>1995 looks
Here is a 95 ranger.
>made for driving pleasure
>auto only
ONE JOB RENAULT
YOU HAD ONE JOB

>Here is a 95 ranger.
dafuq it looks like some 1985 shit

yeah maybe 1995 is too long ago, I should've said 2005, for real the design looks old as fuck

1985 Ranger

this one is sick, the other 2 are shit

not understanding why people think this looks bad, it looks awesome, looks like the lovechild of a lotus and a porsche, the sexy sister of the audi tt. Interior is goodlooking aswell.

haters...I'm looking forward to seeing them on the street.

2005 ranger

looks neat but
>Renault
no thanks

>ONE JOB RENAULT
>YOU HAD ONE JOB

It's adressed in the interview at 2:40.
youtu.be/-RAbjfaDcH8?t=2m39s

Who the fuck do they think is buying this? Richfags aren't buying it for the badge, it's nowhere near as useful or safe as a luxury crossover, theres no status of any kind with the Renault name, Alpine or not. That leaves driving enthusiasts. And 99% of driving enthusiasts will want a fucking third pedal.

and what is this supposed to mean?

>mfw my father happened to be at the auto salon and just called to tell me he ordered one
>will function as a winter beater so he doesn't have to drive his 964

neat. Guess I'll have to drive it from time to time when he borrows my shitbox because he needs the back seats.

also this is the first picture from the press materials. Renault apparently still knows what's good

Yeah no.

>250hp

What a fucking letdown desu.

purist=/=enthusiast
luckily not as much purists in europe as one would think

People who like cars for attention are not driving enthusiasts. Driving enthusiasts, not attention enthusiasts, will be buying an expensive Renault. Driving enthusiasts will want a third pedal.

>driving enthusiasts

Thats a nice way to say american shitbox owners

people who like cars more than just revving the engine on red light stops simply because they like to drive their cars are enthusiasts
as long as you're enjoying your car and taking care of it you're being enthusiastic about, ie. an enthusiast
of course, the term is broad but it's not difficult to understand
if i read this muh third pedal shit one more time i will gouge your eyes out

It's the right transmission for filthy normies. Manual is for actualy enthusiasts

>less than 300whp
>autotragic only
>SIXTY (60) THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS

And if they like cars they will have doubtlessly tried manual and discovered they enjoy it far more.

yeah okay, good for them

Therefore to dell a car to enthusiasts it's a good idea to include a fucking manual transmission.

i agree, but automatics are becoming more and more reliable plus there's this "computers sift faster than any human ever will" thing so manuel has already lost
the only reasonable way to include a manual is because of budget costs
i'm sorry if you don't like but that's the world of modern cars today

>hurr durr muh performance
I said driving enthusiasts, not benchracing bus riders.

sometimes i forget how difficult it is talking to you people

This. DCT types are much faster, BUT manuals are more fun.

People that actually take their cars out to enjoy on windy roads always prefer manual

Not if your windy road is the Nurburgring.

All jokes aside though. If the only joy you draw from a car is the fact that it has a slightly more engaging way of shifting gears you either can't drive or your car is shit.

>1.8 Nissan
But I'm betting on more powerful engines if this car meets success. Maybe with a V6 Nissan ? Or is it too big for a car about as big as a Miata , but with engine in central position ?

It's not the only way, but it does increase the enjoyment.

I would take a DCT over a car with no steering feel, but would prefer a manual.

IMO hierarchy of importance in a drivers car
1, Steering feel
2. Manual
3. RWD

Renault is shit at making cars

This guy gets it.
People who have actually driven cars? Yeah I bet.

How would you know since you are a bus rider ?

>People who have actually driven cars? Yeah I bet.
in my posts i never stressed any kind of personal opinions, it's the look on modern cars from budgetary, manufacturing and marketing standpoint
we can go on and on and on how "enthusiastic" manuals are but your thick skull doesn't seem to accept the awareness of the situation

I really really like it, i hope they make alot of them

Theyre basically reducing the power of a 300hp engine to 250hp for no reason. They even asked them why and they didnt get an answer from renault

to save euroboomer lives (MR layout)
probably fiscal reasons..

looks like a audi TT or porsche cayman with spotlights

Thats a strange looking BRZ

You're not using "enthusiastic" correctly. Also how does this make any sense to marketing? They're not selling to oil money so the car isn't hopelessly tasteless, and there is no normie pedigree with the Renault name. They've also stated they're making a car for driving pleasure. What makes any sense in making it automatic only, given all of that?

i wish the GT86 looked as clean/simple as that car

It's a dct.
Stop being so autistic about this manual meme ffs.

The GT86 looks incredibly simple compared to this thing. Downright boring if you parked them next to each other.

Check your vision.

>1,080 kg
Yeah you're wrong user

>for no reason
Think about how overstressed a 1.8l motor making 250hp is. There's a very good reason this engine doesn't make 300.