/mcg/ Minecraft General

Comfycraft edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

niceme.me/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What modpack? Is it grindy?

Playing Regrowth. It's a bit grindy to get the seeds but I keep myself comfy and busy.

>Botania
this is the exact opposite of comfy

Looks comfy indeed, might try it as weell as I got burned from my pack.
>John smith
>Sloped roof
Are you the same user with the base on the taint land? And the same with the snowy village?

Yup. Those both are me. I still go back to them from time to time, changing pace and such.

I suppose my building style with JS is fairly distinctive.

>none of the new/active servers are vanilla
How is this comfy?

>vanilla
How is this comfy?

I havent tried it before so I figured out I wanted to try the overused mods like AE2, EnderIO and such. Which are the good overused ones unlike TE, Botania, MFR or Pams that in my opinion are plain thrash.

Because I don't want to bother with extra setup to build a goddamn potato knish factory, I just want to explore and build a cute castle in some Extreme Hills.

>botania in the op
this general is lost

>Mojang grey (tm) castle
>When you could be doing it with Chisel, Better Building Wand or many of the enhancing mods out there.
You dont even need a server for that, just play ssp.

When Mojang releases the last version I'm deleting everything.

Which map mod should I use?

There is nothing wrong with Botania.

Obviously the point would be to play with other anons, single vs. multiplayer has nothing to do with mods and you're being obtuse on purpose REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But don't you want to make centipedes, user? Don't you want to turn little black worms into centipedes?

I just want to play Minecraft with other angry spergs. Why is that so hard? Where has my country gone?

But you are a dumb frog poster, its obvious you dont enjoy social interaction but if you really want so other boards like pol, int and mlp have vanilla serbs as well, or try on reddit ;;;;;;;;)))))))

in the time it took you to post everything you have in this thread, you could be playing on a modded server right now. it is extremely easy to do.

rei

I heard something about a star gazing magic mod for 1.10 in the previous thread. What was that about and what mod is it?

if you use any GUI size except large or auto, neck yourself

If your startup time isn't at least five minutes, neck yourself.

mine is about an hour

Seriously, what was it that started the 'REEEEEEEE BOTANIA IS SHIT' thing? I remember something about he removed a config option one time and that made people made but he went back on it last I remember, but that was before I quit minecraft for over a year.

Are people this autistic about the glazed terracotta?

Good riddance I guess.

Does anyone know ANY recently updated balanced modpack that has ChromatiCrap in it?

One that doesn't have ways to melt the Notch Apples or something?

My FPS is shit, which mods can I lose that'll help make the game run smoother?

inching along backwards, building a bridge across the ocean, worrying about running out of stone

then turn around and see this

hooray for mid-ocean stop

I want to build a castle through that floating thing

lex is autistic in general

Someone should do run another hard as balls modpack serb, like they did with Infinity Evolved expert mode modpack.

you could just not melt the apples or check the config and see if they can be stopped from dropping

I would unironically play this.

revolution 3

is trainserb dead forever?

Yes. People found a way around the 8k limit and killed TPS with a mob spawner maker that grows exponentially

>Avaritia was created as a way to make fun of microcrafting and ridiculous recipes
>people took it seriously and started using it for "end-game" items in their packs
I'm not sure if this is the funniest or the saddest thing to happen to Minecraft.

Alright, which of these optional mods I should install?

Galacticraft or Advanced Rocketry

I want to build something different than wood related factories but all around me is forest, any clue what I could build as a factory other than wood or paper in a place full of wood?

i just installed journeymap

charcoal?

Oh fuck I just remembered bdew's advanced generators mod, time to give it a try.

>Start vanilla world
>60 FPS
>Start world with mods
>22 FPS

help

don't run in windowed mode

Optifine, betterfps, fastcraft, foamfix

What texture pack should I use?

Isn't Optifine incompatible with Forge?

I got a quiet little brewing room set up in my house. Starting some more focus on some darker magics.

where did you find it user? I can't find it on curse

niceme.me/

completely compatible

you just drop the downloaded optifine .jar into your mods folder

Careful, user!

It's on the ATLauncher.

Also what is with packs that have songs by Aviators?

I really need to get started with Witchery. I'd like to have neat little places set up for every major themed mods, but I don't know how to build good houses or how to expand them.

What pack are you currently playing /mcg/, or is it a custom one?

You know how old games like Doom had a resurgence of modding decades after their release?

I can't wait until that happens with Minecraft, long after Forge is dead and gone.

Yay game crash, we're off to a fantastic start.

user... That's not going to happen...

Unlike Minecraft, Doom had an imaginative large community of autists. Minecraft is just a 1 to 100 ratio of autists to kids.

It's ATLauncher, what do you expect. It's almost as bad as FTB, and run by massive jews.

Is there a way to keep Thaumcraft progress between worlds?

Managed to get it to load.

What's the comfiest Texture pack, lads?

I've always been comfy with painterly, myself

But windowed always gives me better FPS

Isabella II, it's like it was made with comfiness in mind
My favorite is Unity though

Wow, found this thing already.

what the hecc is that?

Oh I though this was a ChromatiCrap thing.

I WANT SUCY TO BITE ME

Is she venomous?

I'm not playing any Modpack right now. Mostly because I have no idea where to start. I just want some comfy tech-based modpack where I just sit down after building a factory and see it just go on... And some sort of objective to aim for I guess?

Ooh, lovely treasure room.

>Botania Portuguese pavement or something
>some kind of shit bricks
>Extra Utils gravel roads
>IE steel fences
>Decocraft barrels
What in the everloving fuck

Unfortunately most of the chests were empty.

Also I noticed that your health does not regenerate naturally, that's gonna make things really tricky.

Not to my knowledge, I just like pointy teeth. And droopy eyes. Long hair. Chemistry.

Me too! But not too hard...

>punch a pig
>a bunch of pigs kick my ass

Lovely.

i had to change change B:"Generate Gases" to false in enviromine global settings to speed up chunk generation. apparently they were set to generate and then be deleted after that, leaving tons of little tiny pockets that would then cave in

>environmine

Why the hell does this have Environmine?

>Like Biomes O' Plenty's nether biomes but want to use ExtrabiomesXL for overworld

Is there a way to do it?

cute anime grills with sharp teeth are the best kind of anime

building physics and food rotting

Because muh realism
Also realism involves dying from overheating if you stand close to a torch or going insane if you have a skull in your inventory

nah those parts are disabled

Should I get Big Reactors? Is there another way to generate lots of power?

BR is fun for a little bit when you're experimenting with it by yourself, but then you notice the ridiculous amount of power it generates even with a tiny reactor or find out about the cookie cutter builds or the simulator, and all the fun is gone. By then you'll also have much more power than you'll ever need.

the old serber list doc is ded wat happen

all serbers die eventually comrade ; ;

I still can't believe I watched that show all the way through. Jesus that thing was abysmal.

Third attempt at this, and it looks like I found the ChromatiCrap desert structure.

>ChromatiCraft
>Matter Overdrive

Why do I have this feeling of Deja Vu?

Me and a friend have a pretty chill one running, I got you laddie 98.168.28.81:6112

>try to open another loot chest
>game crashes

welp

But is there a way to get enough power through other mods? Also, how is Minefactory Reloaded? I'm starting a new world so I'm trying to decide what worldgen stuff I should have.

And it crashed again, fuck this modpack. This is by far the worst one I've played.

the theme and mechanics are fucking GAY is why we hate botania

not to mention vakzii is a faggot

>magic serb was kinda cool

>literally always dead and got to endgame in under 1 week

>no one to showoff to

But it feels good, user. Being close to nature feels good.