of playtime

>get a 5 stack on coms
>choose one person as "Six"
>Six is now in charge of everything the team does, from loadouts to positioning and setup
>whoever does best each round is Six for the next round
I've never had more fun playing this game.

Is the rubberbanding normal too?

Teniente Souza is based as fuck. Burning gringos 24/7
Yep. Some people feel comfortable peeking from VERY little holes, some people are very patient and dont mind staying a full 3 minutes on the same spot.
Find your own "style". 9 out of 10 times going commando will get you killed.

You don't just stand there like a retard and look through the hole, you peek like another other Op and the shield gives you two free second chances.

Sadly yes.

It's not normal, but I'm not really surprised when it happens.

Sounds cool if you have friends that dont mind going full autismo.
Will definitely try.

wew
when does it become fun?

not "every match" normal but "happens often enough for it to be a rare feature" normal

>we get brs because lolfavelas
>we dont have the literal only team in mexico capable of actually conducting operations against drug cartels as corrupt as the higher ups are
Step it up ubisoft. I want an operator with a mayan or aztec name. And an FX05 Xiuhcoatl.

When you play with friends. Really.

>Was placed plat last season
>Ended platinum 4
>Had great games because great teams
>All my placement matches this season have been full retards or TKers
>Sometimes against already ranked plats/diamonds

WHY
THE
FUCK
UBISOFT
CANT YOU MAKE
MATCHMAKING
THAT WORKS

Playing in the jungle as the Colombian special forces would be a way better second latin american dlc user

Can sledge open up an entire wall horizontally in under 3 seconds?

>not playing with a 5 man premade
shiggydiggy

Requesting an edit of this with Thermite.

Can buck do this?

uh yeah he has frags

I really, really do not like these images...

yeah and he gets to carry a shotgun at all times and the best DMR and a okay Assault Rifle

>wanting to open up an entire wall and then be subject to reload or alerting the enemy to where you are due to amazingly loud ass gun

>not just smashing the wall and being ready to fuck up bitches

Frankly if Buck could pump like 5 rounds into a Castlecade to open it up I think they'd be balanced

All right you got me.
L85 is still my favirite rifle for a long shot.

>Wanting ANOTHER way to open up castlecades
NYET

>best dmr
>not ots
do you even babushka

Nothing makes my dick more flaccid than hitting a brick wall as Buck, especially when I know Sledge can easily open shit up

Obviously having both of them is also ideal, but unless you are using Buck's DMR, Sledge is the way better pick

>die to charges
>die to hibanas
>die to thermites
>die to ash missiles
>die to sledge
>die to glaz shooting
>die to 13 punches
castlecades are shite desu. they are only good for letting fuze get free kills.

Yeah the gun is pretty good but i was thinking best DMR for Operators you'd actualy wanna pick

When do you hipfire? I've been getting killed a lot by people zooming around corners and hip firing.

>not acknowledging the ebin fuze + glaz combo on Castlecade doors which allow Glaz to turn on god mode and meme on the objective room with almost no repercussions

It's always fun to straight up murder a 1 armor defender from a long range. [spoiler i know headshots do the same, but shooting them in the gut feels too good[/spoiler]
PMM is a god tier pistol too

>ebin fuze + glaz combo on Castlecade doors
exblain

Yeah Glaz's dmg is pretty annoying he will body shoot you in 2 hits even as 3 Armor with Rook plate

btw If you wanna spoiler tag just shift+s newfag

Just press ctrl+s fampai, jesus.

>Shift+S

Nigger what the fuck are you doing

Basically

>Fuze uses cluster charge on Castlecade
>Clustercharge leaves behind super small hole
>Glaz then uses his scoped rifle to peek through hole into objective room
>Glazes rifle penetrates the Castlecade easily, so he is able to shoot into the room through the barricade 20x easier than all other attackers
>Defenders can't even really shoot back out, and anyone in the position to is likely already scoped it on by glaz

Was an amazingly effective combo way back during the early days of Castle being on most defender teams

what if we gave a DMR to a defender?

Yeah I fucked up.

So whats your favorite gun, /r6g/?
Whats your favorite sight?
Pic related both times.

>Pic related
>No pic

I'm worried about you, user.

it would be counterproductive to the spawn peaking epidemic

I blame the jews

my man
i don't give two shits about this game and couldn't name a gun from it if i tried because i've played it for like three hours
but come on

it really bug me how the clip sticks out of the bottom of the handle like that

>Clip

reeeeeeeeee

it really bugs me that you don't know what a clip is

>tfw killed entire attacking team with recruit
ive never clutched a game before, let alone done good with a recruit.

Personal preference. I really like it.
Also, dat sound.
L85A1 is pretty good too. I love me some bullpup designs.