What is the most reliable car ever built?

What is the most reliable car ever built?

Other urls found in this thread:

greencarreports.com/news/1102736_durable-2012-chevrolet-volt-300000-miles-no-battery-loss
youtube.com/watch?v=rtaCOH6nYUk
youtu.be/hpcudSBLaqc
toyotadriverseat.com/products/the-verdict-is-in-corollas-reputation-for-reliability-is-justified-1.htm
beavertoyotastaugustine.com/million-mile-corolla/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The car not owned by you

shorty thicc as fuck

whats her @

Is that CWC?

is this the "put the chromosome in the bag" meme seen from a different angle?

damn

sauce?

DUUH!

is this what peak performance looks like

It will never run well, but it will run terribly until the heat death of the universe. Why do I still see the BTW? You'd think no one would buy them there is cheaper and nicer alternatives

Volvo 240 non-turbo wagon

that was my guess too

BRAAAAAAAP

Corvette.

?

>what is odometer rolling

Corvair

I wonder how many time japs have cursed merica when cavaliers rolled into their workshops and non of the wrenches fitted

Naw It's legit. The guy drives a lot. It's basically a truck motor and transmission so it shouldn't be that hard to believe.

Ford Focus MK1

1971 Plymouth valiant. forged crank 225 slant six. literally unkillable.

Are you retarded? Buy a new Toyota or Nissan and go 100,000 miles without a service. A focus MIGHT get 15 or 20 thousand without a service if you are very very lucky

Any 70s-80s Mercedes diesel
It will literally never fail under any circumstances, I should know as I've owned 6 of them.

kek

Those early Focuses are fucking unkillable m8, with little or no maintenance at all. They're def one of the most reliable cars Ford has ever made

The Volt is pretty reliable. It's also incredibly efficient.

not really

90s F-150s are pretty good.

Yeah driving 2 miles to the whole foods store once a week is quite the feat.

Indeed, w123 diesel defies the laws of entropy

Yeah, really.

greencarreports.com/news/1102736_durable-2012-chevrolet-volt-300000-miles-no-battery-loss

This pic includes a round trip I took from California to Salt Lake City.

>nobody mentions 90's hilux
I'm ashamed of you Veeky Forums

If they never fail, why would you need to own more than one?

Yeah but I bet you drive like a geriatric fuck like all hybrid/EV owners. Drive it like a normal car and it'll fall apart as fast as any normal car.

I accelerate with medium force and drive at or slightly above the speed limit on most days.

That's a meme. Any not new domestic truck would take the abuse the Hilux took on Top Gear.

youtube.com/watch?v=rtaCOH6nYUk

Except the tiny fucking 4 wheel drum brakes which make it impossible to stop in an emergency. Source- My family's junkyard filled with valiants & darts.

My Grandfather & then father drove a 77 Coupe DeVille from 1977-2001 to & from work 5/6 days a week. One hour commute in rush hour traffic each way (Long Island to Brooklyn) . 286,000 mile before the original tranny finally shit the bed. I'd say thats pretty damn reliable considering they never did anything, but basic maintenance.

1MZ Camrys or the 1UZ Lexus/Soarers

I'd say Corollas but the 7AFE and 1ZZ both burn oil and neglectful owners will kill them

what is the most reliable car 2016+ thats available in the US

7A never had an oil burning problem
1zz was only 99 to 02 and was easily fixed

Volvo 240, my moms actually passed a million miles.

I would suggest Saab 900 as mine got to 800k miles before rust killed it, but those transmissions are glass.

Early meaning 00-05?

One thing I will tell anyone is that a gm car will run poorly longer than most cars will even run. More so with the saturns

I thought v4 Camrys were more reliable than the v6?

The Ford Panther platform, of course!

full disclosure: I have one

there are more reliable cars, but not by much. I'll give the panther platform the hands down cheapest repair costs for when shit does break, however.

As a panther owner, I agree. There are some common issues, but almost all of them are relatively simple and cheap to fix.

How come noone mentions avalons

GEO METRO

They don't even have to run poorly. I got 545k out of a LeSabre and was still running well when the trans went. The 3800 will never be as smooth as other engines, but if you do basic maintenance, it will run until the sun consumes the earth.

Fucking this
youtu.be/hpcudSBLaqc

Not a 240 in the video but some of those old volvos just refuse to die

Toyota Hilux

What about maintenance costs though

According to a survey done by insurance companies, the most reliable car of all time is the Honda Accord. Though they don't specify what year model.

Thats utterly impossible
>those transmissions

> (You)
>Thats utterly impossible
>>those transmissions

www.carinsurancecomparison.com/most-reliable-cars/

What would car insurance companies know about reliability? They rarely see the car

matt farah's million mile lexus

Would you look at the rest of that list, we can't take it seriously

What is the difference between say a 99 Camry and a 99 avalon

Not Corolla. Hilux is the most reliable. Corolla comes second.

And then there's old Civics which can't be murdered.

More corollas on the road than hilux

people tending to flock doesn't settle it.

That's because Corolla is the most popular car ever. Not the most reliable.

Okee dokee

Any bmw.

Wrong.
Million Mile car? Here's your first clue.

T I T A N I U M

Mine was shit. Gasket was the last straw.

Convertible z24. Worst of both worlds.

Pretty sure i've overheated mine at least 3 times and at least one cylinder had run without oil yet it still goes bang no matter the temperature.

These are meme cars and basic as fuck but
>corolla
>civic

The most unreliable cars have to be
>anything by gm
>any ford truck
>murica

>mfw all the truckfags and amerifags get triggered

No one mentioned the Ford Crown Victoria? Jesus, this board has been euro-weeb cucked to hell.

CO RO LLA
>612,000 miles before a rebuild
>over 1 million miles now
toyotadriverseat.com/products/the-verdict-is-in-corollas-reputation-for-reliability-is-justified-1.htm

Tercel.

>if I post retarded generalizations and yell "u mad XD" I win

COROLLA!!!!!
beavertoyotastaugustine.com/million-mile-corolla/
>Although the paint is faded, this is on the ORIGINAL engine and ORIGINAL transmission. The only major work was replacing the clutch twice

51-53 ford pickup
I have one that is still running with all factory internals, suspension, and drivetrain. Transmission has no synchro but that's about it

6th gen corolla
>inb4 muh duty cycle

why do big people drive truggs?

if you have ever seen a big person ride a scooter or get in a hatch back
you understand why a truck is preferred

Bu-but they did, don't be angry please

my dad is a big guy almost just as big as that guy and fits perfectly fine in a large sedan which is a 2009 Cadillac DTS.

So no i don't understand why a truck is preferred. unless of course, you're morbidly obese and out of options.

people need to move big stuff some times
furniture... building supplies... atvs... your mom...

Shit even I drove a corolla being 6'5 around 270 at the time. It sucked climbing in and out but it's fine

Your mom, I ride her every day.

Only a BMW fanboy would think an early Subaru with known head gasket issues is reliable.

What year range did they fix those head gasket issues

me mums corolla has over 300k on it without having needed anything too major. its an e100. but i wouldnt trust a newer corolla. not at all.

rather than go with corolla id actually go with something with a 22r such as a hilux. my 82 corona has one and although it has only 170k miles the only problems the engine has ever had are leaking some radiator fluid and burning oil (which was an easy fix). of course its had maintenance done too but . but its been in the family since new so I can say with some certainty that the radiator thing and oil burning are the only two things that have gone wrong with the engine in 35 years. the compression is still great on all cylinders too, tested that recently.

Like 2010

Only the 2.5's had that issue. Research more pleb.

Oh wow lol no wonder i don't like subies

The 2.0 and 2.2 are ok engines. Just gotta keep an eye on them.
Last few i drove had piston slap and one had rod knock

Found the triggered ameritard

I'd think the URAL 4350 or the MAN Kat1 6x6

What about in the desert, in war zones, and on a pedestal in the Top Gear studio?

does the car not list when ever they get in ?
and have handling and speed problems