Scion iM / Corolla iM / Auris

I'm thinking of buying this as my new daily driver. What does Veeky Forums think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01MF9W0GU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jOnWybJPC22C5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay car. About fat though

bump

I saw one the other day and it turned my head. Looks bretty gud

Interior looks nice, love that clock

Comfy interior, hatch so it has lots of room if you need it, corolla engine

Nothing wrong with it. Perfect daily driver as long as you understand that. I'm sure some autist will come in here and shit on it because muh cvt or muh 130hp engine, but he'll probably ride the bus and doesn't understand the concept of a dd

My friend has one. It looks good, has plenty of room, but it lacks torque and speed. And overall, it just isn't fun.
Just get a fiesta st
After my friend drove my fiesta st he wants to trade in his corrola iM
It's all about how a car makes you feel. Fiesta st can take on so many cars, out handle so many cars, and you'll have a blast with it.
I urge you to test drive a fiesta st first.

>buying a new econobox
Y tho. what do you drive now?

Fucking ford shills.
Why would anyone want an unreliable shitheap?
Highly doubt your "friend" has an iM or that you even have a friend

get a ford

SHUT THE FUCK UP

>Death by Lethal Injection
>Death by Firing Squad
>Death by Guillotine

Oh goody... I get to choose!

>shilling Ford

le ecoboost maymay

is that all you faggots got srsly

It's perfectly adequate, but test drive the Mazda3, Civic, and Impreza too - they each have advantages over the Toyota. A lot of them.

pros:
- it's a corolla
- 5d hatchback
- above average quality and equipment for the price/segment
- roomy for the segment
- doesn't have the lexus front

neutral:
- looks overweight, Auris looks like a MPV/minivan compared to other EDM compacts
- i'd prefer 16" wheels for this kind of vehicle
- mono trim

cons:
- could use some more power/torque at least optionally
- toyota tax
- fwd + cvt could be a downer for many

"Nicer" Honda Fit.

We could always mention ford
no further argument needed

I am not part of your discussion, but i guess with ford's recent love for turbos they gonna get a lot of complains due to burgers not following oil change intervals and not letting engine idle after driving.

Not it at all.
Its poor build quality/cheap parts.
Fords been using cheap parts for decades.

OP asked for a daily driver not something fast

I swear you fags never read the OP

>Mazda

Pretty good but not going to be as reliable or spacious, and I personally don't like the look of the newer ones

>civic
Awful interior ergonomics which is enough of a deal breaker for a DD

>Impreza
Comfy interior but acceleration is pretty sluggish, and the hatch is kinda ugly

Mazdas have been doing very well on reliability lately, in large part because they haven't switched over to turbos and CVTs. Road noise is the real problem, and if you don't like the looks, well, fair enough. It's the most lively of the bunch though.

The Civic no longer has that double-decker dashboard, but sure, not having a volume knob and having a strange steering wheel-mounted volume control is a deal-breaker for some.

The updated Impreza is not as sluggish as the iM but I'm not sure every country is getting it at the same time.

The Golf wagon is good in every way except reliability, in which it's a potential disaster.

>The Golf wagon is good in every way except reliability, in which it's a potential disaster.

The Golf is great, but the reliability of german cars is awful

Fiesta st isn't fast you mongoloid, it's a fucking spruced up economy car
Drive one and you'll know

lol he has a stick shift iM
Has no torque. Bored as shit daily driving. Can never have fun. Only good side is excellent rear seats for banging girls.

A daily driver cant be without a soul. That's what distinguishes us men from normal non car fags.

Fiesta ST has decades of racing rally pedigree.
I use mine as a daily driver. Whenever I am in the mood to have fun its there.

Theres no better feeling then getting 40+ mpg on the highway and being able to take on v6 brostangs or bromaros. Hell I can even beat infinitis, non m series beamers, etc..

I have driven one. Once your ass hots the seat you can feel how cheaply made it is.
Plus its super unreliable.
>bangin girls
Youre underaged and dont belong here

There are so many lies in this post... it hurts.
Looks likenit was written by a 12yo fanboy.
Fuck off kid

No, that's just a typical Ford shill

>Thread about a Corolla wagon
>over half the thread is Fiesta ST and Ford shilling

uhhhhh guys, we're talking about a Corolla. No need to amp it up to something with a turbo. OP knew his car wasn't gonna be fast or fun.

I will agree with you that it is cheaply made but the engine.. the handling characteristics, the way the car makes you feel. I'd buy it again. Can't wait for the next gen fiesta ST

lol just finished banging my girl minutes ago. About to take the fiesta on a spin.

By the way I have a 1992 supra as my toy. That thing is my childhood dream car. When I bought my first one at age 17 I could tell that it was way over engineered for its time. I love those cars.

OP, buy what makes you feel good. The smile that the fiesta ST puts on your face is priceless.

>1992
>supra

Nigga it's 20k, what are you expecting? It's a spruced up shitbox for daily driving.
Tremendously better to drive than anything new under 30k

And has horrendous reliability.
You get what you pay for.
Except with ford you somehow over pay for a trash car.
Which makes you extra retarded

Prove it. Besides rattles, it's reliable

Im 30k miles into the fiesta.. no problems. Car came with a 100k mile extended warranty when I bought her.

Fiesta ST? that's a fags car kid I pull so much pussy in my 2016 charger srt8 hellcat nismo GTR SS M series that Brazzers can shoot scenes in my car for free

>trans failure
Yes the ST manual
>electronics failing
>turbos failing
>intercooler pipes failing
>clutch failure
>brake failure
Easily verifiable with a search and much much more.
Also
>2700lb sub compact
The FRS weighs that much.
And a mazda 6 beats the fiesta around the track.
So much for the "nimble" handling

Its a pile of shit for stupid fuccbois to troll for cocks to suck.
Only morons would buy it.

>30k miles
I never understand while people say shit like this, that is barely even broken in. It's hardly a merit to a cars reliability.

Also why would we take his word for it when he is blatantly shilling and lying.

Those are good points. Feels good having an extended warranty.

You wouldn't even know how an frs or mazda 6 drives because you use your moms car to travel or you take the bus.

Used to own a truck from new. Damned thing had problems early on. All covered under warranty.

That's a fair point, but I have heard people more or less say the same thing in real life.

I just find such statements retarded as fuck.

I'm not arguing that shit like this doesn't happen, I still just don't see thirty thousand miles as a five star reliability rating.

It's kinda weak and slow. 0-10 like 11 seconds.

I got a Camry SE instead, similar price actually cuz Camries are deeply discounted 5-7k off MSRP if you negosturbate.

I like. It's reliable Toyota with a hatchback. Perfect combo. Obviously if you are afraid of repairing your car and need something that'll always work then to for it. Just don't get it to have fun if your used to quicker rides.

Also get one with a base Headunit, sell it on eBay and get yourself a nice Android Auto/Apple CarPlay headunit. amazon.com/dp/B01MF9W0GU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jOnWybJPC22C5

This will upgrade the quality of the stock speakers but I suggest you get rid of those and get some nice JBL or Alpine, the head unit is a good amp itself so no worries about that.

Get the usual dark tint and get some color tinted fog lights to make that shit look slightly better.

Best wishes op.

Nice renault clip

Derp, clio

Turbos are going to be from one of the major manufacturers like garret anyway. What's the weak link in ecoboosts?

>WAT sticker

wow arent you so cool, look guise i'm part of your board culture because i have a meme sticker only our little club knows about!

kill yourself for that and owning a silver fucking camry like pajeet

>A daily driver cant be without a soul. That's what distinguishes us men from normal non car fags
this is the most autistic shit I have read all year, and we are barely even started.

LAWLercuntissime u mad bruv?

Kek true

he isnt wrong btw

real life memeposters should be hung

Seen it a few times on the road. Doesn't look as good as my first gen matrix.

If you already have a weekend car, I see no reason not to get it for a dd.

>Doesn't look as good as my first gen matrix.

laughinggirls.jpg