Non-car enthusiast here

Non-car enthusiast here.
Could someone explain to me why no car company has ever made a car look like pic related, but with a shitty engine/parts and sold it at a low-mid range price?

The sportscar/supercar shape is impractical for storage, not fuel efficient, and hard to see out of. It also draws attention, something normies don't want. Closest example I can think of is the Honda Del Sol, they took a Civic and put a sportscar-ish body on it.

>The sportscar/supercar shape is impractical for storage, not fuel efficient, and hard to see out of.
Yea, but I would think plenty of people who want to own a sports car but can't afford one would flock to it.

In all fairness despite being lolfwd, it's a roadster/sports car and didn't go full retard with the styling, that's what all of them look like. Look at modern Honda for boyracer-tier shitboxes pretending to be fast.

Sportscars cost less than you think. New, a Miata starts at like 24 grand. A GT86/BRZ is like 26 grand and comes with more goodies standard. A V6 mustang is like 22 grand. And that's just new. A used C4 Corvette is cheap as shit.

judging from his pic he's talking about supercars.

Kinda had a fastback shape, was all SHARP ANGLES JUTTING LINES MUH MODERN AGGRESSIVE CAR DESIGN REE so a bit hard to tell. Even then, Fiero, MR2, etc.

Even the most retarded dick-wavers wouldn't trade utility AND power for just looks. You're suggesting a slow car that can't win stoplight races and can't haul anything, but is styled like a supercar. For what fucking purpose? Idiotic teenagers with too much of daddy's money? The market for it would be nonexistent.

>Could someone explain to me why no car company has ever made a car look like pic related, but with a shitty engine/parts and sold it at a low-mid range price?

What is Cadillac?

Fuck you I like the design direction that Honda's going.

>Even the most retarded dick-wavers wouldn't trade utility AND power for just looks.
I can think of 1 market.

you just described all modern v6 muscle cars

>inb4 triggered babbys with daddies $$$ come to defend their shitbox

REEEEE

There is no money in that market though. Also, nobody reply to the post above the REEEE post.

reply.

screw you mom and dad!

You fucked it up hard but ok.

Does this count?

?

LMAO
this will trigger them

Even the advertising for the car acknowledged that it was a fast looking piece of shit

Do people still find this funny. Honestly this is like laughing at the fact you still shit in the bathtub at age 60

V6 1LE is pretty damn quick. And sounds good too.
V6 mustang (RIP in peace) non 1LE V6 Camaro and V6 Challenger a shit though

Nobody ever found it funny apart from two autists with opposing complexes. Don't give it a reply.

I actually like the look of the newer one,why doesn't Veeky Forums like it?
Also,if I test drive one and like it should I buy one?

>Could someone explain to me why no car company has ever made a car look like pic related, but with a shitty engine/parts and sold it at a low-mid range price?
>>>
What is CHINA? Dude, that's the entire theme there...

>V6
>sounds good

Assmad GM fangirl detected

Looks like a Mazda6 and a Cadillac had a baby.

It's a FWD shitbox. Veeky Forumsonly likes good cars and Civics.

>attention
>something normies don't want

Maybe """normies""" in Finland.

One not so obvious reason would be that it devalues the higher end shit
Like the top tier GT sports luxury etc cars are noticable by looks and provide prestige and exclusivity
If every Lamborghini looked the same on the outside including badges but the lowest model had no electronics of any kind and had a 4banger, people wouldn't want to buy the v12 real deal because there would be so many 4bangers everywhere

Real world example
My boss at a place I used to work would park his Rolls Royce right up by the front so everyone can see

If it was snowing and or any other reason where he pulled up in his f150 or escalade, he wouldn't always park up front

This is what V6 "muscle" cars are for.

a company has

this thing does 0-60 in >6sec