/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

God edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8
>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA
>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X
>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND
>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/
youtube.com/watch?v=xcZDnMptVhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>thread died
>replacement thread on page 4 with 0 replies
We must perpetuate the Eternal Ring!

Gonna just repost what I posted in the last thread, since it died right after posting.

So, me and Izanami are finally lv200. For the people that actually hire max level pawns - what vocation are you looking for?

Also, someone please gift me an Ironblack Pelt.. it just won't drop.
Izanami - lv∞ - Fighter

Can I get Dragon's Bite (The Dragon's longsword for killing him) somewhere else besides doing another cycle?

Please hire my pawn. I'm down to 1.5k RC ;_;

Are you on PC? Because i've searched like mad and couldn't find her.

>that look

I'm sorry user.

it's actually fine

Dragon weapons are exclusive to the dragon.

Game is getting pretty dead, you shouldn't feel bad about cheating rift crystals.

Are fighter pawns the best kind of pawns?

>high DEF and good HEALTH

>A shield so they can survive more + they can perfect block without the augment + shield summons to take the heat of you and any mage/sorcerer pawn

>Dragon's Maw is a fucking beast against multiple enemies and single enemies + iframes

>Antler's Toss is great for hitting weakpoints and Blink Strike is useful too

yes, though I don't like blink strike on my fighter pawn

Sadly...

good evening

I am. I think the trick is to look for lv199, then you'll find level 200 pawns. (yeah, I know)

I think he stays in cassardis

Nah, just found out he's gone forever.

oh really

guess he must have fell in with the rest of gran soren
kek

lmao

I have no idea who you're talking about because of a deleted post. It can apply to anyone really.
But thanks for the laugh

gross

it died way faster than usual
i think less than 40 mins

where's the hips

come on son

eh any class does it when your at that level
personally i prefer sorcs since they're more versatile

>Gazer
>Mystic knight
>Juan wants to be a hardcore swordfighter but DD bosses won't let him.

It was around the 3-4 HP mark that the only way I could hit him was to bait him into trying to crush me and quickly get in two high-arcing sword shots.

I think I fucked up when I didn't use the great cannon ball he was summoning (after wiping out the 4 using it) but instead just wailed on him when he was stunned on the ground.

Also looking up the wiki failing to bait the tentacles to hit him

I wish you could deflect his gaze back if you do a perfect shield block. I am pretty sure I did deflect the gaze with the shield but it wasn't reflected back to him.

I also didn't try crawling into his eye. I just crawled above the eyelid and tried to jump down and attack.

I gotta admit it's a little annoying though when I check the wiki (after I finish a boss, so as not to spoil the experience) and it's like "GUIDE FOR STRIDERS GUIDE FOR ARCHERS GUIDE FOR SORCERORS AND MAGES"

"Guide for warriors/fighters? lol you dumb jock just swing your sword and shut up"

Not bitching I love the game.

I dunno dude I really like Gazer as an MK. It's a support and hybrid class and fights like that show its prowess, especially solo or with a fighter pawn, at its versatility. You've got great cannon and ruinous sigil to clean up the tentacles on the ground extremely quickly, with abyssal anguish up you can full moon slash them all to death and with a riposite you can perfect block all of their spells and immediately strike them back. When the 4 tentacle monsters come out you can drop another great cannon next to it and wack it, and you've got plenty of mobility. You can also sit behind a pillar during his gaze and wack a well placed cannon at his eye, interrupting the gaze and doing some strong damage to him.

I'm growing more partial to trying them as I feel like strider and longbow pawns are a bit underwhelming.

Yeah I haven't gotten to abyssal anguish yet, but I didn't know perfect block will work vs spells too. The regular tentacles were easy peasy, it was at that 3-4 HP mark when literally all his tentacles were ripped off so all he did was:

-Poison breath
-COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE EYE-JAM
-Laser-beam.

My great cannon was doing almost zero damage to him, but that's perhaps to blame for me leveling up as fighter/warrior then going mystic knight. I know if I go sorceror it'll boost my magick level but sorceror is such a snooze for me. I'd see if there was a way to cheat up my magick level but I feel like that'd be unfair.

And I don't think it was a lack of enchantment because my pawns would give me holy charge and even then the cannon wasn't doing any damage to him even when it hit his eye.

And it sounds like I just mistook in not trying to crawl on the eye (I figured it'd either not let me crawl on the eye or he'd eat me if I did). I have the gloves of might so it'd be easy to do.

No idea why my cannon wasn't doing any damage to the eye beyond magick level.

Yeah but you can deal with those mechanics while also putting out damage and conserving stamina at a fair pace very well as an MK. You've got all that time to save your stamina for running from the gas, rebuffing yourself and readying for damage windows. Over as a fighter or a warrior, you've got absolutely nothing to do, you can't really hit the tentacles on him and often have to wait for them to come off, and if you do climb him, you'll be wasting stamina for when he inevitably fucks you with a poison cloud and you'll have to either chug curatives or take a lot of damage and suffer. Then you'll have to move yourself all the way back to the other side for the 4 tentacles. None of which MK has to deal with. I agree the fight isn't hard nor very mechanically interesting at all, but I think MK probably has it best for fights like that, along with MA/ranger/sorc (like all fights in their case).

Your great cannon will likely get better as you get more gear, mine does a whole ton of damage but I did go sorc 100-200, pure str builds will have a lot worse damage until they're geared well in strong magick gear. And you don't want to climb as an MK usually.

th-thanks

Good point, I was forgetting to use my dragonforged sword with higher magick bonus than my dragon's dogma sword with super high physical but abysmal magick bonus. Doing better now.

>My holy enchantment isn't T2 yet
>whenever I am fighting undead it seems to disappear too fast
>face geo-saurians who cause fire if you are next to them
>My dragonforged sword is ice enchant and massacres them
>Oh but wait I holy enchanted before battle
>Takes fucking forever for the enchantment to disappear
>Until it does the holy sword does almost no damage when with ice it massacres them.

Senechal pls

>Fire geosaurians again
>Mage casts FIRE AFFINITY
>ON MY ICE SWORD

need more bestiary knowledge

better train her with those beasts user

Speaking of which, any way to tell the pawns to not STAND RIGHT NEAR THE UNDEAD DRAGON.

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU ARE A CASTER IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO STAY AWAY. HE'S NOT EVEN AFTER YOU.

Jesus fucking christ.

club the shit out of her with a piece of wood

Gotta climb to strike the heart with your basic sorc attack, you know.
Honestly, I wish fighters would stop climbing fucking everything too. Especially poisoned undead. Mine has launched himself from the back of those things countless of times.

I'm also getting some real DS2 vibes with this fucking nigger. Balls deep beneath him and get warped into his grab and throw attack. Bunch of fucking bullshit.

You're going to love Daimon's grab attack.

Not him but fuck that fucking mechanic jesus christ. Trying to solo daimon 2 hard mode and that one singular move is the bane of my god damn existence. Everytime I try to burst strike out of the way, I always go right into his hands and he just grabs me up and crushes me.

I've been snapped into his grab from several feet away, that shit has some wonky hitboxes

good night

Bones, walking bones!

Human bones that move on their own!

Do not skip the ass day

Daily reminder that human bones that move on their own can be mystic knights and cast holy fucking fortress, but your pawn can't :^)

Warrior>fighter
fite me

>That quiver.

Can you customize that kind details in DDO?

that kind of* details

Finally spell synch'd, It took a fucking long a time. Playing as sorc has been funner than expected, though.

Finally my pawn* spell synched

>Thundershock is a side effect of spells, weapons and creatures with a lightning elemental attribute, however unlike lightning the effect known as thundershock does not cause any damage.
what did the wiki mean by this

It's a status effect that makes the enemy slowly collapse to the ground.

I'm trying to figure out why cyclops are randomly taking huge damage when they get hit in the eye with my shitty lightning bow, it's like one time out of 20 they suddenly lose more than a bar of hp from a single shot.
I think it might be thundershock triggering but I was under the impression it did no damage.

Staggered enemies take more damage. If you're using deathly arrow it's not uncommon for people to be unaware of the perfect charge mechanic. Eyes are hard to hit, are you sure you're hitting it every time?

What? You made Madeleine? How?

Hired her, I have met 3-4 Madeleines in the rift (while no Selene and Mercedes so far).

Have another one.

Easiest way to teach them is to jump on to spells they're already casting. I only had to do it two or three times before mine started to sync with me.

Ever wanted to kill your pawn?

>A: Ranger; P: Sorceress
>have to kill two firedrakes on everfall (quest)

take 01:
>pawn YOLOs ahead an aggroes the two dragons at once
>get raped

take 02:
>pawn stays near, but enchants my ice longbow with holy or something else
>0 damage done
>get raped

take 03:
>am about to land my pre-emptive strike on the dragon with a timed death arrow
>pawn opens chest
>the lid blocks my view
>can't move while charging deathly arrow
>miss
>try another shot
>blocks my view with the useless spell casting
>miss
>dragons already on me
>ra... godsbaned

take 04:
>go out
>pick up pawn
>*throw* =3
>pawn isn't killed
>pawn resets nearby

Thank you Capcom

What else did you expect with my help?

>using shield skills

>abyssal anguish
>trances
>ripostes

Neat, I'll try it, spell synching is the main reason why I changed his vocation.

Fuck its winding me up. What are these called?

Brain keeps going pecan... its not pecan... um, pikachu?

pee stash ee oh

Hire my pawn bois

Really wish there were some green magic spells.

>not even trying to be a classy slut

Honestly, more people should give DDO a chance, I'm surprised most people here aren't playing it togheter.

Corrupted Pawns Anodyme is green right?

fml

that's a bretty cool druid
Miasma is a dark green

>pin head
>man shoulders
Just slapping silk lingerie and silver chest plate is not an automatic solution.
Try torso=8, Legs=11, head slightly bigger/less tall.

Post results.

Yes, sort of. I don't know about quivers (I assume they're tied to whichever bow you're using), but you can set another piece of equipment to display instead of what you're actually wearing. Say you want the protection of a piece of plate armour but would rather wear some airy clothes: you can equip the plate armour and this will determine your stats, but you can choose for your character model to be wearing those clothes instead. So in this case, if you don't like the quiver, just make it display a different bow with a different quiver.
You're still restricted to what your vocation can wear, though.

Dunno, I'm still at stage 4, I found out that some of the last badges of vows can be taken exclusively during the last part of the base game, so I'm just collecting them for now. Not that I'm complaining, that gives me an excuse to fuck around with new vocations and to hunt for new materials.

>that's a bretty cool druid
Thanks, man!

>Miasma is a dark green
You are right, I forgot about it, but I mainly meant some plant related spells.
>mfw I can't chain a giant monsters with plants while draining its hp, with the monster progressively tearing the plants up to get free.

I'll scatter those bones!

hey guys, our boy Grigori will be on the field to represent our general in the 4cc Veeky Forums team in 15 mins!

link to the hitbox stream here
implyingrigged.info/wiki/

How?

Oh my, thank you.

trophy cutscenes from the last tournament
youtube.com/watch?v=xcZDnMptVhE

what do you mean how?

How did you get a player to be a dragons head?

>goleador's dogma is back.

Neat, that's a nice suprise.

i don't know, i'm just a fan
people have been doing this for years and it has it's own general at
ccg

Meme magic.

G R I G O R I

G
R
I
G
O
R
I

Holy shit, top player of the board.

You can't stop Grigori. See you in the next VGL, lads.

I am the manager of the team, the guy that worked on the models ripped Grigori from the game basically.

I played it for a little bit, but an update came out and i just couldn't into moonrunes enough. It was fun though; I liked that the ranger used kicks instead of daggers

How's the translation? When I played the tutorial cyclops mission wasn't translated yet and i think I spent about 20 minutes doing the complete wrong thing

>You can't stop Grigori.

Seriously, champ among champs
/m/'s 3d models are freaking great, though, seeing such a good motherfucking ideon model running in a spaceship is hilarious.

>next VGL
wow, that's not that far off
hope you and us are still around!

I will never leave /ddg/, don't worry.

>no way to replay the intro without starting a whole new save
Why couldn't they keep it in NG+