Buying a Car off eBay

Is it ever worth it? Scam stories?

I am considering buying a car off eBay right now, pic related. Been emailing this lady that says she's in the military and deploying soon, getting rid of the car because she doesn't want/need it anymore. She's sent me more pics and the car is in pristine condition in them, though they might be old pics or something.

She says it's all stock, 76k miles, 5spd, with the original tool kits and maintenance records that would come with the car should i choose to get it shipped over here (which will cost me nothing, because she's paying for shipping as per our agreement). if i got it out here i would have 5 days to drive it and see if i like it before being able to return it for a full refund through eBay. I've read through all the terms and shit sounds pretty nice, any opinions are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6021082505.html
2040-cars.com/Honda/Civic/1993-honda-civic-del-sol-si-coupe-2-door-1-6l-16k-original-miles-515125/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy a miata instead

The del sol is completely inferior to any miata

can't find any miata's in my area that are as cheap as this honda or as in good condition

How much is the Del Sol?

Also where do you live? I can help you look.

1500, pic related

i live in az

That's pretty cheap, but I wouldn't buy for any other reason than to flip to some soccer mom who wants a "fun" "sports" car.

I'm looking for a cheap miata in Arizona, but I likely won't find anything for that cheap. Just save your money and buy a $3k NA/NB miata in a few months.

How much you imagine i could flip it for?

Maybe 3k if you are lucky, but you are already in luck.

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6021082505.html

It has a fucked differential, but it can be fixed relatively easily/cheaply.

Never mind actually, that Miata is a true shitbox. I didn't look at all of the pictures.

just going with my gut, that seems too good to be true. its very clean and shes paying for shipping? she could sell it on her local Cl in less than a week, why bother with ebay (and ebay fees)?

2040-cars.com/Honda/Civic/1993-honda-civic-del-sol-si-coupe-2-door-1-6l-16k-original-miles-515125/

That looks comfy

this is exactly what im saying. She says that shes already been trying to sell it on eBay for a long time, and its sitting in a storage unit ran by eBay until someone (me) made a serious inquiry about it. She says she'll send the car with a title and a bill or sale already signed with the car, i just have to pay the 1500.

I did get an invoice from eBay themselves telling me the details of the agreement, mostly that id have to buy $1500 in eBay cards, have them verified by eBay support, after which the car will be sent. when its delivered i get to play with the car for 5 days, would definitely go to mechanic to have it professionally inspected.... eBay says they'll give me my 1500 back in cash if i choose to send it back

this is alarming

I can't tell if this is a really dedicated troll thread or if you are all completely fucking retarded, but the whole 'military member deploying soon willing to ship you a car' is the oldest trick in the Craigslist scam book

Came in to say this

you are an idiot

ah fuck off i aint even done anything yet

scam

Ran the VIN yet?
Do that and get back to us.

I hear you op, been trying to scope out a Camry in my price range for a while now

Never buy a car you can't inspect in person.

VIN check it; anything that sounds that good is likely to be stolen.
Your plan is good otherwise.

Dude I saw this car in a craigslist ad recently. Where is this lady?

>$1500
>free shipping that costs almost the whole price of the car
>have to buy "ebay cards" to pay for it
It's a scam you retard. You should totally buy it.

Ok I found the link i sent to a friend earlier in the week. The post says its been flagged for removal. It was was the same price, on scranton.craigslist.org.

OP, I will sell you that exact car for half price. Email me [email protected]