/srg/ - SpeedRunning General

Make Speedrunning Great Again Edition

12 hour challenge is LIVE Feb 10-12. What game are you running?
Info here: pastebin.com/U4yrfNAD

Useful speedrunning links:
speedrun.com/ - Has most, if not all records of runners doing certain games. Many runs have a recording so you can learn what the runners have done.

tasvideos.org/ - Tool-assisted speedruns. Shows how a game can be run in optimal conditions. As expected, they're quite fast paced and pull off many frame perfect actions. They're also useful for an RTA, as these videos are useful for learning routes and certain techniques.

Dead speedrun resource websites:
forum.speeddemosarchive.com/ - previous site for GDQ discussion but GDQs are done interacting with the community now.

speedrunslive.com/ - Previous site to find speedrun streams and to race. Twitch's implementation of "communities" made this site irrelevant now.

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwifarms.net/threads/narcissa-cosmo-wright.24309/page-17
youtube.com/watch?v=MxDfSiRTMnE
pastebin.com/cQsBM6Jv
twitter.com/Naegleria1/status/830296654859399171
speedrunslive.com/about/
twitchstuff.3v.fi/modlookup/u/narcissawright
pastebin.com/U4yrfNAD
youtube.com/watch?v=0speQHbLMtU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why is there a 12 hour challenge community and a speedrun community? doesn't that just defeat the whole purpose of communities?

Reminder

marketing degree

what has he done with it so far? acquired a steady 700 viewer base on twitch for slightly better than minimum wage?

save it

kiwifarms.net/threads/narcissa-cosmo-wright.24309/page-17

Oh no .... they're back!

our boy Apollo Legend is BACK!

youtube.com/watch?v=MxDfSiRTMnE

now I see why GDQ staff is avoiding the community. they know he's back and will expose them if provoked.

are there enough people that even still speedrun to warrant a speedrunslive replacement?

i could make a rudimentary race organizer on speedrun.tv or something

lets make something great

>they've only just figured out who adrian is
pathetic

things that are wrong with SRL:

1.) uses IRC
2.) doesn't have a focus (split between races and pb attempt streams)
3.) corrupt management
4.) terrible account system
5.) archaic system used to start and join races
6.) points don't matter, nothing to discourage quits, nothing to reward winners.
7.) no race leaderboards (best race times etc)

that's all I can think of right now. what else is wrong with SRL that we can fix?

We need to build a great website. One with tremendous ability to facilitate the speedrun community in races. We need to fix what is wrong with SRL.

1.) Eliminate the reliance on IRC.
2.) Focus on racing and streams of races. Don't allow casual shit to take over like SRL did.
3.) Create a responsible management team. One that does not consist of power hungry individuals like SRL has.
4.) Create a simple account system. You log in. You can see your race stats and profile.
5.) You can join races with a click of a button. Simple. Easy. Gets the job done.
6.) Create events and incentives to have people race. Implement penalties for quits. An ELO system that matters would go a long way to make speedrun races great again.
7.) Log all data and make it available to people. Top race times. Top point earners. Many things.

If a racing website was a nice go to live hub to race and chat with others, it would be great. speedrun.com is the place to go to post your best runs. This SRL replacement would be the place to hang out live. It will be a huge project, but it is necessary to revive this hobby from the grave that Mike Uyama and GDQ LLC has put it in.

DELETE THIS

reminder that the Dragster guy made many claims like these and the time isn't even possible in a TAS and Twin Galaxies verification doesn't mean anything

pastebin.com/cQsBM6Jv

see you next month

anyone else literally never heard of this guy before?

lmao

>To be honest I think a lot of it is the entire attitude and stigma that surrounds the community.

>You log in.
This is something I don't think should be on a speedrun site. Why not just piggyback off Twitch/Twitter/Google?

>Don't allow casual shit to take over like SRL did.
The issue is some serious speedrunners like to do fun stuff every now and then with speedfriends. There could be like "untracked races" or something that allow people to use the racing mechanism without the data or streams clogging up the site

Closer to 3/5

I only see fucking white males

yeah I think you can have casual races and be fine as long as they are labeled casual and don't mess with ELO stuff. i think just having an easy way to create a race, join a race, and record the record of the race is what is needed. SRL lacks that.

Why was he censored? Was he about to reveal he was molested while filming Malcolm in the middle?

the state of this general is sad.

We could start shitposting about bounceyboy again if that would help.

SamandTolki and Kiwifarms' Narcissa thread made /srg/ irrelevant.

twitter.com/Naegleria1/status/830296654859399171
>being depressed because of what other people think when it has literally no effect on your personal life
what a sad hell-life nigleria must live

Go for it

>de hippie spacing

I've never been into speedrunning before, but am interested in getting into it.
What are some meme games I could try speedrunning (PC). Shame Sneak King doesn't exist for PC.

30 Flights of Loving
Bop me and damon

srg is based

If you truly believe this then there is no hope for you.

>metako gets WR in sotn
>next stream black nail polish
>kay...
>next stream after that
>eye shadow
>kayyyyyy....

What is his end game here?

Getting a hot dicking I imagine

so why are all the 12 hour streams ending before 12 hours? i thought the point of the 12 hour stream thing was to get people to speedrun for 12 hours straight and get a good time in their game?

people have a lot of problems with SRL. they do the one race and get put on the streams page, but can't figure out how to log in. the system is so archaic and needs an overhaul. too bad SRL management is flooded with people who don't do anything and just pretend they are important. just look at speedrunslive.com/about/ most of these people dont do shit.

SRL needs to drain the swamp. its time to repeal and replace SRL with something bigger and better.

thanks for the late response!

The only hope for SRL is a merger with speedrun dot com. SRL died in 2014.

He is streaming literally right now. My sister wears these exact same glasses. What will it be next stream? Pink lipstick?

>working against 'WR splits'

worse than clickbait

Why is SMW 96 Exit the flavor of the month game and category?

AdamAK is running Vice City on twitch right now

The qt has returned

96 Exit isn't a speedrun.

Cyber on WR pace for Sesame Street Sports.

Link to Twitch?

speedrun.com is pretty corrupted now. there is no authority there. everyone is too beta to tell these shitty communities to tone down on the shit categories. just think if they did races. it would just be a replica of SRL now but maybe with an updated UI for races and a please donate button next to it.

He lives!

when u reminisce the past when the soylent hit u

*complains about a new player not copying every movement input for input from a guide*
wow, sm64 is so deep!

SM64 is only truly deep from a tool-assisted perspective.

Cronikeys was right

That guy is retarded and I hope he stops posting.

Wrong. It's deep in the hands of players too, especially deep in TAS, as with all games.

*half-presses A*

Hello?!

hi

>SDA dead
>SRL dead
>SRG dead
the bubble really burst didn't it?

Blame sellouts grinding popular speedgames for 12 hours a day while pretending only god gamers can speedrun.

*bird laughs*

any girls streaming atm

*learns game*
*does a couple of runs*
*drops it and learns another game*

SM64 is deep, but there are multiple other 3d games that are equally as deep. Anyone who disagrees with this only runs SM64.

Wow, it's almost like people can learn a game and then decide they don't like running it.

>enter a stream for the first time
>runner is 5 seconds off his PB which is also his WR
top lad! HOYYYYYP!

You can only say you learned the game after grindmonkeying it for 2 years 10 hours a day.

theres a guy streaming FFIX who is 6 hours in and going "yeah this runs pretty much over, no point continuing"

waht in the unholy fuck is the point of speedrunning 9 hour games jesus christ

Getting rid of segmented runs was a mistake.

Damn Trihexx is a real nigga you know what im saying like the REALEST nigga

>Antlanta-looking ATL
What did he mean by this?

i miss early 2014 desu

twitchstuff.3v.fi/modlookup/u/narcissawright

How many channels do YOU have moderator status in?

Sometimes I get mixed up about the things that I like and end up searching for srg on /d/ or sph on Veeky Forums. Does anyone else have this problem?

Why user? Maybe it will come back..

>dead before 200 posts

Future's not lookin' bright, serg.

cheer up loli, it's not over yet

atl is slang for aliens ala outkast

>!add all 12hourchallenge A community challenge where participants choose a game and attempt to learn to speedrun it in 12 hours. Details here: pastebin.com/U4yrfNAD
wow, encourage this degenerate activity even more!!

>1 5 0 A P M - Yoshi's Island 100% speedrunning (rusty still) -- then losing Zelda Virginity w/ TPHD :^)

For someone who's supposedly secure about himself, Trihex sure talks about virginity a lot

>real nigga
>looking like vanessa from the cosby show

Is this real?

all black people do is talk about their dicks

this is not surprising

youtube.com/watch?v=0speQHbLMtU