What was Ulsters beef with Connacht?

I know the Irish were always fighting each other, but it seems Ulster and Connacht in particular in medieval Ireland hated each other more than others.

It's 6:00 AM right now OP and I'm really tired but when I wake up I'll dig out my ol' Medieval Irish literature reading list from university and see if there's anything there that can help you

Probably just one of those things that happen. Start a fight, and it just keeps going and going until it becomes really big. Or it could just be that the Ulster Cycle of literature makes it seem like a lot bigger deal than it is.

That pic is has a bunch of different styles that shouldn't mix btw (first guy has everything from Bronze Age to Later Medieval). Looks cool though

Source on the pic?

Made it myself.

Made it myself, kinda a mock book thing on Gaels

Oh that's very interesting, that explains a lot. Oh yes I know, I kinda made them as rich Gaelic lords wearing older Gaelic and pre-Gaelic jewelry and equipment to emulate their ancestors.

Jesus Christ how barbaric.

I suppose anything is possible, didn't they find a bronze age sword with a group of modern rebels?

That Connacht warrior is aesthetic as fuck

The two most influential clans resided in Ulster and Connacht IIRC
Also your pic is wildly inaccurate, please don't create images that make our warriors look like shit
You're appropriating our culture and you have triggered me

What the fuck is the Connacht guy wearing

I know.

It's effay as fuck

no idea about connacht but the ulsters were transplants who were part of a settlement program to civilize the frontier. that tends to ruffle feathers, and it tends to take a hardy peopel to do something like that successfully.

That happened like 1000 years after the period OP is talking about

did the ulsters have a beef with the northern irish in the year 300? because the plantations were started in the 1300s.

that seems like a long way for people that were still nomadic sheepherds to have a blood feud with before they'd even reached teh bronze age.

I might be misunderstanding though.

Ulster and Connacht were two major Irish tribes/kingdoms, there's a lot of epics about wars between the two. And by 300CE the Irish were well into the Iron Age

I think your chronology is a bit borked, my dude. "Northern Irish" isn't a term that comes onto the scene until the 1920s.

>nomadic shepherds
>bronze age
By the 300s the Irish had been using iron for centuries and were mostly semi-nomadic agrarians.

Also the plantations didn't start until the 17th century. There were some before that, but no particularly successful ones and definitely not as early as the 1300s.

>effay
Wool

I can't appropriate my own culture kek. It's artistic licence, Wasn't trying to accurate at all. Calm your triggering.

You have triggered me even more

That's because Connacht is shit.

The King of Connacht had a Big White Stud Bull and his Queen wanted a Big Brown Stud Bull so they tried to steel the Ulster Brown Bull when all of Ulsters warriors were suffering from menstruation cramps apart from this one dude who challenged the Connacht army to single combat in a river one at a time.