Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7
(Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

>Super Etrian Odyssey

to the guy who asked about the eou2 team, I think it's lacking damage a bit. maybe if you replaced the troub with something else

That would be a nice title for a cool fan-made SNES Etrian Odyssey.

>super etriano odyssey

I thought it would be fine once I got Ailing Slash, and it would also account for my lack of elemental damage since it ignores defense, but what do you suggest i replace the troubadour with?

also my original post if anybody else has somethin to say

>Is a team of Land/Fort/WarMag/Troub/Hexer good in EO2U? Will I be crippled with my lack of elemental damage? Should my Hexer or War Magus use binds

dh for hexer/wm synergy maybe

gunners are also good since they can do elemental damage and binds so maybe one of those

what did you put the landshreck in for? some link-less build?

i just gave em an axe and called it a day. in my experience, gunners could never bind enemies reliably for me, even by the 4th stratum so i just stopped bothering putting points into the skills

you don't need to worry about uneven exp if you use only one adventurer

ándale, no me dí cuenta

Whoa, bro, are you some kind of genius? How do you do it?

>finally doing EOU2 classic after finishing story mode months ago
>P/R/DH Sov/H
>Beat golden Rapealope about level 11
>Curb Att+10 grimoire
GGEZ

You should have edited the cap, m8

>Mario's cap
>Not gunner's hat

>sigmario

ah

What if Sigmario was a FOE?

game ruined

Is /ourgirl/'s game the hardest in the series?

>Katakana still says Super Mario Odyssey

>game with floor jump
>hard
lol

New to this, but I deemed it a good idea to pick classic mode on my very first go around. Also, underlevellled for the first major boss and might've fucked up on the skills (too long to bother listing but I'm slapping myself for never giving Fortress Taunt) and party arrangement (Landsknecht and Fortress on the front, Sniper, Runemaster, and Medic on the back). How fucked am I?

Because the difficulty in past games totally came from when you had to go from shortcut to shortcut to get back to the floor you were exploring.

>taunt
>good
Kek, it's not even that good early because you have low points in it and it's garbo later in the game.

Also what do you mean classic, Sniper and Runemaster are EO4 classes. You're probably not really underlevelled anyway.

>killing floor 2
>etrian odyssey
>hell on earth
>berserker with sword and shield is protector
>medic is medic
>demo is alchemist
>swat is survivalist
>nevermind the actual class named survivalist
>either second berserker with a 2h weapon/katana
>or a gunslinger for gunner
>or 6 party team

low and mid level taunt and auto taunt is great, but when you get Party Shield and subclass Dancer for Fan Dance you will be a dodge king. DO NOT take speed boost, bug in the game makes your evasion almost 0% when you have both fan dance and speed boost, and fan dance has much higher evasion

Actually yes, it's a DUNGEON CRAWLER. One of the key factors of a dungeon crawler is to have a party with good endurance being able to manage resources effectively. Floor Jumping makes that pointless by giving you total freedom over the dungeon because you can just go fuck off and heal whenever and then go right back where you left off. It makes the game a lot less punishing as a result, leaving a lot of room for error. Don't tell me the 6th stratum of EO1 isn't hard as shit.

What would secks with a reaper be like?

Must've used the wrong term. Yes, I started with EO4. I chose the mode that doesn't give you unlimited items because I like a challenge. I'm spending more time collecting and selling food. You sure there isn't a decent grinding spot? Everyone's kinda-sorta close to level 15.

>Dancer
Having second thoughts on passing this one up too. I ask for grinding because I want more skill points to divert into skills I made the mistake of overlooking. From what you're saying, maxed out skills aren't worth it. Kinda wish I knew that before maxing out Strike Guard.

You mean you're playing on normal or expert? 15 is more than fine for stratum one, stratum number +5 is a rough guideline for every boss in the main game but you can do them a lot lower if you know their patterns.

SAY A SKILL HAS 10 POINTS MAX, DIMINISHING RETURNS HIT HARD AROUND 5 POINTS.

I mean stratum level x10 +5, whoops, 15, 25, 35 etc.

It's never diminishing returns if you look at skill values, it's just the TP increase is disproportionate to the damage/effect gain in many cases when you go past 4 or 9

You shouldn't really ever have to grind in an EO game. Strategy/team comp/equipment will always make a bigger difference.

Maxing skills is worth it when they're your main skills. Otherwise, they do suffer diminishing returns. Rule of thumb is to get it either halfway or leave it as a one-point wonder. Max it if you use it heavily.

>Yes, I started with EO4. I chose the mode that doesn't give you unlimited items because I like a challenge.
EO4 just has separate difficulties. I should hope you're playing on Expert.

>you can just go fuck off and heal whenever
warp wires are for casuals yes, I agree

>then go right back where you left off
Beginning of the floor, I don't see how that's different from just taking shortcuts. Most games have shortcuts you can walk to without encountering enemies anyway. It's a convenience more than anything yet you still want to go and cry about it because reasons.

it's a pretty good team desu, b king should be doable around 10-15, if you can't just rest for taunt + vanguard on land. vanguard kills everything
eou floors are still pretty damn big (the largest, actually) and have high encounter rates. 29f is still hard as shit and there's no
>dude immunize lmao
to save your ass.
it depends on the skill, strike guard is just an ass skill in general. meanwhile shit like vanguard (i really hope you got this) is like +140% damage boost when maxed.

Normal. Either that or casual mode. Also, that's what the overworlds are called? I'll try fighting the Berserker King again. Got it to half health before it wiped out nearly the whole party with a charged attack. Thought I could stun it during that phase like I did to the Bloodbear. I'm aware that there's an item that revives but even if they weren't so expensive, managing such a small inventory space is a bitch.

Come to think of it, there aren't too many chances to recover TP either, leaving me to run from every battle before I reach the third floor (how do forests have floors?), hoping I don't run into those Deathstalkers with their stunlocking.

Equipment's okay but no telling if my team's alright. Too early for this to be a surefire strategy but what I do is have the Landsknecht use Vanguard (followed by spamming Power Break, Double Slash, and Blazing Link) and the Fortress use Strike Guard while the Sniper spams Arm Guard hoping to cripple the Berserker King. Medic keeps guarding until someone's hurt and the Runemaster does setup with Runic Gleam, Fire Rune, and then Fireball Rune.

Also, no sign of an expert mode when I started a new game. Just normal or casual. Picked normal.

>warp wires are for casuals yes, I agree
It's not the escaping part that's retarded, it's the leaving and then going right back where you were that's retarded.
>Beginning of the floor, I don't see how that's different from just taking shortcuts. Most games have shortcuts you can walk to without encountering enemies anyway. It's a convenience more than anything yet you still want to go and cry about it because reasons.
You'll still encounter plenty of monsters along the way even WITH shortcuts. It's not like shortcuts automatically take you to the latest floor instantly. Besides wouldn't that make certain pieces of level design useless like shortcuts for example useless when you can literally just teleport to the stairs? It's not like you absolutely need every single tile and icon laid down in a floor. Again refer to the 6th stratum of EO1 which is brutal to go through even WITH shortcuts because you have to go through 5 floors of the hardest stratum in the game.

But I digress the point was not to shit on Untold because in the end that shit is optional and not required, I'm just saying Untold 1 being hard is blatantly due to so many factors.

>You shouldn't really ever have to grind in an EO game.
Depends on how you look at it. No use keeping your characters so low that they barely have any skills and get one-shotted by anything tough, even with buffs.
If you always fight the random encounters, you will grind before reaching a boss.

>can't beat the stratum boss at level 15 on normal
>dying to a telegraphed skill
Fugg user.

>leaving me to run from every battle before I reach the third floor hoping I don't run into those Deathstalkers with their stunlocking.
Find the shortcuts

*blatantly wrong

I did. Still hope I don't run into the damn scorpions. They're rare, but still. Also, beating those Cutter FOEs don't provide nearly the amount of experience points I thought they would.

It's because you're already at a level where you should be able to do the boss and are overlevelled for the enemies in the area.

>If you always fight the random encounters, you will grind before reaching a boss.
I always do this in every RPG anyway, and don't view it as grinding. When you need to go back and fight random encounters for EXP in order to clear a check later on, that's when it's grinding.

EO never forces you to do the latter, in my experience. I guess you're right in that if you run from every encounter you'll be too low to fight a boss.

Floor jump isn't that bad because the player should already be finished with the map's gimmick by the time they unlock it. At the very least, they should disable floor jump on the 5th and 6th strata to preserve the true EO experience.

You have no idea what are you talking about

Alright whatever stay in your echo chamber where no one is allowed to disagree with you.

So how did the originals work? Did you go through every floor of every stratum to reach any particular point late in the game?

>you
I hope you are using you as plural, because I just joined this line of dialogue.

Yeah I'll admit it's not really a huge problem for the earlier floors because those are easy as shit anyways.

Yet the Berserker King's charged attack always ruins me. Except the one time where everyone was miraculously hanging by the single digits. Then it countered and it went downhill from there. Am I seriously supposed to guard against that which shaves roughly 100HP off of everyone? Keep thinking I need to attack even more somehow. It worked on the previous boss.

I'm just talking to that guy.

immunize + magnetic poles and shortcuts

You still thing you are talking to just one guy, retard

NENE!

Well in that case I don't see any point in talking about this further.

>Am I seriously supposed to guard
If you can't deal enough damage to stun him, yes.

>previous boss
What?

Now that you mention it, the resemblance is striking.

Bloodbear. The Cutter recolor. Probably more of a miniboss but it only took a couple of tries to beat that. Also, is there a way to check how many turns the enemy's debuffs last? I know you can do the same for your allies.

Should be under reference, if it's the same as the untolds. That's not really a boss.

So basically, some of you like walking more and fighting enemies that you are overlevelled/overpowered against and render very little EXP rather than the convenience of floor jumping when backtracking for the quests and collecting items for gear/quests and what not?
Sounds like a waste of time.

That only works if I beat the enemy before. I'm still losing to the Berserker King but I'll try a defensive approach this time. It's clear now that I can't muster up enough attacks to stop his own.

(You)

What level do I get subclasses in eo4?

It's mostly just a problem in the later dungeons where getting wiped the fuck out while hauling ass to the boss room is an integral part of the experience. Gathering becomes trivial but that was never fun anyway. For the most part the convenience is a welcome addition but mainline EO games can do without it.

how would you feel about an Etrian Odyssey anime where the characters dropped like flies

You sure are mad

Third stratum about halfway through, so about 30.

meatgrinder odyssey or what?

>hauling ass
Time limits at that point?

You have to keep in mind that convenience is usually a direct trade-off for atmosphere and immersion, something that Dungeon Crawlers inherently care very much about.

Would you still play EO if there was literally nothing but combat and back to back encounters?

>EO2U story mode
>always got a unique inn visit every strata for every character
>never a 5th
>but strat 5 I got a 5th inn visit on floor 25
>arianna? nope its the inn keeper
>reset
>Flavio? nope he is looking for arianna for sewing lessons
>Bert? nope just has candy
>chloe? nope just has the wrong room

the fuck

I fucking hate the Highlander portraits in 2U, give me a class to reclass into it

>not liking comfy scarves and sideboob

>Would you still play EO if there was literally nothing but combat and back to back encounters?
Just to amuse your exaggeration: maybe.
I did put up with that in FF Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, Children of Mana, and the extra dungeons of FF 1&2 Dawn of Souls for GBA.

my problem is that every other portrait is styled in a different way, everybody else just looks smaller and it urks me

>Just to amuse your exaggeration: maybe.
To be honest, I probably would too. The recent EO games have pretty fantastic combat.

But the series would be worse off that way, as I'm sure you'd agree. The point is that there's a constant trade-off between convenience and immersion, and for some people Floor Jump passes that point. Maybe it doesn't for you, which is cool too. But maybe think of other features like the mapping - do you use auto-map at all? Would you be happy if the game never forced you to map ever and automatically updated its map as you went through it? After all, it's more convenient.

>tfw no V

really

besides, they don't look as bad as some of the others with their impractical/weird outfits

the last one that triggered me was the reaper portrait
she's underprotected as it is with her scant armor, then her abdomen is protected by a FENCE
A BLOODY FENCE, WTF™x10^23

What do people typically go for in EOU2's Ronin? I'm level 13 with a single point in Kat mastery, maxed upper stance, single point in Upward Slash and 4/10 on the multihit to keep the TP cost down. Is 5 kat mastery then post initiative good? Or do you just work on your other stances to get Peerless online asap?

and to add, I'm not dissing himukai here, I love his style a lot despite its quirks

It's like you don't even anime, dude.

>hating shiitake

someone draw a protector with:
- refrigerator-looking breast plate
- wooden fence pauldrons
- Craftsman screwdriver handles for bracers
- doghouse helmet
- coffee table shield
- a rug for a cape
- fire hydrant boots
- candle holder with arms broken off and nails on the end, imitating a spiked club

no, bro, no
>tone dials on bboots/bracers

this weirdass crap cannot be defended, even boob chambers in breastplates don't top this

Those are magic amplifiers, idiot.

what is this? fallout?

>gauntlets with amunition loaders
What's wrong with that?

>EO1 art

maybe you just have shit taste

>ice/mountain pick/pickaxe
was she a miner? rock climber? someone get her a real weapon!

That'd make a great weapon for puncturing scrubs though.

>blacksmith hammer
>submarine/airlock door shield

in other words, you fags don't know either and guess
mm-hmm

How strong is lmao4kat in V?

That's a legit weapon used for piercing armor.

Lmao negative armor

i've been stuck trying to make a fucking team for 3 days in EO2U, just pick my classes for me and i'll figure out the rest