/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Still No Regia Marina Edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc

>0.6.1 Patch notes
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-061/

>0.6.1 LIVE
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-061/

>0.6.1 PT + Ranked Soon, Tier 7 and Epicenter ONLY
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt061/

>February Event Calendar + Ship Class specific boosts
NA worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/forever-alone/
EU forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/73122-event-calendar-february/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Captain Skill caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Leaked info from Russian Server
thedailybounce.net/2016/12/20/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-7/

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Precisionista FULL
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benlisquare
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121 FULL

Reminder: your waifu is shit

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1sJXv-NNo74
youtube.com/watch?v=C7HL5wYqAbU
my.mixtape.moe/bdgfie.zip
shipcomrade.com/leaderboard.asp?Name=&A=1&B=5&G=0&S=5&R=118&C=0
youtu.be/_JoMsY-dE0I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

YOURE THREAD A SHIT

>keep topping losing teams when I don't have any stars to lose anyway
I don't know why I'm even bothering.
This shit isn't remotely enjoyable, even when I'm winning.

@167982826
you're post.

a shit.

@No.167983104
bitch i will end you.

1v1 me kid ill rek u

kello i have made a funpost and it is still somewhat fresh

please enjoy it

you can do it user

just keep on it

youtube.com/watch?v=1sJXv-NNo74

youtube.com/watch?v=C7HL5wYqAbU

go fuck yourself

Anyone pass the link of smug flag, please.

my.mixtape.moe/bdgfie.zip

>tfw forcing myself to play

2nd ever match in this big girl lmao

thanks to the Benson who smoked me off right at the end, would have died without you, man

>0.6.1 PT + Ranked Soon, Tier 7 and Epicenter ONLY
KILL ALL SHITPOSTERS NOW

>BOTES
>KNTAI
>APOC
>HOPPO
>ZEON
>BUOY
>TOUCH
7 (seven) different clans browsing Veeky Forums

if you see these tags, they are anons, they fight for your right to shitpost

KNTAI and APOC are decidedly non-Veeky Forums clans. They just happen to have one or two members that browse here.

>"destroyer's role is to cap"
>go in cap
>get RADARed in cap and have to leave the cap
why even go in the cap?

To cap the cap when there's no radar.

>playing t4 DD with no AA
>two t5 carriers on enemy team
>planes constantly randomly spotting me until they finally decide to bomb me to death

???

>HOTEL

How many games on average does it take to rank out, assuming you are decent blue?

Subhumans don't count

shipcomrade.com/leaderboard.asp?Name=&A=1&B=5&G=0&S=5&R=118&C=0

It took me 180 games last time. I think I started at Rank 15 or something.

touch?

>grind 1-300 games 5 times to get the most broken ship in the game
>3 ranked seasons a year, at best

Jesus Christ, this sounds horrible.

Has WG ever made ranked ships/tanks available through other means?

>10 rank 1s
>kitakami with good guns

>not watching OUR LITERAL GUYS shit on some Australians

What are the main differences between Ranked and Random battles? Do you need a specific type of ship to play with?

twitch tv/sirvenomik

>Do you need a specific type of ship to play with?
Yes, depending on the season. This season it's Tier 7 only

>French BB line still not announced

I see. Should I take my Shiratsuyu or better not try?

poi will do fine, just remember that you are very likely to meet radar

and gunboats

other ships are more likely to use DD/Bong smoke or request smoke so your torpedo vomit ability should come in handy.
Just remember to stay at least 9km (well, 8.something but whatever) from any Belfast, Atlanta or Indianapolis and try to avoid DD knife fights

and explosives flying at high speeds

SUMMONING CHAIN

The Soviet DD line is the gunboat line, right?

It's the radar line.

It's one of them and is better at longer ranges, the US is also a gunbote line but they're better at closer ranges.

>tfw you have different botes and tonks accounts because your tonks name didn't fit with botes.

Thanks.

>Colorado – New Mexico – Fuso: Removed hull (A), hull (B) become their stock hull (note that Fuso hull (B) still maintains its horrible 13km firing range). + Compensation the same way as what we had with Amagi and Nagato before.

So we find out about this AFTER most of us have already sold the stock NM and Colorado hulls.

If they do the same thing they did with Nagato, we would have gotten a 100% credit refund on the hull, but I sold the hull for 50% price through the 0.6.1 inventory.

The stock hulls sold for 150k credits or so, and while it's jewish to the max to announce the compensation after everyone emptied the inventory of the useless trash, well, who gives a fuck about 500k credits.

Though I did keep the Amagi A hull, just for curiosity's sake. It's not makred as the current Amagi A (stock) hull, so it looks like it's the old A hull.
The mysterious part is that I never bough Amagi, so I have no clue why they even handed me an Amagi A hull.

So if Alabama wasn't going to be the T8 premium, what was?

It's bullshit but I can't really bring myself to get mad. I just kind of expect WG to do dumb shit and at least this was relatively minor

SoDak?
Troll option: SoDak (1920)

How's your ranked going /wowsg/?

>bragging about rank 20-10 wins

USS Washington w/ range reduced to 17 km but detection to 10 km w/o Capt skills or mod.

I've gone through 6 ranks and want to kill myself before ever playing it again.

I'm stopping at 11 for the 250 gold. Love the lvl 15 flag this time, White Russian's rule.

>x81

I only open when I get a super to sort of gauge their rate.

>Derzki's torpedoes reload in 20 seconds

we SO now

>youtu.be/_JoMsY-dE0I
Flamu hates the Black.

>get a Black on our team in a T10 match
>he's the first ship in the game to die
It's completely balanced tovarish))))

I swear they're suiciding on purpose just so it goes directly into live.

I would hope so. Flamus has a point that very skilled people got a ship that is very overpowred. They could have given any ship to those people but why give them a ship with an added ability that makes the game easier when they're already the best at it?

I'm happy for them to get a fancy ship that's different to the sort of stuff in the tech tree, but holy fuck make it some gimmick ship that needs to be played well but does something unique, not just the most overpowered thing in the game.

What a surprise, a Fletcher iwth better torps and radar is the best DD in the game!

I mean, it's not like the Fletcher is already the best t9 DD, and could arguably be called t9.5.

I'm still not gonna play ranked, Flint and Black or not.

This desu.
Even horrendously broken rewards like that aren't enough to actually get me to bother playing ranked. Outside of maybe getting the flag.

I'm happy they got an exclusive ship too. They should get something for being this good at the game and getting rank 1 five times in a row. But the only DD with radar let alone one of the best DDs in the game with Baltimore's radar? No, that's too much and I hope the people that have it think so too.
First Alabama ST shit and now this? What the fuck is WG doing?

Guys I'm tempted to go AR as my first T2 skill on my Dunkek.
It can't be that bad of an idea can it?

AR can get hilarious if you are out of heals

I love it on everything else, but normally I go with EM first on BBs.
Though from the first few games it doesn't feel like the Dunk is really that desperate for the extra traverse so I feel like giving it up isn't a terrible idea

They should have just given premium version of a tier 9 Fletcher, not this shit.
>5.9km detection range
>any DD that you spot will never get to run away because of radar range
Is of fine, yes?

Also, makes the Baltimore that much more useless at it's tier, since it's DD at tier is exactly as useful and not as squishy.

just dodge))

will be of balans
when VMF gets radar DDs line))))))))))))))))))))))))

but comrade
Baltimor has very stronk AA)))))))))))))

>Baltimor has very stronk AA)))))))))))))

The funny thing is it kinda doesn't. I like the baltimore actually, but it's AA is overrated at best. Plane health ramps up at 9 so if you face an Essex or worse a midway you're luck to shoot down 4-5 planes assuming they come directly in and dont loiter.

>Ranked

>Plane health ramps up at 9 so if you face an Essex or worse a midway you're luck to shoot down 4-5 planes assuming they come directly in and dont loiter.
All the )))) aside, I know. AA in pretty much all its incarnations stops doing its job at t9.
Maybe barrage is enough to actually disturb the attackers, but it requires a complete retard in the CV to ever lose enough planes to be inconvenienced by those losses.

And the exact same thing happens when a carrier of a higher tier attacks a lower tier target, wether that is at t7 or 8, though at least you have a chane of defending yourself against same tier CVs at those tiers.

WG said in November 2014 that they wanted to rework CVs. Well, they said it again this January. Let's see if anytihng happens.

>be battleship
>do outrageous amounts of damage
>get all the kills
>tank tons of damage
>still lose

EVERY FUCKING MATCH

Is it so fucking much to have people who aren't complete fucking retards in ranked?!

I'm not dying in the first few minutes of a match; I'm usually one of the last two or three people alive. Fuck. FUCKING FUCK. I don't know how many matches I've seen where my idiot cruiser teammates are spamming AP at bow on battleships. Just fuck me in the ass.

Are you moving forward fast with you're DD's? I can't speak for others but I give smoke right next to/just inside the ring every match and my BB's love it, assunming they keep pace.

You only ever do a shit ton of damage when your team is actually retarded. If they are good, the damage will be stolen by them.

I dont use those mods so can someone explain what I'm looking at here? What are the small numbers above the cruiser logo?

>First couple matches think things are looking up
>Good back and forth, both teams play the objectives
>Next several it's back the the shit heap that was yesterday.
>Every game is a stomp, one of the teams don't bother playing objectives, faildivisions everywhere, shitters shitting torps in front of friendlies.
The fuck is going on? The game just isn't fun to play like this. Is ranked really sucking up the nonshitters?

Gun range

Ah ty... why would someone put that in that screen?

Because you simply cannot remember every concealment/torp range value for all DD/CL/CAs so you can use this as a cheat sheet

I've only been in one multi-DD match (which we won). No, I'm usually all alone.

Yay a win

I'm not bragging, believe me. The last thing I want is high stats and no wins.

I'm tired of being a shitter. I want my reward botes.

does the aspect ratio look as fucked up on your monitors as it does in these screenshots?

Cause this looks stupid

What you see is what you get.

Now that you mention it, it does seem off. The game likes to change them on me every other patch, I guess I got used to it.

Interestingly, I had it set to "auto". Then I fiddled with them, then I put back on auto and got this.

And that's where I was. On auto, before I set it back to auto.

Thank you so much for saying something. I feel like a damn idiot; I got used to things being off.

nice AA faggot

What should I have it set on?

How the fuck is this thread this dead?

Page eight on Veeky Forums?!

What ships should I be bringing to ranked?

Couldn't have survived without you, user.

belfast, scharn, atlanta, fiji, colorado, and OP t7 dds

>Still No Regia Marina Edition
First RU carriers with smoke and defensive fire, tovarisch
))))))))))))))

>I don't know why I'm even bothering.
>This shit isn't remotely enjoyable, even when I'm winning.

I'm gonna repeat myself: Do it only to get containers faster, that way youll enjoy it. Dont make it your goal to rank out.

I've made it my goal to get all the signal prize boxes and maybe the blue flag.

Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Leningrad, Blyskawica, Saipan, Atlanta, Flint, Belfast

Colorado with a 19pt Seagal.

I can't stand that lazy fuck's voice long enough to get him there.

I really need a voice mod for him.

Other than the first one, the rest are all premium botes.

No shit.

It's almost like Wargaming planned this.