Mazda says "no" to EV

electrek.co/2017/03/07/mazda-no-pressure-from-customers-to-make-electric-vehicles/

>Mazda says it feels ‘no pressure’ from customers to make electric vehicles, burying its head back in the sand

Really, NOT going towards electric wholesale? How transmysoginistic of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.caranddriver.com/files/2015-porsche-918-spyder-feature-car-and-driver2015-porsche-918-spyder.pdf
aol.com/article/2013/06/24/gas-vs-electric-cars-cost-comparison/20633103/
fleetcarma.com/electric-vehicle-heating-chevrolet-volt-nissan-leaf/
pluginamerica.org/how-far-can-you-really-go-electric-vehicle/
greencarreports.com/news/1084635_the-gas-mileage-parasite-you-cant-live-without-air-conditioning
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So much asshurt in that article
>b-but muh tesla demand!
Yet Mazda continues to popularize with consumers

The comments are all passive aggressive WELL, THEN THEY CAN KISS MY BUSINESS GOODBYE
WHY DON'T YOU LIKE PROGRESS, JAPAN? IT'S 2017!

I'm buying a Mazda for my next car.

I drive a mazda and I like it. I like them now even more and I hope they release a new RWD car besides the miata.

business-wise though I hope they don't end up like Kodak and digital photography.

Funny thing
Mazda built a 3 with a skyactiv engine and a prius hybrid setup.
Gets 80mpg
>only sold in japan
People have no fucking clue.

electric cars are superior to gas though, lol. sperg harder, autist

they will be when battery tech actually evolves

you dont see electric vehicles where i live because there is around 100 miles between the citys here and it turns out electric has shite range m8y

until then ill drive muh ice

most people don't drive more than 200 miles a day.

>electric cars are superior to gas
>superior to gas
>superior
and that's wrong get out

>u-ur wrong
not an argument

It's a risky strategy but one that could work nonetheless. Not spending R&D capacities on EVs leaves more room for further developement of more efficient ICEs and hybrids.

The future won't be purely electric anyway. So I appreciate Mazda's decision to not jump the gun on that issue.

neither was your post

you're right, it wasn't an argument. it was a fact.

>made the only good, cheap dedicated roadster for years
>one of the only companies still making rotary streetcars
>working with Ford to get that sweet, sweet Ballard Fuel Cell tech
>all of their advertising is based around improving shit for the driver, and not much else

Why are they so based?

BTFO

any evidence to back up your claim?

>inb4 muh Tesla

>spoon feed me!!

stops making mazdaspeed cars cause "they don't feel like it" not so based in my eyes

Please don't engage him, he'll be bringing out fastestlaps shit in a second, get all excited and make several shit "ICE KEKS BTFO" threads.

so you don't have any proof is what you're saying?

>the fastest car in the world is electric
lol. there's no way to defend this

The p100d is my proof. Fastest production car in the world

/thread

electric>gas

Oh really?
Last time I checked the fastest production vehicle was the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport with a top speed of 258 mph.

well looks like you were right
>it's so fast, therefore making electric cars superior
>neglects how unreliable electric car batteries are and how expensive they are
>the cost is much higher for an electric car
>their distance isn't very good yet
>if no charging station, you're fucked
>runs up your electric bill
but hey at least you can drive in a straight line faster than other cars. Enjoy your bus ride champ

You mean quickest, as its top speed doesn't come close to that of the current holders.

lol, pic related.
Electric car batteries aren't unreliable.
>their distance isn't very good
most people don't travel 300 miles in one day.
>runs up your electric bill
Riiiiiight. Because you don't ever have to pay for gas. Holy shit you are retarded. kys.
top speed is irrelevant

You're so predictable...

>no video of claimed time
lol, the model s is the fastest car on the planet. sperg harder.

>doesn't disprove all my points only 2 of them
>proceeds to call me a retard and to kms
boy son that autism is really ramped up huh? The bus comment strike a chord deep down?

>gets btfo
>y-your autistic!!! ;__;
literally everything else you said is irrelevant. especially since it only costs 99k dollars.

>gets BTFO
>Uh Uh it's irrelevant!!
do you drive one since it's ONLY 99k?

>still can't defend the fact that electric cars are superior
cry more

>most people don't travel 300 miles in one day.
Most people however would not like to drive in eco mode only.
Most people would also not like their effective range cut in half after the car stood outside at night during winter.
Most people would also not like to plan their daily trips according to their indicated range (which differs from the actual range)
Most people would like to heat the cabin or use the A/C or listen to the radio without second thoughts.
Most people would like to have an emergency reserve for unforeseen trips.

Most people live in the real world where a city center commuter car just does not cut it.

im not defending it, electric cars are not superior. Maybe in the future but right now no.

>journalists lie

Opinion discarded

none of those things apply to model s. it can go 335 miles. sperg harder.
Is that why the fastest car on the planet is electric? lol.

They're kind of not wrong about how much energy per gram gasoline has. If we could extract 100% of the energy from combustion we would be at least a generation away from competitive electric cars.

Free valve technology alone would be a huge benefit.

Motortrend got 2.4 seconds out of the 918 with a video. Nobody managed to get a 2.2 seconds out of the 918 with a video.

2.2>2.4
tesla>porsche

media.caranddriver.com/files/2015-porsche-918-spyder-feature-car-and-driver2015-porsche-918-spyder.pdf

Keep pretending it is that way.
I'm done with you.

>no video
desperate ice cuck is desperate.

>p-please believe us! ;___;
nope sperg harder.

>literally ragequits
as expected

see you keep harping on that one point. Your argument has no substance, especially because this thread is about Mazda and they wouldn't be making an electric car to go fast, they would build it economically, so sure they can be fast but for the daily driver electric is a bad choice. Because electric cars are
>expensive to buy or finance
>expensive to maintain
>hindering if all the right conditions aren't met i.e weather, number of charging locations
>a burden if you want to road trip anywhere farther than your range
>a pain if you forget to plug it in the night before and suddenly have no way to work because your car is dead
If you can discredit all my points then you win but im pretty sure you'll just say
>hurr what's the fastest tho
or
>lol cry more

only the 100D and P100D can go over 300 miles, and that's EPA range.

>Is that why the fastest car on the planet is electric? lol.

are you sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure THIS is the fastest car on the planet.

>makes up things about electric cars without evidence
>if you discredit my points
lol, you can't make up this desperation
electric cars do far better than ice in epa testing. the mileage is incredibly realistic.
not street legal

the NIO EP9 is vaporware, so it isn't street legal either

but the model s is.

ice loses again

Model S is a boat that cant move after 60mph

try again

>proceeds to just call me desperate instead of providing valid argument
well it was fun but I think I fed the troll long enough good night, oh and don't forget to wake up early so you can make it to the bus

t. exxon mobile shill

try to make it less obvious next time
>makes claims without evidence
>why won't you disprove my claims!!!
stay btfo. nice projection btw, lel.

assuming you don't run the A/C, heat, or power too much stuff during your drive? yes they do better. ICE performs better with climate control as it's not impacted as much.
but that's besides the point. I'm saying that most Teslas on the road have under 300 mile range in best conditions, as the Base 100D is 86k USD after tax breaks.

>downward torque curve
>negative hp coefficient

EVs really are "innovative"

my $50 electric impact wrench is more capable than a model S

>assuming you don't run the A/C, heat, or power too much stuff during your drive? yes they do better. ICE performs better
[citation needed]
not an argument

neither is ad hominum

aol.com/article/2013/06/24/gas-vs-electric-cars-cost-comparison/20633103/

unless you're not a poor fag then electric put you in a deficit. If you are rich than electric is the way to go

>AOL
holy shit my sides.
do me a favor and join in being BTFO

Okay buddy, you tell me how much torque an electric rotor can generate and how long it takes to get to an RPM with torque comparable to the otto cycle.

fleetcarma.com/electric-vehicle-heating-chevrolet-volt-nissan-leaf/
pluginamerica.org/how-far-can-you-really-go-electric-vehicle/
ICE testing
greencarreports.com/news/1084635_the-gas-mileage-parasite-you-cant-live-without-air-conditioning

>spoon feed me!!!!!!

I was being facetious

Based Mazda
They are even going to use HCCI with petrol for their new engines

>as he says providing absolutely no data to back up any of his claims but consistently tells people to put citations.

still doesn't disprove my point. Electric still does better in epa testing because it's far more efficient.
>literally begging to be spoon fed
can't make this shit up

>electric still does better in epaulets testing because it's far more efficient
citation needed
>literally begging to be spoon fed
citation needed

>spoon feed me
the post. stay btfo

I wasn't talking about EPA testing itself, but the difference between EPA and reality. Electric cars are usually better at getting the promised range without effort, but ONLY if you use accessories as little as possible. Electric heaters are very inefficient.

Youre replying to a troll that specifically came into this thread to derail it because he hates mazda.
Just stop replying.

most people don't travel 300 fucking miles in one day anyway. who cares.

You're right, so what do you think of this whole thing? I think people are over reacting, mazda makes excellent cars and they shouldn't have to conform

I agree. Also see my previously ignored post

>80 mpg is impressive
the model s gets like 110 mpg in California. ice cucks

yea I saw, so what's the difference between that skyactiv and the one in America or europe? Also of course they won't talk about it then what would they write a story about?

>no video of claimed time
sorry, what was that? you want to be spoonfed?
lmao stay btfo slowfag

daily reminder motorcycles are better for the environment and faster than teslashit in every metric :^)

as someone who lives in an area where superchargers are farther apart than the range of a 100D, I care.
I don't dislike Tesla, I think they make decent cars (interiors need work though, fuck those touch screens). but when I get more than 400 miles of range with a roadster on the highway, and travel about 100+ miles round trip each day, I prefer the car that can be "recharged" in minutes.

>an electric vehicle uses gallons of fuel
???

>can't prove anything
lel, ice cuck fully triggered now.

>b-but muh cuckcycle
BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA
>i'm retarded
the post

MPGe, though the calculation of "e" is a bit of a skewed since it assumes 100% efficiency from power production.

bump for trigger

>can't prove anything
ikr, he keeps claiming ev arent complete shit tho lmao

>i'm retarded
projecting the post

>MPGe
so some entirely useless comparison made up by the people trying to sell the car? LMAO

>ev's are shit
model s is the fastest car on the planet tho

>model s is the fastest car on the planet tho
nope. a modified eg hatch is

>inb4 move goalposts

not production lol. sperg more

>inb4 move goalposts
lmao i called it

but really, a teslafag in a mazda thread trying to talk shit
tesla has never ever won le mans, just donteven bother lmao

>still slower to 60
ice fags can't defend this one.

>ice fags can't defend this one
lmao

>inb4 more damage control and goal post moving
dont know why im even arguing, drag racing belongs on

Not just Tesla, America has never win LeMans. Ford GT40 was engineered and constructed by Ford UK.

And then the Americans had to fix it after the slimey limeys delivered a fantastically shitty car.

>b-but muh cuckcycle
>even your cuck cycle is slower
2.28 in a 8 seater>2.28 on a bike
lmao, so desperate.

sperg harder

bump for more ice cuck tears

>more damage control

tesla has like 600hp and 4 driven wheels still cant beat a little kia rio tier engine bike
btw, look at the 1/4 mile times

try keep up kid, ive already given you a headstart for all the recharge stations youll need to visit

>still slower to 60
>p-please stop mentioning 0-60 ;___;!
>look at the 1/4 mile!!
lel, stay btfo

>still slower to 60
2.28=2.28 :^)

>needs 700hp to compete with a 140hp kids toy
L
M
A
O

>and its worse for the environment than the kids toy
L
M
A
O

2.28 in a 8 seater sedan>2.28 in a cuckcycle
sperg more

LMAO

2.28 in 700hp

“There is no real pressure coming from our customers for alternative fuel vehicles. Both in the US and Europe a minority of either wealthy customers, or companies willing to play the ecological image are buying EV,”

Mazda is based boys, dare i say, /ourguys/ ?

see

dude who do you think i am, bloody see link shitposting tssk