/ORG/ - Off Road General

>Ranger a shit Edition

zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

ITT:
The map
Not the discord server
Trying to use a 2WD Tacoma as a reaction picture instead of building a prerunner
Maybe yellow YJ guy, but probably not
Suburban general

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/SenfAyU
watracing.com/?product=off-road-general
services2.sos.state.mi.us/plates/
mohave.craigslist.org/
mohave.craigslist.org/cto/6036830661.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>Ranger a shit Edition

you rang?

Are you yellow YJ guy, or yellow TJ guy?

What non-offroad car should I slap a lift kit on and take offroad?

Miata or Mustang?

Real question. I only have 1k to spend and can't afford anything else that isn't rusted to shit.

>tfw "mechanic special" ads on craigslist

You can afford a Suburban.

Can't block the discord
discord.gg/SenfAyU

Can't stop the discord
discord.gg/SenfAyU

Cant hide the discord
discord.gg/SenfAyU

Join the discord
discord.gg/SenfAyU
Also, we keep forgetting about STICKERS!!!!!

Would there be any reason a pickup version of a vehicle was better than the SUV? Like the trailblazer vs the colorado or the Tacoma vs the 4runner?

That's a YJ. Look at the tailgate hinges and hood latches.

Post your craigslist.

>trying to use a 2WD tacoma as a reaction picture
>trying
M8, I'm succeeding

Also, why build a Prerunner when I can just convert it to 4x4 for the same price :^)

yj, fammm

>brake lines

Pfft, not even dude. Haven't put them on yet. I can't even take off the old ones.

>why build a Prerunner
Because this way you won't need bed full of dildos

Suburbans seem kind of fucking huge. How are blazers?

just cut them with scissors m8

About the size of a S-10, depending which gen you get.

soon.... without my brake lines and parking brake cables holding me back, with some boomerang shackles I could get quite a bit more down travel, but yeah yotas always have good flex.

>yotas always have good flex
Kind of bold statement.
It all comes to the maaneeey in the end. Yota is far from stock.

>Ranger a shit Edition
Fuck you I will hunt you down and fucking murder you OP

this will trigger the tay

Huge compared to a 2 door Wrangler.
If you're even considering any sort of pickup, then a Suburban really isn't much bigger. They're not nearly as big as some people think they are.

Offroad: FWD>RWD
fight me

sas, on a 3 inch lift? That's pretty average for most yotas I see around where I live. That is every 80-90's yota you see on the trail you could claim haha. But yeah I feel, it is a bit bold but those swap kits are cheap, lift kits are cheap and my jeep aint that tall, nor am I claiming it's a good one.

The SUV version generally has a multilink coil rear where as the pickup has load Bearing leaves. I'd personally prefer the pickup with aftermarket springs to suit, as I find crew cabs a lot more accommodating than SUVs.

I am just fucking with you, you have nice jeep.

Have you ever had a use for that beak for a bumper?

i want Bronco

no

You mean you want to ride the stallion, eh? *wink* *wink*

"nice", yeah I don't know about that.

If offroad vehicle is not rusty and overall looks taken care of i consider it being nice. It.s 4.0 AT?

nope........

Hey /org/.
I'm going to be living in my 1985 SUV.
It hasn't been repainted ever.
I want to redo it, but I don't want to make it look too nice and get broken into with all my shit.
What are some things I can do to my car that won't make it look ugly, but will definitely lower its value to OTHER people.
I was thinking decals and stickers on the window.
On my computer right now without, Don't have pics on me.

anybody know if it's possible to add a traction control button to an 07' FJC
i know they come standard on later model years

>tfw
at least its an excuse to regear for my 35s now...

the missing chunks

dood

You know, I would be angry. But good for the normie for trying to meme.

I can't be mad anymore.

/org/ plz help

I just went outside to take a picture and damn does it look much better now that I did some aesthetic changes to it instead of purely utilitarian.

Speaking of Ranger a shite, the front torsion bars are annoying to lift and I had to bring it to the fab to swap the keys out (then wheel allign them). But it was worth the $450 to increase the ride quality. Everyone who's ever owned a Ranger or on forums always recommend just jacking up muh bars but I'm very happy with this swap and worth the money

Nigga I already told you how to solve the issue last /ORG/

You didn't though. All you did was tell me to clean the inside, but didn't tell me shit about the outside.
My question is about the paint of the car, not the interior.

Damn dude, with the new wheels and a topper that actually fits, that's a good looking trug

Also: no more wheel rub!
Almost rammed the rock sliders into the front fender, though.

How do you people bend them back or do you just leave them twisted?

Dude just leave the exterior the way it is then what are you worried about?

I just bought a 1999 Ranger
Any mod recommendations?
Does anyone make a lift kit
Do Rangers lead the way?

I have seen your truck in at least a dozen threads over the past 2 months or so and this is the first time i realized that those are good damn hubcaps.

Ah ah, not hub caps.

Wheel covers

Well don't feel bad. I literally switched them out like 2 weks ago because I used to have these monstrosities on them:

'99 has which front suspension? Kits are annoying to place in yourself for the torsion bars. Otherwise, the wishbone / A IFS are pretty e z.
I'd recommend getting a front bumpie first as lift kits are more or less useles without the appropriate tyres which are going to run you the price of the vehicle.

It all depends on what you want to do, desu.

S N O W R O L L I N G

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The car looking like shit.
I want my car repainted, but I'm afraid if I make it look too nice people will want to break in.
I was thinking about getting stickers to make it less valuable.

I also have a 99 ranger. Superlift is the only suspension lift manufacturer as far as I know and it's pricey. 1500 bucks pricey, and the rear lift is just blocks.You can crank the front torsion bars to get 2 inches of lift in the front, and longer spring shackles in the rear to lift the rear end 2 inches. The ranger has a shit aftermarket support desu.

What.

Oh yeah. If they're torsions, I know at least 2 people who have swapped them out for a d44 or different coil IFS for e z lifting.
Torsion bar crank up costs you only the price of wheel alignment and the 1 hr of jacking up the torsions. But I do so much highway driving that I justified a key swap for $450 giving me 2.5 inches of lift and somehow a smoother ride.

Again, it's all based on what you want to do with the Ranger. Maybe get a shell accessory first?

Whats going on here?

What size tires do you run?

See the OP.

32 tall. They fit in the stock wells bery well. A lot of wheel rub but they gace me the stock height that I needed for the trails

I upped from 28s which meant gearing went from 4.10 to like 4.8 something and knocked down two MPGs I chose Wrangler Duratracs for muh comfiness - plus they match my Duratek engine (;

absolute carnage
>mfw i just dropped it off at le super cool land cruiser man to set up 4.88 ring and pinion

>wheels dont look like total shit
>topper fits and is color matched
>the front end isnt a hanging sack of shit
look how far youve come

were getting closer

I don't think you know how gearing is effected when you go to a bigger tire. When you run a taller than stock tire it is like you geared the truck higher, lower numerically, which means you're effective gearing is like 3.55 to 1 with the 4" taller tire (after quick maths). It makes the truck have to work harder to accelerate from a stop hence the decrease in fuel mileage.

The more you know...

what's the best truck for off-roading? I wanted to save up for a sports car but my parents offered to buy me a truck on the condition I continued to help out around the farm. I guess what I'm trying to say is what truck can I have the most fun with?

thats an impossible question you are going to need to be more specific.
what exactly do you mean when you say off roading, where will you be taking this truck?
are you doing extended overlanding trips? are you rock crawling? are you doing some high speed desert shit?
how many people would you like to bring with you?
do you care about gas mileage?
whats your budget?
are you planning on upgrading it?
why are you such a faggot?
i could keep going but give us some more info

I was gonna do it before summer but you assholes made me expedite the process.
Shell was $500. Keys $550 after allignment, whel covers $80. Door mating surface (lessens wind noise) cost like $120. Spent $1250 in the past 2 weeks on this thing

Wow. I've literally been telling this to people for the past 2 weeks of those numbers.
The important part is that I mentioned the engine works harder and muh em pee gees suffer a bit (when you upsize tyres)- so the numbers aren't that big of a Fucc up, j'suppose.

Thanks for no bully, user. I'm going to look at regearing when I actually look into lockers in the near future. I'll look this shite up in my spare time tho.

>what exactly do you mean when you say off roading, where will you be taking this truck?
mostly just mudding and fucking around in the woods and shit I guess. I live in the more mountainous part of Virginia if that gives you a better idea.
>are you doing extended overlanding trips? are you rock crawling? are you doing some high speed desert shit?
no, maybe, no
>do you care about gas mileage?
no
>whats your budget?
$10k
>are you planning on upgrading it?
yes

>getting bullied into upgrading by /org/
at least it was friendly bullying :-)

but iktf. i am about to blow $2k on a regear fug

>I live in the more mountainous part of Virginia if that gives you a better idea
me too friendo

with that budget and basically just wanting to mud and fuck around and not really overland you should probably just by a heep tbf

4.56s or 4.88s if you regear for the 32" tires will get you close to the same gearing as you had with the 4.10s and 28" tires. The 4.56s will be a hair higher gearing then stock, and the 4.88s would be a hair lower. Me personally would error on the low side, numerically higher gear, because it takes stress off the transmission and engine to turn the tires.

>Wow. I've literally been telling this to people for the past 2 weeks of those numbers.
I told you the same thing in each of the last two threads.

its also better /off road/ as well

>mfw everyone talking about regearing when im regearing

4.88 regear on 33"

Good to know. I wouldn't be doing a regear on my tyres in my Taynger Ranger since its more or less useless but once I get a dedicated offroader instead of offroading for work, I'll look into it for the lockers

Hey. Post the bae editted picture.

Lmao. Sorry senpai. At least I caught it the 3rd time around.

Hey everyone! I have to renew Murphy's license plate this month. I was thinking of going the custom plate route, but the best I could come up with is pic related. Anyone have any better ideas?

services2.sos.state.mi.us/plates/

finally got non ancient, dryrot cracking bald tires. now ill actually try taking it somewhere with rocks

>First time offroading last week
>Holy shit need offroad car now
>Dirt poor
>Live in Arizona so its not a prob finding a cheap one.

Need help finding something.
Craigslist: mohave.craigslist.org/

what county? I'm in Rockbridge.

Ooh, are they 235/85R16?

mohave.craigslist.org/cto/6036830661.html

285/75r16
steering is vague as fuck now though

Jeeps are kinda gay though... all the basic bitch normies have one in my area. Also I need a truck bed for work.

Heh, the Ram makes them look smaller.
I myself am tossing up between 235/85R16 or 255/85R16 for my Montero.

>Montero.
not gonna lie, kinda jelly.
my dad had 2 of them one 2 door one 4 and theyre awesome little mountain rigs. like a goddamn caddy after coming from the sami he had for the hills before that

keep in mind 235 85 is what jimny's are rolling

albemarle
looks like were fairly close
did you put yourself on the map

Why are you regearing a land cruiser?

So? Get one to overpower them. Sides, most of the basic biatches are the hottest ones.

Why do you need a bed for work?

Neat, mine's a turbo diesel NL, although it's a GLX so it isn't the "gen 2.5" Blista guard NL.
>16804239
That's cool, it's also the standard tire size for the commercial split rim J70 Landcruisers, and equates to about 32" in diameter. Should work good with my factory gearing.

Also Land Rovers

The "I hate Daylight Savings" pre-Death Valley trip is on.
Heading to Mojave tomorrow. Pics upon return.

Step 1: Consider why you're living in an SUV. If this is because you want to save money by not paying rent, you really should consider a windowless van. Seriously. It's very hard to have any sort of privacy in a windowed vehicle, and there are tons of examples on how to makes vans into basically mini-RVs.
Just for reference, what make/model?

Step 2a: Sand your future home with high-grit sandpaper, and then mask off all the edges of stuff you don't want over-sprayed.

Take it to Maaco and pay $300 for them to apply a single-stage enamel that will look OK. Definitely won't look "too good" if that's what you're worried about.

OR

Step 2b: Get an electric sprayer, and the appropriate amount of black plasti-dip. It won't look great, but better than shit faded paint. Definitely won't give the impression that it has

Yeah, it's just a common split rim size. I like the way the skinnier tires work in the bush compared to the wider 10.5-12.5" tires all the cool kids seem to run these days. I'd love to get a set of 255/85R16 muddies for play, but realistically I'd end up with what ever was around second hand, and that'd probably be 285/75.