Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/walkerville/cars-vans-utes/mercedes-230te-w124-1987-7-seater-wagon-/1138147995
news.com.au/national/breaking-news/vic-cops-busted-for-offduty-boat-ride/news-story/8dffee68391f64224cf365e03e863ce8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pics or it didn't happen

>being obsessed with Sean

You cunts are pathetic.

>fat fuck gets his 2009 c200 kompressor towed in
>wont start
>cam sensors fucked, oil in the plugs
> $500 PER SENSOR
Fat fuck is angry at me now because he thinks im ripping him off because he has a """nice""" car

It's always shitty in Australia

no it's not

For you

Can i get a quick rundown?

How do I make my car chirp like a pigeon? You strayans know how to do it best, car is a v5 wrx factory top mount factory intake has a bov and 20psi of unicorn boost

You need to be a lebo for starters.

>Lol at the always sunny in philly font

What do you cunts think of the avalanche? LS 4wd wagon sounds ace.

No blow off nerd.

Just surge that compressor like a champion.

Someone better fucking buy this before i do

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/walkerville/cars-vans-utes/mercedes-230te-w124-1987-7-seater-wagon-/1138147995

> change to a HKS Super SQV IV BOV
> ?
> Profit

I eat pussy at least 3 times a week, does that count?
Last time I tried that it made no noise between gear change, should i put a poddy on it? Will it make it louder??
There expensive bruh car is a cheap shit box

You need a trumpet style intake, if you can drill a hole in your firewall and plumb it through into the cabin that'd be even better.

Spool up the turbo and shut the throttle, nowhere for the pressure to go = compressor surge.

Tfw going to die before I get roadworthy

Trumpet style? I googled and all I could really find when searching trumpet intake wrx was a stainless intake with a pod filter

Literally buy a trumpet

Attach it to the blow off valve

Blow off through trumpet

Luls

why did you buy that complete piece

>new ruf ctr
>new tvr
>new alpine a110
>mr2 and supra successors
>m3-beating alfa romeo
>am-rb valkyrie

Fun

liar
its for memes i know it

>look at all these cars i can't afford

>a faster variant of the BMW i8 is coming next year
>and so is a roadster version
Good times ahead.

Why the fuck does nobody style hybrids or electric cars like the i8 or Teslas? Why do other companies make poof cars like a Prius? I've always figured it's some ploy to make electric cars ugly so people keep buying petrol ones but since BMW and Tesla have made decent ones, I don't know anymore.

Are you talking about the Plushie or the S Cargo?
Also where can i get decent jack stands? I need to replace basically the entire exhaust and fix shit because i'm poor

>alpine a110
those extra headlights near the license plate look like protruding hair dryers

Literally the SC300/Soarer headlights

news.com.au/national/breaking-news/vic-cops-busted-for-offduty-boat-ride/news-story/8dffee68391f64224cf365e03e863ce8

vic coppers at it again!!

>Why the fuck does nobody style hybrids or electric cars like the i8
because they don't want the rear of their car to look like its giving birth to a porsche

I guess the Prius was aimed at smug assholes who wanted the whole world to know they're different from a glance.

Telsa is aiming for the richer version of said smug assholes

is it just me or are there a lot more teslas on the road here lately? i thought we barely had any since you need to use the charging station at a dealership

Or, you know, you can just plug it into a fucking wall.

not possible if a dildo is stuck in the socket

I see like one a day, it's been that way for the last few years. Haven't noticed any more of them recently.

bought myself a cloud powerpoint the other day

turning on my electric blanket for da club before i get in the uber home this winter is going to be a godsend

Does /dat/ uber?

I drive.

Under rated file name
Liver disease, permanent driver

Shame

Not a drug user either then?

Liver disease.
No fun ever basically

all of it you meme
should be able to get decent ones an supercheap

Are they going to fall on my head? I'm not too concerned because the car weighs like 900 kilos and will probably just put me in a wheelchair forever with a munted face and in this future of VR sexbots i can live with that

Stand in front of falcunt's car then m8

>remove BOV
>fit blanking plate
>????
>congrats, your car runs like shit now

but both of his cars are fucked and immobile

>tfw no Twingo plushie

Touche

fuck yes
Thunder lad here
just sold my old Avalon for $3500 solid deal if you ask me

What hte fuc you can part them out for more

yeah you'll be fine, although i was referring to the non-sca brand ones you can buy there

seems like a tonne of cunts in /dat/ started training to be actual mechanics this year lmao
apprentice reporting in
shit's comfy as fuck, also trade prices on parts and fluids is a pretty good setup
>who /firstyear/ here?

>who poverty line here?
How old are you?

>was working at mechanics as an assistant mechanic
>theres one apprentice there, on his third year i think
>tells me how its a job only for people who TRULY love cars and know what their doing
>tells me about the shit pay, cost of tools, shit hours (at least where we were) and the total lack of respect the trade has
>other trades dont respect mechanics and customers/general public assume you're always ripping people off
>also turns out im getting paid more than he is somehow
>even then its still shit
>he tells me i should gtfo and get a nightfill job at a supermarket since it pays at least double what we were getting
>leave mechanics with his reference
>end up working around the produce section and shit at a supermarket
>pretty good pay
>pretty good hours
>work with pretty chill guys and qt grills
>having so much fun with new job that i can hardly believe it
>considering doing some studying too and reducing my hours
>mate back at mechanics is still getting the shit end of the stick

12 bro they pay me in monopoly money

what do you mean you were an assistant mechanic?
a lot of people paint a bleak picture of it but some workplaces are just trash.
of course as you train up the pay is trash but as you progress with your training and certificates you can get more money. plus the possibility of eventually running a profitable business or businesses.

Get aftermarket you Philistine. Holy shit

>what do you mean you were an assistant mechanic?
Exactly that. I helped drop transmissions and engines, did servicing, tyre pressures, gaskets etc. I was essentially an unofficial apprentice.

All the mechanics I talked to, both at my work and at other places, were pretty unhappy with the pay and how the job is perceived by others. It was a fairly fun job but I don't think I could do it as a living, it made me realize cars are better as a hobby than a living. And it's also really only fun when it's your own car.

The plus side is that I was paid to learn how to wrench.

I'll give you a rwc on that

Where friend

Fuck mate get out now, it sucks

for fucks sake if I see another bog maymay I will fucking shove your face in the bindis cunt

fucking shits me to tears

Goldy

what is wrong with vic highway patrol? was coming home from work today and they had some old lady restrained and handcuffed by the side of the road (the kind of restraint that should be used for uppity lebs)

even if this grandma had done something on the road, even if she had fucking hit and killed someone that's no reason to press her face into the dirt with a knee on her back.

i would have videoed but i was driving home and diden't want to get a fine for phone while driving.

fucking regretting it now

I'm in VIC :^(

She's probably on the rocks you silly yobbo, restraining her to prevent her from hurting herself.

That sucks then. Surely there's someone there who will roady it if you just want to reg it for yourself.

nah mate i get the cuffs, i could understand that. they had her restrained with a knee in the back like they do with lebs who are being mouthy.

they were actively trying to hurt her.

I've got an address in WA i want to try register it to but apparently you have to take it in over there. I've emailed a few mechanics who are apparently lads who will hopefully help.

what were you getting paid?
pls explain

Wa is a pain for new reg, I used to live there. Once you have it reged there its all smooth sailing though, no more roadies ever.

When's the last time we had a Melb meetup?

On that note, anyone want to have a Melb meetup soon?

>pls explain
I've been mechanicing for years, even though I have a top resume, run the workshop at times, and can do pretty much anything, the pay is still crap compared to other trades. Also you get filthy and cut up, I should post pics of my hands.

ACA JUST SHOWED DOLE SUBURBS AND COFFS WAS ON IT AND I THINK THEY INTERVIEWED FALCUNT

>what were you getting paid?
Fuck I can't even remember anymore. It wasn't good though considering the work and hours.

This too. Just about everywhere there had back problems and knee problems too. In just my first month there, 2 people left and a further 2 were fired and replaced. The 2 that left went off for other careers because of the pay and injuries, one ended up in the mining industry but he ended up making shitloads of cash for it.

im on the higher end of what apprentices can get weekly because of my age. 16.50/hr vs 7 or 8 lol. im happy with it, bringing in more money than my old job, both per hr and week. im not too fussed if i only end up earning 50-60k a year fully qualified.

im trying to stay safe regarding my back and knees, really take care of them as i've had knee reconstructions in the past and bad back injuries (both from sports). doing lots of preventative exercises to strengthen my legs and lower back on top of going to the gym regularly.
my hands are a write off, covered in scratches, burns, peeling skin and calluses.

has anyone gotten anything engineered in vic?

are the engineers on your side to help you get your shit passed (as long as the work's done properly) or are they vicroads cocksuckers who believe no-one should be entitled to a high powered car?

I dont consider myself well off, but I earn 100k a year.
Living comfortably though

well you're paying them so i assume they would be on your side....then again it's vic so who knows. also curious on this because i love vic stories

100k as a mechanic
wot

yeah i dunno why the old boggos are so popular ai
Lol post itt

Is Falcunt on here?

you said told me to get a VX calais ages ago, so instead i bought this,

i wanna know his thoughts (aka want to get shit talked and entertain myself)

also how much does a set of new seats cost? eg mid range recaros or something, the internet isnt much help

How long until you finish your hairdressing apprenticeship?

Diesel mech is where it's at.
>$125k/pa permie nights

Judging by some of the shitcunts in the workshop you don't even have to be good at it as long as you have trade papers.

good choice op

dont let those meany melbourners make fun of you for wanting to wear dresses and have your boyfriend call you hon

Cert II Hair and Beauty if you wanna be exact

thanks mate, it was the closest thing to a fast car that still kinda looked like one and drove like one that was cheap on insurance and wont get me pulled over every time a cop drives past

i was thinking the whole time a need power and turbo etc and then i took this though a country road, its changed my perspective completely

>work at supermarket
>was thinking about quitting and getting a mechanic aprenticeship

Welp

well to much hilarious replies that will come from this i physically couldnt fit in one

Seems fine i guess did you get the 2.0 manual?

they dont make then in 2.0, its 1.6 or 1.8

mines a 1.8

yeah 5 speed manual, the thing sits at 4100 rpm at 110kmh, kinda wish i went with the 6 speed but i dont know if all the ratois are different or if the 6 speed is just an overdrive

Considering I've been in both fields, supermarket is better.

You bought the wrong car faggot. Mazda 3s are superior.

thinking of buying one of these. will i done fucked up?

two of my mates have them, yuck cunt

Yeah, they're awesome mate. Mx5s are shit.

ah my bad.

Secretly i like the idea of the MX5

>small
>light
>fun

Mx5's are the opposite of you then.

mfw that guy actually has a similar face to me. u may have talked me out of it with this meme picture

yeah and where i live its all backroads its awesome, plus in this weather i can cruise with the top down, which is something ive never experienced until i got it

ive had to do a few things and now its mint,

- regas air con,
- service
- fix rip in soft top and seat
- re wire the radio because the previous owner is retarded and taped all the wires

also after coming from a camry it feels weird having everyone look down at you because the thing is so much lower