>tfw no car friends to start a gang and rule the touge with
>tfw no friends at all
>tfw no touge either
life is rough.

Other urls found in this thread:

evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/19033/toyota-will-produce-three-strong-sports-car-lineup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kys

This is now an Veeky Forums feels thread, share your automotive related feels itt

it was already an Veeky Forums feels thread but thanks for adding to it

>all of my local friends are shitty drivers
>only carbro is states away, but is moving back in a few months

>grandfather who built his own engines and did custom orders for friends and locals died right before I got into cars

Why even live.

>carbro moving back in a few months
found one

there's a 2ghey near where I live but I'm a wuss plus my car is a FWD automatic

So wut, just go drive it and have fun user, you don't need to throw the back end and drift every corner, it's a thrill just taking really tight turns and then exhilarating out again, don't let the memes here keep you from a good drive.

this user blast some eurotrash and tackle those corners like Ray Lewis

>my dad drives an SW20 and I drive an AW11
>we go driving all the time
Love dad.

>ordered sugru to fixed a cracked hvac dial
>wasn't as strong as advertised, dial is still looseish

>Veeky Forums inspires me to finally get my license
>no open slots for the test until late April
>have to be a busrider for another 7 weeks

Fucking californians moving here and clogging up the bureaucracy

>tfw moving
>tfw had to sell off the three coolest cars I've owned yet
>tfw new job and location won't allow me to have a car I can spend time working on for 2yrs minimum
>tfw I'm just going to have a lifeless auto daily that's dependable for 2 years, before wasting my money on wallet eating projects again

Haha, fuck California. I'm post below you and that's exactly where I'm leaving from.
When I needed my license when I moved to the US, I had to drive all the way out to El Centro (live in OC) to get it on time before work started.

>three coolest cars I've owned yet
Go on...

1978 Datsun 280Z
1985 Mercedes 300D
1971 VW Bug
I moved to the US from Okinawa Japan, and over there rust hits so bad that it's rare to find anything older than 20 years.

I might have to cancel this appointment and start trying DMVs in the suburbs or something. I was just at the closest one to me in the city the other day, and in the paltry 40 minutes I was there, two separate guys came in to switch out their California license plates. They come here in droves and then complain about how it's not like California.

Not even Veeky Forums related feels now, just frustration born of impotence.

Yeah for me it was over a 3 hour drive to get a test done the same week I showed up. Bullshit. Stay strong, Veeky Forumsregonian. My job's taking me to South Carolina, so maybe after the first 2 years, I'll take a trip up to Japanese Classics LLC in virginia to pick up one of their imports. If not, I'll at least collect some guns that I can't get in California.

it's easy to own cars in Japan? I am planning on doing an exchange there and maybe moving there when I got my bachelor

>be highly introverted
>build street car to beat 90% of cars on the road in either a straight line or around a track
>live within 10 minutes of one of the best roads in the nation
>state park with a good sized one lane road that loops around several "circuits"
>designed in such a way that you have 3 different circuits to choose from
>if I feel slow in one section I can get back to it in under a minute and keep practicing
>suffer from insomnia so I go out to drive at around 2am every night
>get back around 5
>My time keeps improving but I don't want to invite anyone to join me because I want this spot to stay clear of traffic
>also don't want cops ruining a good time because the place is supposed to be closed from 10 to 6

I mean yeah it's pretty fucking bad but, can you blame me?

It's not easy to own cars, nor is it easy to move there. Sorry mate. Only reason I was there was because my pop's was in the military. I had the chance to stay after I graduated, but I left 3 days after I got my diploma in my hands. Wonderful place, but not what it's made out to be.

if it's closed how do you get in? do I need to look into near by parks for sick drives?

You sound like you could be your own anime/manga protagonist.

>TFW years ago got my friends who had no interest in anything mechanical into motorcycles
>now coaxing them into cars
>persuasive feels a good

Yeah, I might have to drag a friend with me on my day off and head out to some two-story town to take it within the next month.

>guns
I should probably get on that before they ruin that too.

Seconding the idea that you're actually the protagonist of an anime. Blast that eurobeat and keep an eye out for any qts with a broken down car on the side of the road.

>When you sold it because you were changing for a better one
>When you cried a little when you saw the new owner driving her away down your street
>When you miss her
>You'll never have it back
>You shouldn't have sold it

>Only reason I was there was because my pop's was in the military.
are you the guy from tokyo drift?

>It's not easy to own cars, nor is it easy to move there. Sorry mate.
I know it's not easy to move there but with a bachelor in mechanical engineering from Germany it shouldn't be too hard, I am hopeful.
I was just wondering about car ownership there because everybody seems to be using trains to commute and I am scared it could be even more expensive than here.

When I was 16, I got two of my friends to get motorcycles with me. The main selling point was that it'd be easier to get to school, and maybe we'd look cool. I was right about the first thing at least.
Anyway, the first one got the fastest 50cc you'd ever seen, but never wanted to ride any county lanes with us because that'd be "gay". The second one got a scooter, and wouldn't remove the 28mph limiter, so he lost interested really quickly, and I ended up riding alone until we got drivers' licenses - that was when we started going fast

Ive been in school for two years finishing this diploma. I got a corolla with the 4MEMEge i love it. But i never get a chance to go and have fun, there is a nice road on the way to my parents, but due to my cars brakes being at 5% and i have no money to get them done

>are you the guy from tokyo drift?
I wish. Only driftable car I owned when I was there was a 1991 Toyota Estima van that me and some buddies welded the diff on.
>everybody seems to be using trains to commute and I am scared it could be even more expensive than here
I don't know how expensive public transport is in Germany, and I only lived in rural areas, but the out of the five times I had ever gone to major cities (outside of my rural province), I only used public transport and it was cheap as fuck. You could go from one corner of tokyo to the other and back for under 10 USD. If you manage to save any money using a personally owned car, you'll end up spending it back on parking.

>I don't know how expensive public transport is in Germany, and I only lived in rural areas, but the out of the five times I had ever gone to major cities (outside of my rural province), I only used public transport and it was cheap as fuck. You could go from one corner of tokyo to the other and back for under 10 USD. If you manage to save any money using a personally owned car, you'll end up spending it back on parking.
You misunderstood me. I know public transport is really good in Japan. I meant that I was scared that car ownership would be even more expensive than in Germanistan.

>I know it's not easy to move there but with a bachelor in mechanical engineering from Germany it shouldn't be too hard

rofl. they would rather build robots than give you a visa. You think they have a shortage of japanese engineers? give it up you pathetic weeb.

sage for you faggots needing a reality check or at least a trip back to /r9k/

>rofl. they would rather build robots than give you a visa. You think they have a shortage of japanese engineers? give it up you pathetic weeb.
Well, I am gonna try my luck and I don't even watch anime

>letting a car go anywhere but a junkyard because it's just too fucked to function

Obviously you didn't like it that much.

Oh, my bad. Once again, I don't know how things are in Germany, but in Japan, you pay a yearly "road tax" which is supposed to go to keeping road quality good (and in my rural province, it didn't because roads were mostly shit and made from 50% asphalt, and 50% ground up coral from dead reefs).
If your car is over a certain width or over 2000cc's then the road tax is doubled. I can't remember the width off the top of my head, but a Nissan S13 stock would be under the width, and a Nissan S13 with flared fenders would be over.
You also have what us americans called JCI, I believe the Japanese call it Sha-ken. It's basically an all inclusive vehicle inspection that covers emissions, drive-ability, safety, etc. This gets super anal, and everything about the car is written on the title and if you change it, you need to make amendments to the title, before you can pass inspection.
Change the paint? Needs to reflect on the title. Car started life as AT, needs to be changed if you manual swap it. Put a rollcage in and took out the rear seats? Now the car legally holds less people, so this must be on the title. You see where I'm going?
Overall the test is either done every 2 years, or whenever you sell/buy it. You'll have to figure out between buyer or seller who's doing what. Depending on what they find wrong, expect to pay $250 to 500. Pro-tip they always find something wrong. You can't pass in one shot.
The license itself is the worst. Lucky for me I was US citizen so I was able to go thru the military base and about $250 in fees later, I got my license. I had plenty of Japanese friends who were nowhere near as lucky though. The local drivers schools I believe start at around 1000 USD, and you have to pay for each test too, so I believe the end amount is around 1500. They actually have boarding schools where you literally go to live at the driving school for I believe a week, and that costs near 2500 USD but it's all inclusive, meals and everything.

>tfw most of your friends are busriders
>tfw you love your car but since it's not an 'enthusiast' vehicle everyone assumes you don't care about cars/driving
>tfw your one friends who likes cars doesn't even really like driving, just meticulously washing/waxing/vacuuming it and looking at it in the driveway

austria or germany?
Had a pretty similar experience at that age

Wow thanks for the long answer user, really appreciate it. Everything you described is very similar to Germany, especially with the tests

>tfw the only guy I know remotely knowledgeable about cars doesn't like working on them
>tfw no one else gives a shit

>no friends, no car gang
>have very twisty road, have car
>happy and content, want nothing more
>wreck car, one of the last few things that actually made me feel happy gets torn away from me
>become social recluse
>impulse buy a broken car for $600
>convince myself I can fix it and re-live my dream again
>I still believe it
I would give everything I own for that feeling one last time.

you can user fix the broken car or buy a working one. At least you have twisty roads in florida it's nothing but flat we have about one corner every 5 miles it makes me so depressed

>Are you Akio sempai-kun?

What car do you drive? I might make a manga about you.

What kind of car user kun?

Lonely Drivers

This whole thread could just be a collection of one off narrated mini stories about ronery drivers with no resolutions.
>initial D but no gas station and Takumi and Itsuki don't know each other

>tfw american
>tfw drive a pigfat autotragic fwd camry
>tfw no decent sound system to blast eurobeat to
>tfw no touge-like roads in NJ

Slapping the Fujiwara Tofu Delivery decal on the passenger door is the most fun I've had with the car.

TOYOTA TO PRODUCE 3 SPORTS CAR LINE UP
evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/19033/toyota-will-produce-three-strong-sports-car-lineup

Save up a few hundred and get some new speakers, they honestly don't cost that much. :D

You can still make your camry look cool what yr is it?

first off checked
secondly I'd draw it but I have zero artistic talent so it'd look like shit

>have one friend who is mechanically inclined but doesn't care about cars
>always makes fun of me for liking manual
>calls me poor
>one time when were about to go somewhere I toss him the keys
>start telling him how to drive it
>doesn't get it at first
>starts to get the hang of it
>pull out onto a bigger road
>says to me
>"You know user, I see why you like this"
>"This is pretty fun"
>We haven't even gotten to fun stuff

Feels good man

I was actually thinking about salvaging the stereo (well, CD player and amp) from my dad's now dead Chrysler, and getting new speakers and putting that in it.

92. The most boring looking camry. Pic is literally it.

I'm a draw friend for rainbow 6 seige general, I'll make some mini manga about some of these stories tonight on my phone or just quick sketches or something

New one's a Civic EM2. An outdated, under steering mess. Or so I've heard.
Old one was a Toyota Echo, I loved how peppy the engine was, I just hope the Civic can compare. Both are/were 5-speed.
I haven't got the money to buy a new car, and I've kinda grown kinda attached to the Civic. With the roads situation, I guess I'm lucky in that aspect, I can't complain.

I really like how your Camry looks, user...
Just get a pair of dogleg hats to compliment the headlights, and get it re-sprayed in a colour you like.
It looks really cool, I wish there was stuff like that for sale around here.

>dogleg hats
Fog lights

sounds tight man I'll save anything you draw and post as a memoir of my thread and these stories

This car was bought for 300 bucks back in 2004. It was on its way to the junkyard. The power window eventually failed, and the door was rotting through, so after a few years I found a cheap replacement door with a working window. It doesn't even fit on the car right, it's from a 95 and the car is a 92.

well good luck on the car my man, and yea I'd give anything for just one twisty road

>guy at work owns base model charger
>tries hitting me up because i have a sports car
>really don't like him, he's really obnoxious and starts talking about all this work he's done on it that makes no sense (had dealer put forged pistons in, and install coil overs despite the fact it still has monstertruck fitment)
>don't want to start shit at work because he's got tenure but also can't stand him.

I bought my Civic for 600. It had sat for 3 years, was bought by a guy for his son, who never even used it. It sat for another year before I bought it out of grief. The passenger power window only puts it down. The hole has many holes, and the exhaust is not connected to the manifold. There is a vacuum leak somewhere, and the rocker panels are threatening to go. A long crack in the windshield, and the hood latch doesn't work. The trunk-spring-thing doesn't work, and it slams. There are a shitload of leaks, the passenger door handle sticks. The engine wouldn't start when I bought it, and now only idles normally for 10-20 seconds at a time. All the brakes are seized. Horn's busted. Rear window is fogged up with window tint glue.

It's not about what's wrong with the car, it's about what good times you can have with it. Don't let a bad door, a bad window ruin your time with a car. If it's on its deathbed, go have the best time you can with it.

What you have there my friend.
Is a certified shitbox. I'd buy you the sticker if you wanted.
I agree with whole heartedly.

this is me manga drawfriend I searched FOREVER on IG pages and Google and I found you some pics that I hope will inspire you and make you appreciate or like your car just a tad bit more

There's alot more inspo for the AE100/101 but I finally found some decent camrys for you!!

Thanks, hope you find a good place to drive.

I actually tried buying some stickers, including some "Powered by Super Eurobeat" ones, but they never came in. I appreciate the offer, though.

send an email to OVG so they can either blacklist those sites or get the stickers to you that's BS, I'd be willing to buy you one as well since you got fucked over

Just vacuuming the car out made me appreciate it more, I should put some more love into it. Plus I need to clean it up better if I wanna have a stereo installed, as well, don't want them thinking it's a total piece of shit.

Also, would it be cheaper for me to get an actual CF hood, or should I have it vinyl wrapped to look like a CF hood? I wanna go all the way with the hajirogu look.

There's hope for your car yet anonkun

> tfw my 'lonely driver' level might be transcending into 'the ghost of Akina' (if I were able to be good that is)
We may be driving alone user, but we'll unite as it

Probably cheaper to get a wrap off of Aliexpress or some shit

thank you user that's reassuring

There are a couple touges in NJ though, I have like 3 of them saved. Probably gonna go out there during the summer because I live like an hour and half away (NYC for reference). And if you want we ca meet up and hit the touge together

That sounds cool, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Be your own Dagumi

Inisharu Dee, Veeky Forums, and mostly Eurobeat itself, inspired me to come up with the idea of an anime movie based around racing. I could get autistically into detail about it, but I was thinking the gist of it being; this kid (around 21) moves out on his own, and his car is a Yugo GVX that his parents got for a few hundred. It may have been slightly tuned up, or maybe it is 'magic' and can do things on its own. I'll go with "he and his dad spent time working on the car, and did some minor modifications such as replacing the fuel infection system and adding a supercharger".

I was thinking the main point would focus on him breaking up with his girlfriend, portrayed as a race between his GVX and her F-150 SVT, set to "Love is in Danger". The engine failure would be symbolic of his heart breaking, so he tows his car down to the junkyard, and it gets the attention of two benchracers that work there since they don't see a car like that often. They convince Kip to throw a Mazda 13B in it as it would fit in the Yugo's small engine bay quite nicely and would deliver a lot of power, and he joins the benchracers team. They drive a Miata and a Twingo, both of which are Veeky Forums's meme cars, and are painted similarly to Takumi's AE86. The final race would have Kip against his ex-girlfriend set to Adrenaline, as this race would be a "rollercoaster of emotions" according to the lyrics.

Would this be considered infringing on Inisharu Dee? Sorry for the autism, it just really motivated me.

I don't think it would be infringing it's different enough to be its own thing although I'm noticing some flaws
>magic, can do things on its own
scrap that idea right into the trash
>minor modifications
>supercharger
m8 that's not minor but I see that idea
>race between GVX and F150
why is she driving a truck, it wouldn't race well at all, find a different car for the female
and that's kinda about it didn't feel like going into too much detail, just wanted to point these out to help refine your idea not to attack it

Idunno, it was an excuse. And by minor I meant the engine wasn't completely rebuilt, just something bolted onto it.

The SVT 150 is a surprising fast truck. I went with truck because, well, inspiration from personal experiences. Maybe it could be a 2001 Celica instead.

It's ok to be inspired be anal fissure-D but don't reference it with cars in the most iconic paint job, also I think him racing a girl with a truck is a but odd/weird/cringey

BUT I do think your idea has potential, and I like the car choices, since alot of them are so out of the ordinary "streetracing cars" also as a draw friend I think making it into a mini comic or manga is MUCH MUCH easier and cheaper to do than a whole fucking animation

i know this guy who thinks trucks are fast

he claims to know about cars but asks me how many pistons a rotary has

Not just any truck, an F-150 Lightning, a limited edition sports edition. I was thinking that, when they were friends, Kip was able to tell her that this wasn't just "any" truck, and should take care of it and not pawn it off.

Plus this one looks kinda like a girl truck, doesn't it?

Also I Screenshotted your post so I might use it for mini manga, there's alot of decent ideas for street racing manga in here

It's nice to keep some of those ideas on hand for myself

the Celica I think would be a better choice, a that Ford Lightning is very quick but doesn't handle for shit so there wouldn't really be a race. And are they friends or are they dating?

I wouldn't use the truck idea, seems out of place, I like the Celica idea though, seems more fitting

So you're saying the rotary-powered Yugo would beat it on a toe-gay?

As for their relationship, the best I can put it is 'unrequited love'; he is absolutely in love with her, but she sees him as just 'a friend with benefits'. They did spend a lot of time together, otherwise. He gets jealous of her dating some other dude and feels cheated, so he decides to start harassing and stalking the guy. This upsets her and makes her leave him. He eventually gets to race the guy, for the semi-final race, and the girl is on this guy's team as well. I'm not sure what kinda car he has, I was thinking a Delorean? Something that has that 80s look that synthwave likes to reference. As for the guy's appearance, he isn't so much a chad dudebro as he is just another guy. I was thinking about calling him Don.

This thread turned from being a feels thread, into a street racing manga idea thread.

Too many ideas pulling away from each other

Having your MC be a pathetic bitch boy stalker? Having a dude drive a slow ass DeLorean for the 80's aesthetic? While the girl drives a modern truck or Celica, seems like theres waay to many conflicting ideas of thought, you need to concentrate on main points and ideas and limit yourself to certain ideas so that they'll make sense

Also, the main reason why I wanted to go with the 'car can do things' idea is for the final race. The engine cannot be stressed past a certain point, but the car's ECU tells the engine to push past its limit on the final stretch, effectively blowing the engine, just so that Kip could win the race.

Not necessarily a Delorean, I meant to say 'any 80s car that has that sort of look', like a Lancia Montecarlo. Not sure how fast that is, either, or how readily available it is, I just want something with that boxy 80's wedge aesthetic.

Well he isn't so much a bitch boy as they did spend a lot of time doing other things, I was thinking they spent some time doing practice races for fun, and helped Kip hone his skills as a racer. Basically, she said to him that she's not one to get into a relationship, which was fine with him, but she changed her mind completely when it came to Don. THAT is what upset Kip so much, and the extent of his 'stalking' was simply finding him someplace (like at a bar) and confronting him.

not the author but what's conflicting? if he chose the Celica that would fit the 80s just like the DeLorean. He could have a story arc about the "other guy" maybe having him do an engine swap to make it not the slow piece of shit that it is and maybe add a little drama when he finds out about the love triangle. Those could be main points, although IMO the story would be smoother if it was based around the two guys fighting for the girl, although a little cringy it would be easier to set up

nah man scrap that magic idea for real not to be rude but it's a stupid idea. Also that ending is exactly like Initial D am exact rip off

Yeah, I was gonna add that. Plus I'm not even sure if rotaries can blow up like a piston engine can. I dunno, I was just throwing these ideas around in my head, it's hard to think straight when you're blasting Eurobeat.

>be southamerican, 3rd world
>enthusiast's cars are rare, and expensive.
>miatas are ultra rare. There are some e30s, most of them trashed and the rest are well kept but lunatics prices.
>RWD is almost inexistent. Old Japanese coupes are instantly labeled as "racer boy speed machines" while being some basic trim level N/A shit that gets priced high as fk. Even goddamn civics.
>the market is flooded with Chinese, Indian, and southamerican made econoboxes. Importing used cars is illegal.
>now decided I like motorcycles since you can get a good motorcycle for the price of a shitty car (good motorcycle : 2005 ninja 250)
>family hates motorcycles and threatens me with kicking me out if I ever get one.
Living the good life br/o/s. Appreciate what you have there

>Might as well post in this obvious feels thread

I made a decision a few weeks ago about something and it might have fucked up my life for now. I will know next week if everything will continue and if things will be ok or I will need to hit the grindstone and continue to dig myself out of the struggle.

>Won't know until next week If I have a job or not
>Current network engineer and might be losing everything soon
>Good news is I am highly trained, certified, experienced and I have a shit ton of references if something goes south next week

This whole relationship/petty love triangle is getting way too drawn out, it feels like it's only suppos3d to be a small piece of the MC's backstory as to who he is and why he's doing what he's doing

It's sounding more and more like a romance manga/novel than a street racing manga

Well if it's doesn't work out you're going to be ALOT more hirable than some snot nosed teen or grandpa that's for sure

I dunno, I was just trying to explain shit. I just need a wedge shaped car that would be possible to own and also somewhat fast for the other guy. I think this would be nice, if it was also fast. Or a Trans Am, whichever would be better.

Well thats how the MC meets the other characters and the finale is a race between the two lovers so it could be a sub romance genre

It'd be romance if the MC won the girl in the end. Spoilers: He doesn't.

its still a romance as getting the girl is the MC's only driving factor, he seems a little one dimensional

>getting the girl is the MC's only driving factor,

Where was that ever implied? I only said that was the theme of the story. Once he breaks up with her, he moves on from her and her boyfriend, and races with his benchracers in other courses. A few years pass, maybe some sort of grand championship comes up, and he sees his ex and her boyfriend there. Again, I only gave a very abridged version of my story.