What is the point of this company

>hood scoops for no fucking reason
>engines overheat like fat man in a Mexican summer
????????

>useless hoodscoops
What is a top mount inter-cooler for 500

>engines overheat
What is a one-off issue OP has experienced that isn't common unless you're a pigfat piece of shit who doesn't take care of their vehicle

What are you even on about? They just won kbb best brand, most trusted brand and highest resale last year.

did a subaru vape boy kiss your gf on the cheek ?

This is bait

First off. You are a faggit.
Second they can't make fake hoodscoops cuz it's patented to Toyota.
Third kys

t. Assmad shitsubishi owner

So you blocked off or removed your hood scoop because it's useless and now the car gets too hot, huh.

Subaru Defense Force in full force today.

Are you denying that Subaru hood scoops are functional?

>guy makes thread shitting in car for bad reasons
>people come and refute his points
I mean isn't that kind of the point of making a thread? If someone made the same thread but for another brand the same thing would happen.

Aside from your bullshit allegations,
>Best AWD unless you go to a 4x4
>Keeping the boxer engine readily available for to common man

It looks something like this.
>hood scoop for a reason
>car no longer overheats like fat man in a mexican summer

>best AWD
>Mitsubishi's AWD system is way better and they're a dead brand

TRICKED

LMAO
M
A
O

>Fwd-based computer fuckery better than mechanical AWD
how about no

>

>no hood scoops put on subarus are non-functional except for spic hood swaps on used Imprezas
>isolated car problem OP is still assmad about because he didn't take care of his subaru
>mfw subaru is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums because of memes and memes only
When will Veeky Forums learn brand doesn't matter? All cars can be shitboxes if neglected

Please post proof and sources.

>no hood scoops put on subarus are non-functional except for spic hood swaps on used Imprezas
But that's wrong, look at any 90s outback legacy. I remember laughing when my friend opened his hood only to find the scoop is blocked off.

>legacy
Some models have tmic's

Toyota, GM, Ford, Honda and Dodge do the exact same thint

>own subaru impreza for 2 years
>only problem is rear taillight died the day i was going to get rid of it

they're nice vehicles

hes right, i was a mechanic for years and pretty much every Subaru with a shitty Boxer engine that came in you could expect to call an oil leak, especially one starting at the headgasket. or they just came in for headgasket issues

Boxer engines are a horrible design, chew headgaskets and theyre inherently a poor design by pooling oil in one side of the valve covers. I like Subaru with straight 4 engine like Justy and Sambar and even own a Sambar myself but Boxer engines are shit. and the only comeback Subaru owners have for it is weight distribution

You aren't comparing vehicles in the same class, kid. Try harder next time

buttblasted subacuck detected. stay slow

>Keeping the boxer engine readily available for to common man

Trust me no "Man" wants a boxer engine. They're a pathetic and shitty design (Yeah that includes Porsche's)

>>hood scoops for no fucking reason
The flat engines have intakes on the top stupid ass

>overheating
What? Source?

>Repairing Head Gaskets: The Car Brand

>Boxer engines are a horrible design, chew headgaskets
Jesus heist can you spew memos anymore?

Headgasket failure is because retarded kids who rip hard on the engine then complain when the engine fails, even then only the E26J or what ever it's called suffered from that "issue"

Mine is functional. The blocking plate has a ~5" x 2" hole that lets air in, I took the plate off entirely though. Makes it slightly louder and cooler.

I was a Subaru fanboy throughout most of my childhood, but I have to admit that most of the non-jdm turbo cars are pretty bad performance cars stock. Even with stock turbos they chew through their ringlands very quickly if you drive them hard. If you want to track one, your have no choice but to rebuild the engine with forged internals. That said, the STI gearbox/awd system is still one of the best and strongest you can get in a factory car. But at the other end of the spectrum, subaru is pretty much the only company that offers compact-midsize economy cars with a proper awd system. This means that they have a sort of monopoly any place that experiences snow or has unpaved roads, and it's the main reason that it's such a successful company.

I like seeing your scooby user

Suzuki into that too

protip it's 1.3 n/a

EJ25 mate. Only engine with that issue.

EJ251/2/3 specifically. Although turbo Subies lunch their engines for many reasons head gaskets are rarely one of them

Tell that to all the 600hp STI's and 1200hp twin turbo Porsches put there faggt

EJ25D too.

t.

This, the only engines with head gasket problems are the 2.5l. I've never heard of any other subaru engines with head gasket failures.

Lesbians gotta drive too user

$100k later...

Could of achieved that and more with a V8 for a tenth of the price.

>What is handling
>What is small engine displacement

Pretty sure you can get 600 out of an STI for much less than 100k.

Subaru past owner here......
>05 2.5xt outback from 2008-2013
I don't get all the hype for these cars either.
I drove the shit out of mine in Alaska and yeah it does amazing in the snow or gravel but the people who buy these things now (95%) don't ever use them for that or what it was designed to do. It's now a fucking mom car.
I turned around and sold mine and made out like a bandit though because....
>ohhhhh ITS TURBO
>that engine is a really good engine
>I like it because it rides higher
>fuel economy is so much better on these things..
seriously this is the dumb shit I heard selling this car.
Well good luck with your FACTORY turbo that fails at 30k (sold it at 130K) so I'm sure that fuckers toast.
And good fuel economy? wtf you on crack?

>hanging that small displacement engine over the front axle

600hp from a 2.5l is a turbo laggy nightmare without anti-lag. Plus that's not going to be reliable and barely streetable.

$50k is more reasonable but even that's not going to be reliable as a vee-ate.

I like ur subie

Gotta let all them 200 horses out.

If only it was lol. I those ones are barely 140 at the crank.

As cool as it look, all it's doing in your case is increasing under-hood pressure and making your car run hotter. Hell, even on the turbo cars it's a pretty stupid design. The evo style fmic+ front hood vent works a million times better aerodynamically.

It runs cooler by a few degrees at highway speeds according to the Torque app, it has a coolant temperature sensor reading.

>>mfw subaru is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums

People spout this shit all the time

>Audi is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums
>Porsche is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums
>Honda is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums
>Subaru is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums
>mazda is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums
>Mitsu is the most hated brand on Veeky Forums

The list goes on.

Stop talking shit, we hate almost everything equally here.

I thought the scoop was only on the Turbo diesel jimneys?

From 2013 or 2014 they put them on every jimny
as far as i know they no longer make diesel too

Pretty sure they still make diesels, my friend was harping on about buying one. Maybe it's cheaper for them to make one hood for all models?