Fwd cars?

What would you say is the maximum horsepower a front wheel drive car is capable of? A 900hp vw golf sounds nice but it won't get away from the starting line without spinning for 15minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

dsportmag.com/the-cars/scion-tc-mixes-aerodynamics-and-horsepower-to-set-records/
youtube.com/watch?v=hbNlR-fMlOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This 2012 Civic has 650ish horsepower at the front wheels and it's faster around a track than a 2016 Viper ACR.

300-350hp, anything more i want RWD or AWD

my girlfriend has a VW golf with the 1.8t engine swapped in, tuned, the works. ive driven it and once you get into boost and accelerate hard its uncomfortable. ive owned one FWD car in my life and wont again

>D Language zc31s - 450 PS

>World Racing Scion - 300 hp
dsportmag.com/the-cars/scion-tc-mixes-aerodynamics-and-horsepower-to-set-records/

that is while still being able to corner somewhat
for the high power fwd you have to go to drag racing and land speed records
one involves huge front tires and the other rarely ever involves having much traction

I have 180 in my Leon and I already get torque steer (250Nm), but this might also be due to shaft lenght or some other factors as well.
More powerful offerings have 290 hoers, but at that power and cost Id just get a Golf R with AWD like the other user said.

Sounds like a professional build, well worth basing an opinion on it. Those factory high performance FWD cars with the latest differential technology and purpose build suspension dynamics would be no better obviously.

600hp is a good number

What a waste of a possibly good RWD layout.

200-250 for a normal fwd car
300 for a fwd car with clever engineering magic,
If you gonna make a fwd car 200+ do everyone a fucking favor and make it rwd jesus christ

Just turn it around, she'll be fine.

its only 1675 hp and 70 psi of boost
nothing to write home about

>if you're gonna make a car just do everyone a fucking favor & make it rwd in the first place

fixed

youtube.com/watch?v=hbNlR-fMlOw
>make it rwd
too easy

Depends in what kind of racing and how it's making its power.

A 600hp build with a giant turbo on a tight track is useless but would be fun as hell on mile long airport pulls. I think a 380-400hp car that's supercharged or has a smaller turbo like a k04 would be fun as hell on a track.

As someone with around 300 lb of torque on 235 tires for a dd, I wouldnt want more than 400 tq. I spin too much as it is.

>Put it in reverse
>Now it's RWD

Too bad for OP that picture posted is AWD, it's a GSX

>that k04 feel

Hello torque steer

so much rice i dont know how to deal with it XD