EVO vs. WRX STI

Been wanting one of these cars for the longest time. Help me decide. Thinking of an 2006 sti or evo 9.
>What are the main differences between the two?
>Stock for stock which is better?
>What should I buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TBNx6UkuMvY?list=PL0l2ls91GYiTotnNwvhrXNh51URfvLVRg
youtu.be/pQS5iQ-XXjI?list=PL0l2ls91GYiTotnNwvhrXNh51URfvLVRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Evo all day m8

Why?

Evo has an easier platform to work on if you want to add mods. Subarus can't make much more power than stock without becoming a time bomb.

EVO
better engine
better handling
doesnt sound like complete shit
less abused (not that its saying much)

Which gen evo would you recommend?

this.
Evo's make it possible to get high HP out of their small engine, plus the electronic system is top notch (although the older it is the slower it becomes), also not too many out on the road so you can be a snowflake, can handle itself around a track better than STI

Subaru all day mate, don't listen to these people who say if you make more power there a time bomb, there not, good maintenance and changing things as required and they last for a long time, t owner of a version 5, have put 80k Kms on it in the last 3 years fully factory bar an sti intercooler 2.5inch exhaust and 20psi

Had both, I miss my subaru most, had an my05 STi, you can mod them just fine. Just know what your'e doing. Mine went as a dailydriver with 380whp for almost 4 years before I sold it.

STI because toptier tranny

to keep stock-ish
IX
to mod up
VIII

I heard the sti is a better dd because of the gear ratio and have more time between each shift, is this true?

Evo's are 5-spd, so yes

Evo beats Subie every time.

WRX will always have a leg up on evos because they still exist, but the evo 7-9 are just too good.

Its unfortunate to, because without a major competitor subaru is becoming a cuck brand

youtu.be/TBNx6UkuMvY?list=PL0l2ls91GYiTotnNwvhrXNh51URfvLVRg

Evo 6-9 are tippity top tier
WRX is a lolcantturn stoplight racer for kids too scared to ride a bike.

What about the ford focus rs

>Evo beats Subie every time.
this is wrong, both are great cars they match evenly and have their own advantages

youtu.be/pQS5iQ-XXjI?list=PL0l2ls91GYiTotnNwvhrXNh51URfvLVRg

Everybody giving good points it's hard to decide.

They've got unbelievably well-built engines. I've seen them get over 800HP, over 1000 is possible.
(You can also do this with an Evo X but nobody will admit it)

Does the subie come with a free vape?

I am not gay

>less abused

On what planet?

You ever want to see the biggest clusterfuck of abused and fucked up modded cars. Try to find a used Evo.

Serious. I like them but the used market is bloated with trashed Evos

Number of gears do not indicate gear spacing.

And even if it did, if a 5 speed and a 6 speed has similar top speeds and similar first gears, the 5 speed will have wider gear spacing and will be easier to live with in daily driving if less shifting is what you are after.

top tier b8 m8

This.

For a track car an Evo is the clear choice.
For a street car the build quality and much nicer interior of the STI makes for a better DD.

Then why do you consider a subie?

lol thanks

Coming from a WRX owner, subarus are hard af to work on but sound really nice and end up being pretty ok once modded. Mitsubishis can go crazy with high hp mods and aren't as sensitive to mods as subarus, but are rice taxed to no end. Cant even find an older evo in my area under 20k

Evo, if you want more horsepower per dollar you spend on mods and arguably better handling. This comes at the cost of relying on sophisticated electronics for the AWD system and having to replace your AYC fluid regularly. If you live in an area where roads are salted, be wary, because your AYC pump WILL get fucked at some point and that's going to cost a pretty penny.

Subaru has stuck to a predominantly mechanical AWD system, which should in theory be more reliable.

Subaru is the better option if you want something comfortable to daily while still having some fun. They also have a turn radius that doesn't match a school bus and greater parts availability.

If you're getting an Evo, the general recommendation is to get VIII or VI, as the AWC system started with the VIII

>as the AWC system started with the VIII
Started with the 4 everywhere that isn't America.

Why VIII and not IX?

AWC actually started with the 7, my mistake.
And no, AWC is Mitsubishi's take on a drive controlled centre differential. Evo IV's have an open centre diff controlled by a viscous coupling unit.

Meant to say VIII or IX. Both are fine - I would just get the one that is in better condition.

>nice b8
Get that trash outta my sight.

>Shopping for 10 year old Evos/STis

at this point?

Find the nicest one in the best shape for the price you want to pay. They're modern classics (04-07 STi/03-06 Evo) as much as some people hate that term. Their numbers are only going to go down as they get stolen, wrapped around trees, and turned into drag cars (or failed ricer dreams of a race car). If you were in Europe/Japan I'd go for the STi Spec C for that awesome EJ207, but if you're American the Evos are better. Either has their charm and will be enjoyable to drive.

Yeah, can confirm. If you did the same thing on a Evo you'd get another 50whp, but you'd likely puke a transfercase/gearbox at some point. Honestly just do "Stage 2" (full exhaust/downpipe, retune for a solid 300-320~whp, maybe a slightly bigger factory turbo) on either car and enjoy it instead of sperging out about trying to beat new GTRs and Porsches on the highway. They're not meant for that.

Spec C's are overrated in my opinion. They're heavier than GC8's and the understeer is even worse. Type RAs and Type R's will blow any Spec C or Evo out of the water on the track stock on account of their close gear ratio and superior power-to-weight ratio. A V7 Type RA or Type R is basically the holy grail of STIs.

My bad, I misread that as AYC.

EVO = Crankwalk
STI = Ringland Failure

STI if you want a nice car.
EVO if you want a nice engine.

Way to ruin that poor car with a sticker

Good thing you haven't seen the rest of it lol

Rad

Why all the hate for the rs? Genuinely curious