/tesog/ The Elder Scrolls Online General

Bosmer Damsels edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind--announcement-and-details
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Y

ever tim

Needs updating

Yes, What the fuck, OP.

yeah, sorry I just copied and pasted from last thread because we were on page 10 and autosaging. You want updated OP's, you make the thread.

>that Barbara Walters interview where he said he finds it acceptable to slap a woman
>yfw he's never slapped his wife and they've been married over 40 years

>You want updated OP's, you make the thread.

No need to be rude n'wah. I was merely pointing out that the guy who usually updates it should update it in 2 days time when the thread dies.

well, it's why I don't like making the threads, someone's always gotta complain but we were about to just lose the thread entirely again.

anyway, onto game discussion, apparently forcing locks doesn't earn legerdemain experience. wish I'd known that earlier.

Thanks for informing us. That will save some headaches in future.

Where are some pretty decent places to go on b&e sprees or pickpocket+kill combo? Almost everytime I find a place that looks perfect, I end up with 1k bounties

>forcing locks
Who does this?

Mournhold is quite nice.

Personally I'm fond of Abah's Landing.

>spy a chest with intermediate lock
>couple of guards on patrol
>know you'll never finish lockpicking before you're spotted
>force lock
>fail = nothing's changed
>succeed = profit

>I'm fond of Abah's Landing
You've got skills then m8. That city is cursed for me. Might be because of the lantern goons

Try any city that has docks, docks tend to be full of NPCs but rarely guards so even if you get a bounty who cares.

Well a good easy place to start getting your legerdemain up is actually the warehouse in Auridon, no guards, no witnesses so you can just grab stuff from the barrels and fence. As far as the actual stealing goes, it helps for me that I'm a stealthy race, so I can make it harder to detect me. You can also wear Night Terror (stormhaven) or Night Mother's Embrace (Deshaan) sets (or both, they stack) along with the medium armor bonus of 35% reduction in detection radius.

But With forcing lockboxes (making it take less time) I can almost steal from right under their nose. PICKING the lockboxes gets experience, but is more risky. There are some less risky boxes in daggerfall covenent inns, where they can spawn in the bedrooms out of sight. Blade of woe also makes stealing easier just silently killing witnesses. Looting the body of someone you killed with blade of woe also yields stolen items.

I did until I figured out it doesn't give legerdemain exp, and I will again once I get to rank 19 or 20 of the line, and I still will if the lockbox is in a risky place where I can't risk the store owner turning around and spotting me.

The tunnel vision you get when picking locks makes it really easy to get bounties otherwise.

Right. I'll pick a couple sea cities and check auridon out. Thanks guys

docks are good because of all the laborers/fishermen too, they have the highest success rate for pickpocketing.

How bad is it to use a guild just to dump all your items? I horde items for research and i've run out of bank and inventory. I doubt I'd ever use a quarter of it so yeah is it frowned upon to just dump it in the guild bank?

To the new player in the last thread who was selling the drops and quest rewards, stop doing that. Instead, deconstruct it at workbenches/anvils. You have the chance to get metal ingots back, and sometimes trait gems and upgrade widgets. That green sword that you sold for 30 gold may decon and give you a trait gem worth 40 and an upgrade widgets worth 50 - 500, depending on rarity.

Also, this will upgrade your blacksmithing, woodworking, and clothing skill trees. Even if you don't put points into crafting, the higher your skill tree, the higher tier nodes you can find in the world.

Also, I would recommend tossing a point into the hireling skills. It's free crafting mats, and sometimes you'll get gold upgrade widgets that go for anywhere from 3.7k (Kuta, enchanting) to 10k (temper, blacksmithing).

what's the difference in dps between willpower and ia/moondancer?

Oh that's why he was only getting 1k for selling? I thought we were BOTH talking about fencing stolen goods.. I was confused at how you wouldn't get much for that.

Only sell ornates.

So I've just started really, about level 6. Didn't complete all of the Port Hunding quests but the questline I was on ended up with me on a quaint little orc island investigating a cults activities.

Playing a qt breton templar, heavy armour and sword+board. Pretty fun so far, very impressed.

My only question is; I've been blasting all my level up points into magicka, should I start upping my health at any point?

Oh and also: at what level do I get to start doing proper MMO stuff like group dungeons and shit.

No he's talking about someone else.
I more precisely get roughly 2k a run

>should I start upping my health at any point?
Nope. The best way is to focus either entirely on stam or mag. Only if you're very experienced with the game and how the combat works is it advisable to do a health/mag health/stam combo.

>Oh and also: at what level do I get to start doing proper MMO stuff like group dungeons and shit.
Honestly, any level after 10 if you run with casuals who don't mind wiping a bit.

Skills scale off the resource used to spend them and I don't recommend running a hybrid build as game doesn't really work like that. So if you wanna do mostly Weapon Skills/Stamina Morphs then do Stamina, Spells and Staves do Magicka.

Level 10 is when the Dungeons/PvP open up and more group activities. Sword and Board/Heavy Armor would put you as a tank, tanking isn't generally hard, don't try to hold all the mobs aggro it just won't happen. Focus on the big guys (usually using a sword/shield or a 2h) and interupt healers/spellcasters if you can, obviously hold boss aggro and avoid red circles of death for the most part.

>avoid red circles of death
This. Alot of trash mobs do these attacks and if you're not paying attention and/or focused on something else, you'll get slaughtered in a heartbeat.

At lower levels imps were my bane

>low level vamp at stage 4
>anything fire related
Nightmares.

Yeah i learned that pretty quick, have gotten good at keeping enemies in my sightline and dodge rolling out the way or interuptin/blocking where applicable.

Thanks a bunch guys, I'll crack on till level 10 then. The main kind of quest lines are fairly intersting anyway, not used to that from an MMO.

Anytime i'm in a dungeon I play in third person. Fuck those buggers that hide in little alcoves and get you from behind

people play in first person?

At lvl 15 the game becomes more fun. That extra bar is a godsend

sometimes its comfy to mess around in but it gets old quick.

Yeah the consoles UI is exactly like skyrims. Makes it alot more immersive especially when you're sneaking

Is 3rd person really that much better?

>don't like argonians
>humblemud house is the only house that resembles ashlander aesthetics and redoran interiors
>them clay bowls, wooden furniture and tribal banners
Should I just wait for Morrowind? It's not like houses don't offer anything outside of having fun with ERP

From that leaked map image i don't remember seeing ald'ruhn on there.

3rd person gives you almost 360 degree vision around your character. It's easier to spot enemies. How is that not better? Not that playing in 1st person never works.

Well besides that does it have any appeal?

>Ja'mal the Khajiit Nightblade
>You are of dps now
>You have to choose how to survive the first boss in veteran White-Gold Tower
>Put points in Locksmith so you get out of the burning cage in half a secound
>Or spend time fiddling with the lock while getting cooked alive

>friend convinces me to play
>he usually goes healer, so I decide to roll with the tanks
>he barely plays, my character lies bare
So what should I play as an alternative while that faggot's gone, sorc or nightblade? I've heard nightblades are shit but I don't know how true that is.

Be a qt bosmer nightblade and post pictures of your posterior

in a game where AOE placement is like, the #1 task, of course 3rd person is important

spinning as a DPS, laying illustrious healing down as a healer, volatile armor as tank

maximizing targets in an AoE is important, how the fuck are you going to do that if you can't see behind you?

Yes.
>watch personalities in action
>see everything you made your character wear
>see costumes
>watch emotes
>360 view of your character for when you want to fap
>lets you see around corners for pvp
>can watch ass movement while running/walking
>see red circles easier, it saves you from death
>see your pretty mount that costs $25

>trying to encourage avatarfagging
Get out of here

Sorc is pretty fun in both Stamina/Magicka flavors.

Be a sorc and name your summons after your friend

>360 view of your character for when you want to fap
>playing as a grill for your self insert

>He doesn't want to be a little girl

>playing as girl is automatically self inserting
Stop projecting.
You don't play as a girl because you're afraid that you're going to stimulate your inner desires of being a girl.

>want to play tank
>mate is with DC
>stuck playing as a nigger or even worse, orcnigger
By now I am strongly considering buying that adventurer's pack.

>You don't play as a girl because you're afraid that you're going to stimulate your inner desires of being a girl.
That's some pretty weird place you immediately jump to when user, why is that?

I don't want to play as a girl because I want to be superman and can't in reality so my characters must be my insert to fulfill my desires.

If you guys aren't PvPing it doesn't really matter. You can group up cross faction for everything in PvE.

imperials can choose any alliance and are great tanks :^)

Where can I find an up to date guide for an easy to play sorcerer build? All I could find were years out of date

I would. And orcs are pretty based in this game. Not so much rapey and pretty civilized-ish.

Well too bad their pricing is jewish
>here goy, have 500 crowns with your new account
>oh, you want to buy those packs?
>you can get the one for 1900 to play any race in any faction
>or you can buy the one for 2100 to play an additional race in any faction
>did we forget to mention that you'd have to buy at least another 750 crowns to get to those 2100? :^)

Orcs are literally Shit-Elves.

>choose one of altmer/dunmer/breton
>wear light armor
>equip destro on main and resto on back bar
>go full daedric summoning
>use the light armor damage shield ability until you get the daedric one unlocked
>eat food

congrats, you can solo most everything.

Official forums.
Look up the theory-crafting section for sorcs. They're all up to date and worked on most of the time.

Yet they're better than half-caste human trash, cannibal-pygmy-tree-riders, and pompous knife-ears.

>male ones have horribly deformed skulls
>female ones are way too cute-ish
Why can't there be no middle ground.

>can watch ass movement while running/walking

I made a thicc Khajiit and this nearly killed me.

mfw when I find armor without Faulds

>>female ones are way too cute-ish
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm too used to ugly femorcs and these ones are all cute.
>hunting stinky orc in orsinium
>find him in the bath with 4 orcettes in their skivvies
>mfw

What if you're playing as a man because you're gay?

But look at the competition. Altmers are inbred, Bretons are muttons and Dunmers are edgy. Then you have the Bosmers, the shittiest race in all of Tamriel. Consider this; Khajiits are furry Bosmer, yet it's still somehow an improvement over regular Bosmers. That's how shitty Bosmers are.

Being a polished turd isn't really that bad for an elf.

I'm totally gay for myself. Why's that a problem

Hmmm

Thanks

So the g is missing.
What the fuck is a giss? And don't give me that accent crap. I've heard plenty of the khajit and argonians speak in propper english

anyone know the timing of when there werewolves that can give lycanthropy spawn? I know the spawn locations and earlier I saw bloodfiends, but no ww's.

Bought the game ages ago and never really bothered to play it afterwards. Only started again recently.
Do I remember it wrong or did they change up where you end up after Coldhaven? Because I'm sure as fuck that you didn't start somewhere in a snowly landscape as a lizard.

They've gone back and forth on this a few times. Originally you had the tutorial zones before the mainland, then they made them optional and you started on the mainland but new players got confused, then they made them optional again but its where you start at.

giss my benis :DD

Friendly reminder that ESO live is today.

>dc neets capping the entirety of cyrodiil again

>start a character on DC
>immediately start helping a nigger pirate steal something
>then non-stop complaining about 'muh ancestors struggle' on some shitty overcast orc island
>finally get to civilization
>save this dudes life
>both him and his lackey start apologizing to each other to the point where it's looking like they might just start fucking right then and there

I thought the DC quests were supposed to be good? I think I actually prefer being angry at how SJW queen Ayy was, compared to how fucking bored I am with these fucks.

EP is anti-sjw. The dark elves are based as fuck.
At the end of one quest to stop some DC assassin a dunmer guard captain says basically "fuck that bitch, we write the history and i'll make sure nobody remembers who that slut was". Not to mention still having slaves.

#
Sad! I also play as guys because I find everyone being a girl cringy, but I actually feel bad when, for instance, Molag Bal praises my character strength and I realise that irl I'm not nearly like that.

Life is not games and I aim to raise my power level irl instead of deluding myself into feeling good because of what my avatars did.

then get buff my man

start lifting RIGHT NOW

you don't want to let down Molag Bal right?

Yeah just imagine what the king of rape, domination and schemes would do to you if you let him down.

I want to ERP. How do?

*pulls tail*

Did this and some rper had an autistic fit

get fucked

>autistic fit

Do tell

i don't like kahjiit though

Guy went on about how it's rude to do that without permission and that I was disgusting blah blah I zoned out half way through. Was probably trolling me but who can really tell

If that happens again you ought to just keep going with it, creeping on khajiits

EAT MUATRA BITCH

Besides the PvP, are there any other differences between the factions? Faction only quests/zones or something?

What armor your faction horse has, what color your faction dog is and what color and emblem is on your faction outfit and armor.

just flavor like racial tensions. EP dialogue plays a bit different here and there depending if you're Argonian or Dunmer.

Why does this happen mostly with DC.
It's like they never sleep, I'm getting tired of waking up everyday and seeing the map blue.

>according to Veeky Forums and reddit, this is one of the best looking MMO's out there

>expecting any MMO to be pretty when they need to be able to load hundreds of players on screen flinging shit

>because there are totally no good looking MMO's out there with decent foliage, proper distance rendering, actual models that do not look like some freshman made them as sideproject

Like what, BDO?

BDO, yes. The texture popin is pretty terrible, but everything else looks really good.
Then there is EvE, although you can't really count that one.
Then we have games like GW2, if you turn of the piss filer it looks pretty alright, and the models&animations are like 50 times better than ESO. You literally cannot defend animations and models in eso.

One could claim that BnS or tera look "better", although that comes down tot aste i think. those worlds certainly are more colorful and vibrant. ESO looks like LOTRO, and boy that game is fucking ugly as well. Cold, uninspired landscapes, terrible draw distance, terrible models, washed out colors

WoW is not really comparable as its using a weird, comic like style which is something that, kinda like pixel art, never really ages. Some zones look good, most don't.