/owg/ - Overwatch General

Pobrecito edition.

Chinese New Year event lasts until February 13.

youtube.com/watch?v=SX2lJuk66xI

>When does Season 3 end?
Probably late February / early March.

>PTR Patch Notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20529203

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395#post-1

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Discord:
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F0EwFaarjiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best blue

Roadhog is dead.

Long live Roadhog!

RIP!

I wonder who it is at Blizzard that likes brown girls

Reminder, if you play Reaper, McCree or Hanzo, you are not adding value to your team.

the legal staff

I WILL CARRY CUTE GIRLS INTO DIAMOND+ AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME.

>people celebrating roadhog "nerfs"
>hook is still too easy to land
>still one shots half the cast

I WANT TO FUCK WIDOW

>Roadhog fixed
>bastion changed

Who needs help next? Sombra needs a spread reduction for sure, and Winston needs more help than simply less of a critical target. Reduce cooldown of shield or up its health, and boost damage of angry monkey mode

So what's everyone's favorite custom modes?

How is McCree not adding value if you can aim?

THIS IS THE TASTE OF A LIAR!

Post your face when your Zarya gets 3 people in an ult right next to you.

What's got mercy so excited /owg/?

fix her

make symmetra fatter to make up for the new hook

McCree isn't "meta" so he's a shit pick

>Spicy Thighs
Whats everyone's favorite nickname for a hero?

same

My favourite meme in this game is when you charge a group as Rein and pin no-one but then later the enemy Rein sucks you in from three meters away.

someone isnt aiming for her dancer legs

Hana pleases old men for buffs.

I want to make Fareehas.

Leave your email :3

Could have at least removed the discord, assuming you aren't the one who puts it back every time

Anyone notice that Reapers death blossom look like the Gun Kata fight scene in that one movie? I just now noticed that. He dodges and fires his guns at the same time.

300% speed Rein only no ults

so what's the final verdict on koreans who play on the US servers?

the LoL BRs of this game, or as good as anyone else?

> Is Casual Overwatch better in silence
> It's a real article

Fuck, wow...

Honestly my one single complaint with Overwatch is that there is no real community and no one talks. That was what ultimately made TF2 for me. Being able to chat about bull shit with friends on a server where no one was bitching about meta or winning and just enjoying themselves.

>TFW you are a full health hog and Rein is on low health and he charges you, only to get a shotgun blast to the face after the pin is over and gets killed.
He left after I did that and called me a faggot because I didn't die after his charge. Its like these people don't know the power of their attacks or something.

underrated post

This is Illios is pretty fun.

I thought about it, but it's not like I ever go there

Genji's bionic dick

They are the refugees of this game. They don't want to play on their own servers because of hackers, but some of them are the hackers

remove this post.

mercy loves pharah.

this, I came from tf2 and while there was a lot of annoying bullshit being spewed in voice chat, that was easily countered by muting and at least there were one or two people comming about the game. But in OW I can go games and games in complete silence. It's really weird

>Watching GM climbing with alt account in gold
>shit load of people telling others to report him for hacking

Funniest shit

They should be banned from playing outside of their containment servers. There's too much bull shit hackers and cheaters in Korea.

Its high noon. Watching people run around as cowboys who don't know how to play Mcree is awesome.

its funny how blizzard tried to make the most casual shooter ever but it makes people shit themselves in rage

including me

Pharah only loves to be dominated

>vampire Symmetra will never dominate you and drink your blood

>genjis vs winstons
abilities and ult at 75%off their cd

enhanced human vs enhanced gorirra

>wow, a good person playing at low tiers is accused of hacking! what a suprise!

pathetic. if you saw someone at a low rank who is way too good, wouldn't it be logical to assume so?

t. grandmasters player

>youtube.com/watch?v=F0EwFaarjiM
McCree can't even lock on.

I think the fact that it's many people's first brush with a remotely competitive title makes it so that it's also their first brush with online toxicity, and that's why you see so many articles like this about Overwatch. I assume a lot of the playerbase is just typical blizzdrones who only casually played starcraft arcade, world of warcraft, and diablo before.

If you came from League or CSGO then the shittalk in this game is nothing new.

Lies

I blame the rise in eSports. TF2 predates this a bit in it's origin. These days everyone thinks they are some SRS BNS player and idle chit chat or goofing off it's tolerated.

Even if you got a handful of players on the other team to cooperate screwing around occasionally there will always be the other people trying to play who are worried about their stats and shit who will screw it up.

Wait, so Roadhog was actually nerfed this time? Does this mean he can't even oneshot squishies anymore?

>nanoblossom, nanovisor, and nanoblade have just been replaced by another nanocombo thats even more ridicously hard to take out\

blizzard is made up of a bunch of fucking down syndrome retards

Literally the only thing you can do now is sleep him and hope to god nobody shoots him. I hope Blizzard fixes this.

You know that there is lots of shitters cheating except for korea?

Now they can be low-tier together.

>smurfing is becoming more common
>hacking is becoming more common
>silver-diamond are already indistinguishable because of shitters being placed anywhere between them for no reason

Comp is a mess right now. What can be done to fix it?

It'll be changed before going live, right?

Is damage resistance applied before armor reduction?

>ptr
>changing before going live

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

ENJOY YOUR UNCOUNTERABLE NANOTANK EVERY GAME

FUCKING BLIZZARD

Daily reminder that if youre not SOLO queue then you DONT DESERVE your MMR.

is that comic canon

>bought a second account to get away from all the Korean cheaters in Master and GM
>everyone in my first placement match on Ilios just got to level 25
>it's harder than the last match I played on my main account
>win 3-2 after every round ends 100-99

He can one shot everyone he used to except Zarya.

So 18 out of 23 classes.

Don't worry though it has an 8 sec cooldown instead of 6 so it's perfectly balanced now!

Now to segway into a completely separate topic, do you guys have any idea why Overwatch's esports scene just won't take off? It doesn't make any sense.

It's tougher to solo carry that people think. Overwatch isn't a moba

>He can one shot everyone he used to except Zarya.
how do you figure? everyone will be placed almost 2x farther away after a hook now

>It's tougher to solo carry that people think.
Not really. I boosted four accounts from low gold/high silver to Diamond. It's just that there's an incredibly high amount of smurfs now.

The game is a fucking mess to watch and Blizzard has done nothing to support it other than add floating health bars seven months after launch. Quad tank also made it worse than usual to watch

Bastion laughs at the face of Death, and there's nothing Death can do about it

Let's say I'm a diamond-skill player who's been handed an account in silver. Tips on how to boost it as fast as possible?

what was your winrate in each bracket?

>Don't worry though it has an 8 sec cooldown instead of 6 so it's perfectly balanced now!

Well yeah. By the time he gets to use the skill that lets his slow, unprotected, close-range, bullet-magnet self get a kill, the last person he did it to will have all ready made it back to the battlefield to seek revenge.

DOOT DOT DOT DOOOT

Overwatch is casual as fuck in play style and the player base is increasingly full of shitters, cheaters and assholes.

Also e "sports" is getting pretty mainstream, so it's likely going to die off soon.

why would you tryhard in the placements if you're trying to escape high ranks?

Is this implying they mindbroke her into a Junker, or just fixed the mech and clothes for her?

Can he still one shot if he hooks into alt fire?

The game is difficult to spectate coherently and is not as competitive as something like CSGO or League.

It's also expensive and actually requires a PC from this decade.

i will never comprehend why people get so asshurt about discords

discords are literally the more sociable version of the thread, and 90% of the people in the discord dont even go to threads anymore because its filled with retards

truly makes me ponder desu

>Symmetra higher than Tracer

wut.

>tfw you are going to see bastion instalocks

I drew a junker zarya skin....
would you pay 3000 overeuros for it?

The latter. Junkrat is a good boy

I can only do 2000

>Blizzard didn't program in diminishing returns
>35% passive + 50% reduction from Ana doesn't become a 67.5% reduction but instead an 85% reduction
>with 300 health, not counting armor, bation now gets 2000 effective hit points
>in tank mode it's 3000

Okay I'm now thoroughly convinced Blizzard is full of fucking morons. How do you not program in diminishing returns?! At least then it would be 923 health and 1400~ instead of fucking 2000 and 3000.

How the fuck makes these decisions?!!!

>i will never comprehend why people get so asshurt about discords

It's been a thing for years. YEARS. Back when /lolg/ was still on /v/ and we had skype-groups you still had people bitching that they even existed.

This entire website is primarily friendless nerds so the mere thought of people socializing in a non-anonymous manner gets them really irritated and they can't help but spew shit about it.

Hearty fucking kek.

Probably

Ok, kewminus.

Go full pompadour.

Maybe just a 1000.

kys yourself, tranny

who's the artist?

>We released a character who heals for huge amounts of health or decent damage from extreme range, can completely block the other team's ability to heal, can completely shut down a rampaging ulting enemy, has an ult that makes whoever she hits immortal, and has a decent health pool
>Why do people in competitive only run a four-tank composition?

I figured after a decade and change of watching them totally fuck up WoW's pvp balance, they'd at least get better at it. This is worse than anything I've seen in that game.

>what was your winrate in each bracket?
I'm not even joking here, but it was literally 100% except for one match (can't remember on which account) where everyone on my team left because I locked Hanzo on KOTH, so I just let the enemy team win. What I did was I just kept locking Tracer and Genji, then decimating their rarely protected backline. I remember checking the Masteroverwatch stats on one of the accounts (support main who never played Genji) and I had an 87 K/D on Genji after getting the account to diamond. Locking Hog is also a good way to boost account because people can't deal with him at lower ranks.
Because it was FUN. I'm going to throw my next placements, though.

If you've been around so long you'd know that external chat programs also killed lolg and scv by bleeding back over into the thread with namefag circlejerk shit

The only one of the big 3 it didn't kill was /d2g/ but underage /pol/shits did that instead

P good. I like the weapon design.

Redo the hair and then yes.
Zarya needs better skins. Sym needs an actual legendary, not another recolor. And Widow needs a skin period

And she's got amnesia. Funnily enough, she doesn't act much different than how she used to and instead of video games she's the terror of the post-apocalyptic underground foosball pits.

No clue. But his signature is near the bottom of the pic

What about doing the hair like in the Rosie the Riveter picture?

>that genji ult

hi