Thingy

What is this shit ? Seen in couple euro cars.
Mostly italian. Pic AlfaRomeo 147

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS717US717&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tab on window frame car&*
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Automatic toll both transmitter?

What? user that's the cap of the blinker fluid reservoir. I can't believe you don't know that.

I have fiat Bravo and it's also has the thing. it looks like you can attach piece of paper to it. Maybe it's for a parking tickets xD

Saw that on some french shitbox yesterday too. Anyone care to clarify ?

wind deflector? eurofag here, never saw that shit.
But that's probably because there ain't too many alfa's on the road LEL

No, those have to sit inside the car, glued to the windshield next to the mirror. In fact it seems op's pic has it as well.

it is located on both sides.

Perhaps it's an air nozzle to blast away rain when you haven't gotten up to speed yet. That would be usefull, right? But it's probably not. I think it's just some advanced aerodynamics or whatever.

never seen that, must be some italo poorfag thing

Pic rel. Fiat bravo

It's the cars clitoris, alfa's have the soul of a beautifull italian mistress, if you tickle it or put some cocaine on it, the car will make weird moaning noises.

Will it squirt out the exhaust too, or does it come out the washer nozzles?

i also had it on my subaru, but my mercedes doesnt have it.

It is a guide for the window as it closes. It is only needed for closing the window when traveling at higher speeds as the airflow sucks the window outward a little bit.

This.

Usually seen on cheaper cars with thinner windows, or that were designed in a way the outward succ is enough to actually fuck with the window mechanism.

she's great at blowing her headgasket and usually they only leak out of the exhaust in the beginning of the relationship.

>when u put the window up but it keep succin

nope. Window is inside seal and there is no way it is guided by this thingy. Bravofag here.

no

>in a way the outward succ is enough to actually fuck with the window mechanism.

how would you know lol? you drive a fiat

I don't have that on my car and I too am an Alfafag...

DEINE ALTE WIRD ES NICHT HERAUSFINDEN!
VERSUCH NICHT ZU WICHSEN!
DUMME FRAUEN AUS DEINER UMGEBUNG FICKEN JEDEN!

just noticed this thing on a 2015 Accord and was about toask Veeky Forums wtf is that thing, such coincidence

its for when the succ is too strong

Can confirm, had a lexus es250 in the past, both sides had TWO tabs. Frameless window car, plenty of play in the windows

go back to fucking reddit, car clitoris and blinker fluid

but cars in duscuss ( alfa 147, bravo ) have frames

>Window is inside seal

Only if your window is perfectly square/rectangular. for all windows with sloped a-pillars (and that's practically all of them) the leading edge won't engage with the seal until the window is rolled all the way up. This tab guides the glass into the seal for the last fraction of an inch, when the aerodynamic pressure pushing it out at high speeds is worse.

Pic related is a vehicle where the window is always seated in the front guide.

>Italian engineering

ohh come on, you have to be trolling. Glass is not bendable, and one part of window is always in seal.

They often add these warts when the car is almost ready to put into production but in the last minute they found annoying wind noise which gets diffused by these things.

You obviously have no idea of what you are talking about, the glass extends for a good portion below the window edge.
The permanently hidden part of the glass has straight sides and it's continuously engaged in the guides.
Even in cars that have a slope that starts right at the lower window edge (giving you the false impression that the front side is free to wobble around as it pleases), there is no free movement whatsoever.

There is no bending, no engagement on the guide at the last inch, no small tab to guide it as it closes.

It's always sliding inside two rails that run the whole height of the door.

I don't know what the thing in the OP is, I've seen ( and been in) plenty of cars with it, but I could never figure it's purpose. One thing is for certain, it's not for guiding the glass, it doesn't even come close to the glass even at high speed.

glass isn't bendable but the regulator mechanism is which is a source of extracurricular window movement outside of the planes of movement that the window tracks restrict it to.

civics have them too.

atleast my brother's has that dumb notch on the front windows.

I believe It's there for curved windows so they push into the seal better and not have to rely entirely on the parallel sides.

it literally is for guiding the glass. at high speeds or on an older car it helps

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS717US717&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tab on window frame car&*

Can you show me where you see the little thing you see in the OP? There is nothing in the image search you posted

That's not an image search though. Read either of the top two links. The consensus is that it is a glass guide.

I feel like this is the most likely explanation. Simple, cheap nvh reduction.

Someone break one off and see if it makes a difference.

Take a look at your graphic. When the window is cranked up within an inch or so of being closed (not almost fully open as in your pic), there isn't much glass left in the tracks. With enough aerodynamic pressure, the fee corner of the window can move out due to the track inside the door having some play. It usually has a felt gasket in it.

Of course, you will only notice this effect on a car that actually goes fast.

Weird, it comes up as an image search to me

Dude the guides are straight and parallel all the way up, there is as much glass in the rails when it's completely down as when it's almost closed.